HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 11-05-2011, 01:14 AM

Arc got out of the car quickly after Sera yelled, taking his keys out and locking the door quickly before pocketing the keys and sliding over the hood. On landing he went into a light jog towards the commotion, looking back to Sera to see if she was keeping up, after all she was the one who had noticed what was going on, even as people fled in the opposite direction he was drawn to what he was seeing. In the centre of the park were the gleaming ice spires and the girl that had covered herself in the armour-like ice.

He winced slightly as the punk in red ran towards her in a rather untrained manner, lashing out with a blow that resounded loudly even from that distance, cracking the armour she wore and smashing her through one of the ice shards, but she rolled on landing, pushing herself up, or rather, seeming to slide as a slope of ice formed below her. She didn't even seem too surprised as her armour cracked and shattered completely, it was only a temporary construct anyway.

Ruri slid forward then, pushing along the ice and held her right arm out, another construct of ice forming on her arm. The frosting made it look more solid, a white cannon of some kind the open muzzle tightening before a blast of water shout out of it in a stream, the sheer velocity of the shot impacting the punk and sending him stumbling back, it was like an overpowered fire hose with tremendous pressure as she got closer, the cannon breaking apart as quickly as it had formed and her other arm swung forward, ice formed around her left hand in a thick block that seemed too heavy to carry but she jabbed it towards him with ease.
Again he was thrown back, but much harder this time, shocked by the force of the blunt attack, stumbling away but grabbing on to one of the ice spires, hauling it in Ruri's direction. She anticipated the move quite well, as if she'd trained for this, and she had, she'd learned to improvise just like this man was doing naturally. She came to a halt, clapping her hands above her head, two watery spires forcing themselves up from the ground and wrapping themselves around what the punk had been using, freezing it in place.
"Damnit!" He yelled, "You're pissing me off!" the punk added, "I'm God-Hand Warner and nobody screws with me!"

Warner raised his fist, concentrating his power into it before slamming it into the ground. The ground beneath them shook, the vibrations shattering many of the ice spires and forcing Ruri to fall, the pieces above her also collapsing, burying her in the frozen rubble.
"Hey Sera! I think they need help, you game?" Arc grinned back at her, rubbing his hands together. he could feel the rumbling beneath his feet, but adrenaline was starting to hit him. A super-hero level fight! This was so exciting! It even had a villain with a cheesy name, he couldn't possibly resist.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-06-2011, 04:28 AM

Kairn was hard-pressed to not interfere with the fight, but the minions were giving him a hard time, charging at him from different sides and generally making his life harder. He glared at them all, but the instant he went to warn one of them off, another one would dart in fron the side. They were like monkeys or something, keeping his attention off his main goal.

Finally, though, he got fed up with them and just manipulated his fire into a ring around the other six punks, keeping them securely caged within the fire. If they were smart and didn't try to escape, they'd be just fine.

He turned in time to see the ice breaking and falling on Ruri, and he half-ran, half-slid over to her, his hands, already super heated from the fire, making quick work of the ice.

"Ruri?" he asked, looking for her in the ice. "You okay?"

Sera considered for a moment, until she saw two other guys trying to sneak up on Kairn and Ruri. They'd somehow managed to escape the initial ring of fire and they looked ready to do some real damage. Then her eyes narrowed, and the grass grew, winding itself around their feet and ankles. One guy flailed before he fell, taking the other with him.

A small, self-satisfied smirk curved her lips. She could be a rather evil person when she put her mind to it.

"Yes, Arc. I think I am game." Her eyes almost seemed to glow for a moment before she took off, running lightly and easily, even as more grass grew to secure the two punks to the ground so they couldn't do any more damage. This had potential for exploring her powers more, if nothing else.

HC-Gal

Old 11-06-2011, 06:20 AM

"Oh, what the hell!?" God-hand yelled, looking over his shoulder at Arc and Sera approaching, having seen the girl capture two of his gang members and trip them out, "These bastards are coming out of the woodwork!" He snarled, standing up and turnign to look at Arc, he didn't like a wild-card in the game, he'd already dealt with the Ice Queen or so he thought, there was a Pyro and now some silly plant girl.
"Boys! Get out of here!" He ordered, though he didn't really stop to help them, no, first order of business, take care of himself as he lifted up one of the fallen Ice spires and angled it towards Arc, hurling it with surprising force. the jagged ice shard shot like a missile at the blue haired boy but he went down quickly, sliding on the grass by his knees as the white shard flew overhead.

