PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck ...

Old 12-26-2015, 06:15 PM

Yuffie walked into the 7th Heaven with an angry look on her face. She wanted to talk to Tifa but she was out on a shopping day with Marlene. The girl had, had a growth spurt and now was as tall as Shelke.

The next best thing would be to talk to Cloud, but he was out on a delivery. No, the poor Kunoichi had to talk to the quiet and brooding Vincent Valentine. She stormed over to the bar, hoping that he would see how upset she was and be a bit sympathetic.

Cloud rode Fenrir up the dock. Cid was too busy with a mission to take him across the sea, so the swordsman had to take a ship. It would be a long journey, but at least this package wasn't time sensitive.

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 12-26-2015, 06:25 PM

Vincent looked up from washing the glasses when he heard Yuffie stomp her way over to him. He had already gotten the call from Reeve telling him the young woman was upset. He didn't, however, tell the gunman why. He almost ignored her, when he remembered that if Reeve was concerned about something he should be too. Yuffie was strong enough that she could decimate whole villages if provoked, and she looked provoked. So the usually silent man spoke up, "What has happend?"

Tifa walked into the Clothing Outlet. She needed to get Marlene a lot of clothes and soon. The teachers at school said that she wasn't dressed appropriately. Her skirts were getting too short. The barmaid knew that Barret hoped that Marlene would be as short as her birth mother. But it turns out she would probably be as tall as Dyne. She took the girl over to the counter to ask for assistance. Tifa didn't want this to take all day.

PhoenixNeko

Old 12-26-2015, 06:35 PM

Yuffie was momentarily surprised out of her anger. Then it came back full force. "Can you believe my dad? Godo wants me to get married. And it's so unfair. If I get married then I have to stop being in AVALANCHE! The only plus side is I get a year to come up with my own husband, before he marries me off to some pompous jerk that 'knows what's good for the kingdom'." She air-quoted. "And according to 'traditions'," She air-quoted again, "he would have to take marriage off the table if I ended up 'deflowered'." She sighed. "But I'm not desperate enough to do something like that. I mean I always thought that my first time would be with someone I loved." She slipped up the stairs in an anger and depressed stupor.

As the ship started it's journey away from the dock, Cloud sat stoically waxing Fenrir. The sea air didn't do good for his bike.

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 12-26-2015, 07:01 PM

TIME SKIP
Vincent was just wiping down the last of the tables when the first customer of the night came in. It was Reno. This upset the ex-TURK that they were allowed to come and go almost as they pleased. However they did help out with missions for the WRO, so like Yuffie perhaps he should give them some slack. He had been making lots of changes in his life since Chaos returned to the Lifestream. "What do you want tonight Reno?
"I don't know. I think a beer."
Vincent walked over and put the rag up as he popped the top of a beer. He handed it to the redhead who had sat at the bar.

Tifa walked out a bit disappointed. They were only able to get 3 dresses, 2 pairs of shorts, and 6 shirts. Marlene was excited because Barret was supposed to be back tonight and that meant that she had all weekend to show him her new clothes.

PhoenixNeko

Old 12-26-2015, 07:23 PM

TIME SKIP

Yuffie had laid down for a nap to let her mind rest. She was rudely awakened by the sounds of a brawl downstairs. She knew that Tifa wouldn't allow such things, so it must be Vince running the place. He had been given the orders that he couldn't use his gun unless a rouge monster broke down the doors. Drunks acting up wasn't a rouge monster, so the gunman would be at a loss. She hurried downstairs to help the poor man, only to see him with Reno in a headlock and Vince about to punch in his face. She drew in a lungful of air and yelled at the top of her lungs, "ALRIGHT EVERYBODY KNOCK IT THE **** OFF!!!"
Silence descended. Vincent looked up at Yuffie. All the drunks slunk back to the chairs to sip their beers. Vincent slowly let go of Reno. Reno climbed back onto his stool. She caught a glimpse of Reno's black eye. She walked the rest of the way down the stairs to stand next to Vincent. "What happened here?"

Cloud had finished waxing Fenrir and couldn't get to sleep. He decided to call Tifa and see how things where going. He missed her very much and he didn't want to go too long without talking to her. He wanted to make the most of the time that he had. The phone rang on her end and then went to Voicemail. He told her, "I hope you had a great day. Take care." Then hung up.

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 12-30-2015, 06:23 PM

Vincent had the grace to look ashamed as he replied to Yuffie, "I know that you and Reno are like siblings now; so I told him about your problem. He said that I should-" Here the gunman blushed. "It was an affront to your dignity."

Tifa was fiddling with the hem of her shorts while Marlene tried on clothes at Tall Girls Clothing. She let out a sigh and pulled her phone from her pocket. A light flashed showing she had a voicemail. She listened to it and smiled. Cloud was getting to be such a sweetheart. When he would be gone for long periods of time, he would call her and let her know by saying the phrase, 'Take care'.

