Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-20-2007, 03:58 PM

*dances through*

No shootings! XD Whenever you get to it is fine.

Now, where to set this RP... hmmmm

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-21-2007, 05:45 AM

I'm sorry that it takes such a ridiculous ammount of time. My art stuff is on the family computer which my mom is busy using looking for holiday gifts ;o;
I wish I had my stuff on the computer in my room, but it doesn't have the art program I use.

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-27-2007, 04:25 PM

My stupid characters are silent! I'm in the mood to write for them too, but nothing will come out. XD

Oh well. *sprinkles love on thread*

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-18-2007, 09:12 PM

*BUSTS through the double posting rule because it's been 3 weeks and I want some ak-shun* :!:

Tavin and Harry will soon be meeting and they have assured me it will be adorable.

-k-illin.ur.sanity
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2007, 10:42 AM

I want one but I don't have enough gold =[

But good lucks!

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-23-2007, 08:09 PM

Update-

Well, things have gotten silent here to say the least.
Life has been busy, busy, busy and you know how it is. When you are procrastinating over the important RL stuff everything else gets pushed aside.

My chemical imblanace has been acting up as of late and I've been having soem very severe fits of anxiety and paranoia. God. I'm finally stable and doing well, though I must admit that my sanity is questionable, but I've come to the conlusion that life is devoid of any real sanity.

I didn't want to force any rules on you guys that I wasn't following myself. I'll get myslef caught up before the vacation ends. I'm also going to play as a new charector. I feel that Becca and Sae are better suited as NPCs and that I need a charector I can explore more with. Someone I can actually relate too.
So be on the lookout for him soon!

I'll post a sample of where my art is at now so you guys can see how I improved or how I haven't.

The journal rules will be reinstated on the 8th. Make sure to start posting again before then.

And have a Merry Pagan holiday <3

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 PM

*hides in Sanctuary's hair* <3

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 PM

-Can't find Smerdle-

Darn all this hair!

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2007, 11:09 AM

ooh I can;t wait to see what your art is like now

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-01-2008, 12:02 AM

Hopefully it will look better now x3

I know my sketches have improved at least.

I really need to find an art program. -ponders-
I tried open canvas but I can't figure out how to use transperency or if there is even an option.

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-04-2008, 12:38 AM

A preview for you guys.

Here is the uninked sketch. I'm going to attempt to ink it on open canvas so I had to upload it to put it on my other computer that has open canvas so I figure I'd show it to you guys.

I hope I'll succeed in inking it. Cross you fingers.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...er/injured.png

edit-

well, here is the finished lineart.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...redlineart.jpg
It's a bit time-consuming and my lines aren't great because I've never done anything like this before, but I think it's a big improvement. Hopefully, the colored version will be as well.

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-04-2008, 04:54 AM

Okay, it's done.

I don't think I've worked so long straight on m art before. Normally, I wouldn't have been allowed to but my family is off on vacation.

Normally I would display the picture here, but I feel I should link it instead. The picture contains blood, bruises and may hint at themes that disturb certain individuals. His name is Marr. He's one of the most developed characters I've ever had. He starts at his story at a point months after my initial roleplay. His life is violent, but it shouldn't be too much for most people because I won't go into grotesque detail.

He's the newest parent. Someone who needs to heal both physically and mentally.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...edline2art.jpg

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-04-2008, 09:03 PM

Yay! I've been super busy and neglecting Mene and now I come back to art!

Very nice picture, Sanctuary! <3

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 PM

Nice to see you again Smerdle ^^

I think I'm improving though rather slowly.
Does it look better inked or are the lines too thick? I know it's cleaner at least. I think his face is the only bit I'm that happy with. He looks pretty good to me overall, but his hair is terrible V-V

There is so much more that I want to be able to do that I can't figure out how to just yet.

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-09-2008, 11:20 PM

I like him inked and colored. *nods*

*flaps away again*

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-25-2008, 06:49 PM

brain is melty will update with mah family soon

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 AM

Blaargh. Finals were hell. I've been cramming for weeks, but at least they are finally over. A lot of time has passed and I don't really remember what is on my to do list anymore. If you have someting that needs to be done, please tell me so I can accomplish it as soon as possible. ^^

I consistently trying to get to that next level with my art, even when I'm not here, so I hope the fruits of my labor will eventually be pleasing.

My DA I just set up awhile ago is MythThatIsSanity. It only has the drawing I posted here right now, but I'll hopefully get more stuff soon so you guys can see stuff I work on outside of mene.

What you might not know is that I'm really into realism but draw everything that I scan into the computer to color, stylized ^^

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-07-2008, 05:21 PM

I would like to get on the toddler train, but I also feel I should make another post. Still, how would I submit a growth form if I was ready? XD

*hugs Sanctuary and goes to check out her DA* <3

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-11-2008, 04:58 AM

[b I neeeed to put something more on my DA. I thought I would, but my drawings haven't come out right when I've tried for that purpose. I should probably just scan some of my stuff out of my sketchbook -nods-

Growth would work pretty much the same as the last. I just need to have an idea about what his personality, clothing, and potnetial other items could be like. If you'd like me to start it before you are sare that you done rping the baby stage, that would be perfectly fine. That way, I should have the art done when you're ready. ^^ I can't wait to get back into art for this shop <3 [/b]

Fae
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2008, 02:01 AM

Wow, I only just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say how impressed with it I am. I'd love to get in on the action myself but I think I need to save up some more gold first-especily since I really would like to try for the twins..

By the way are you in anyway associated with the similar agency over on Gaia?

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-31-2008, 05:44 AM

Impressed? -dumbfounded-

I'm not a good artist and I haven't been a very good shopkeeper.

I'm not affiliated with Gaia's one, but I've heard of it. It was mentioned in this thread a long while back, actually.

I wouldn't worry too much about saving up right now. I'd love to have some more people and some activity here. It means much more to me than gold does. I'm sure I'll have some free opurtunities soon for people with good writing/ideas and interest.

I'm happy that you like it here. I love to hear it and you are more than welcome here.

Fae
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 PM

Now I think your selling yourself short there Sanctuary- your art is wonderful!

I realy hope I'm able to get myself one.Infact it's just what I needed,since I lost my Sims CD and have been really missing it.I think this is right up my alley.So if you don't mind I think I may hang around this thread a bit,and try to get some other people interested too.

Oh and can't wait until you do some free ones-I'll be first in line!

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 11:37 PM

*snugs Sanctuary and new Fae-face* <3

I'm still around, I've just been feeling icky and overworked and my muses have fled to a hidden part of my brain. I hope to shake them back into working order soon.

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-11-2008, 09:20 PM

Suprise!

I meant to finish this before I left for Virginia during Spring vacation (which I had this week), but no such luck.

I needed to practice and refine my art and determine how I've grown and where I'll be at when it comes to art for this thread.

I decided on Smerdle's baby because I was deeply pleased with how the original came out and thought it would be the most effective comparison. I hope you are all as pleased as I am! There are some things I'd still like to do different next time, but overall, I'm happy with my progress.

And, I haven't done your cert yet smerdle, so you can choose whichever version you want to be on it ^^

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2008, 12:37 AM

He's adorable!! And I am very pleased! eee! <3

Thank you so much, Sanctuary! I think I would like this new Harry on his cert! I can't stop using exclamation points!

!!!

*hugs* I've got to start writing all the posts I had planned this weekend.