PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-25-2011, 03:59 PM

ContessaLeandra:

Shannon bent over her computer console and stared at the codes running along before her. This was going to be her masterpiece! Turning away from the screen she went to a prone body lying upon it's back. It appeared to be a pale young man, with dark red hair and striking golden eyes. An opening upon the top of his head let one see that he was a robot, this was where Shannon plugged in the connecting cable.

Going back to the computer, the honey blond haired woman muttered to herself as she went over the programming one last time. Her client wanted him to be a perfect present for their daughter. A butler, a friend and a bodyguard all rolled into one... And he had to be completely devoted to her! It was a tall order, but they had gone to the best in the field. Of course AIs who were so intelligent they might as well have been human were just beginning to make their appearance...

Hitting a key, Shannon smiled to herself as her creation finally reached the final stage. After that, the young woman bundled him up and packed him tightly into the box. She didn't notice that the address was wrong, or that she had made a mistake in the programming. At least, she didn't notice until it was too late and the AI had already been delivered, to the completely wrong person.

(If you want me to add more or change anything, just send me a message.)

ContessaLeandra
“The first reaction to truth is ...

Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Rylie Brooks might have spent the afternoon as any number of nerds would--glued to her Quantum Theory textbook with a mouthful of Pocky. As one might guess, Rylie was a college student. She'd majored in Physics, earning startlingly good grades each semester. She lived in an apartment alone, capable of affording rent by herself due to a lofty lab assistant salary. Physically she appeared to be any regular girl. She had long black hair and dark eyes, pale skin, and an average physique and less than average social skills.

Even if she was capable of making many friends based on her appearance and interests, Rylie was intimidated by interacting with people. Given the opportunity, she would prefer to lock herself in her house and never leave. Oh, but how she loved science... That made it impossible to stay cooped up forever. Rylie shifted her glasses up the bridge of her nose, turning a page in her book and leaning in to read further, when suddenly the doorbell sounded. The girl twitched madly, alarmed by the unexpected noise. Nobody ever came to her door. She reluctantly laid the volume down on her desk and lifted herself from her seat. "Ugh, answering the door," she groaned. One of her least favorite things due to another of her least favorite things--strangers.

Rylie made her way down the hall, hesitating, before yanking the door open. A delivery man who was significantly taller than her stood on her porch with a clipboard. Behind him was a very large package sitting on a handtruck. "Can you sign, please?" he asked, holding out the clipboard and a pen. Rylie was very confused at this point, wondering if there was some mistake. But the address on the paper was definitely hers, and it was definitely her name. Had her parents sent her a present? It was big, whatever it was. "Uhm, all right," she conceded, scribbling her name quickly and returning the document to him. The man rolled the handtruck into her living room and set the large package down on the floor before making a quick exit.

"What the hell is this?" Rylie marveled, fetching a pair of scissors and cutting off the tape. She opened the package hastily, her curiosity getting the better of her. She ripped the top cardboard off finally (and violently, with anticipation), and gave a little shriek as she fell back onto her behind and scrambled backwards into the wall. At first the female thought it was a human body. It was so perfectly detailed. But, once she'd managed to calm herself down, Rylie realized upon closer inspection that it was one model of the new line of AIs--the freaking expensive kind. "Holy crap," she said. "My parents would never be able to afford this..."

Rylie looked at the return address. "Gladys Industries... That tells me nothing." She sighed, brushing her hand back through her dark hair. The AI was male, with auburn hair and golden eyes. It came with clothes and everything: a black suit with shiny black dress shoes. Butler-esque, she thought. She didn't really need...A butler... Much less a robotic one. But once again, curiosity got the better of her. "...I guess I can fire it up." Rylie's Quantum theory book had been all but forgotten as she fumbled around the back of the AI's neck for the start button. It was hidden just under his hair where his neck met his scalp.

Click.

