Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2016, 04:44 PM

Name: Shail
Appearance:

He has well kept but longish-short black hair, jade eyes, and medium tanned skin. He's thin, almost to the point of looking frail and of average height.
Personality: Smart, calculating, but very stubborn and a little prideful. He's a skeptic and always on the outside even among friends, half by force, half by design. It's very hard to see the side of him that knows how to fear.
Bio: He's from an average place in society, but was sickly as a child. It's something akin to chronic bronchitis or asthma. He has trouble with dust and smoke, but it's gotten better as he aged so that he can run around with the other boys now.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-15-2017 at 01:39 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-07-2016, 04:00 AM

Name: Gemini
Appearance:

Gemini is a djinn with startling, snow white hair that she generally keeps hidden and glowing amber eyes. She has lived for centuries as a guardian of the land where she was born. Naturally, when a small village sprang up in her territory, she had to make sure the humans knew their place, so she spent many gleeful years causing them trouble and frightening them. She is mischievous and fun-loving, with a hot temper and powerful magic. She acts tough, but deep down she's lonely, though she doesn't even realize it yet.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2016, 05:50 PM

The truth? Shail didn't believe a djinn really lived in the caves outside of their village. Such a thing wouldn't make sense in their small world deep in the desert sands, living off a small oasis that gave them water. Long ago, a great sea might have covered the land, leaving canyons and strange outcroppings of rocks normally buried under layers of sand. But toward the east, where legend forbid all to go, lay a series of winding caves cut out by that long gone sea and brushed over with sand.

Shail tightened the cloth over his mouth despite the slight breeze that stirred very little sand into the air. He kept his mouth tightly shut, ignoring the chatter around him.

"Hey, it's just past this hill I think!" one boy exclaimed and another snickered.

"Man, those old goats probably mistook a mirage for some magical being. They can't see shit anyway!" Three more boys burst out in open laughter.

"No way, there's something there, I tell you!" the youngest of their group exclaimed, catching up to the older boys with a bouncing step. "There was smoke and everything! A-and, it was awful! The thing stole my sandal"

Finally, their leader, Fairuz, silenced them all with a hand. They'd come to the top of the hill, Shail keeping up the tail with his slow and steady pace. Sometimes, he didn't know why he followed these boys, but there were something of friends to him. He found the game they played stupid and yet, the caves also made him curious just a bit. He got caught up in their enthusiasm and went along, all to terrorize the djinn that may or may not live in the forbidden caves. Because really, what could go wrong?

"There it is. My great uncle said it's the third cave over. Let's go, boys, because no one messes with any of us." He turned to face them all for a second. "I mean, unless you're too chicken!" Fairuz smirked before leading the charge down and Shail found himself in the middle of the mob of six boys doing the exact opposite of what their parents told them to.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-09-2016, 03:13 AM

One week. It had been exactly seven days since the last time a villager had come snooping around. Gemini reflected on this as she tossed the boy's sandal into the air and caught it again. She was bored, as usual, and the boy from the week before had only brought a few moments of entertainment. It's about time something fun happened. She thought to herself as she discarded the sandal. Standing up, she stretched and stepped outside of her main cave.

Gemini inhabited the entire cave system, which allowed her to travel all over her territory, though she mainly stayed in the largest one. The small village to the west of the caves lay just inside her vast territory, and had been her play toy since it had sprung up a few hundred years before. Sometimes she would visit just to stir up trouble, but more often than not the villagers came to her. They had legends about her, most of which painted her as some kind of gigantic beast. The tales ranged from hilariously embellished to surprisingly accurate, but all of them got one thing wrong: they all told that the djinn was male. Gemini did nothing to dispel that myth, as it served her well enough. The village youth always came of their own accord, against the wishes of their elders, trying to prove or disprove the myths.

Ah...right on time. The djinn smiled to herself as she watched several misguided youths crest a hill of sand to the west. She wondered what kinds of tricks they would try this time, and how many of them would wet themselves when she gave them proof of her power. It was hard to tell their ages from this distance, but they were most certainly all male. Good, young boys were always more fun to break down. Taking a breath, Gemini became the wind and settled, waiting for play time to begin.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2016, 01:50 AM

Fairuz crept toward the cave, his pace growing slower and more cautious the closer their group got. Shail found it hypocritical since the older male said he wasn't afraid of anything. They were all idiots, but from time to time, he didn't mind it. He too felt a strange drive to go where he'd been told not to. In the open space between the cave and hill, he felt a wind pick up as if in warning. Shail looking to the sky, but he seemed to be the only one distracted by it. Then, he was more sensitive than most to a sandstorm's bite.

