Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 12-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Or deproving, as my friends say?;p
Anyway, this is actually most of experience of a friend of mine but.. I don't want to explain about it

Anyway, I wrote almost everything in this poem. I'm no great writer, nor a skilled english professor. I just wrote what came from my heart, to the brain, which flowed through the tip of my pen to the paper. I didn't check the rhymings or anything.

Anyway, here it is, help me to improve it more, tips, suggestions, rates, etc? Thank you very much, love ya guys :3

Forcing My Dreams

From the moment I saw you,
Till today,
I never had a second, a breath, a heartbeat,
even a dream, without you.

I know you are just,
a hired driver,
And though you don't see me,
Not a glance, I fell for you.

I might never see you again,
And you might never see me,
But yet I can see your yellow eyes,
floating in my head.

I focus on you,
Even when I'm going to bed,
So that I can dream of you,
Every single night.

But now its long since I every saw you,
and your face is fading day by day,
But I hope with everything in the world,
when you fade from my memory,
That you'll leave a burn on my heart,
Even if it hurts.

Last edited by Lexadis; 08-21-2011 at 12:34 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-11-2011, 12:10 AM

It isn't a bad poem. However, I tend to find that a first or even a third draft is never quite perfect, that anything can be improved upon, so I'll do my best to make a few suggestions.

To begin with, you do a lot of telling. There is little left to the imagination and, as a result, little left to feel and interpret. Granted, not everything needs to be difficult to figure out. What a poem does need, however, is feeling. From what you've said, from the subject in question, there is clearly an abundance of feeling involved, yet just reading about it doesn't do it for me, and so it is for most readers. Instead you need to come up with more evocative ways, don't explain going to bed each night with his image in your mind, longing to see him, use words that convey the feelings, the experience.

Also, as you begin with "from the moment I saw you" the next line "till today" becomes redundant, as you have yet to give any indication that a cutoff time is needed and the rest of the poem explains that what is to follow is still very much true to this day. This is one of those instances where you spend time with additional telling.

You also need not necessarily mention that the speaker has fallen for the hired driver, as it should become obvious in the language of the poem itself and in the actions the speaker takes to keep him fixed in her mind.

As for the question asked by this thread, whether or not you're improving, it's impossible to tell given that you've only left a single recent sample and nothing earlier with which it might be compared.