Mogwai
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2013, 07:05 PM

Monster
I haven't seen too many animes, I can recommend other animes but i'm pretty sure you've seen them already... I've mentioned Monster specifically because i've noticed it's rather underrated relatively to other anime series.

Last edited by Mogwai; 05-16-2013 at 07:10 PM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM

I've actually heard great things about Monster and have it on my to watch list..just haven't gotten around to it just yet (I have limited time for watching things, so I tend to move through the shorter things on my list first).

Mogwai
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 PM

That's good (: Monster is the best anime i've ever seen in it's genre.

MinakoAxule
SpIdErS iN tHe BrAiN

Old 05-26-2013, 06:04 PM

I would say Inu Yasha. By the 20th episode I think, I realized every other episode was recycled.... You just keep seeing the same thing over and over again I just told my friend I would not watch it with her. She then realized I was right that it just keeps repeating the same episodes....

There is an anime I loved named Weiss Kreuz it was created by the jpop band Weiss Kreuz and was done really well, but it was so successful that they released it in english which the title went from Weiss Kreuz (White Cross) to White Knights.... And of course they didn't keep the original voice which were originally done by the actual band members... So yes stay away from the horrid english version!!!

Another anime I love but I know people need a big warning about is Earth Girl Arjuna. This is an artistic save the planet anime and if you only want action and comedy this anime you should stay away from. It has deep save the earth theme and gets very strange at times with the combination of real life and anime with psychadelic imagery.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-27-2013, 11:21 PM

E.Y.E.S. of Mars. Well, this one's not truly bad, but... it's so cheesy and preachy that it borders on being bad. The voice cast is filled with nobodies(seriously, check the IMDB page for this film -- for the vast majority of the listed dub cast, this is their ONLY known role). And that ending just SCREAMS "wth???".

So I guess it is bad... just not that bad. Right?

ClockworkKanella

Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
Ergo Proxy - god, what a boring and depressing anime that is!!! I felt an unexplained depression after watching every episode of it. Not the good depressing kinda mood, but the boring-depressing mood. you know what I mean? I hope so. lol.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Ergo Proxy.
The visuals were great and the story took place in post apocalyptic society where everything left was so preserved and controlled it left such a dirty taste in my mouth. Watching it all crumble throughout the story was fantastic.
(After all, not all anime are going to be cheery and upbeat.)

It was from the same folk who did witch hunter Robin too.

Mogwai
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkKanella View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed the Ergo Proxy.
The visuals were great and the story took place in post apocalyptic society where everything left was so preserved and controlled it left such a dirty taste in my mouth. Watching it all crumble throughout the story was fantastic.
(After all, not all anime are going to be cheery and upbeat.)

It was from the same folk who did witch hunter Robin too.
Oh really? Well, perhaps that's why I hated Witch hunter Robin too. It was boring to tears.

Caleb
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 AM

Last edited by Caleb; 08-12-2013 at 08:21 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-16-2013, 04:46 PM

Hmm... Blood+ was okay, but I wouldn't call it amazing. I'd say the fact that the characters are actually far more mortal than in most animes is a key thing I personally liked.

Careful of bashing anime names the names children are getting named in real life recently are getting pretty bad... XD

Hmm... I must say that summary of DeathNote makes me not want to watch it... but given the previews I've seen it sounds rather accurate...

Inuyasha isn't over yet? O.o How long does it take to collect a handful of shards?

Caleb
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-23-2013, 03:50 AM

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-23-2013, 04:14 AM

I dunno... I'd say the intelligence level in most anime has been depressingly accurate...

Hmm... I'd actually like a necklace like that... it'd have some very convenient uses in real life...

Caleb
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-23-2013, 09:30 AM

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-23-2013, 06:52 PM

Unfortunately if you look at the most people online... >.< it's already a global disease

Well if I remember right it can make him hit on command right? Perfect for little kid time outs :D

Caleb
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 PM

Last edited by Caleb; 08-12-2013 at 08:20 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-25-2013, 03:29 AM

Unfortunately I also ride public transit... it's spread there too...

