fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 06-25-2017, 10:42 PM

I know this is a pretty quiet forum, but I was wondering if anyone out there is selling their artwork outside of menewsha?

I'm starting an art business to sell prints and original paintings and am a little overwhelmed by it. I have a website and instagram account and will be setting up twitter and etsy shop soon. Anyone have tips, tricks, or thoughts?

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 06-26-2017, 02:21 AM

Hmm, maybe bloodstainedwings: can help you out? I do wonder about this too. So interesting to see all those artists at cons selling prints and charms and stickers and such. o: Wonder about the difficulties.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 06-26-2017, 01:37 PM

aww kent, thank you for remembering. yes. i have an etsy shop. what help as you looking for? ping me with any questions you have. or send me messages. im on mene everyday for like 15 - 20 minutes...

with etsy, the biggest problem i had at the beginning was post or shipping. its really hard to know how much to charge. i didnt know until i starting shipping that i wasnt charging enough. so its a good idea to talk to your post office about it to find out how much it would cost for a weighted item. tracking also costs much more than not tracking... so if you want to always have items tracked and provide that information, you may have to charge more for shipping.

fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 06-27-2017, 11:49 PM

Thanks for the response guys! I'll PM you bloodstainedwings.

I'm curious if anyone else has started a business or an art business and what your experiences have been too.