Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 02-03-2008, 03:53 AM

Hello dear Menewshans.

I come to you with a matter of the heart and I'm hoping you can be of some assistance to me. As some of you will be aware, a romance has been blossoming between myself and the lovely Miss. Vicktoria Valentine.
We got off to a slightly rocky start at first, we first got together last year, but due to some unfortunate miscommunication and a few unpleasant rumors, Vicktoria thought that I was seeing someone else behind her back, and stopped speaking to me.

Matters came to a head during the New Year party when she got a little drunk and came looking for me bent on revenge :shock:
I have to say that was a scary time for me, she looks sweet as candy, but she comes from a long line of warriors and her temper is quick, I will admit to being sorely afraid that she'd beat me to a pulp before I could say a word!

But thankfully, bloodshed was averted. Thanks to the help of some wonderful users, we were brought together and reconciled our differences, and have been happily together ever since.

Now, Vicktoria is away right now, visiting with her family on Amorus, She's been gone for 4 days, and I'm missing her more than I could have thought was possible. It's like a physical ache in my heart :cry: Being parted from her like this has truly made me realize just how much she means to me.

I've known some wonderful ladies in my lifetime, I thought I'd been in love before, but I've never felt like this, ever.
She's on my mind constantly, I can't stop thinking about her sweet smile, or the silky texture of her hair, I get a hollow feeling in my belly when I talk to her on the phone.

Call me crazy, but I think she's the one, and I want to ask her if she'd do me the honour of becoming my wife. After all, it is nearly Valentine's Day, wouldn't that be the perfect day for a chap to declare his love and get down on one knee?

I know we haven't been together very long, but my heart is telling me that this is the right thing to do, I love her so much.
But my head is worried and wanting me to be sensible.
I'm trying to ignore it but it's insistent. So I'm asking for your advice, good people.
Am I doing the right thing?

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 02-03-2008, 04:03 AM

Awww valentines would be the perfect time to ask her. Especially with how much she loves that day anyway.

Kasandara
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Kasandara

Old 02-03-2008, 04:14 AM

Awww I think it's wonderful to follow your heart, especially since you've got enough experience to know the difference between love and infatuation.

Valentines day would be a lovely time to propose, I think Miss Vicktoria would agree.

Good luck Mr. Mayor, I'm rooting for you!

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 02-03-2008, 04:15 AM

Awww~~

-squishes Mr. Mayor's cheeks-

Cuuuute~

Can I make your cake?

:o
Aaand:

YES.
Ask her to marry you on V-day!
She'd get all anime-eyed and be like 'OMG YEY!'

>>'
I'm pretty sure she'd say yes if you got her a big diamond ring that matches all of her outfits...

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-03-2008, 04:17 AM

Go for it buddy, and if things don't go well I will have tons of tissues for you. :D

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 02-03-2008, 04:22 AM

Have you completely lost your mind?

What is it about Vicky that makes you believe that she is the one to settle down with? Is it that cotton candy hair? *cackle*

Seriously though mayor... if you get on one knee and pop the question on Valentine's Day that would be most appropriate. You know she likes flowers, make sure you have lots of those.

Oh, and have you got a ring? Can we see it or are you saving it for her eyes only?

I gotta tell ya, I would love to see you two get hitched. It would be a beautiful ceremony. I have talked with her before about her ideal wedding when she chose to get married. Pure white dress, pink for the bridesmaids, a bunch of friends, a big celebration, and more.

I just want you to be careful mayor that you aren't rushing in to things.

And you were too seeing someone else. You can deny it all you want, but you were....

javachipster
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-03-2008, 04:24 AM

AWWWW *grins and giggles* yes...it'll be sooo cute! ~hugs teh mayor~ whoa, have u been workin' out?

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-03-2008, 04:26 AM

I hate to be a pessimist Mr. Mayor, but I agree with Channah.

If she's mad at you, I don't think she's going to be in the mood to be embarrassed by a proposal...

I know you're trying to be romantic, but what if the Comedy Romance cliché doesn't work?

I think you should wait till St. Patrick's Day...
Cause...well...Green compliments her hair nicely.

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 02-03-2008, 04:30 AM

give her some flowers

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-03-2008, 04:33 AM

Flowers?
Are they going to swoon her enough to carry her across the threshold?
Not unless they're drugged...
And Mr.Mayor wouldn't sink to that level.
I would...
But I don't think he would.

