HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 07-20-2011, 01:18 AM

Zion, home to over one hundred thousand humans and aliens. A battle cruiser that had long been re-purposed to act as a diplomatic station in neutral territory over thirty years ago. Protected vigilantly by the short-lived human race and maintained by thousands upon thousands of workers, security staff and kept in order by the major races;

Humans, one of the most short-lived species, extremely strong in numbers, the greatest teachers and researchers of magic and/or related technologies.
Tokirians, a lizardlike race that had evolved into an agrarian people, while still extremely capable of warfare, they rarely ever sought it,
Sha'leth, a rather secretive, humanoid race, hooded and masked, while willing to share anatomical and medical records, but not the secrets to their ships or their greater control over the forces of nature.
Kron's, a broody, large race of tough warriors and born soldiers, skin like stone and eyes like blood rubies, certainly the more intimidating, but surprisingly bright.
And the Mol'eeq, great craftsmen, with gangly bodies and an aptitude for magical technology, though relatively few in number they are perhaps the most long lived.

These five major races act as the council to the other dozens, helping to solve disputes, seeing to diplomatic sessions and negotiations as well as being the most relied upon allies.
Zion itself had been converted as a massive joint project. Once the greatest battleship of the human fleet it was to be decommissioned until it's services were called upon to act as a memorial and diplomatic station all at once.

Easy to get to for all local races, it stands a gleaming beacon of friendship and as a place to go in troubled times for aid. Merchants, travelers, soldiers, priests, wise men, they can all be found upon Zion. So too can the corrupt elements of life, but that, like many things, is an inconvenient truth that remains difficult to avoid, but the diligence of the security forces makes sure to keep it separate from those that the underworld would cause harm.

With converted observation domes, respected restaurants, holodecks and places of interest all around. It is the ultimate resort for all whom would seek its protection.
In one such observation dome, overlooking the stormy surface of the planet Babylon below, a young human woman sat peacefully, staring out across the glimmering, shifting surface, hands crossed in her lap as she observed what she could see with personal internal delight and a face that demonstrated the odd calm within her.
There were others here, but they were all occupied with their own conversations. In fact, this was probably one of the most quiet ones to visit, which made it perfect for her needs.

KillersPet
*^_^*

Old 07-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Just outside the observation dome four young workers were trying to repair a broken oxygen duct. The oxygen ducts on the ship were quite large and sometimes took three to four people to fix. As two human workers welded it together, a strange alien worker with large muscly arms and a small body held ropes, on in each hand, keeping the human two up in the air on a pulley made from the magic of a bald greenish alien who was also using his magic to hold the ducts in place while the humans worked. The markings on his head and arms glowed purple as he stood there with his eyes closed and his hands up, palms out toward the duct and ropes.

At the sound of the heat torches stopping he let go of the duct and the large arm alien lowered the humans. Heat torches were used on the Zion because it wasn't a smart idea to use fire torches on a space craft. Especially not one with so many inhabitants. The humans walked over to Hector and invited him to join them in the Galley for a few drinks. He told them no but thanked them for the invitation. He had work to do later and he needed to focus. But after his work was through he would join them. The humans walked off and the muscly armed alien followed them.

Hector took a long slow deep breath in as he usually did after using magic for work. He liked how it felt when he did so because he could feel the magic flow through him as he released and excess magic as he exhaled just as slowly as he had inhaled. Knowing he had a little while before he had to get back to work Hector went into the observatory dome to see where they were. There were monitor that showed what was outside the ship from video feeds in the corridors but Hector much more enjoyed seeing it in person through a window.

HC-Gal

Old 07-21-2011, 12:20 AM

Of Hector's friends, there were two males and one female, while two of them had paired off, it left one young man on his own with no company to keep him. And what should they happen upon but the same young woman they had passed on their way in to fix the duct. Jerome, or rather, Jerry as he was called by his companions, had seen her but not once did she look in his direction. She was dressed rather well so she couldn't be doing too bad for herself, a thermal jacket to combat the colder parts of the station, her haircut seemed fresh, hair clean and styled in an almost-cute fashion.

