Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Hannahballistic Send a message via MSN to Hannahballistic

Old 06-08-2007, 04:27 AM

So, yeah. It might take me a while to set up, getting the premade profiles posted and all.

But feel free to chat here about characters, plot development, etc...yeah.
Actual Thread

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Hannahballistic Send a message via MSN to Hannahballistic

Old 06-08-2007, 04:38 AM

The game with no rules...

So. Basic code of conduct and yah-da-yah-dah.
  • Be as literate as possible None of us are perfect, and I myself am only fifteen, so of course we're not expected to have the entire dictionary memorized. Just do your best.
  • No chatspeak whatsoever. If you must use chatspeak, feel free to let it out in this thread only. It's what I do. xD
  • Do not bracket or asterisk your character's actions. Your own actions may be bracketed and asterisked as you please outside of character.
  • Use quotation marks around speech.
  • No godmodding. It's annoying and I'll have to beat you to death with my peanut butter jar.
  • DO. NOT. EVER. USE EMOTICONS WHILE IN-CHARACTER. I will KILL you.
  • While in-character, please use the assigned font color in 9-point font.
  • ALL character profiles must be PMed to me.
  • ALL character profiles must be titled "Hey Diddle Diddle."

...Has a special section just for rules. Ain't that special?

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-08-2007, 04:38 AM

Old King Cole
Played by: Foxy

Character: Old King Cole
Role: The Puppeteer
Name: Elric
Alias: Frodo
Appearance:
Personality: to be established throughout the game.
Key:
  • Jolly
  • Not easily provoked
  • Wise
  • Cryptic
  • A Romancer
  • True to his word

The Crooked Man
Played by: Hannahballistic

Character: The Crooked Man
Role: The Deceiver
Name:
Alias: Alumit

Personality:
Key:
  • Casual
  • Blends in very well
  • Very flippant about certain serious issues
  • Dedicated (obsessed) to getting out of the game
  • Smooth of Speech

The Cat
Played by: Foxy

Character: The Cat
Role: The Guide
Name: Felix
Alias: Daedalus
Appearance:

Personality: to be established throughout the game.
Key:
  • He's Greek; thus he speaks with a prominent accent and will occasionally revert back to his native language when he's intensively frustrated.
  • Sly, secretive and cunning
  • Good-humored and musical
  • A practical joker
  • Can hold a grudge for decades
  • Will do a job thoroughly in spite of his happy-go-lucky nature
  • His motive in what he does is questionable

Little Red Riding Hood
Played by: Razzle

Character: Little Red Riding Hood
Role: The Messenger
Name: Angie
Alias: Adria
Appearance: Angie is blond, her skin far from pale. Her eyes are green, but there's nothing vivid about them. She's not very tall, but she isn't even close to being short. She's thin, but simply because Angie is so picky about what she puts in her mouth. If it happens to be that ugly shade of brown that she hates, Angie probably wouldn't even touch it. She doesn't really care much for how she looks, and usually looks like she just climbed out of her dreams of nothing. Angie's clothing generally look odd, and she appears like something that the wannabe factory rejected most of the time.

Suitcase: Clothing
Personality: Angie is a rather blunt girl. She doesn't seem to be aware that other people have feelings too, and often says rude things without realizing it right away and when she does, she pays no mind to it and goes off as if she never said a word.

Angie typically means well enough when she does things for other people, but even when she's doing a favor she isn't very dedicated in doing a good, fulfilling job. She's not someone you could call particularly loud, due to the fact that she learned that if you aren't remembered as that annoying girl who kept interrupting, no one will make you do boring things and nobody watches you carefully because they get the impression that you're just some kid who's not at all important, and that you're someone who won't interfere with any plans you have to do something. This is probably no one's opinion of Angie, but she thinks it works anyway.

Angie also tends to let issues or problems with others bubble and grow and sit because of this. She has issues with doing things like going to the person and has a bad habit of keeping things bottled up. She's the kind of person who'll keep the secret that she has issues with someone until the day she gets fed up with it and goes to try and choke them.

She likes to get messages, because it makes her feel extremely special that someone actually thought of giving her a message in the first place. When she has to pass on messages, it makes her feel like some under-paid worker. No, scratch that, it makes her feel like a worker who just doesn't have the privilege of saying a real no or maybe.

While she's unaware of this, Angie has a problem with usually jumping to conclusions and goes by on the littlest of hints. Very few times, in the least dire of situations, Angie can be calculating. It's almost amazing.
Key:
  • Apathetic
  • Quiet
  • Would rather observe than be observed
  • Would rather receive a message than deliver it or be the message
  • Non confrontational

The Huntsman
Played by: lostinXgrav

Character: The Huntsman
Role: The Warrior
Name: Alban
Alias: Dimitri
Appearance: Alban wears a slightly roughed up look with his pants casing a few tatters and a barely-fading sweatshirt. Sneakers for easy travelling and running are always worn by him, though he does not tend to do aggressive movements due to his pacifism. He has light brown hair that travels down to the nape of his neck while his bangs stray down to his vivid green eyes. Alban's height is quite a bit off being tall, though not at all short and probably due to his slight slouch. He always tries to wear a friendly face, and attempts to befriend others that he may associate with himself.