St Branny
A Tyrant of Roses
Banned

Old 02-03-2008, 04:39 AM

Oh Mayor, you should take me as your bride! xDD <3

Though I am a guy. x.x

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 02-03-2008, 04:40 AM

You people are filling me with hope that I've made the right decision!

But XxRAiNBoWS, I'm not sure that I'd want a girl who only said yes because I gave her a large diamond, that would be rather shallow of her. Vicktoria isn't like that.

I do have a ring. It belonged to my Great Grandmother. She was secretly affianced to my Great Grandfather, her family didn't approve of him, sadly.
He went off to fight in the war on the mainland, and was injured saving the life of another soldier. They were both honorably discharged, and became life long friends afterwards while they recuperated from their injuries.

Now this soldier was a goldsmith by trade, and when my Great Grandfather told him about the girl that he'd left behind. He made him a beautiful engagement ring for her. It has a central, emerald cut diamond, and a heart shaped ruby on either side, with tiny seed pearls nestled at the sides of the hearts. It's a trully beautiful thing, and could only look more beautiful on Vicktoria's fair hand.

St Branny
A Tyrant of Roses
Banned

Old 02-03-2008, 04:43 AM

Good luck!

*Fades away sadly*

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 02-03-2008, 04:46 AM

St. Branny, many, many thanks for the well wishes!

Um, I really don't know what to say to your kind offer though, I do prefer ladies I'm afraid ._.

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 02-03-2008, 04:47 AM

0:
Oooooh!
I think its a brilliant idea to get married Mr. Mayor Sir,
Especially on Valentines Day!
But you guys just had a fight it seems,
Are you sure that it isn't too soon from that event?
Even though she was drunk,
How do you know that you won't get into more fights that are more serious,
If she is one to anger easily like you say?
Marriage is a serious question,
Just make sure you aren't rushing into it.

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 02-03-2008, 04:48 AM

Didn't stop you with Milkshake before... *cackle*

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-03-2008, 04:48 AM

Mr. Mayor, I think proposing to Vicktoria on Valentine's Day is a wonderful idea!

St Branny
A Tyrant of Roses
Banned

Old 02-03-2008, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mayor
St. Branny, many, many thanks for the well wishes!

Um, I really don't know what to say to your kind offer though, I do prefer ladies I'm afraid ._.
Thats alright dear, I'll be at the wedding if she says yes. <33

*Awesome Brides maid Pose* THE FLOWERS WILL BE MINE!!

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 02-03-2008, 04:51 AM

D:
I wasn't there when all that drama went down.
Who is Milkshake, Channah?

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 02-03-2008, 04:55 AM

Eserel, vicktoria and myself have got along wonderfully since New Year, and that fight was caused by a misunderstanding anyway.

Channah is convinced that I was cheating on Vicktoria, but the lady I was visiting is a distant relative, and there was certainly nothing going on between us. She'd had an unpleasant illness and couldn't do a lot of things while she was recovering. So I'd visit her every day and do chores for her, that's all it was.

Milkshake..well *cough* what a friendly young man he was..that was all a bit of fun during the Hallowe'en party though.

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 02-03-2008, 04:58 AM

:3
Well if things are all straightened out and everything is for the better,
I don't see why not.
I wish you good luck fine sir.
-curtsies-

St Branny
A Tyrant of Roses
Banned

Old 02-03-2008, 04:59 AM

*Lurks thread*

Milkshake ain't got nothing on Branny. xD <33

Aero
(・・^...
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Aero

Old 02-03-2008, 05:00 AM

Mr. Mayor, if you are ready to do so, a proposal with Vicktoria would be astounding for her. I believe that she would accept, not because that day would be a love forefilled day for Vicktoria, but because she is a nice and caring beautiful young lady who can't accept an offer of marriage by one who has been with her for such a long time.

I wish you luck with your proposal, Mr. Mayor.

Yotsy
"Nothing Says Lovin' Like Yotsub...
Send a message via AIM to Yotsy Send a message via MSN to Yotsy Send a message via Yahoo to Yotsy

Old 02-03-2008, 05:02 AM

I love the idea of you asking Vicktoria to marry you on Valentines day! It's a wonderful idea.

Though... Won't she see this thread when she comes back? And then know what you have planned?

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 02-03-2008, 05:07 AM

*wanders over by Branny*

You are a pretty boy honey. The Mayor doesn't know what he's missing.

A bit of fun during Halloween. Yea right...