"Hey you stupid monster! We aren't afraid of you!" Fairuz yelled some three feet away from the cave's entrance. When nothing immediately happened, he grinned with confidence and waved the other boys up with him. He pulled a rock from the inner folds of his clothes and tossed it in. "Don't you know the time of magic is over already! Humans aren't some ants anymore. We won't be beat!" Or at least, he seemed to think he wouldn't.

Shail found himself throwing rocks with the rest of them before Fairuz dashed into the cave himself, laughing like a madman.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-10-2016, 03:01 AM

Gemini was impressed. This particular group of young men seemed to be even bolder- and dumber- than most. Only one of them noticed the change in the wind, and even he got caught up in the action of the other boys. Had she possessed a physical form at the time, she would have laughed at the sight of several young men throwing rocks into an empty cave. As it was, all she could do was stir up a light, playful breeze as proof of her amusement. It's not even the right cave! She thought gleefully. These would be so fun to play with.

To begin with, she flowed gently into the cave the boys had chosen and picked up the rocks they had thrown. With very little effort, she tossed the rocks back out of the cave, aiming each one exactly for the boy who threw it. Soon a volley of stones was flying out of the cave and pelting the boys, accompanied by the faintest sound of music on the wind.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-11-2016, 05:06 AM

They'd just started to throw rocks with vigor when one soared back and hit Fairuz in the face. He stumbled with a cry, but he already half disappeared into the cave's darkness by then.

"What was that...ah-!" came the voice of the boy on Shail's right. A rock careened off the younger boy's shoulder, almost bouncing into him. He twisted, seeing the same thing happen all around him. He raised an arm just in time to block the sting of another rock, no doubt one he threw. Did the thing in the cave throw it back? But no such creature could exist, not like the thing in legends. He grit his teeth, stubbornness refusing even this evidence.

"N-no way guys. We should get out of here," Another boy stammered. He'd dropped his rock and the youngest of them already backed up many steps, looking around with wild eyes. They were the idiots though weren't they? Since for a while now, they couldn't see Fairuz fully in the dark.

Without a second of hesitation, Shail charged into the cave after the other boy. No wind could laugh like that. Sand danced only by nature's will, and the only one that could throw rocks was the trouble making village leader's son who half hid in the dark! Eyes casting about, he looked for his proof. Fairuz stood there, his stunned eyes straight ahead.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-12-2016, 04:55 AM

Gemini nearly squealed with delight at the reactions she got. She had only just started! As she continued to throw rocks, one of the boys- apparently the leader of the group- stumbled into the cave. Knowing she couldn't let this golden opportunity slip by, she quickly solidified into a more corporeal form. However, she didn't take her preferred feminine form. Rather, she decided on a body that this boy would accept more...and fear more. This new body was large, about the size of a small elephant, and took the shape of a ghastly shadow wolf. It's fangs were razor sharp, it's claws like knives, and it had white, bone-like protrusions all over it's body.

Settling quickly into this new form, she reared onto her hind legs and looked at the boy with blazing red eyes. It didn't take long for him to notice her. To her disappointment, he did not scream when he saw her, but he did freeze in place with obvious fear. She bared her inch-long fangs at him and was about to let loose a ferocious roar when another boy ran into the cave, looking angry. Another perfect chance! She almost couldn't believe her luck. This boy was handsome, probably one of the best looking humans she had seen in a long time, and by the look on his face he clearly believed the other boy to be responsible to the thrown rocks. He would be fun to scare. She flexed her claws, dropped to all fours and roared at them.

Last edited by ~Wild Spirit Wolf~; 02-12-2016 at 05:01 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 06:19 PM

Only then did Fairuz scream, his voice shrill with fear. His voice mixed with the beast's roar and Shail found himself frozen. His plans to shove Fairuz again a wall evaporated the second he saw the wolf creature. No. It wasn't possible. The voice in his head kept repeating that, refusing to believe the sight before him. Without even noticing, he stumbled back a few steps.

Suddenly, Fairuz took off running past him. "Let's get out of here!!" the boy screamed at the top of his lungs. The other boys outside looked up from their various angry and cowering positions to see their leader, mouth agape and tears leaking from his eyes. This wasn't possible though. No, what was this thing? Shail finally turned and took off after his friends. His heart beat wildly, making his lungs scream for air. He could already feel a cough coming on, but he needed to get away first. The others weren't looking back so with a spurt of speed, he escaped the cave and tried to catch up to the fleeing boys.