Suitcase: Weapons
Personality: Alban is always trying to please people, not fight them. He has a rather pacifist nature, though he tries to make it up in chivalry and friendliness, especially by striking up conversation when walking with a stranger or being in debt for a favor or two. He will listen and almost immediately sympathize, as long as some sort of noble reason is there. He likes to keep quiet if his opinions are antithetical to those of whoever is speaking, as long as it may keep him out of a conflict or keep him secure of himself. Security is a must with him; Alban is an insecure fellow (thought he doens't usually let it show to others) who tries as much as he can to stay around people or travel with a buddy, and doesn't assert himself unless absolutely necessary. He will drop his easygoing behavior and, if drawn into a fight for some reason, protect himself and any others until it is over. His honor code of sorts is a little medievally shaped; he often trusts ladies in distress rather than listening to more rational facts. He is no scaredy-cat, Alban is simply extremely peace-loving and meek, but will serve to protect if needs be.

Key:
  • Gullible (especially when it comes to women)
  • Peaceful
  • Not the first to start a fight, but will definitely end it
  • Resents leaving others behind (for lack of trust or overprotection?)
  • Conversational

Gretal
Played by: Hannahballistic

Character: Gretal
Role: The Wanderer
Name: Max
Alias: Gypsy
Appearance:

Suitcase: Food
Personality:
Very opinionated and vocal, Max likes to place herself as leader, though the role is seldom appropriate for her. Whether negative or positive, she adores to be in the center of attention whenever possible.
She will hardly ever admit when she's lost, as she is stubborn, hard-headed and proud, but will be the first to spout off suggestions.

She's quick-qitted and nimble of mind--this doesn't mean that she's always right in her hasty assumptions, but when she gets a batch of facts to run on, she can put pieces together more quickly than most. However, she's extremely gullible and will fall for almost anything.

She hates being told what to do, and as a result will often rebel against the most simple of rules. Most of the time, she's convinced that she knows exactly what she's doing, and if proven wrong can reveal quite the nasty temper.

Most of her decisions are also based on emotion rather than deduction, and thus she is quite the philosopher while at the same time will judge others easily.

Key:
  • Theatrical
  • Will often miss things that are right in front of her nose
  • Empathetic; emotional
  • Will change her mind on a whim; fickle

Sleeping Beauty
Played by: NPC

Character: Sleeping Beauty
Role: The Child
Name: Bethany
Appearance:

Suitcase: Books
Personality: Naive, mild-tempered and sweet, she is the Messenger's little sister and the first to figure out the Game. It's a shame that she's pulled out of it before she can inform the others, though.

All aliases from:
http://lowchensaustralia.com/names.htm

Profile Explanation:
Character: Self-explanatory. Let's say you're filling this out for the Cat. In that case, here is where you would type, "The Cat with the Fiddle."
Name: Your character's real name. Some names, such as the Cat's, will be default, so leave "Felix" as it is.
Alias: This is another default, but evidently it needs explaining.
Once you arrive in Calypso Boulevard, you immediately begin the transformation into your character, but you can't go around being called "the cat with the fiddle" all the time; there's too many syllables, and in some cases—such as the Crooked Man's—it would get a little too obvious. So there are new names with hidden meanings given to you.
Role:
-Guide: The role of Guide goes to the Cat. Because he has been with the King for nearly as long as the Game has been in existence, the Cat is the most qualified to lead the new players around. In other rounds of the came, others have been the guide, but that's not important now.
-Deceiver: Everyone in the game is bound to tell the truth, except one. That one is the Deceiver, the role of which goes to the Crooked Man. I can't explain too much here, otherwise it would give away the plot.
-Puppeteer: The man who controls everything in the Game. He invented the Game, he prevents anyone from leaving the Game, and he brings people into the Game. The puppeteer is the most cryptic of all the Game's residents, but can come in handy in a tight spot.
-Wanderer: Gretal is missing her Hansel. In order to win the game, she has to find Hansel, so she wanders throughout Calypso Boulevard, never seeing things right in front of her nose from the right perspective.
-Messenger: Usually the most informed of outside sources (or not), Little Red Riding Hood stumbles along through a dimly lit forest, never getting the right messages for the right persons.
-Warrior: Though one would think he is the most equipped for any sort of clash, the Huntsman's softness of heart belies his title.
-Child: Oddly enough, the most naïve of them all is the first to get out.

Age: for Felix, the age should be between 20-30. For the Puppeteer, the age should be between 70-100, but be sure to include what age he appears (between 25-40). For Little Red, the age should be 14-16. For the Huntsman, the age should be 17-23.
Appearance: I have provided eLouai dolls for each character, but feel free to expand. Experiment with different dollmakers, draw, write out descriptions (the latter is required, mind you)! Just be sure to stick to the basic appearance you see in the doll image.
Suitcase: Yes, I realize that this is not included in the Cat's profile--you'll notice that it's not included in the Deceiver or the Puppeteer's profile, either. Nonetheless, though, I will inform you of its purpose.

