Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-19-2008, 01:57 AM

Oh, hopefully this list will make English projects much more easier.

01. Ring
02. Flower
03. Air
04. Sun
05. Moon
06. Stars
07. Love
08. Balloon
09. Chocolate
10. Smile
11. Tear
12. Snow
13. Ice
14. Crystal
15. Gift
16. Dog
17. Book
18. School
19. Locker
20. Heart
21. Fire
22. Swimming
23. Boy
24. Nature
25. Rock
26. Hair
27. Club
28. Eye
29. Halo
30. Wand

Last edited by Exchange; 04-24-2011 at 05:27 PM..

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-19-2008, 02:15 AM

01. Ring
On top of the old dusty drawer lay a box. A small velvet box. It used to contain a ring, a precious ring. A simple ring, with nothing but three small diamonds on top. Three diamonds, and a promise, a promise to a girl. Yesterday, today, tomorrow. But that ring is long gone, that promise long broken, that girl's heart long mended. For there is no such thing as a promise, it was just disappointment in disguise. She used to wear the ring everything. She'd watch the stones catch the light of the sun and play off her face. She'd use to admire it and fall into a passionate phase, thinking about love. But when that promise was broken, she broke too. Fell apart. And when she finally regained herself, she took off her ring. A single kiss was given. And she let her fingers slip. And she let the ring fall. And she close her heart. And now she sits by the window, waiting for him.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-23-2008, 06:09 PM

16. Dog
I let out a gasp as my parents came through the front door. In mother's arms was the cutest little Yorkie I've ever seen.
"Oh my," I exclaimed. "Why?"
"It's a congrats for your excellent report card," mother replied.
I was speechless. It was as if Christmas had come all too soon. Images raced through my head, of all the good times I would have with my new puppy. Yet little did I know, she hated me. Whenever I'd try to hug her, she'd growl. Whenever I'd try to pet her, she's bite. Whenever I'd even try to get near her, she'd bark and bark and bark. Yes, she hated me. So up until my senior year in high school, I'd keep away from her, for fear of unleashing the demon within. But my last day of high school, my last day in my house, I stood on the steps, saying mental goodbyes to everyone, and she came. And she gave me one of those wet sloppy doggy kisses. And that was the last I ever saw of her.

Last edited by Exchange; 04-20-2011 at 07:55 PM..

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-21-2011, 04:38 PM

08. Balloon
Ten minutes until five, she told herself. Ten minutes until doomsday. Ten minutes until. March 30, 2011. For a second semester high school senior, that date is the equivalent of the apocalypse. Everything she's worked for until today will be meaningless if nothing good comes out of it. Eight minutes. Oh god, only eight minutes left. What'll happen if she receives zero acceptances? What of her then? And what will her friends think? Amidst hurried good luck text messages and frantic clock watching, the timer slowly clocked down. One minute. Best to open all the tabs now, close her eyes, and pray to that God that she only believed in during times of crisis (like now). Tick. With a blink of an eye, the analog clock on the lower right hand side of her screen shifted to 5:00 PM, exactly. She took a deep breath, and refreshed all her tabs.

Minutes later, her phone buzzed, alerting her to an incoming text. Blinking back tears, she unlocked her phone to find a picture. A simple, color pencilled in draft of a triceratops, with a single tear dripping from his (hers?) dinosaurly eyes. A red balloon floating away, yet that balloon symbolized everything she and her friends had dreamed for, hoped for, believed in. And that red balloon was disappearing off into the sky, taking their dreams and hopes with it. That red balloon, an overly cliched metaphor, would pop. And so would her dreams of college.