Last edited by ContessaLeandra; 10-25-2011 at 07:56 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-25-2011, 08:55 PM

Life seemed to infuse the robot's golden orbs, and a sappy smile flickered across his face upon the sight of this young woman. Leaning forward, he picked her up and gave her a gentle hug. "Oh, I'm so glad to see you! We're going to have so much fun together! I can't wait to show you how to tie your shoes and cook! There's plenty of games..." Releasing the young woman, he stared at her for a few moments then shook his head. The red haired robot tried to figure out why the girl was so much older then she was supposed to be. He'd been programmed for a child, not a young woman and even so a mistake had been made in his programming. "I'm forgetting something important, ah yes.. My name is Beauregard, I'm to be your butler and friend."

This AI had absolutely no sense of right or wrong instilled within his programming. It had been so automatic for Shannon to think he would already know, that she'd completely forgotten. Because of this Beauregard had absolutely no idea that what he did next wasn't appropriate. Moving forward he bent down to stare at this girl's chest, then brought one hand up to poke it experimentally.

Shannon had figured out her mistake two days after Beauregard had been sent off. The contract had been cancelled, but she'd already begun to create another AI. Gladys Industries, her mother's legacy, would live on despite this error. The blond was determined nothing like that would ever happen again. So she decided to continue with the creation of this new being. Blue eyes stuck in a concentrated frown, the young woman worked tirelessly day and night upon both the program and the body of this robot so that every single detail was perfect.

He was wonderful, and created just for her. Shannon needed company, and desperately so. She was known by employs of the company as having a horrible temper. No one wanted to befriend her, despite the fact that she was the one paying them all to do their jobs. Moving away from her creation, the young woman fell asleep upon the couch installed in her lab. Sleep deprivation made it so she couldn't even stay awake in order to see her newest creation open his eyes for the very first time. The programmer knew for certain that this time, there had been no errors on her part. At least, she didn't think so.

ContessaLeandra

Old 10-26-2011, 01:37 AM

Now Rylie knew there had to be a mistake. Despite her name on the order and the address checking out perfectly, this robot...This robot... Rylie's stomach did panicked backflips as the robot literally reached out and lifted her into his arms. It gave her an affectionate hug, looking for all the world like a handsome young man in his early twenties (certainly a reason for a socially-awkward female to hyperventilate over). "Oh, I'm so glad to see you! We're going to have so much fun together!" It had a pleasant voice, chattering on as though she were a child for befriending and raising. She was certainly not a child. If it was a practical joke or prank, it was an expensive one! No, without a doubt someone had made a mistake with the shipping information. Regardless, the robot cheerfully introduced "himself" to her.

The overriding thought in Rylie's mind as "Beauregard" released her and stared at her was that she needed to contact Gladys Industries to return him. If they found out she'd kept him even knowing he did not belong to her, they'd likely charge her the full amount. She already had enough outstanding debts from student loans! Moreover, it creeped her out to know that something so uncannily human and standing in her living room was indeed a machine. She would have to figure his serial number, turn him off without feeling guilty over it (he was just so human!), and call his creators. Rylie could only think of one excuse--flinging her arms around him in another hug. The idea did not sound so bad at first, until "Beauregard" did the most unexpected, inappropriate thing of all. He blatantly examined her chest and poked it.

"What are you doing?!" she cried, quickly stepping out of reach and crossing her arms over her chest protectively. Maybe he'd been intended for some pervert who wanted to be treated as a child, but molested at the same time. This was entirely worrisome. She was not going allow her maiden purity to tainted by a robot of all things, no matter how much she loved science and technology! "My name is Rylie Brooks," she continued hastily, "I think there's been some mistake. I think you were delivered to the wrong house. I did not order a..." Rylie trailed off, uncomfortable with calling the seemingly human individual a robot, "...A butler."

---------------------------

As the last of the program dowloaded into the robot's mind, his cranium automatically disconnected from the cord and shut the hatch. Within five minutes, his OS had rebooted, and the newly-born AI sat upright on what appeared to be a metal operating table. The heir of Gladys Industries had done an exceedingly good job on his program. He was certainly the most artificially human robot created thusfar. However, she had indeed made another error. When creating Artificial Intelligence, humans often forgot to input the most basic information--information that was often taken for granted. In particular, the blue-haired robot, who knew knew his name to be "Aidan", was unaware that he was actually artificial.

