Briar Rose
Professional Procrastinator
Send a message via MSN to Briar Rose

Old 11-09-2009, 06:13 PM

Oh that sounds very good indeed...Haha, I have Oatmeal Raisen Cookies, Orange Juice, a left over Subway Sandwich, and a Pizza Lunchables at my disposal...Considering eating it all...XD I just realized I didn't eat anything at all yesterday 0.o

I do that a lot. My body forgets to tell me it's hungry >.<"

Kristal
Next time i'm beating him for a ...

Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 AM

I understand that but latly i have been eating everything in site. egh... need to stop lol... butts getting bigger lol.

Briar Rose

Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 AM

Lol I've been doing that too. But luckily I have a very strong matabolism and I stay at 116 pounds no matter what xD

So at 5' 9", I'm a stick with hips and boobs XD

Kristal

Old 11-10-2009, 12:09 AM

lol well thats good. i have to work out to stay thin and i've been slacking latly so its creeping back but usually once i work out again it all disappears.

Briar Rose

Old 11-10-2009, 12:22 AM

Lol that's awesome! I usually walk to work, so I wonder if I stopped....Yikes, better not go there xD

Kristal

Old 11-10-2009, 12:23 AM

lol yeah i couldnt do that because its all highway and 30 mins away from my house. so not an option lol.

Briar Rose

Old 11-10-2009, 08:09 PM

Lol wow. Well I live on a little rock of an island waaaay up in Washington by Canada, so my house is literally half a mile to my work, lol. Takes like, 5-7 minutes to walk there xD

Kristal

Old 11-11-2009, 01:49 AM

wow not to bad for you. that's pretty far up north too. lol I'm living in Texas right now, use to live in st. Louis, mo. but i love that the temperature are still in the 80's and 90's down here around this time. its amazing. up in st. Louis its freezing and I'm sure where you live its even worse but your use to that i would imagine.

Darkeyes
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Darkeyes

Old 11-12-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
little rock of an island
Bet it's still bigger than Rhode Island..

Quote:
living in Texas
Where at? I'm just by Louisiana at the moment, though I have friends and family scattered around the other side of Houston.

I have to say, I approve of the culinary tone this thread has taken. ^_^

It sucks being allergic to things you love :(
It sucks even worse being allergic to things that are copiously spread about, airborne, and can kill you through asthmatic developments.

SouLSuRv1vER
Menewsha's Devil
Send a message via AIM to SouLSuRv1vER

Old 11-12-2009, 11:55 PM

Hey everyone :D

Kristal

Old 11-13-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Where at? I'm just by Louisiana at the moment, though I have friends and family scattered around the other side of Houston.
I'm living in burkburnett right now, its 30 minutes north of Wichita falls and thats and 2.5 hrs away from dallas/ fort worth.

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 11-13-2009, 01:05 AM

Laughing Leprechaun Lottery
Special Loot the Leprechaun Edition
Bonus Contest #1: Leprechaun's Pot of Trivia Questions

Duration: Until 11 questions have been answered by a participant

It is important that you read the rules! Also, the rules section contains methods for earning additional prizes!

Lets see if this doesn't liven things up~

:vicky:Prizes:
  • All participants gain 1 bonus ticket per 2 correct answers (answering 11 questions counts for an additional +3 bonus tickets, to a total of 8).
  • All participants that have purchased tickets in the lottery previous to this event additionally gain 3 tickets per correct answer to an upcoming bonus lottery drawing (tickets for which can only be earned through bonus contests).
  • Anyone that maintains and contributes to the ongoing conversation in every single one of their posts will gain an additional 2 bonus tickets.
  • Finally, the participant to correctly answer all 11 questions first gains an additional prize (value dependent on participation, so get more people involved)!

