maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 AM

Admit it, there are characters on there that you are hoping will get together.

I think it would be nice if Lyon and Juvia ended up together. But that is just me. What do you think?

There is always the famous Natsu debate too. Should he get together with his first love, Lisanna, and marry her someday like they promised to do when they were young? I mean time should not distance such love should it? Or are you a Lucy and Natsu fan since they are on the same team and have so many memories together?

I could go on. I want to hear your thoughts and opinions!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 AM

Is this general fairy tales? Or a show called fairy tales? Not quite sure as I don't recognize the names...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 09:05 AM

This isn't fairy tales. This is Fairy Tail. A manga and an anime. That is a huge debate right there. There are diehard manga fans and diehard anime fans... then the rest of us who just have our preferred choice. In my case, I prefer the anime version.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 AM

Oh my... I googled and saw cats with wings... I... might have to watch this later...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 AM

Yes, there is a main character for awhile that is a cat with wings... and then a girl cat enters the picture. They are a species called Exceed. Fairy Tail is an amazing show and everyone I have talked into watching the first couple episodes are hooked. Most have caught up too.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 AM

Haha. I'll be sure to look into it one day. I've got a lot of shows to watch and very little time to do so :(
If only I had 2 screens on my computer I could dedicate one to anime/games and the other to having a social life

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 AM

lol, that works. I usually have an anime talking up half my screen and Menewsha open in the other... or instead of anime, Leverage or NCIS instead.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 09:21 AM

Ah yeah... I like my anime to have larger images. Makes it easier to see all the interesting stuff in the background...

Is it very flashy at all by chance?

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 09:24 AM

Flashy? Hmmm... not really... flashy...

The reason I like Fairy Tail is that the characters are all very different from each other. They have their own unique personalities, backgrounds, characteristics, way of responding to situations and to each other. They each have their own speed of improving and growing.

The plotline is good paced. Not slow like DBZ. Not so fast that you feel like stuff was left out or underdeveloped. It is good.

The enemies each get a chance to show their strengths... though eventually they are defeated. Just because someone is bad doesn't mean they are bad either... some of the bad guys end up joining Fairy Tail.

Love the music.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 AM

Haha.... DBZ... "Ima firin ma lazor!" *3 episodes layer* "Pskkewww" XD

I hated that. I also hated ones that would take so long it felt like they were developing in real time and then BAM time skip and they're BAs... =.= (onepiece)

Ooh I like that, when the bad guy can end up not having actually been bad, just misled and stuff... like Shugo Chara and Soul Eater ended up having that. Makes the storyline far less predictable.

Not flashy is good... some are so flashy I worry for my health

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 AM

I like neither of those.

Oh Shugo Chara! This is very similar to that, only less depressing ^_^ I mean don't get me wrong, huge fan and all, but Fairy Tail has a way of having comedy in all the right places :D

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 09:47 AM

"Less Depressing"... there's a lot of room there XD

Speaking of good anime... *pokes signature*

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Good room! I promise!

hehehe... yes... Strawberry Panic ^_^ I think my favorite couple there involves Amane.

I wish you had seen Fairy Tail. I think you would have liked it. Also, I think conversation with you on that should would have been most delightful :( Someone who speaks my language on the same level... we could have talked and understood the lingo of the other.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 AM

Yeah yeah XD I'll watch it give me time... Is it fully complete or still going by the way?

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 10:01 AM

It is still going. However several weeks ago the anime paused. They are (1) letting the manga get ahead of them and (2) going to restart the series on TV in the fall. So I will have to wait for eons to see what happens next... I mean we are ready for the beginning of the finale arc of the last series.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 10:04 AM

I see. So it's going to try and catch everyone up ^^

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 10:05 AM

Pretty much. Keep an eye on the news on google or something for it's restart date... then just watch it from the beginning. Good way to go about it I suppose. I just wish that it was starting where it left off. I kind of am hoping that Natsu and Lucy get together... and Erza and Jellal get together...

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 10:07 AM

What is the original language it's voiced in? Unfortunately anime that is dubbed makes me sick to my stomach so I have to watch the original with subtitles...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 AM

Japanese. I absolutely love Japanese anime, and always go with subs. If you google "Watch Fairy Tail Online" then it should be the first link... very good.

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-27-2013, 10:24 AM

Good show! I don't know. Ship everyone with everyone and be done with it? :-P

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 10:25 AM

Good to hear it's easy to find... I've found countless hidden gems that just vanish into thin air after the first couple episodes.

Oh Japanese >w< that means getting it in a language I actually know the basics of! :D

@ Ticket - Interesting viewpoint XD but it just might work...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 10:25 AM

lol, now that just is too easy... they make everyone such great friends that you don't know for sure who will fall in love with who... except Juvia of course... but I can see her switching from Gray to Gray's nemesis.

---------- Post added 04-27-2013 at 07:26 PM ----------

You would definitely like it dear. I dare say, you would be hooked.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 10:27 AM

Really... love interests are nemesis with each other? XD

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 10:35 AM

Well... there is this guy... and a girl like the guy... and then there is another guy who is always fighting the first guy and vice verse... but the second guy loves the girl who loves the first guy who doesn't seem to care, but we don't know his thoughts and feelings...

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-27-2013, 10:39 AM

I dunno. I mean, honestly, most of my favorite shows are the ones in which the main characters are all bros and just love hanging out together and going on adventures and having fun together, and they don't waste the plot on love interests and angst. And yeah, I know, people tend to ship people anyway, and it IS mad fun.

What about Erza?