It occured to him, as he lifted his hands and examined his palms, that he had no memories. He knew his own personality. He knew his name. He knew how to respond to words and situations according to his own mind. But Aidan had no idea how he'd come to be on this table, or what had happened to him before this specific moment. It was though he had been reborn, having no inkling of what the world had been like for him in the past. "Where are my garments?" he asked no one, touching his throat as if hearing his own voice for the first time. He was not shocked by his nakedness, only puzzled. At least, it seemed to Aidan that he was puzzled.

At some point, Aidan's golden eyes drifted up from his own figure. There was a blonde young woman fast asleep on the sofa beside him. Two names came into his mind--Shannon and Gladys. "Interesting." Aidan slid off of the table, standing fully upright and surveying his surroundings. He wondered if he should wake her, but was distracted by a glint across the room. Someone had walked by the window. Or rather, a one-way mirror. He could see out, but the people passing in the hallway apparently could not see him watching. Aidan cocked his head to the side curiously, turning to grasp the door handle at his left. He let himself out into the passage, only mildly bothered by the people gasping and hurrying away at the sight of his unclothed body. "I must find something to wear," he muttered to himself.

Last edited by ContessaLeandra; 10-26-2011 at 01:46 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 AM

A perplexed expression crossed the robot's face as he regarded her reaction. This made absolutely no sense to his minds. Beauregard moved forward to try and calm her, but stopped uncertainly. This was a situation his programming had not covered. What to do when not wanted? The robot had been created to please and serve, to befriend... Without that, he had no idea what to do.

Moving to a couch, the lanky AI slumped into the cushions with a sigh. Placing his head in his hands, he regarded Riley mournfully. "What is it I did to displease you? Though you may not be the one I was intended for, you are the only one here. I-I,..." confusion etched itself across his fine features as he regarded the dark haired woman.

Beauregard could have sworn he felt the mechanical parts which composed him whirling around at a frenetic pace. The thought crossed his mind to contact his creator himself in order to tell her of this mistake, this error. Though, remembering her distressed face during the tests of his memory capacities, Beauregard simply couldn't bring himself to cause even more negative emotions to fill her.

With a yawn, Shannon blinked her eyes open and automatically looked to the table. A gasp escaped the young woman upon seeing it empty. "I can't believe this!" Vaulting up, Shannon rushed to the security cameras she'd had installed within her laboratory. It had been something her mother had fought against, but in the end Shannon had gotten trough to her. One never knew when they might be needed.

Indeed, without them the blond would never have been able to find her blue haired creation wandering around. Shaking her head, the young woman went to grab the clothing she'd put aside for him and ran out of the room in a hurry. People moved out of the heiress's way without any questions; they knew better then to that by now.

"Aidan! Come here!" He should recognize her voice, and the commanding tone in it. Brandishing the clothes, Shannon made sure that he could see them clearly. They were in a crowded lobby, more so then usual. This spectacle was bringing in people by the droves. Quietly, Shannon whispered to a security guard to control the situation.

ContessaLeandra

Old 10-26-2011, 04:03 AM

What was it he did to displease her? Rylie's jaw dropped. How could the robot be so ignorant? Wasn't it the purpose of the programmer to make certain the robot knew how to respond to humans? And, perhaps, to ask before attempting to outright poke a female's breasts?! She realized he was a machine, and that there wasn't anything technically wrong with an inanimate object touching her, but he looked so... And yes, as she regarded him from a safe distance, seated on the couch with his head in his hands... If not for the fact she'd just started him up with a power button on the back of his neck, Rylie might have mistaken him for a real man. It made sense for a girl to be uncomfortable with him then, right? Right?

