Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 PM

Mama! mama! Look What I did!
username: Spring`Tyme Fresh
description of item: Typical sugar cookies and gingerbread men. First time doing sugar cookies!
entry link/image: One with my username
And a nicer photo

I'm gonna enter for both categories. I was super proud of my Christmas dinner because it was just me making it for the first time being away from home. Me and my man shared Christmas together this year.

Oh! I don't have my username in the Christmas dinner ... can I PM you a picture of me standing with it, though? xD you know what I look like from facebook. :P Here's the form if you do accept it.

username: Spring`Tyme Fresh
description of item: My yummy Christmas dinner.
entry link/image: Mmm, parsnips.
Candle lit

^^

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:14 AM

For the Delectable Dishes Category....

username: Saravi Boo
description of item: It's a simple casserole recipe I make sometimes, but I decided to dress it up like a present for the holiday. ^_^ The casserole is really easy to make: 2 Boxes of chicken stuffing, a smallish bag of frozen vegetables (I used a mixed bag of Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots), pre-cooked chicken breast strips or chunks, two cans of cream of broccoli soup, and two soup cans full of water. Mix it all up in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake at 375 degrees (Fahrenheit) for about 40 minutes or until the vegetables are done to your desired tenderness. I decorated it by tossing a couple of handfuls of the dry stuffing in melted butter mixed with green food coloring and then sprinkling them on top. Then I used my potato peeler to make thin strips of carrot, which I used to make the ribbons. ^_^ I think it turned out really well.
entry link/image: Full View With Name,Top View,Bow Close-Up

and for the sweets category

username: Saravi Boo
description of item: Little pound cakes dressed up like presents. The cakes were store bought but I made the icing out of pistachio pudding mix and whipped topping. The rest of the decorations are made of white chocolate chips, colored sugar, and fruit roll-ups. My nieces decorated cakes too and we had a great time doing it. ^_^
entry link/image: My Four Cakes Overview,Cakes 1 and 2,Cakes 3 and 4,All the cakes together (including my nieces' cakes).

It was really fun making all these goodies! I should do this more often. Thanks for having this contest. It really inspired me. ^_^

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Xyelle View Post
oh my gosh For-Chan cookie. That looks amazing, and heart warming. Like I want to make some for dinner tonight because it's so cold out. xD
It's really good. I'm having the last bowl of it right now!

I just cooked some frozen broccoli in chicken stock, since the texture of the broccoli isn't too important here. Usually I don't eat frozen broccoli cause it's mushy, but that's good for the purposes of the soup. Then added it all to the mashed potatoes with some extra milk/cream/butter, lots of cheddar, and a dash of pepper and salt.

You'll want to break down the broccoli though. I really wish I had one of those lovely immersion blenders! But no, I put it in our counter top blender and got showered in soup. *sighs* I hate our blender.

Soup shower aside, as long as you have some mashed potatoes lying around and a bit of broccoli, this is really quick, easy and yummy :D I wish I had more *cleans bowl with tongue*

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 12-31-2010, 03:50 PM

Springy- send a pm please. :P Though I trust you, gotta stick with the rules! xD

Saravi- I'm glad you enjoyed participating in the contest! Your entries look lovely as well. :drool:

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:48 PM

Thanks! ^_^ They tasted good too. ^_^

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-01-2011, 12:56 AM

That carrot bow is kickass! :lol:

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 01-01-2011, 01:01 AM

I agree with Belly, that is super cool!

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 01-01-2011, 01:42 AM

username: Whisper Invictus
description of item: Some yummy Snickerdoodles, made from scratch :) Of course, I cant think of how many times I've made these xD Cheap Christmas gifts, at least, I just wish I could have found my cookie cutters for the contest ^__^
entry link/image:

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-01-2011, 12:45 PM

username: Eastriel
description of item: Mini star pastry cookies! I only managed to take a picture of the sweet ones! But I made 7 different flavours, some sweet some savoury, I know they don't look much but the flavours are creative. For the the sweet ones I did, one plain, one with blue berries and one with chocolate and cinnamon! And for the savoury ones I did Chilli, garlic and origano, cheese, and chinese five spice! I dusted the sweet ones with icing sugar to make it look like snow! I'm posting two pictures below, because when I took the first one I forgot to put my name in the picture, but by the time i;d remebered they were half eaten xD
entry link/image:
and heres the one with my name on to prove i made them

if theres any problem with my entry just pm or ping me!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-01-2011, 03:39 PM

mmmm Looks tasty!