Needless to say he couldn't pass a beautiful girl like that twice without going for it, especially as she seemed to be all on her own. Besides, he felt like a third wheel. At least Hector wasn't a human and didn't have to worry about it as much, he, on the other hand, had to keep up a reputation or be considered a loner. Humans were illogical about things like this.
Julianna didn't even react as he sat down next to her,
"Heeey there!" He started off, but no response form the woman, she continued to look down at the planet, "Hey, babe, over here," Jerry continued, making a wide motion with his hands, but he dared not to touch her.. At least not yet. However the look on his face showed that he was being a little bothered by her silent behavior,
"Hey, I'm talkin' to you!"

Julianna turned her head suddenly, looking at the man in a strange, dull manner,
"Oh..! Hello." She replied, then looked forward again,
"Oh so you are alive in there after all, huh, babe?" Jerry asked.
No reply,
"Hey! Don't you damn well listen to people when they're talking to you?!" Jerry demanded suddenly and Julianna responded without skipping a beat,
"Not really, no. Why? Was it important? If not, do you mind going away? I'm trying to watch."
Jerry opened his mouth,t hen shut it, then opened it again, obviously stunned, he'd never had a girl act like this before, he then stared at the planet too,
"Wha-.. What the hell could you be watching?!"
"Everything.." Juli responded, looked back at the man. Her eyes had changed, or rather, they had lit up, the normal blue now glowing as if alive with energy, various small pinpricks of light on the iris dancing around it and shifting.
Jerry immediately fell back with a curse, shocked at the sudden move, but Julianna simply looked forward at the planet,
"There's a tectonic shift about to occur, the clouds will part as gases are expelled towards them and force of the surrounding moons will create a hurricane at over eight degrees latitude," She paused then looked at Jerry with an odd sort of smile, the look of some-one who was entirely fascinated, "That means it will be very big."
She looked forward again, but Jerry only go on his feet, backing away with an estranged look on his face,
"Geez.. What a freak..!" He muttered, turning away and chasing after the other two young workers.
What he didn't see was Julianna looking towards him one last time. And her face had changed again, to one of hurt, brow pressed together, raised slightly in the center and lips drawn downward, her eyes were even glossing over with signs of tears, but she just looked toward the planet again, biting down on her tongue quietly.

KillersPet
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2011, 05:11 PM

Hector had heard the conversation having been standing only ten feet away watching the planet. Jerry was typically rude and obnoxiousness but Hector had never heard him call anyone a freak before. At least not another human, or someone that looked human. Though he was typically rude to aliens and anyone who bumped into him. Hector made a habit out of staying away from him unless work made him have to help. Everything Jerome did rubbed Hector the wrong way and one time he had the urge to throw him out of an air lock and claim it an accident. But when ever Jerome was an ass to someone Hector was near by, like he wanted him to see or hear it, and Hector would try to sort things out so there wasn't and all out man hunt for Jerome on the ship.

Hector walked over to Julianna slowly and looked down at her. He could tell she felt hurt by Jerome's actions.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" he said turning to look out at the planet. He could see the clouds twisting and turning causing storms and who knows what else to happen on the planets surface.
"I heard you say there's going to be a tectonic shift. Will we be able to see it up here, or is it just a small one?" he asked looking at her from the corner of his eye. Hector loved to be able to see the storms of planets they passed. Just the shear natural power was breathtaking and made him glad that the planets hadn't fallen to rubble like his had so long ago.

Short post is short >x<

HC-Gal

Old 07-22-2011, 01:07 AM

[its fine, dont worry, lol, two full paragraphs are more than adequate]

Julianna stayed rather quiet for a moment, her attempt at interaction with that man hadn't gone so well, she was actually a little worried that it would go badly again. However this one was actually taking interest in the subject of the planet. She turned to look at him a moment. She didn't have the same reaction as most humans. Humans ha d along running stigma when it came to alien races, although they would never say it out loud, the vast majority were afraid of aliens.