Haha... drown em out? XD
Well pretty sure dog tags aren't effeminate, and those are a "necklace" (oh please nobody in the military read that XD)

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 07-25-2013, 05:17 AM

In an attempt to bring this topic back on track, I recently remembered Duel Masters for being a pretty crap anime, the only reason I watched any of it was because at the time it was one of the few anime actually screened on free to air TV around these parts...and I would pretty much prerecord onto tape with my trusty VCR the time slot in which any anime was played.

Now, as someone who already thought Yu-Gi-Oh was relatively lame for an anime, Duel Masters took the lameness to a whole new level. To me the concept of Yu-Gi-Oh as an anime was a promotional tool for the card game, by incorporating it into a dramatised plot. Duel Masters attempted to do the same thing but it conveniently forgot to explain how the card game for Duel Masters actually is played...so it probably wouldn't have appealed to anyone unless they were already into the card game.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-03-2013, 05:23 PM

The newer Pokemon. I LOVED the old stuff, the first 3 seasons and their movies. But then they just had to many legendarys and the names started to sound crappy. And then WTF doesn't Ashe get any older?! Is he in freaking neverland for vacations or something?! (O.o) I miss the old Pokemon so much and I get so happy when I watch it on bomerang or CN has one of the old movies playing(Movie 2000 is my fave, Lucario and the mystery of mew is my second fav) But now the charaters are really annoying too, like I was babysitting a 6yr old that was watching it and I just couldn't watch it with him because I felt like it was a mockery of the original Pokemon.
Well Pokemon has turned into the worst anime that I have ever watched and that is just sad. :(

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-03-2013, 08:26 PM

This is the best "theory" as to why he's forever ten...
But yeah I gotta agree being 10 forever is kinda messed up.

But really... sequels will usually not surpass the original... that is very rare

Bire
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 PM

I've never liked hentai or ecchi.
Ones that I hate the most are hardcore BL or Yuri.
I don't really like seinen or josei.
I also hate absolutely hate, sorry fans of this anime, Uta no prince-sama. The first episode and I was like "Bleh, why did I even watch this."

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 09:10 PM

I just remembered another one, and a lot of people will disagree but Hetalia, that was a really what-the-heck type anime for me, and not just because the characters are countries in a human form...that was pretty weird but it was not the only reason I don't like it.

I imagine that the creators thought it was a great and original concept, to have countries being represented as humans and interacting with each other in presumably stereotypical ways that people from those countries would behave. And from what I remember, Japan was a relatively 'normal' character with no particular quirks while Italy was childish, immature and yet for some reason seemed to be the focus of the entire show, or at least what I saw of it. There was no real plot, just weird skits in the form of very short episodes that really did not make much sense as anything that's supposed to entertain.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 PM

No plot? Well sounds like a good thing I haven't seen it... I was thinking to if there was a storyline

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 09:31 PM

Well, it wasn't as plotless as say Azumanga Daioh, I think Italy and I think it was Roman empire or something, had some sort of back story depicting them as 'children'. But really, the skits weren't funny, the entire concept was just a bit too weird for me. the episodes are really short, if you watched an episode or two, it would be enough to get a feel for the rest of the show without wasting too much time if you do indeed not like it.

I should mention that I actually liked Azumanga Daioh a lot...that was hilarious as an anime and manga.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 PM

Azumanga Daioh wasn't really trying to be normal though. Pani Poni Dash (sp) made absolutely no sense too... but I think that was sort of the intention to make as little sense as possible while maintaining a story...

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Azumanga Daioh was a very watchable weird and plotless comedy, anime and manga were both done well. I think it was the somewhat well developed characters, especially Ayumu Kasuga (Osaka), and their interactions that made it worth watching.

Hetalia missed the mark even in character development, they were just countries turned into humans...and stuff sort of happens but nothing particularly interesting.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 PM

If it followed history of country interactions or something that would have been cool...