The spear embedded itself in the ground, missing Sera entirely whilst Arc got back up fluidly and jumped, turning mid-air as he charged his hand full of energy, gathering a quick bolt and thrusting it towards the strong punk. The bolt knocked him clear off his feet and sent him rolling, his shirt suffering a ragged burn but it was perhaps the conductive power as it spread over the water soaking his cloths and zapped his entire body that really did him in.
He growled rather furiously as the last of the shock dissipated before he turned and kicked from the ground, leaping out of the park in one great bound. There went his plans for the day.
Arc came to a stop, staring as Warner retreated before looking at the other punks, they were trying to escape too, they knew if anyone saw this mess, there would be a lot of questions..

Ruri seemed to stand up through the ice that had collapsed on her, and for a moment she wasn't even herself, but the alter image vanished, peeling away swiftly, too quickly to have been seen fully,
".. We need to leave." She stated, looking over at Arc and Sera, although she had been buried, she could tell, these two were the same. But not bad like the one that had just been here.. She turned her head, watching as the truck that Arc and Sera had passed drove through the large path in the park before looking over at Sera and Arc once again, "Please, come with me." She stated, then smiled at Kairn, "Uncle Jasper is waiting. We need to see him."
Arc was still a little stunned and confused, especially when a random girl just asked him to come with her, then again he'd just done the same with Sera so fair was fair. He looked at Sera with that some confused expression,
"Uh.. Thoughts..?"
"If you do not want people to find out about you, then we must go now." Ruri added relatively firmly, it was a solid confidence that she hadn't shown before, but perhaps because urgency required she be more direct. She quickly made her way in the opposite direction, forcing the ice behind her to melt away.
Again Arc found himself a little conflicted, but she was right, he couldn't just let police come along and find out who he was,
"Okay.. Point taken.. Sera?" He asked towards the girl again, after all, he'd essentially dragged her out here. He was prepared to follow after the unusual ice-girl though.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Kairn watched the punks run off and watched the truck move away, rather tempted to try blowing it up. But then he turned his attention to Ruri again when she got up, and he quirked an eyebrow.

"Uncle Jasper?" he asked quietly, unsure who she was talking about. Jasper was an unusual name, and he'd remember someone by that name if he'd seen someone. Maybe that was who Ruri lived with?

Sera smiled at Arc's question. "That's fine with me," she said placidly. "Could turn out to be an adventure, after all!" She grinned brightly, skipping over to the other two.

"You two okay? Need any help?" She looked at them with that same, bright smile. But she was genuine about making sure they were okay. After all, if they were going to be allies, it wouldn't do to neglect them.

"I'm okay," Kairn replied, following after Ruri. He glanced back at Arc and smirked a little. "Better hurry up if you want to come with," he called before he turned his attention to Sera again.

"So. Plant manipulation, huh? That's pretty interesting."

Sera smiled again. "It is," she agreed mildly. "Although I am unsure how well a pyro would get along in a room full of plants."

Kairn snickered. "Well enough, I assure you," he said with a broad grin. "Looks like you've had some practice."

Sera hummed a noncommital answer, glancing back at Arc to make sure he was following before she looked back at Kairn. She recognized him from the pastry shop. She rarely ever went in, but she often sat in the car while her mother did the shopping.

"At least I haven't set a building on fire," she replied sweetly, referring to when he had, indeed, set the bakery on fire a month back or so.

Kairn scowled suddenly. "I did not set it on fire! It was just burning a little bit!"

HC-Gal

Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 AM

As Ruri finally got back to where she and Kairn had been, she picked up the cake box and her purse, looking up the path as the Truck trundled in her direction before finally coming to a halt. The engine on it was surprisingly quiet for such a large machine, but she didn't react to it as the old man from before stepped out, adjusting his glasses and cleaning them before putting them back on. Upon doing so he watched the other three young people following Ruri before looking at her with a raised brow.

The girl had gotten closer to him and turned the box around, opening it up so he could see the cake, a small smile opening on her face again, he smiled for that moment himself, reaching up and placing his hand on her head rather proudly,
"That's very nice, Ruri." He stated, staring at Kairn and the others again, "Who are these three? you dont normally bring others back with you." The old man questioned, but she simply closed the box and turned to look at them,
"They are like me. I can sense it." Ruri explained, looking back at the elderly man, "Uncle, they need to come inside."
"This is highly unusual.." He replied, frowning a little, perhaps apprehensive at the idea, "Very well." He nodded his approval, "Let us leave before the authorities catch up to us." He added, particularly to the other three and climbed back into the drivers cabin.

Ruri meanwhile motioned for them to follow her to the side door in the truck itself, it opened with a hiss, allowing her to climb up the stairs that had extended below it with relative ease. The inside compartment was quite spacious, a section at the back seeming to be the main storage area butt here was also was looked like a large seat that had been covered with a cloth. Two sturdy cabinets built into the wall contained secured chemicals of various purposes. There were even what looked like weapons components scattered about within.