And yet, Beauregard's crestfallen expression caused Rylie to feel guilty. "You didn't displease me, just... Please ask my permission before touching me. Everything is fine," she reassured him. How about that? Reassuring a robot. He was a handsome, young butler robot, but she tried to remind himself that he'd been manufactured to appear pleasant to humans. To make them feel at ease. Not that she'd had much experience with his kind before. "I don't want to get in trouble for keeping you if you were meant for someone else." Rylie sighed deeply, tugging her hair with exasperation. She could scarcely believe what she conceded to next. "Look, you can stay here for now. I have to think about this." She drew up a chair, straddling it backwards and eying the butler robot with her own mixture of confusion and reluctance. What to do...

-------------------------

The sound of the blonde female's voice indeed registered with Aidan. He angled himself in her direction, once again cocking his head to the side with a quiet curiosity. Aidan was very single-minded. Right now his mind focused and directed him to obey the woman's command and return to her. He ignored the presence of all other humans in the area--employees, visitors, and security guards alike. Pivoting on his bare heel, the AI walked towards Shannon with purpose. His attention shifted just as quickly.

Aidan's golden gaze fell on Shannon, examining her soft facial features without speaking. She was familiar to him, and yet he was under the impression that he'd never met her before. He knew her name, but he had no idea why. Aidan allowed his golden orbs to drop to the clothing clasped visibly in Shannon's hands. She appeared to be offering them to him. He took the items from her gently, first slipping on the pair of trousers and then weaving his arms into the arms of the blouse. "Thank you," he said softly, doing the buttons at the front but leaving the top two open. He glanced offhandedly at the spectators and guards. They were gradually being cleared away. Many others seemed to have lost interest now that he was dressed. But still barefoot.

The robot sighed almost sleepily, lifting a hand to ruffle his blue hair. "Shannon, I presume? I know your name, but I do not remember why. Please...Could you tell me why I am here?"

Last edited by ContessaLeandra; 10-26-2011 at 04:06 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 PM

Lifting his head, the robot smiled. Standing effortlessly, he looked at the home with a critical eye. "What I did, was it wrong? It seems my programming is quite lacking when it comes to this." The words left Beau after a minute of staring into space while he ran diagnostics upon himself. Shaking his head, he returned to his perusal of the space.

There were things here and there which needed to be cleaned, plants that had to be watered... Yes, even if this young woman wasn't the one he was supposed to have been sent to at least he could help her while he was there. "Is it good to want to clean things and help people? It's what I was created for, and to be a guardian of sorts to a little girl, but she isn't here and you aren't her." There had been something slightly off in that sentence, but it took a while for everything to be running perfectly.

Relief filled her as Shannon watched the AI coming her way. As he clothed himself after thanking her, she smiled graciously. It was rather pleasing to see how well this creation had turned out. The robot certainly seemed to be working well, with every movement a smooth one and quite human too.

Panic began settling in when Aidan asked about why he was there, and why it was he knew her. Clenching her fists, Shannon refused to let her tears of frustration fall. It seemed like she couldn't get anything right! Taking a deep breath, she smoothed her baby blue dress and smiled. "Come with me back to the lab, and I'll explain along the way." The walk back was not long at all, seeing as the security guards had taken care of their task exceedingly well.

Once there, Shannon motioned for the AI to sit down then went to the computer. It didn't take long before codes scrolled down the screen. A little disappointed sigh escaped the young woman as she noticed her mistake. Turning back to the robot, she moved forward and found the button behind one of his ears. Pressing it gently, she sighed as she put in a small usb with images of videos showing her creating him. It actually looked very much like a piercing with an earring slipped into the hole.

ContessaLeandra

Old 10-30-2011, 01:53 PM

Rylie contemplated Beauregard's words for a moment. "What do you mean?" she asked, a touch of uncertainty in her tone. "I guess that... Technically, a man should not poke, feel, or grab a woman's chest. This is a no-no zone." Rylie made a sweeping motion around said area, to visually demonstrate what she meant. She honestly wondered if it was a good idea to tell him that he had, in fact, done something that was socially inappropriate. It surprised her that the robot did not seem to understand his own actions, either. Why else would he be asking about what he'd done? For a moment, Beauregard seemed to go quiet and space out, leaving Rylie to stare at him in a perplexed fashion.