PhoenixNeko

Old 12-30-2015, 07:37 PM

Yuffie fumed. "What! Reno, how could you?"
"It's in your best interest sis. No way you could find a guy that would treat you right, marry him, and find and train a replacement for AVALANCHE and WRO in a year." He took a sip of his warm beer, and shook his head. "Vince isn't going to give you any disease, and he'd be smart enough to not cause any 'lasting consequences'. You just want to stop the marriage, not end up with a litter."
Yuffie was bright red with embarrassment by the time that Reno was done speaking. "I-I-I can't! I can't do that! I mean, we don't love each other!" She saw Vincent blush at that, and it made her think that there was a possibility that her comment hadn't been true. Perhaps he loves her?

Cloud slept fitfully, with a nauseated stomach. He had a dream that he proposed to Tifa, and she said yes. Then the dream shifted and they were expanding the bar because she was pregnant. Then a darkness fell in his dream and he jolted awake covered in cold sweat.

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 12-30-2015, 08:21 PM

Vincent's blush didn't seem to want to go away, so he went behind the bar and grabbed the rag. He started to wipe down the bar again, feeling frustrated that Yuffie didn't return his feelings. He had thought that she at least had a crush on him when they were fighting Deepground together.

Then Reno spoke up, "ya know, I bet your Pops didn't tell ya sis, but he's gotten remarried. It's true. Tseng has relatives in the area and they were in the city when the wedding happened. It's only a matter of time before he produces another heir. Most likely a boy." He took the final swig of his drink and walked out the door after flinging down ten gil on the bar.

Vincent said, "It's true. Reeve was invited to the wedding as well. However, you don't have long enough on this to find out if he manages to have another child." The clock on the wall chimed eight. Vincent went back into the kitchens to make Yuffie a sandwich. He knew that Yuffie could handle herself with the usuals.

They had better luck at that last store. As they walked back to the bar, Tifa did a count of all they had bought. There were 14 dresses, 7 skirts, 5 pants, 10 shorts, and 19 shirts. That would be enough to last Marlene a while. They had gotten the clothes as large as they dared so that she could grow into them.
When they returned Yuffie was sitting at the bar eating a pickle and cheese sandwich, and Vincent was wiping down the bar. It was obvious that there had been a brawl, but Tifa decided to let that slide. She took Marlene and the girl's bags up to her bedroom, and helped her put them away. They had already donated the clothes that didn't fit her anymore to the local charity center. It was what Marlie wanted to do with them.

PhoenixNeko

Old 12-30-2015, 10:32 PM

When Yuffie finished her sandwich she started to fiddle with her fingers. She stammered, "V-Vince? Would it really be so bad? I mean, I would be protected as Empress of Wutai. I think I'll just- I don't know- marry whoever dad says." She started to get up when she thought better of it. "Never mind!" She jumped the counter; grabbing Vincent's face and planting a kiss on his mouth all in one quick move. She felt Vincent pull away, but it seemed reluctant, so she held on with all her might. When she finally let go she was blushing up a storm. "I'm sorry Vince. I guess there's no denying that I have always had feelings for you. And if I read you wrong I'm sorry, but that blush you had earlier said you liked me too." Without giving him a chance to reply, she went back up to her room.

On the way to her room, she looked in on Marlene and Tifa putting away clothes. "Hey! What all did you get Marlie?"

"A lot of stuff Aunt Yuffie. And a good chunk of it is pink!" She was so excited.

"As you know I like purple more myself, but that's good. It's great to have clothes in your favorite color. But what if you grow out of pink?"

"I never will!" Marlene replied.

Yuffie picked up a skirt and started to put it on the hanger. "I know. I'll never tire of purple." She helped with the clothes. After a while she said, "Tifa can I talk to you alone in a bit?"

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 12-31-2015, 01:29 AM

Vincent had been about to tell Yuffie not to back down from trying to find someone when she said, 'Never mind!' The next thing he knew her lips were on his. He tried to pull away even though he wanted to grab her face back and lean into the kiss. Finally she pulled away. Vincent barely heard what she said, because his mind was reeling. She felt the same! This couldn't make Vince more happy than if she agreed to marry him. He was just about to pop the question when she walked away. Though he felt a moment of disappointment, he figured that she needed time to think about things.

"Sure thing Yuffs." She hung up a dress. "If it's about the whole reason that Reeve called me before I left with Marlie, I am glad that you're not upset anymore. And before you ask; no. Reeve didn't tell me about it. But if it's not that, we're still talking about it." She picked up another dress and put it on the hanger. Then she remembered. "Good thing you don't have school tomorrow Marlene. We forgot underclothes."

"Yay! I get to go shopping again tomorrow!" Marlie danced around her room clutching a skirt to her chest.

"I hope you know that will take some time away from spending it with your papa." Tifa teased.

"I know but he'd understand. He would never take me shopping for underclothes."

Tifa took the last skirt from Marlene and hung it up. "It's time for your bed. Night Marlie." She gave her a kiss on the forehead and ushered Yuffie out of the room.

PhoenixNeko

Old 12-31-2015, 07:26 PM

Yuffie walked to Tifa's room where she knew they would have some privacy. She didn't want anyone to overhear what she was about to say. She shut and locked the door. She took a deep breath and told Tifa what her father had said, and about the tradition that would 'save' her. "And then I had to go and kiss Vince. I can't believe that I would do something like that. It was practically an invitation." She sighed expecting Tifa to tell her off for it. She didn't expect to see her friend smile.

