View Poll Results: how nice are you to noobs?
grrr... dumb noob go read a faq 42 18.83%
awww aren't you cute? you look so lost 190 85.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 AM

I had a PCI graphics card I had added to the old computer and this one only has the onboard graphics in it. That might have some effect on how this computer runs when I play games, but this one definitely has a better processor and more memory in it than mine did, so maybe it will run about the same, who knows. I'll find out, hehe. It does mean I'll be online more than I have been, but I still have real life commitments that keep me away so my online time will still be somewhat limited.

I just adore the new CI's and I finally have something my Sash of Chaos actually matches, lol.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 AM

Yay! So it sounds like this one is nicer but doesn't your customization? You'll be able to upgrade this one to and then it will be very nice.

Oh I know I get paid on friday I can't wait until I can buy a set.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 02-02-2009, 07:42 AM

Anna:: Yeah, they're cool too. :3
I just like the Order one best cause of the pink. xD;
I dunno, I like the cloak for the order set, the pink one. o:

Fizzy:: Yay for new computers! ^^

Birdie:: I wish I could buy some IRL. x_x
I'm going to try to talk my mom into it, but she probably won't. Not enough money. xP
But if she can afford it, I'm going to get a set for me and one for Mel. They're really too expensive for me to want to buy in the exchange right now...

Fiziali

Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 AM

I don't know if this computer can be upgraded. I have to find out if there are any slots available for a graphics card. It's an Emachine and the tower is like, soooo small compared to my old one, lol. I can actually set this tower right on top of my desk, hehe.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-02-2009, 08:09 AM

@Kita it's only 10 dollars for the two of you that shouldn't be so bad. lol I'm already obligated to spend 15 even though I'm freaking broke... and I'm going to have to 400 in taxes grrr
Plus I lost my tablet pen somehow... I left in it holder like always but when I came home it wasn't there T.T

@ Fiz awww that sound so cute! I bet you still can it will probably just be really expensive.

`Kitami

Old 02-02-2009, 08:49 AM

Birdie:: Doesn't seem like it but we're kinda living day-to-day right now. I already told her I probably won't be able to do it, so she understands if I can't. ^.^
But maybe my mom will let me have some money, since she's already letting me get some dye for my nana to do my hair I think. A few more dollars doesn't seem like that big of a deal... ._.;;
Oh wow. I don't really understand how taxes work. :sweat: My sister and her husband have already gotten their refund back but I think they got an advance thingy.
Oh damn that sucks! Did the cat lose it? Or are they attached to the holder thing? I've never seen a tablet, so I dunno. And I remember you saying the cat likes to lay on the tablet. Is it replaceable or do you have to buy a whole new tablet? D:

Bound Birdie

Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 AM

*curls up in kita's lap*
Oh I'm sure the cat knocked it off the table and then (hopefully) under the couch... and not to the dog.... or something and well just the pen is like 85 off the website...and the tablets like 100
ummm yeah I thought I understood but for some reason they only took like 20 bucks out of my checks and it only covered about half of it so yeah.... I guess I don't ... so I'm putting off actually submitting them for a while and save my money....
Oh what color are you dying your hair?

`Kitami

Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 AM

-pets Birdie's head- =w=
Oh crap, I hope the dog didn't get it since they cost that much. Jeez.
God, when I have to do these things, I'm just taking them to a tax place....they sound so confusing and I hate math anyway. ;-;
Haha I'm dying it blond I think. Or maybe copper again. I'm going to ask Gab what he thinks next time he's online. I was going to ask him today but I didn't get to talk to him. :drool:

I'm like really tired. Its 3am and I can't keep my eyes open. :D Goodnight Birdie. <3

Bound Birdie

Old 02-02-2009, 09:24 AM

Well I think sometimes those place tax more then it's worth... and usually they aren't that hard I just need to pay attention.
Hmmm it depends on what kind of blond... and how dark you hair is right now.

`Kitami

Old 02-02-2009, 10:59 PM

Sometimes I'm not good at paying attention though...like, at all. >_>
And I wouldn't want to get audited just cause I overlooked something, and made a genuine mistake. o_o;

Blond blond, like really blond, and I wanna put a pink streak in the front. But I can't do the pink thing now. xD
My hair is medium-dark blond/light brown now. My natural color is weird. xD;; It looks different in different lights.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-03-2009, 07:33 AM

I think that would look pretty good. Why can't you do the pink? And being that your hair isn't to dark it wouldn't be so damaging to take it super light. I just have how my hair feels after it's been a bit over bleached....
and yeah if I ever get audited I am fucked.... I never keep anything. But I think it only happens if you always have a ton of deductions. (which are things that take away from your taxes makeing your refund larger)