"Fairuz, wait! Reshad! Madi?" But no one slowed their pace.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-13-2016, 04:20 AM

Gemini took sheer delight in the scream that her roar elicited from the boy. In the blink of an eye, the boy was off and running, screaming for his friends to leave. The other boy, though, seemed to have frozen in place. Just as she took a step towards him, he came to his senses and ran. Her laugh came out a deadly growl, and she chased him down. He was calling for his friends, but they were far ahead. Gemini felt the pang of a foreign emotion somewhere deep down, but ignored it. In that moment, she made a snap decision- one that would change everything.

As she bore down on the poor, frightened young man, she changed forms once again. She became the sand, and swirled up around him, trapping him in a vortex. Channeling some of her energy, she made a voice for herself. "They are wonderful friends, aren't they?" Though the voice didn't sound either male or female, it definitely carried a heavy dose of sarcasm. "You, I think, will stay with me for a while." Now the voice laughed. "If they want you back, they can come get you themselves."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 03:04 AM

Shail had almost caught up with his friends, or the tail end of the group anyway when a vortex of sand swirled up around him. One hand pressed over his face covering, he fell to a knee, his eyes watering. No. Why did none of them stop, not even the kindest, most loyal of them? Was he still so invisible to these so called friends? Once upon a time, he was invisible to almost all.

Struggling for breath, he didn't bother responding to the voice in the wind. Sand stung his face even if most of it swirled around him. Bits even got through his fingers, tickling his throat when he breathed them in. Damn it. If he hadn't been born this way, he might be running up there with the other boys. It was his faulty lungs that brought this on. One of his hands stretched out just as his 'friends' disappeared from sight. Then, he started to cough.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-14-2016, 04:22 AM

Something was wrong. As Gemini watched the boy she had trapped, she realized she wasn't going to get the reaction she had expected from him. There was fear, but not the kind she wanted. She couldn't read human emotions well- the only one she knew was fear- so she didn't understand why he wasn't answering her. Then he started coughing, and she understood, at least partly. A scene flashed in her mind: a child, a sickbed, a horrible cough. She shook the image away. This boy had weak lungs, she realized. Well, that's no fun. She thought, allowing the sand to drop. She didn't want her new toy to break so soon.

Taking the shape of a desert fox, she slunk up next to him. "Perhaps I will not keep you here." It was the same voice as before, though it was strange to hear it coming from an animal who was clearly incapable of human speech. "I will let you go, human. But in return, you must send the other one back to me. The boy who came into the cave first. I will allow your village one day, and if he is not delivered to me, I will come to them." This plan was better, she decided. She would either get a new toy that was healthy, or she would get to terrorize the village in a way she normally couldn't.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 04:32 AM

Shail was used to this. He had these lungs, this cough, since childhood. He couldn't even remember a time without it. He should have never thought he put it behind him. But still, he knew how to deal with it by now, forcing his breathing into some kind of control by sheer mind power. It wouldn't last, but it offered him a chance to respond to the fox he'd fixed in his line of sight.

"I refuse." Two simple words, but even behind his struggling breath, he managed to sound defiant. Once again, Shail lowered his gaze, focusing on his body once again. He didn't mind if he had to stay with a monster like this since he got caught by his own failures. It wasn't loyalty to the others that drove him, but an entirely different kind of stubbornness. It was simply because the being asked it that he said no.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-15-2016, 07:07 AM

Gemini paused, slightly confused. No? He was saying no to her offer? It didn't make sense. Humans were selfish creatures. She had never met one who wouldn't trade another life to save their own. But this boy seemed determined for some reason. She found herself looking at him differently, not as a toy this time but as a living creature. Interesting...he could be fun to keep around, after all. She mused. Perhaps she could learn what made him different from the other humans she had dealt with.

Making up her mind, she sat on her haunches and looked up at the human. "You refuse. Very well then, if that is what you wish, I will keep you. But do not try to escape me later, or you and your village will suffer." She told him. Even as a fox, her eyes burned in warning. After another moment of staring, she stood. "Come. I will show you your new home." She said, turning towards the caves. She half expected him to run away- not that it would do him any good if he tried.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 08:01 PM

Shail wouldn't promise what the fox asked, but he didn't refuse it now either. Without a doubt, he would try to escape later, but he'd do it smartly, acting only when sure he could pull it off. Even if others had to suffer, he would act his own way. A pang broke though his thoughts so that he was forced to stop lest the emotion grow stronger whether it was guilt or hurt bothering him.