Cloud went to the mess to get something to eat. He hadn't ate since the morning before, due to running deliveries. When he walked in conversations stopped. He just smiled to the crew and grabbed a tray to fill with food. He sat down and picked up his fork. Taking a big bit of his chipped beef and toast, he thanks the gods that it wasn't a complete nightmare.

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 12-31-2015, 09:21 PM

The last of the usuals left early. They wanted to get home and tell their wives and daughters about how the TURK Reno got a black eye from Vincent, and how Lady Yuffie kissed Vincent. It was the most exciting thing to happen in a while. After fifteen minutes Vincent locked up the bar and started to clean up.

Tifa smiled at Yuffie. "You're just now finding out that you love each other huh? And so what is the worst that could happen if you and Vince followed through on this tradition? huh? Chances are Vincent would probably propose to you and you'd say yes because you love him. And then you can choose what you want to do with your life. You can help Wutai as something other than Empress. You can stay with AVALANCHE and WRO. You could create a splinter group if you wanted. You have the whole world at your fingertips." She kept smiling and shrugged. "If I were you I would make my invitation pretty clear and then jump him when he responds to the yes." She took a deep breath. "Now if you don't mind I would like to get some sleep, and so should you." She unlocked and opened the door; then shoved a silent Yuffie out the door before shutting it.

PhoenixNeko

Old 01-01-2016, 02:17 PM

Yuffie headed to her room with a lot to think about. She didn't know how she was going to approach this. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with Vince; however; she didn't want to cut off his options. She knew that she didn't have that much time to figure out what she was going to do. She changed into her PJs and lay down in bed to a fitful night of sleep.

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 01-01-2016, 03:51 PM

TIME SKIP

Vincent decided that he was going to buy Yuffie a box of chocolate chocobos and a bouquet of red and white roses. He wanted to show her how much he cared, and figured that a courtship would be the best. Though there was one problem that he hadn't thought of until he was in the candy store. If he were to marry Yuffie, and she became Empress of Wutai, he too would have to give up AVALANCHE and WRO. He came up with the plan then to use the next six months to find out what Yuffie wanted and then either ask her to marry him, or take a different path with their affections.

He had the box wrapped with a big purple ribbon and bow. The headed to the flower shop next door. When he got there they were out of red roses, but had just gotten in a shipment of black roses with red tips to their petals. Getting those with the white seemed an even more perfect match than the red was. It was almost as if he were saying with the roses that they belonged together. Which was what he was planning on telling her with words. Now he wouldn't need to say as much.

He bought a dozen of each and had them put in red tissue paper; to symbolize his love for her. He then headed back to the Seventh Heaven to get his breakfast and give Yuffie his favors. When he returned he saw Tifa, Yuffie, Barret, Marlene, and Denzel sitting at the bar eating. The food smelt delicious. But first; since Yuffie was already up and there. "Yuffie could you come here for a second?"

Tifa heard the trepidation in Vincent's voice; she almost held her breath. She figured that he was either going to propose marriage, or something else.

PhoenixNeko

Old 01-01-2016, 04:13 PM

The ninja woke from a night of worry and stress; which she was sure had caused her to be ravenous. Due to fitful sleep she woke early enough to help Tifa make breakfast. She wrapped her robe around her, and headed down the stairs. She knew she was correct when she got to the kitchen to find the barmaid getting down the frying pan. "Morning Tifa. I'll help with breakfast today."

The girls made small talk while they cooked and made places at the bar. When the kids, and Barret came downstairs everything was ready. Tifa served the food as Yuffie took her place at the bar. She ate in silence as the others were talking amongst themselves. When Vincent walked in the door and called her over; she left her place without question. He probably wanted to talk about the kiss from last night. He had his hands behind his back, under his cape. "Whatcha want Vince?"

It was nearing night so Cloud decided to give Tifa a call. The phone rang; she answered this time. "Tifa. I just wanted to let you know that everything is going well. I had a good ride to Junon. The ship will probably take a month to get to Costa Del Sol. How have you and the kids been doing? Is anyone there?"

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 01-01-2016, 04:23 PM

Once Yuffie got across the bar to stand in front of him, Vincent smiled. He pulled out the hand that held the chocolate chocobos and handed it to her. He watched as she opened them with a surprise. Then when she looked up at him again he pulled out the roses. "What do you think Yuffie?" He felt unsure of himself now that she was in front of him.

Tifa's phone rang and she answered it. It was Cloud. She smiled as she heard his concern for her and the children. "We're ok Cloud. We're just sitting at the bar eating breakfast. Yuffie, Vincent, and Barret are here too. You should see it! Vince just gave Yuffie a box of chocolate chocobos and a bundle of roses!" She figured that Cloud would want to know about this development.

Just then trust Barret to be paying attention to the conversation instead of his breakfast. "Wha'd you say?" He swiveled around in his chair and looked at the other two. He was stunned into silence.

Last edited by PhynnWildhart; 01-01-2016 at 04:29 PM..