Fiziali

Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 PM

How many exemptions are you claiming on your W4 form for work? If you are claiming the full amount of deductions (I think it's 4 for a single person), you will end up owing at the end of the year, but your paychecks are larger each month. I always claimed 0 to ensure I would get a large enough refund to go on vacation somewhere. I would advise not claiming more than one exemption though, if you don't want to end up owing at the end of the year. If you're not sure how many exemptions you're claiming, you can ask your employer, and they should be able to tell you. If you want to change it, just ask them for a new W4 form to fill out.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 PM

I think I was only claiming one om my W-4 but now I'm not sure .... that has to be it because I don't have any real deductions but on the form that I was using (1040 ez) I'm able to take a standard deduction which I did. So You say I should claim zero? I know one time I put "exempt" and it totally screwed me at the end of the year. So I know I didn't do that because I only have to pay about half of the taxes i'm obligated to owe

`Kitami

Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 PM

Birdie:: Thanks. I think it'd look cute. I can't do the pink just now cause I can't afford the blond dye and the pink dye. xD
Once, before I dyed my hair copper, the dye lady said my hair was too dark for blond dye. And I was like "What the?" Like what does it need to be blond to dye it blond? lol
But that was when it still had remnants of the black dye in it, cause that crap wouldn't go away. =_= Maybe it made my hair look darker.

I think being told you were going to be audited would be totally scary. o_o Like, I mean, one time I got in trouble for talking in class and my favorite teacher yelled at me and I almost cried. XD Imagine if I got in trouble with the government.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-03-2009, 10:48 PM

It's just that black dye is super hard to remove and always leaves that brassy orange color. But if you use some color remover first it helps a lot. Well once you have it blond you can put the pink in whenever you want! This is the BEST dye ever for bright colors! I think they have it in "flamingo pink" >.<

lol I dunno you have a personal attachment to that teacher. The government is a bunch of evil dildo's you don't know.

Fiziali

Old 02-04-2009, 02:05 PM

If you want a refund, you should claim 0 exemptions on your W4 form. Then claim all the deductions you're eligible to claim on your tax forms when you file your taxes. I would not advise claiming more than 1 exemption on the W4 form, though, even if you're eligible to claim more, because chances are you'll end up owing when you file your taxes then.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 AM

Yeah I checked my w4.... I for some reason claimed 3! So yeah that's the problem .... But I did change it to "0" like you said earlier >.< Thanks for the advice now hopefully I'll be able to take a vacation next year!

Fiziali

Old 02-05-2009, 03:40 AM

Yayy for vacations and refunds, hehe. I'm glad you got that taken care of :)

Bound Birdie

Old 02-05-2009, 04:30 AM

Me to >.< Now I don't have to worry about next year. So being that Russel is getting back quite a bit we are going to file his and it arrives will take my taxes out of it and send mine in lol

Fiziali

Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 AM

Hehe, well, you do what you gotta do ;)

Bound Birdie

Old 02-05-2009, 05:41 AM

indeed it is a bit funny how we are just kind of circling the money around... I'm just glad we will still have some left over for the car... there are so many little things going wrong with it. I hate that about cars

Fiziali

Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 AM

Ugh, tell me about it, lol. What I hate the worst is when you purchase a car, only to have something go wrong right away after you bought it. I had bought a small sports car years ago when my daughter was still just a baby.

I only needed the car to go to and from work, but it broke down the first week I had the car. It seemed like every time I turned around, I had the car in the shop again to fix it, so about two months after I bought it, I got rid of the piece of crap.

A friend of mine from work sold me her old car because she bought a brand new car, and she had only used the old car to go to and from work, about a ten min drive round trip, so even though the car was old, it had low miles and ran great.

She had taken very good care of the car and maintained it well, and she only charged me 2k for it, which was the best investment I had ever made in a car, lol. I had that car for the longest time. Too bad deals like that don't come around more often, hehe.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 AM

No kidding! Being able to buy stuff from friends is great! I hate banks they can be SO shisty. I was thinking about trying to do a rent to own thing through an owner being that overall prices would be SO low but in the end I would need to go to a bank regardless. Hmmm maybe I should try to find a good foreclosed home

Fiziali

Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM

I've never actually purchased a house before, so I don't know how all that works. I guess if you're going to buy one, though, now would be the time to buy, because of the economy being in such bad shape, I imagine homes are at about their lowest values right now.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-05-2009, 08:10 PM

You never bought a house? are you still in an apt or do you rent a house? See I read a rather large article the other night of why its better to rent then to own. While I DO like the the flexibility of renting and the lack of responsibility I hate that you can't change an apartment in any way. Like the closet I have right now only has two bars both high enough to accommodate long dresses which I have about 3 of. So I asked if I could put in a half height bar on one side, effectively almost doubling my closet space. They said I couldn't and when I asked why she said because it say you can't alter anything in the lease, it doesn't matter why or how you go about it. Besides I would HAVE to own a house in order to "flip" it anyway so I thought now would be a good start. But if no one will sell me one then I'm out of luck anyway.
bah. I hate big decisions