For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-20-2017, 10:15 PM

I get curious about weird new foods. I thought I'd try it just to satisfy my curiosity. I feel like it needs more flavor, any flavor. They just taste like potato with some other stuff. Maybe ten minutes later you get a slight meat aftertaste. They're weird. But not as weird as some of the other potato chip flavors I've heard of. I was specifically looking up weird potato chip flavors one night and in England, they had Cajun Squirrel. O_o

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-20-2017, 10:19 PM

LOL.

Wtf is a Cajun Squirrel?
I googled it, hoping to see some funny squirrel hanging out in a bayou... but nope.
I just got pictures of the squirrel chips. :c

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-20-2017, 10:27 PM

Honestly, most of the weirdest flavors of chips seem to come from those Lays create-a-flavor contests that run now. Between Lays US, Lays Canada, and Walkers (I think that's Lays in the UK), they make some of the weirdest/grossest flavors, with the few odd Asian ones that just don't suit American tastebuds.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 10:33 PM

I want teriyaki flavored potato chips

Kory

Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 PM

If I could have any flavor of potato chip,
I would want dill pickle peanut butter chips. :D

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-20-2017, 10:41 PM

Oh, I'd like tonkatsu sauce flavored chips. Then it would kind of be like eating a croquette with tonkatsu sauce on it. *drools*

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 10:53 PM

oh is that the Japanese brown sauce?
Mmmm I love that, too!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 PM

Yeah! It's addictive! I used to sit there with the bottle and just pour it on my finger and eat it, cause yum!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 11:19 PM

I love it on noodles with mayonnaise...*drools*

Kory

Old 07-20-2017, 11:22 PM

I haven't really explored very many Japanese treats. :c
My cousin is Japanese, so I should try some stuff, but she lives in another state and I haven't really gotten much chance to hang out or talk to her.

(She's married to my cousin. :P)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 11:27 PM

some things are very different but they grow on you.
I love ume gum, crunchie cracker with nori on them and butterie puffs ;p

Kory

Old 07-20-2017, 11:33 PM

That stuff sounds good. :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 11:46 PM

snacks are good in any language =3

Kory

Old 07-20-2017, 11:59 PM

I am snacking on coconut milk ice cream. :D
Amane recommended I try it, so I did!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-21-2017, 12:26 AM

I like a lot of Japanese snacks. Pocky is the obvious popular one, but they have a lot of other interesting snacks and candies and a bunch of different flavors of kitkats that we don't even have! I like Japanese food, but not sushi! There are too many elements of sushi that I just don't enjoy. I'd rather have some okonomiyaki or Japanese curry. Om nom nom.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 12:41 AM

Weird potato chips... I dig trying them in small amounts.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 12:41 AM

have you tried the little jelly shots, cookie?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
I like a lot of Japanese snacks. Pocky is the obvious popular one, but they have a lot of other interesting snacks and candies and a bunch of different flavors of kitkats that we don't even have! I like Japanese food, but not sushi! There are too many elements of sushi that I just don't enjoy. I'd rather have some okonomiyaki or Japanese curry. Om nom nom.
I love the wasabi kitkat. Used to have a store near me that sold the small ones and I tried all the flavors. I adore sushi. My favorite is kampyo witch is pickled gourd skin. It tastes like candy.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-21-2017, 12:49 AM

Yeah hummy. I really like getting random jellies. The Chinese grocery store here sells these jelly drinks with nato de coco in them. I love them!

I just don't like so many elements of sushi! I can't enjoy it. I don't like seaweed, I don't like the raw fish or the fish eggs, or cucumbers or avacados! There's at least one of those things in every piece of sushi! It's just not my favorite. I'll try alllll sorts of other things though. I bought a bag of the creme brulee kitkats and I never actually ate them, because I am silly like that.

Kory

Old 07-21-2017, 12:50 AM

I don't know very much about Japanese treats at all. :s
I should learn, though. My cousin and her family are moving back to Japan soon, so I have a small amount of time to learn.

The only Japanese things I've tried is, Pocky, Ramune, and... ramen? I think that's it!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-21-2017, 01:01 AM

I wouldn't say that I'm an expert, but I've always had a curiosity about Japanese culture, which just leads you to trying different things. If you really were interested in trying a variety of different snacks and have some cash to spare, there are a few different box subscription services that will deliver lots of Japanese snacks to you. I think one is called Japan Crate? I've never tried one of those services, but they seem really popular. Or if there's an Asian market near you, go browse. Even if it's not specifically Japanese, there's a bit of crossover in the Korean and Chinese stores, so you'll probably still find some similar things. Some mochi or mochi ice cream. :D

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Yeah hummy. I really like getting random jellies. The Chinese grocery store here sells these jelly drinks with nato de coco in them. I love them!

I just don't like so many elements of sushi! I can't enjoy it. I don't like seaweed, I don't like the raw fish or the fish eggs, or cucumbers or avacados! There's at least one of those things in every piece of sushi! It's just not my favorite. I'll try alllll sorts of other things though. I bought a bag of the creme brulee kitkats and I never actually ate them, because I am silly like that.
You should, they are yummy. And if you don't like them you could mail the rest to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
I don't know very much about Japanese treats at all. :s
I should learn, though. My cousin and her family are moving back to Japan soon, so I have a small amount of time to learn.

The only Japanese things I've tried is, Pocky, Ramune, and... ramen? I think that's it!
Oh so many yummy treats from Japan.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-21-2017, 01:24 AM

I will try them! Eventually.

Mochi ice cream is one of my great loves. Om nom nom. Even when I go for frozen yogurt, mochi bites is usually the only topping I put on it.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
I love the wasabi kitkat. Used to have a store near me that sold the small ones and I tried all the flavors. I adore sushi. My favorite is kampyo witch is pickled gourd skin. It tastes like candy.
I am not a wasabi fan, it burns
Quote:

I love the little lemon jellies and the vitamin C drinks ;p

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 01:26 AM

Sounds yummy.