:mrmayor:Rules:
  • You may post as many posts as you wish (following general posting guidelines such as no double-posting).
  • Each post may contain no more than two answered questions.
  • Answering incorrectly incurs no penalty, however editing of any post disqualifies that post in entirety.
  • No question will give credit more than once- whoever correctly answers a question first is the only one who gets credit for doing so. Once a question is correctly answered, and until a total of 11 questions have been correctly answered by a single participant, replacement questions will be provided for each 'slot'- IE, if question number #1 is correctly answered, a new question #1 will be created as a replacement.
  • No participant may answer the same numbered question more than once. (IE, if you correctly answer question #4 you may not guess at question #4 again, even though the 'slot' has been replaced by a new trivia question).
  • Participants may PM me possible replacement questions for those they have answered. Should their question be picked as a replacement, they will gain 1 bonus ticket for the special upcoming bonus lottery (see Prizes section) and 10g per question selected. The participant to provide the most chosen questions will gain an additional 5 special tickets or 2 main lottery bonus tickets, as they choose.
  • Each answer must include the number and question relating to that answer to be counted.

:yumeh1: The Trivia:
  • 1: This biblical figure waited for God's judgment on the nearby city- declared prior and mercifully revoked once the denizens showed their penance- under a plant that, while he waited, was grown by God.
  • 2: Sen. Barbara Boxer was heatedly accused of being what grammatically-dubious term?
  • 3: Name the actor that was close friends with a relatively famous actor, the latter being only really made famous upon his death. The actor is most renowned for previously starring alongside his now-deceased friend in a film of an unusual topic, as well as his starring role in a 2001 cult favorite.
  • 4: The name of the 'syndrome' that explains Roxanne's disappearance at the end of the movie in which she starred alongside Max. (Not related directly to the movie)
  • 5: Name this 1990s darkly-toned TV series that was named after the mythical creatures that it starred.
  • 6: This well aged and well received- though rather poorly known- video game starred, as playable characters, a pair of twins, a dog, and a robot. The game was noted for having a cooperative mode, as well as the inclusion of an extensive mix of gaming genres. The name of the game- depending on localization- emphasized the nature of the characters or the equipment they used.
  • 7: This TV persona ironically- or perhaps understandably- died from diabetes after more than a decade of starring in advertisements for a particular donut chain.
  • 8: Perhaps he should have used this herb, not only known for its assistance as an anti-diabetes herbal medicine, but also for assisting in lactation, as well as serving as an ingredient in both spicy and sweet dishes. The herb is also favored for its tea as well as for its seeds, eaten plain.
  • 9: Currently serving as an advertising mascot for a popular candy bar in which his evil twin is the antagonist, this actor, along with many other successes, previously starred as a werewolf in a long-running tv series.
  • 10: WHAT! Is your favorite colour? According to Malory, what is the proper name of this errant- and by Monty Python interpretation highly impressive- knight?
  • 11: What common consumer product can cause death by consuming 60mg of its primary substance (about 5 doses of the object), can cause death in infants simply by consumption of a single dose of the object, and can readily pass into the bloodstream through contact by way of skin? Historically, most such injuries were due to farming implementations.

Quote:
(Example (horribly incorrect) answer post: )
1: This biblical figure waited for God's judgment on the nearby city- declared prior and mercifully revoked once the denizens showed their penance- under a plant that, while he waited, was grown by God.
A: Marco Polo

8: Perhaps he should have used this herb, not only known for its assistance as an anti-diabetes herbal medicine, but also for assisting in lactation, as well as serving as an ingredient in both spicy and sweet dishes. The herb is also favored for its tea as well as for its seeds, eaten plain.
A: Fish Oil
Welcome to the thread, Soul!

And eh, Wichita Falls. You're closer to my relatives in Oklahoma than you are to me. :P
Also explains why you have such a nice opinion of Texas- it isn't anywhere near as nice near the pollution of Houston or the swamps of Louisiana as it is with the clear skies of Oklahoma.

Last edited by Darkeyes; 11-14-2009 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: dp

Kristal

Old 11-13-2009, 01:25 AM

I guess your right. Oklahoma is gorgeous. as soon as your cross the border you know your there. i only live two exits away from there.

Quote:
8: Perhaps he should have used this herb, not only known for its assistance as an anti-diabetes herbal medicine, but also for assisting in lactation, as well as serving as an ingredient in both spicy and sweet dishes. The herb is also favored for its tea as well as for its seeds, eaten plain.
Sunflower?