After a second, Shail stood to follow the creature into its own cave. He wavered a bit, like even a gust of wind might blow him over. He did not however turn over his shoulder. Even if his thoughts returned to his home there, he didn't show it on his face. Instead, he blinked his eyes clear from the remains of his coughing fit and walked to the cave.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-16-2016, 03:01 AM

Once Gemini was sure the human was following her, she led him into her main cave- three over to the left of the one the boys had been throwing rocks into. She felt better as soon as she walked inside. To her, this place was home...at least, the only home she could remember. The cave was split into sections, with the entrance looking like a regular cave- large, drafty and dark. But at the very back there was an opening just large enough for a single human to fit through. Gemini led the boy through this opening.

On the other side, it was like another world. Though it was still a cave, it was enormous. The stone floor was covered with rugs and pillows, and the walls were draped in silk, giving it a comfortable, luxurious feeling. There were tapestries here and there, adding more color to the already jewel-like room, and candles hung suspended magically in midair near the ceiling to shed warm light- and to throw shadows in deep alcoves that spoke of privacy. The air smelled faintly of perfume. Once she was well into the cave, Gemini changed into her preferred human form, finally revealing herself to the human as female. Turning to look at him, she gestured around. "Welcome home. I sleep over there." She pointed to a pile of blankets and pillows in a dark corner. "You may sleep here." She pointed to an alcove that was sheltered from the rest of the cave, much like a room. It was comfortably roomy inside and had the same feel as the rest of the cave, with another pile of blankets and pillows to sleep on.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-16-2016, 04:17 AM

Shail followed with his face carefully clear of emotions. Though he felt somewhat anxious over his fate, he faced death before and this was one he could fight. It helped him force any fear he wanted to feel back into the recesses of his heart. Once they stepped through the small opening though, he froze. For second, he just stood there staring at room that was far more luxurious than anything he'd even glimpsed before. He knew he wasn't poor. He'd even looked through the windows into the homes of the rich, seen important men and women pass through the streets in their caravans with silk and fine fabrics draped over them. This was something else entirely.

When the djinn took her true form though, he finally wretched his gaze away from the room. Shail blinked stupidly. This was the monster? No, even if her form was a beautiful woman, or a fox, or the sand, it didn't matter. She was still the monster of their legends. Now that he'd seen it with his own eyes, he didn't resist the idea in the least. The legends were true.

"Fine, but it's not home," he muttered before slinking away to the alcove. He'd tired himself out with today and gladly dropped to the pillows. Later he could think about how to manipulate this situation to his benefit. For now, he would just sleep.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-16-2016, 05:11 AM

Gemini watched the boy's expression carefully, waiting to see how he would react to her home. She knew it was extravagant by human standards, but everything there had been collected over hundreds of years. For some reason, she was a little disappointed that he wasn't impressed, or angry or...anything, really. She had at least expected some reaction to her true form, but he seemed determined not to show any emotion whatsoever. He really is quite odd for a human. She thought as he walked to his "room."

"Wait." She commanded, following him. "I will let you sleep, but first I would know your name. We will be together for a long time, so we should at least know how to address each other." She said. She knew, without thinking about it, that he would try to run away. It was human nature to defy, to rail against anything more powerful. He would run, and he may even succeed, and she wouldn't try to stop him. Because they both knew he would never be free of her. He belonged to her now, so she figured she may as well learn his name.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-17-2016, 12:45 AM

Shail forced himself to turn back toward the djinn woman though he already felt the draw of sleep just from laying down. How could blankets ever feel this soft? For a second, he just regarded her. He should give his name. There was no reason not to and yet...a part of him still resisted. A name had power and giving it so freely meant he accepted this fate. A stubborn person like him couldn't do that. He would not get close to her or let her get close to him. Turning his back fully again, he forced himself not to tremble. Resisting a creature of this magnitude, how could he not fear? But he couldn't stop his mouth either and couldn't let it show.