Was he the product of faulty programming? Had he really been created without a proper sense of morality? The female did not know what to think about anything now. Rylie propped her elbows up on the back of the chair, cupping her face between her hands and watching the robot as he stood up and surveyed the room. "I don't know what to tell you," Rylie said, sighing and rubbing at her eyes. "If your programming tells you that you should clean things and help people, then I think that's what you are meant to do. It's true that I'm not a little girl. And I'm pretty sure I am not your intended owner, which is why I said someone made a mistake. But it seems to me that you don't want to go back to where you came from, either."

Rylie could simply not get over how realistic the robot was. He really looked like a handsome young man in butler uniform. It felt weird to be treating him like a machine. Maybe Rylie could just... Ignore that fact? She could treat him as a real butler. She thought would make her more comfortable around him anyway, because thinking about what he really was disturbed her. Maybe she could even convince Beau to let her pay him for his services and therefore grant him a degree of freedom that robots generally did not have. Perhaps it was weird for her to want to do that. Still...She would feel better about it that way. "Can I call you Beau?" Rylie asked. "Beauregard is so formal." She laughed, then sighed. What was she saying? She hesitated in a noticeably awkward manner, stood, and then gestured towards the rest of her apartment. "Here, I'll show you around. If you want to clean after that... Be my guest, I suppose."

---------------

Aidan did as he was asked. He followed the woman, Shannon, back to the laboratory from before. On the way, she explained to him that he was her artificial creation. The concept seemed alien to Aidan; unbelievable, even, until Shannon sat him back down on the metal table that he'd awoken to earlier. The next thing he knew, she'd inserted some sort of electronic device into a cavity on his ear. The outside world went dark as Aidan felt the intrusion of the item into the cavity. Suddenly his mind was flooded with images of his creation stages. They were undoubtedly real images. If he had been human, it would have been impossible for him to have downloaded that information and see the past as one would watch a movie... Or even have a USB drive inserted into his ear at all. Eventually the robot opened his eyes, mind (or was it simply his operating system?) brimming over with new knowledge about his identity and origin.

However, because his program had already been initiated, it had started to evolve as it was supposed to--adapting to its surroundings based on intake from his "senses" and "reasoning". Had Aidan been born with the knowledge of being artificial, his thought process would have likely turned out differently. Because he'd discovered he was a robot after waking up in a strange place, without understanding the purpose of his existence, Aidan found he was terribly bothered by the revelation of being fake and inhuman. He thought he processed things in a similar way to the female seated opposite from him. After all, Shannon did not outwardly appear dissimilar to himself. Aidan knew his insides were composed of circuits and wires instead of her veins and muscle, but he simply felt...Alive. It occurred to Aidan that a robot might not be allowed to have these kinds of thoughts. He thought that if he told Shannon what he truly believed about himself, she might try to shut him down and change him. But Aidan did not want to change, with every fiber of his being; to his very core. No. He would keep quiet, and continue to experience the world with these opinions.

Instead of speaking about the fact that he was a robot, Aidan focused on addressing another subject that was eating away at his curiosity. What use did the heiress of Gladys Industries have for him, anyway? He knew very little about this new world he'd been brought into. He still had no memories, which Aidan found extremely unfulfilling. He would eventually have to make some. In the meantime, he had to do whatever job was assigned to him. That way he could keep his creator happy and unaware of his private contemplations. "Why did you create me, Miss Shannon Gladys?" the robot asked calmly. He gazed across the lab at her unblinkingly, calculating his next move. "What would you like me to do for you?"

Last edited by ContessaLeandra; 10-30-2011 at 02:24 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-31-2011, 02:14 AM

(I found the funniest theme song for our RP... I'll Make a Man out of You)

The robot butler nodded to himself after hearing such information and clasped his hands behind his back with a sheepish expression. Now that he knew this was considered wrong, he felt quite bad about doing such a thing to a nice person like Rylie.