The suitcase is an item that you are given once you enter Calypso boulevard; kind of like your Monopoly money. In it are items somehow pertaining to your character but useful to everyone in your group.
For example, Gretal has all sorts of food whenever anyone needs it, but only when they need it most. She can't just open it on a whim and find a steaming pizza there; no, it will provide her with food once a day. You only get to use your suitcase once a day, so be wise.
Little Red Riding Hood's suitcase carries all the clothing--a change of clothes per day, painfully reminding you that as each hour passes, you are slowly turning into your character.
There are shady villains out here, believe it or not, and some of them will want to kill you. That's why the warrior is equipped with weapons. However, beware opening it when it is not something you can't handle that you face.
Personality: This is where you expand on the basic points that I will go over in the Key section.
Key: This is where key points of personality and behaviors are gone over.
For the Cat:
-Sly, secretive and cunning
-Good-humored and musical
-A practical joker
-Can hold a grudge for decades
-Will do a job thoroughly in spite of his happy-go-lucky nature
This blood on my hands is something I cannot forget

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-08-2007, 04:39 AM

Current plot summary will go here, for those of you who are overwhelmed after the page count reaches a certain number.

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-08-2007, 04:40 AM

Reserved for whatever I want to put here whenever my migraine goes away and I can think straight.

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-08-2007, 04:41 AM

Reserved for...stuff...I don't know...I'm running out of creative things to reserve posts for. This sucks.

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-08-2007, 04:44 AM

Ugh. I'm going absolutely mad. I can't seem to figure out how to equip the HTML thingee. D8

You can post now. 8D

Masochism
*^_^*
Banned

Old 06-08-2007, 05:34 PM

• Hi. ^^ < 3
    Yay~! I'll send you a profile thing I suppose.

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 PM

No, you don't need to yet--I have to finish premaking the profiles; there's going to be premade information for each character. o.o

Masochism
*^_^*
Banned

Old 06-08-2007, 10:16 PM

• Oh. -sweatdrop- X3
    Lawl.
    Sorry. ;3;

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Tet Anon

Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 AM

Will there be a big bad wolf?

I cannot wait to learn more of this rp.

Razzle
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-09-2007, 01:30 AM

Ooh, this seems really interesting!~
I can't wait to see the rest of this role play set up. >w<

Masochism
*^_^*
Banned

Old 06-09-2007, 05:49 PM

• I'm still alive. ^^

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tet Anon
Will there be a big bad wolf?

I cannot wait to learn more of this rp.
I've actually been thinking about that, but I don't know yet...I mean, we already have a Deceiver, and unless you can think of a good enough character for me to accept (it shouldn't be that hard, really, if you want to have a go) then I doubt there will be one.

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle
Ooh, this seems really interesting!~
I can't wait to see the rest of this role play set up. >w<
Thanks! 8D *Pokes your bunny ears*

Is there a particular character you're interested in?

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochism
  • I'm still alive. ^^
That's reassuring. n.n

For anyone who's interested, I'm almost done setting up the profiles. Then it'll be little fine print here and there (mostly in PMs to those who fill in the characters first), and then we can start! *Cheers*

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 08:57 PM

Okay, you guys can start sending profiles in now. x3

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 AM

Wow, I love how, like, nobody's posting now. D8

Delcatty
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-11-2007, 01:01 AM

Hey. I was just wondering your EXACT definition of advanced. I read the rules and everything, but it didn't really define it. I might have missed it though. I hate to ask and all, but people tend to have VERY different definitions of 'advanced.' XP

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-11-2007, 01:41 AM

Most general literate RPs accept common spelling/grammar errors and blah-blah and whatever font the RPers please. As you can see, I was pretty specific in my requirements, just to make it look pretty and uniform. That's all my "Advanced" thing was. And it's mostly just to ward off people who are all like "omG, its a semiliteret rollplay, let me joine!!!111!"

Foxy
Pirate Queen

Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 AM

just reserving myself a spot here.

Delcatty
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-11-2007, 02:35 AM

Okay, the grammar and spelling I know I can do, but what I was really after is this: Are there any requirements on length? You see, I can usually manage a paragraph or two, with the occasion three to four thrown in if I'm given enough to work with, but on occasion I find myself stumped, and only write about a paragraph. Would this be acceptable, or should I not join this RP?

Foxy
Pirate Queen

Old 06-11-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
Okay, the grammar and spelling I know I can do, but what I was really after is this: Are there any requirements on length? You see, I can usually manage a paragraph or two, with the occasion three to four thrown in if I'm given enough to work with, but on occasion I find myself stumped, and only write about a paragraph. Would this be acceptable, or should I not join this RP?
oh yeah, she'll totally accept that.

Hannahballistic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-11-2007, 10:53 PM

xD Foxy, do I have to appoint you co-owner of this roleplay, too?

Yes, what she said.

Foxy
Pirate Queen

Old 06-11-2007, 10:56 PM

yes. i don't even know what the RP's about, though... i've only noticed that all the characters are based off of fairytale characters...

speaking of which, i forgot to mention that i want to be the kitty. if that's possible.