Quote:
11: What common consumer product can cause death by consuming 60mg of its primary substance (about 5 doses of the object), can cause death in infants simply by consumption of a single dose of the object, and can readily pass into the bloodstream through contact by way of skin? Historically, most such injuries were due to farming implementations.
Rat poison?

Just guesssing nooooo idea lol.

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 11-13-2009, 01:08 PM

Hm. Let's go with the temperature system of response:
8: (Sunflower: ) Hitting an Iceburg (Cold)
11: (Rat Poison: ) Within eyesight of the beach (Warm)

Oklahoma has relatively bland terrain, and a lot of muddy days, but the skies are strikingly clear, and that more than makes up for it. It's one of the better states I've been to, anyway, and I've been to all the southern ones (never any of the northern ones, though (short of layovers in which I didn't (have time to) leave the airport, but those obviously don't count).

Kristal

Old 11-13-2009, 10:29 PM

haha understandable. now i'm not suppose to guess at those ones again right? only different ones once right?

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 11-14-2009, 01:51 AM

Let's say that question #2 gets answered correctly, by Person A.
At that point, Person A can no longer make any guesses to question #2, even though question #2 has now been replaced by a new question.

In all other situations, you can continue to guess at the answers for questions.

I've edited the rules to try and make them clearer.

The limitation on answering the same question slot has two purposes: Firstly, it limits the questions available to people in the lead, which ought serve to make matters more difficult for them- hence, allowing stragglers to have a better chance at catching up.

Second, it allows for the rule for participants providing trivia questions to exist- if it didn't, people could submit questions and then answer them as well (or I would have to create an even stricter limitation to deal with the rule). With the current limitation, participants can provide questions for the slots they have lost access to.

Last edited by Darkeyes; 11-14-2009 at 02:01 AM..

Briar Rose

Old 11-15-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
3: Name the actor that was close friends with a relatively famous actor, the latter being only really made famous upon his death. The actor is most renowned for previously starring alongside his now-deceased friend in a film of an unusual topic, as well as his starring role in a 2001 cult favorite.
Is it Heath Ledger?

Quote:
Is that Echinacia? *Or however that is spelled*

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 11-15-2009, 07:02 PM

3: The actor in question is still alive- it is his friend that is dead. Also, I'm not sure Heath Ledger starred in a 2001 cult favorite.
Apologies for the confusing phrasing.

8: It is not.

Briar Rose

Old 11-15-2009, 07:41 PM

Oooh...and I thought Brokeback Mountain was a cult favorite. XD

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 11-15-2009, 09:47 PM

Perhaps, but Brokeback is a 2005 film.
Look the question over again, with those thoughts in mind.

Briar Rose

Old 11-16-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
10: WHAT! Is your favorite colour? According to Malory, what is the proper name of this errant- and by Monty Python interpretation highly impressive- knight?
Who is Sir Lancelot?

SouLSuRv1vER
Menewsha's Devil

Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
5: Name this 1990s darkly-toned TV series that was named after the mythical creatures that it starred.
GooseBumps? Hehe I am going to try a couple of these and see if they are right :D.

Briar Rose

Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 PM

Ooh, good guess! I didn't even think of that show!

SouLSuRv1vER
Menewsha's Devil

Old 11-16-2009, 09:56 PM

Hehe, I could not think of any other 1990's mythical creature show :p.

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 11-16-2009, 09:56 PM

I always suspected that Goosebumps were mythical creatures..

Briar Rose-
10: No- The hint is in the question.

SouLSuRv1vER-
5: No- Hint: It had a continuous story line (rather than Goosebumps' episodic presentation).

I should probably note that I ordered the questions so that the trickier ones have, as a general rule, higher numbers than the less tricky ones. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouLSuRv1vER View Post
Hehe, I could not think of any other 1990's mythical creature show :p.
Sadly, Ducktales originated in the 1980s, or I would have accepted that as an alternative answer (even though it, you know, doesn't fit the question at all (though anthropomorphic ducks are certainly mythical creatures..right?)- but it's a great show :P).

Last edited by Darkeyes; 11-16-2009 at 10:00 PM..