As the young woman went on, Beau kept nodding over and over again. He wasn't sure how else to react. Maybe there was more wrong with him then he'd first thought, or perhaps it was because this situation wasn't the one he was programmed for. Shrugging, he decided that he would learn soon enough."I could go back, but I fear it might sadden my creator too much if I did. She worked so hard on me... I do not want to disappoint her with the mistake I am." Beaureguard didn't feel bad for this fact, he accepted it as a matter of course with the full knowledge that his creator had done the best she could under difficult circumstances.

The Gladys, Madame Lydia, had died in her sleep not too long after his commission had been taken. Under those circumstances, even a flawed robot knew that mistakes could be forgiven. "Call me what you wish, I rather like this new name." Smiling to himself the AI moved to stand beside Rylie with a twinkle in his golden eyes.

Shannon bit her lower lip nervously as she wondered what exactly might be going on in the mind of this AI. She might have created him, but she knew better then anyone else that his reactions couldn't be predicted. He had to be as human as possible, otherwise she wouldn't be able to forget that was what he was. It had been a far too lonely time, a lonely life, without a friend to speak with and laugh with.

The blond didn't know what she would do if he suddenly decided that he didn't want to be such a thing. And, Shannon realized that not knowing he had been a robot in the first place might have somehow altered the programming itself. In any case, the heiress found herself refusing to think of all her mistakes as she stifled a yawn.

Closing her eyes briefly upon hearing Aidan's question, she then smiled and went to sit beside him to remove the USB. Clutching it in her hand, she stared at her dress while refusing to look at the robot. She'd created him for such selfish reasons. "To put it simply... I'm lonely, I just wanted someone to talk to. Though, you've no need to stay with me if that isn't your wish." A robot might have a hard time living alone, but for one like Aidan it wouldn't be so difficult to pass off as human.

ContessaLeandra

Old 11-02-2011, 03:26 AM

Rylie found it strange that a robot would want to avoid its creator even after discovering it had faulty programming that impeded its ability to function. A machine generally needed (she could not outright say ‘wanted’, because it implied consciousness) to perform optimally, and would do what it could to make that possibly. Why would the butler be so sensitive to its programmer’s feelings? She tilted her head in question, confusion written upon her plain face. On the other hand, if Beauregard’s programming required that he help others at his expense, it made sense that he would want to help his creator by not intruding on their workplace or pointing out their mistake in front of everyone. After all, they could lose their job for such a large error as a lack of morality. Having an AI out on the market with that defect could be hazardous under the right circumstances. As with Beau poking Rylie in the chest improperly, all sorts of other social fouls could be committed. Regardless, customers sued companies for even smaller defects than that.

Rylie supposed that Beau could be a danger in the wrong hands. If he was convinced, for example, that killing another human would protect his human, he would do it. And robots were not supposed to kill people, for any reason. Humanity quailed at the potential threat of machines, especially after movies like 2001 Space Odyssey, The Terminator, and The Matrix. She should, logically, be afraid of Beau because of the potential he had. But…Right now she was his owner, for lack of another. He did not wish to return to Gladys Industries, so for all intents and purposes, he belonged to her. She would have to teach him right from wrong. It was like rearing a child, or disciplining a pet. Neither of which a Physics lab assistant and university student had time for. Still, the scientist in her saw it as an opportunity—an experiment. She could turn it into a project of sorts. This robot was not like others encountered before.

Her change in attitude reflected upon her mood openly, and upon her behavior towards Beau especially. She smiled, rather genuinely this time, and clapped the robot on the shoulder comfortingly. ‘My robot,’ she thought smugly, ‘I can take him everywhere! I don’t have a lot of friends, anyway. Maybe this is a good thing. And he can check my homework calculations! Hell yes!’ “And you can call me Rylie,” she said. “Not ‘Mistress’ or anything weird like that.” She turned and led the robot down the hall, pointing out the kitchen, the dining room, the bathrooms, and the two bedrooms. She had a spare bedroom because she didn’t have a roommate, so she thought to offer it to him as his own personal space. “You can stay in there,” Rylie said, stopping to think for a second. She tapped her index finger to her lips thoughtfully. “And we’re going to have to get you some other clothes. I’m just a college student, so I’m not rich enough to afford a butler with a tux. We can pass you off as my roommate that cleans instead of paying rent.