Arc climbed in himself, staring about at the sight of it all. It was like he'd stepped out of his own world into some futuristic mobile lab. And frankly that was the best description for it. Things seemed almost pristine, technology like this was the kind of thing certain countries needed, but the costs probably outweighed the benefits, as usual. There were a couple of seats here or there, Ruri herself took position at a desk with several computer monitors linked to it.
Arc found himself just holding on to a steel handle in the wall of the truck,
"Man.. This day just gets stranger and stranger.."

The man Ruri had identified as Jasper waited until they were all on board before finally closing the door and angling away and out of sight of the main street. There was a reason he used this truck as transport. It had automatic defences, particularly for camouflaging its route. It would hack into local CCTV and rerun empty moments, even time-stamping it all correctly for the time of day.
It was almost as if they'd never been there at all..

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-07-2011, 01:40 AM

Sera was rather apprehensive about getting into so large a vehicle, but she clambered up and chose a spot on the floor, hanging on to one of the seats to keep herself in place.

"Well. This is interesting," she said after a few moments, with just a hint of sarcasm. "Unique, too." Although it probably came in pretty handy. It looked like they had everything they'd need to stay away from people, or keep hidden. Or fend off a zombie invasion, if they had to.

Kairn nodded to the driver, Jasper, before he got in after Sera. He chose to sit on the large seat in the back. He glanced around with no small amount of awe before he shook his head.

"Interesting is one way to describe it," he muttered. He had to wonder what the chemicals were, or why there were the screens in front of Ruri.

"What, is this your get away vehicle or something?" he quirked an eyebrow at Ruri, keeping his tone light and teasing. There was definitely something going on here, he just wasn't quite sure what.

HC-Gal

Old 11-07-2011, 02:28 AM

Ruri was actually rather quiet for a moment, looking towards another door that actually lead into the cabin, but she didn't want to disturb Jasper yet, he needed to find a secluded place where things could be more easily explained, she wasn't sure she could explain it all correctly, which was a little frustrating internally because she wanted to. Mostly she wanted to give them a reason as to why she'd invited them aboard, after a moment she finally steeled herself and looked up;
"My Uncle Jasper, the Doctor, has been taking care of me since my parents disappeared a long time ago. We discovered really early that I could do what I can do, but he also came up with theory stating others like myself existed, as you yourselves have discovered." She explained in an almost monotonous manner, staring blankly over to Kairn,
"This is Uncle Jasper's mobile laboratory. We have neutralized seventeen major threats similar to the one we encountered today.. He developed a suppressant that disables the advanced hyper-reactive genomes in our bodies that allow us to exhibit supernatural forces, such as your ability to control fire, my ice, his lightning," She nodded to Arc then looked to Sera, "And your plant manipulation. It is a form of forced evolution that Uncle Jasper calls a Gene Cascade."

She shifted in her seat slightly, clutching the box with the cake in it still,
"Due to its unnatural presence in the human body, the Cascade can force further physical evolution and transform the body, adapt it physically, as a survival mechanism. The process is manageable with training, but you all seem to be in the primary stages of control.." Ruri stopped, seeing the look on Arc's face, the look that spelled confusion. this seemed to be a very commonplace reaction with him,
"Wait so.. Transform? You mean like when you were wearing ice for armour..?"
"Not exactly.. You literally take on a different physical form.." She stopped for a moment, he still seemed a little stunned by the revelation, or perhaps confused, "Like this."

It took only a matter of seconds for her body to morph, her skin peeling away and changing before layering down upon itself before she took on the pale white figurine of the ice queen, her hair had elongated and natural plates of armour had formed on her flesh.
Of course this only made Arc's jaw drop, had it not been attached to the muscles in his face it would have hit the ground. He managed to crank it shut again as Ruri forced her body to changed back again,
"That's.. Like.. Not normal.. I mean.. Wow.. Really..? But like.." He stumbled on his words, trying to find the right ones, but found his jaw just flapping several times, meanwhile Ruri had lowered her head as though in shame again,
"Sorry.."

Last edited by HC-Gal; 11-07-2011 at 02:33 AM..

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-07-2011, 11:33 PM

Sera didn't look quite as shell-shocked as Arc did, and she caught on quickly.

"I see," she said quietly, scooting closer to Ruri to look at her more closely. "So you're saying that it's a genetic thing, and that with more training we can do the same thing you just did." She looked very thoughtful before she smiled.

"That's wonderful. Thank you for showing us, Ruri. I think it's fantastic that at least one of us has an idea of what's going on."

Kairn managed to pick his jaw up off the floor and shook his head a little, still kind of shocked. "So you're saying that we can all do that?"