But there were those few whose faces didn't change to one of momentary fright or paranoia, there wasn't that brief little period of staring at him as though she'd never seen one of him before, though truthfully Julianna never had, to her recollection. She remained calm and resolute, but then smiled, the doctor always told her, trial and error, she shouldn't be afraid to make mistakes,
"I think its very beautiful.. That other man didn't.." She frowned a bit, but then looked at the planet, his following question made her smile as she pointed towards the planet, "Look there, just a little ways in from the top left of the horizon." She explained. Just as she did so, the clouds could be seen parting, furling back, slowly, but surly, and twisting. It was slow to begin, but frankly the speed at which it was forming meant it would be without a doubt a massive, powerful force, just as she'd predicted. But from up here, it simply looked beautiful.
There was a great flare of light as the sun could be seen pouring over the edge of the planet, gases in the upper atmosphere lighting up a brilliant red to make the tornado look like a spiraling wound. It had actually caught the attention of a great many spectators, many of whom were now watching it form, some taking pictures. But Julianna didn't need that.. She'd always remember it.

She looked towards Hector again, placing her hands on her knee's and leaning back with a grin,
"I'm Julianna, I'm traveling to various star systems with Doctor K, how about you?"

KillersPet
*^_^*

Old 07-22-2011, 02:47 AM

Hector watched as the clouds swirled and spun. The rays of sunlight made it even more beautiful and he couldn't help but smile. He also laughed quietly at the others taking picture being as this might be the only time they got to see a storm like this. The sunlight stung his eyes slightly and he held a hand up to block it out. Even though the windows had special shields to protect against the suns ray it didn't stop it from hitting you eyes and causing small spots to appear. there were times he missed the feel of his home planets sun on his skin. It was closer to his planets then most and the beings on his planet were adapted to the heat and loved ever moment of it. In the colder days on other planets he visited he had to bundle up in many layers just to stay warm and he was still cold if he did.

It took Hector a moment to realize the Juliana had told him her name and said why she was here. He was still wrapped up in watching the storm rage on. Hector turned to look at her and sat down on the bench a couple inches away.
"I'm sorry about Jerome's behavior. He shouldn't have treated you like that. He's typically rude to others because he's jealous that he isn't special. He has very weak magic for a human." Hector said locking his fingers together and leaning forward with his elbows on his knees.
"My name is Hector. I recently got a job as a 'handy man' or sorts on the ship." he told her. "And who is Doctor K? I don't believe I've heard that name."

HC-Gal

Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 AM

"Your apology seems illogical.. You were not at fault, that you should apologize for the misbehavior of another makes no sense." She paused for a moment, "Though perhaps I am mistaken, are you at fault for his behavior?" She asked, giving him a curious look, but she had enough understanding to come to her own conclusion that it really was not Hector's fault at all. No, the social graces of humans, or lack thereof, was its own problem, not the fault of outside influences. If anything, aliens had opened humanities horizons up a great deal.

She tilted her head with a smile,
"I believe you are innocent of the matter, therefore your apology could to be rightly accepted." Her eyes went tot he sun, but she didn't flinch or cover her eyes, "But it is appreciated for its worth and intent." Julianna added, but then looked over at Hector in regards to the Doctor,
"I should think you have not. The Doctor likes it that way, he says it is important to keep anonymity. That way any influenced races will not be able to-.." She stopped then frowned and looked away,
"I apologize, I cannot complete that last sentence." She stated in an almost bland way, as if it was no more than a reflex action. But then she smiled and looked at Hector,
"May I inquire about your species? I have never seen your kind. I have seen many new races since Doctor K and I came here. But he says our interests lie in the older ones. Do you drink tea?" The question on the end seemed almost spur-of-the-moment as she stood up, motioning to a nearby kiosk. It was an automated replication system, credits were paid to the system and that, in turn, was used to buy more resources for further replication, a simple system, but effective.

KillersPet
*^_^*

Old 07-25-2011, 05:54 PM

"I always seem to be around when Jerome decides to act up and I apologize for him seeing as he never does. And won't." Hector said and leaned back until he was sitting straight up. He was caught of guard by her asking him what he was and her moving to the kiosk. Hector got up and followed her over and pulled his Credit Stick out of his pocket. He payed for both their teas and thanked the kiosk worker. "My planet was destroyed long ago, so it isn't a surprise that you don't know what I am. Most of my kind were destroyed with the planet. There were only roughly one hundred survivors out of a whole planet." Hector told her as his tea cooled down. It was very warm and he used magic to hold it in front of himself but he also kept his hands up by it ready to take a hold of it when it had cooled off enough.