----------------

Aidan watched Shannon move to sit beside him, removing the device from his ear in a gentle fashion. He examined her face unfalteringly as she averted her gaze and gave him the true reason for his creation. At first, the robot was startled by the revelation. It was such an unorthodox reason to create an artificial being, when there were billions of other real beings in the world to befriend. On the other hand, perhaps it was not an unusual reason at all, if Shannon had trouble connected with other members of her species. Relief followed surprise. He had been certain that he’d been created to be a servant to humans… Cleaning houses or running other machinery…Perhaps running planes and ships so that real people did not have to risk their lives. Aidan did not want wish to be destroyed doing any of those things. He felt as valuable as any human. He liked “being alive”. “I see,” he said softly, turning away to think of an adequate response. “You need a friend? Very well. I am perfectly happy to speak with you, Shannon, and keep you company.

The robot lifted his feet, examining his toes individually. He fell silent for a time as he did this, and then dropped them back to the ground. He began to play with the fabric of his trousers absentmindedly. “Everything seems so new to me,” he said, his tone casual and even. “I know what things are, because of my programming. These are ‘pants’. I am sitting on a ‘table’. But I have never seen either of these things until now. Do you know how strange it is to see an object and know its name without ever having experienced it before?” Aidan lifted a hand and drew it through his azure hair. “And with knowing words in general… I know how to speak, but I do not remember learning how. It is bizarre, even, to have knowledge about how humans learn things, and draw comparisons to myself. I think it must be very different being a robot than it is being human.

Aidan’s golden eyes flickered back to Shannon. Perhaps he was saying too much. He should not be so openly philosophical. “You did a good job programming me, Shannon. It appears I can converse with you easily. Hopefully someday I will not bore you. I am, after all, artificial. I do not think in the same way as people do.” Aidan did not mean what he said. In his mind, and according to his concept of humanity, he behaved exceedingly human. Aidan went quiet again, unsure of what more to say to Shannon. He knew her name and some things about her without having seen or spoken to her before. But he did not really know her. It was like trying to become acquainted with a stranger he’d heard about from someone else.

Last edited by ContessaLeandra; 11-02-2011 at 03:29 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-06-2011, 01:09 AM

Each area was dully inspected by the robot in the blink of an eye. That was all it took for him to notice that he had some work to do. The kitchen needed to be scrubbed down toroughly, the living room had to be swept out... The bathroom needed to be cleaned immediately!

The thought process came to a halt at the mention of new clothing for himself and a space all his own. Beau regarded Rylie with a strange expression, one that completely perplexed yet amused at the same time. "You mean that I can have clothing of my own? But,... I have no idea what is appropriate, as we've found out earlier. Perhaps you would choose for me until I learn? And... Do I have a room to myself?" This idea sent something akin to panic trough the red head.

Such notions were unique and unexpected. A closet, a small little space... Beau would have been content with that. With a larger space, he did not know how to react. This would be difficult, but he was sure that adapting to this would be alright.

She waited to hear what he had to say as questions flooded her mind. Shannon hoped that this response satisfied him. After so much time spent on researching the human mind, the way people thought and how they reacted, the young woman had done everything she could to apply this knowledge to Aidan. He was a human, save for the fact that he had been created of metal and wires, not flesh and bones. At least, that was what he was in his creator's eyes.

A spike of worry filled Shannon though as Aidan mentioned the way he perceived himself, as artificial. Clenching her fists, the young woman vaulted up to glare at him before she knew it. "I may have created you from man made materials, you may have no actual `heart`but in my eyes you're just as human as I. Don't you dare demean yourself by saying that you're less then you are!"

After seeing her creations treated as nothing more then toys, Shannon had enough! They had feelings and wants of their own, though no one wanted to believe her when she stated such things. People believed her to be crazy, so she'd learnt to keep such thoughts to herself as she watched those she brought into the world carted away with sadness in her eyes. This time though, it would be different since Aidan was hers to care for, take care of and keep safe.