"I refuse."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-17-2016, 03:56 AM

For a moment, Gemini thought the boy might answer her. However, she wasn't entirely surprised when he refused instead. "Funny...so far, I have only heard you speak those two words. I'm beginning to wonder of you can't say anything else." She shrugged. "Well, it's your choice either way. If you decide to tell me your name, then I will tell you mine." This was a risk, as names were powerful, but for some reason she wanted to show this human that she trusted him. "I'll let you sleep now." She said, and walked away, leaving a slight breeze and the scent of perfume in her wake.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-17-2016, 04:25 AM

Shail's entire body relaxed as the djinn walked away. He'd been so on edge, barely forcing himself to breathe in her presence. And then all at once, the tension came out in a breath, leaving him feeling like water. Maybe, he wouldn't mind knowing her name though. Sleep called to him and he found himself drifting before he could think more about his situation. Even if he felt terror at it all, it didn't stop him from shutting his eyes. Tomorrow, he just had to keep refusing, and the day after that, and the day after that until he finally got out of here.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-17-2016, 05:53 AM

Gemini left the human to sleep, and walked slowly around her cave. She treasured each belonging, as she had spent her whole existence collecting them in an effort to make a comfortable home for herself. She gently touched each tapestry as she passed it; every one showed a scene from a different part of the world. Finally, she came around to her favorite tapestry, which hung above her bed.

It was old- probably as old as her, though she didn't know for sure- but very well preserved. It depicted a stunning scene: a high, jagged cliff overlooking the ocean. The sea churned below, and a wave crashed magnificently against the cliff, spraying foam high into the air. The sky above was dark with storm clouds, but one single ray of sunlight fell to illuminate a figure on the cliff.

The figure was human shaped, though it's gender was indiscernible. It wore no clothing, but had no breasts or genitals to cover. It's wild, shoulder-length white hair covered it's features, masking it's face. The figure was kneeling with it's head down and both hands clasped over it's heart. The most captivating thing about it, however, were the pure white wings that sprouted from it's back, each one as wide as the figure was tall.

Gemini wasn't sure why this was her favorite, but it had always filled her with a nameless emotion. Sitting down on her sheets and pillows, she stared at the tapestry, taking in the scene she had examined hundreds of times. She knew it so well that she could close her eyes and still recall every detail. Smiling lightly, she relaxed and fell into a half-sleep, lulled by the soft whisper of wind from outside the cave.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-18-2016, 12:48 AM

The fitful sleep Shail fell into left him turning and twisting among the blankets until he lay on the hard floor with all the pillows pressed against his back instead. He didn't notice it anyway. Dreams passed through his mind, not sinking in. By the time he woke hours later, they'd already wisped away, leaving no memory behind. Inside a cave like this, he couldn't tell the time when he woke. He guessed a full darkness had set outside with morning still many hours away.

For a minute, he just lay there listening and breathing. The djinn didn't appear to be nearby so he shuffled until he could look into the main portion of the cave. He found her sleeping on her own bed and Shail relaxed immediately. Without her watchful gaze, he could act a little more like himself. He didn't need to be stubborn so he found himself wandering. He looked at the tapestries with interest, touched the fine silk materials, and admired every object he could find. A part of him looked for a plan, but the grandeur distracted him.

How could candles hang like that? Just where did all these riches come from? Just why keep him in the first place? It was illogical on every level. Surely she didn't trust him to stay. Standing in the middle of the room, he stared at the ceiling, lost in his conundrum. If he thought it would be that easy, he'd walk out right now.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-18-2016, 03:17 AM

Despite wanting to stay awake so she could keep an eye on the human, Gemini fell asleep rather quickly. She had a familiar dream- a child, a sickbed, a terrible cough, a dog and a tiny cottage- that troubled her mind even as she slept. At some point, she noticed that the dog's barking sounded a lot like shuffling feet. She started to become aware of her surroundings, and realized that she was laying in her cave.

The sounds she was hearing were startling at first, because she was so used to solitude, but she quickly identified the footsteps of the human on the cave floor. Sensing a more relaxed feel about him, Gemini decided to lay still and feign sleep. She kept her eyes closed, but was able to tell what he was doing by sound alone. She wondered if he would try to escape then, or if he would be smart and bide his time. Soon she heard him come to a stop, and she almost stopped breathing she was listening so hard. What would he do? For some reason, she was intensely interested in this human's behavior.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-18-2016, 03:45 AM

For some reason he couldn't fathom, Shail found himself crouching near the djinn though he kept a good number of feet between them. It was enough to inspect her though. He still felt troubled, but he understood that she was the reason for it. He didn't know her. He didn't even know if this was her true form, though he guessed it was. Her hair was an unnatural light color though and he almost wanted to touch it.

Abruptly, he stood and stepped away, glancing to the cave entrance before looking back at her. "...Would you really tell me you name...?" he murmured to himself, absolutely mystified by the idea. He didn't expect an answer, but in the silent cave, he couldn't help but speak.