"You also might not know my species because there is no record of us anywhere. Our planet was tucked away in a very remote region of space and nothing ever came to us and we never left the planet. We never had reason to." Hector tole her and finally took a hold of his cup and took a sip of tea. He thought for a second then asked. "Is there anyway I could meet this Doctor friend of yours?"

(Sorry for the wait. Internet was down. >x<)

HC-Gal

Old 07-26-2011, 02:01 PM

[Its fine I've been personally lagging behind a bit too ^^]

Julianna held her tea quite easily, seemingly not too bothered by the hot temperature of it. Truthfully she knew something this hot wasn't enough to scald her hands so she let it to of her mind and sat down, cradling it gently between her palms, truthfully having something to warm her hands up here was good. As grand as this space station was; there were some cold spots in it, like this observation deck,
"Curious.." She stated, "How did you get on board the station without stating your race? There would be at least that much record, you simply cannot walk aboard and be allowed to pass when you are something completely new. Either way that does not matter, you still did not answer me in regards to the name of your species." She smirked and drank some of the tea quite happily, though stared at the floating cup, magic was a commodity most people couldn't use so easily on the human world.

"Only one hundred or so of you left.. Depending on your ability to breed and how cross-breeding affects later generations.. That would mean you are easily at risk of being entirely extinct.." She pondered, frowning a little and looking towards the planet, lifting the cup to her lips again, "Doctor K says that I am the only of my kind, yet I see so many humans too, I never understood that myself. And he wont meet just anyone that he does not think he can trust. If you cannot answer my question I cannot be inclined to introduce you." She replied quite calmly, drinking more of the tea and smiling at him,
"Trust is earned, yes?"

KillersPet
*^_^*

Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM

"Getting aboard was a simple task since I was locked in and escape pod and the Zion found me. I had told the captain what had happened and he let me stay as a worker. No information needed. There is no file of me on record. Though all the staff and workers know who I am. No one knows what I am but me. On our ship my people agreed to never tell what we were exactly. Though no one would have heard of us or be able to pronounce our species name." Hector told her and he finished his tea. He felt a cool draft coming from the air ducts and made a mental note of it for later work.

Yes I would say my people are on the road to becoming extinct. If you really want to know I can tell you what I am. We are called Nyarqushu Xizothanna. Hector said. The name came out sounding chopped of and like he was gargling gravel. To any species but his own it would be impossible to pronounce. "I'm sure others from my planet have told what they are by now. and how can you be sure that you are human? The libraries on my home planet use to have vast sections of books holding information on other species in the universes. There weren't many that looked like humans but there were a few. You could be one of them." Hector said setting his cup down.

HC-Gal

Old 07-28-2011, 03:57 PM

"Hm.. So you were quite lucky.. Doctor K did say that Captain Ventralis understands such matters.." Julianna replied, smiling a little, it was a matter of personal interest, truthfully, that she found out what he was, the Doctor had always considered such things a little irrelevant, a sad fact to her really because she always believed that knowing the names and faces of the species they were trying to save was very important, so she wouldn't forget them..

"Oh Doctor K is quite sure that I am human, after all he-um.." She stopped, raising on hand to rub at the back of her head, "I cannot openly explain why he says I am one of a kind.. That would have to be up to Doctor K." She grinned a little, drinking some more of her tea and standing, but then turned to look at Hector,
"We can trust you now. Doctor K dislikes aliens who could have a political agenda, as much as he dislikes humans for the same reason. But you're unlikely to have the same sort of issue. Our ship, and home, is in docking bay forty-three."

She finished her tea and disposed of it in a nearby disintegration unit, before returning to Hector and crossing her hands behind her,
"Would you still like to see Doctor K? I'm going back to him now." She thus turned and began to walk away, though looked over her shoulder at him, thinking, perhaps hoping he would be following her.