Luna Riven
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-01-2011, 04:13 PM

I have returned with photos of the cakes I made for my family. There are actually 3 cakes and I can't decide which one to enter.... May I enter them all as one entry or should I try to pick one?

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-01-2011, 04:32 PM

As long as your username is included you're welcome to enter them all as one entry. (:

Luna Riven
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-01-2011, 10:38 PM

I have a picture with all three that has the name tag I made in the background and then closeups of each cake with the name tag. Sadly I can't get a picture of all three together anymore because they're mostly gone. XD

username: Luna Riven
description of item: Carved and decorated cakes! I made these cakes for my family for Christmas. Each cake was hand carved and iced, a process that took a total of three days and many long hours spent carving, icing and decorating.
~The log cabin cake for my dad is a chocolate cake sliced into layers using dental floss (it works wonders) and then layered to look like a log cabin with icing in between each layer. The shingles, door, windows, and walking path are life cereal pieces, the snow mounds are white cake covered in icing, and the snow on the ground is more white icing, all covered in sifted powdered sugar to look like snow.
~The sunflower cake for my mom is a chocolate cake, carved into a round and then the petals carved out. The seeds are chocolate chips on top of black icing and the petals are piped orange icing.
~The igloo cake for my sister is a white cake carved in two sections, the igloo and the ice bank. The ice bank was covered in white icing then patted to make it look like snow drifts. The igloo was covered in blue icing and then smoothed out with a heated knife to look like ice and then carved to look like ice blocks. The silver balls are to look like tiny silver snowflakes. The penguins on the side are just buttons from my mom. XD

entry link/image:
All three together:
Each individually: Log Cabin Cake ~ Sunflower Cake ~ Igloo cake

(sorry for the wall of text, it was just a TON of work! XD)

Last edited by Luna Riven; 01-02-2011 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: spelling fail, sorry

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-01-2011, 11:02 PM

edible pearls! so cute! xD

I'm seriously loving your sunflower and igloo cake. :x

Am I allowed to say that? lol. It's creative, it's cute it's sooooo...something I'm going to steal from you and "wow" the parents at my kids dance parties next year. xD

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 01-02-2011, 03:45 AM

username: blueblackrose
description of item: Christmas tree cake. Yellow cake with vanilla icing that has been colored with food coloring. The small section of tree trunk is chocolate icing.
entry link/image: http://i54.tinypic.com/mads3n.jpg

Last edited by blueblackrose; 01-02-2011 at 06:58 AM..

Luna Riven
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-02-2011, 03:49 AM

Oh yay! I'm so glad you like them! I wasn't sure how well they were going to turn out since it was my first time doing actual carved cakes, let alone fancy cakes like this.

And you're more than welcome to steal the ideas! I even have making-of pictures for each of them if you'd like to see how they were made!

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 01-02-2011, 06:16 AM

I have got another entry for the sweets category, mama!

username: Pa-pancake
description of item: Vanilla/Rumraisin cupcakes with vanilla and dark chocolate frosting! They actually taste a tad too sweet but I think they look pretty.
entry link/image:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 01-02-2011, 04:45 PM

username: blueblackrose
description of item: Yellow cake with chocolate icing and holiday sprinkles.
entry link/image: http://i56.tinypic.com/2jca3b4.jpg

Silverwingedshadows
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-02-2011, 07:35 PM

username: Silverwingedshadows
description of item: Candy Cane Sugar Cookies, just crushed candy canes with sugar cookies that I made for Santa this yea.
entry link/image:
i

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-02-2011, 07:57 PM

username: Seito
description of item: Red Velvet cupcakes with white royal icing, assuming into a tower like a tree. With a blue dragonfly plate (that you can't see)
entry link/image: 1 2

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 PM

Ugh, so miffed.
I baked an entry, but everyone ate them up so fast!
I didn't have time to get the camera.
D ':

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 01-03-2011, 02:41 AM

Awwww w =[

that really sucks.

But, does anyone know if we're going to get pinged or stickied or something when the winners are announced? How is that done?