His eyes were comically huge, and his mind went a million miles an hour, going through all the implications of that. That could be quite amazing. They'd have to train more, he was sure, but the benefits would be well worth it. Much more control, some awesome practically super powers, and the ability to 'neutralize' punks like the one they'd just run into. He was sold on the idea.

HC-Gal

Old 11-08-2011, 03:35 AM

Ruri nodded softly to Sera, smiling a little once again when she showed herself to be so approving, she really had been nervous about explaining so much that her fingers had crumpled the box in her hands partially, however it was mostly intact, the cake inside would be fine, though upon realizing what she'd done she put it out of her hands then looked over to Kairn, he seemed just as surprised as the other boy. She got to her feet for a moment, but found herself collapsing back into her chair, holding her head, she was getting dizzy..
She watched the world begin to tear itself, blur, doubles of everything, it was a strange sensation that she just didn't enjoy and before she knew it she'd fallen forward on the computer console.

Arc hadn't even noticed that the truck had come to a momentary stop, it was hard to tell now that things were going a lot smoother. No he'd actually gotten up to rush over to the girl and check up on her. It wasn't exactly a good sign for some-one to faint like that, he already considered her to be a bit paler than was normal, but before he could even ask what was wrong the door to the cabin hissed open, Jasper making his way quickly to Ruri's side,
"You pushed yourself too far again," He muttered, pulling her to her feet and leading the dazed girl to the back where the large seat was,
"If you dont mind, I need you out of that chair," He added to Kairn, grasping the tarp that covered it and pulling it away whether Kairn still occupied it or not before placing the girl on it. The actual seat was medical in appearance, perhaps more than one would expect. The girl was placed in it, her arms rested firmal ont he arms of the chair itself as he then activated a switch beside it, illuminating the area. The contraption sprung to life, a large circular cuff encircling her left arm, sharp needles protruding from the inner wring, aimed at her wrist.

The man quickly worked his way over to the display cabinet with the various chemicals, pulled two labelled Ru Ri, and poured them into a flask, the mixture turning a soft tint of gold. Once he was done he then opened a drawer with a dozen small containers, filling them swiftly, one-by-one, with the liquid, placing them in a tray and carrying it over to her, slotting them into individual pockets on the large cuff that lead to the needles,
"Woah-woah, wait a sec! What are you doing?" Arc started, but Jasper glared in his direction in a warning manner,
"Be quiet," A robotic whirring was heard and the cuff shifted, rotating once, the needles tested themselves until the liquid appeared at the tip of each needle before the first jabbed into her arm quickly, slowly emptying the chemical into the girls arm.

With his work done, the doctor wiped his brow calmly, turning to stare at the other three,
"Be thankful, or pray, that this is never your fate," He added rather harshly, it was almost as if he blamed them, but perhaps it was his own problems, "I have raised Ruri from a young age, she volunteered her powers to help me neutralize violent Cascade's, but her overexertions have cost her dearly. Taking a beating like that so often does nothing to help, either." He walked slowly back to the prepatory area for the chemicals, beginning to clean away what was left, "You are all here for a reason, Ruri has brought you here and I think I know exactly why."

Arc stared at the scene in some disbelief, there were a lot of things he could think, but the idea that this girl was being dosed with some kind of unknown chemical was perhaps the most unnerving,
"What exactly are you saying..?"
"My niece has this idea that some humans are better than they are. That there are such things as heroes. She wouldn't bring anyone to me that she didn't trust.. I'll be frank, I don't really care what your motivations are. If Ruri keeps doing this she'll be dead before she's even a full third of my age, with your help the chances of that happening are reduced considerably.. So I ask you this, is Ruri right? Are you three Heroes? Or to save me the trouble later should I neutralize you now?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-09-2011, 02:19 AM

Sera watched the proceedings with wide eyes. She'd never seen anything like that before, and she was... a little shocked to say the least. It really surprised her to see Jasper doing that. Maybe it was good for Ruri, somehow? She wasn't sure, but she didn't want to jump to any conclusions. She always wanted to see the best in people. So his question was a little hard for her.

"Well... Those people you neutralized were harmful, right? They weren't going to be quiet or helpful, like we might be, right?" She looked at Jasper for a few moments before she ducked her head. She didn't want to be one of those people. She liked her powers, she liked using them, and she didn't want to be 'neutralized'.

"I'll do it. I don't mind helping people, so I'll help her. Whatever I can do, I guess."

Kairn scrambled out of the way when he was told to, watching with some unease. He had to remind himself once or twice that she trusted Jasper and that he probably wasn't doing anything harmful to her.

He listened to Sera's answer carefully before he shrugged, forcing himself to relax a little bit.

"Well, I dunno about being a hero," he said, perhaps a bit sarcastically. He wasn't sure he believed in heroes, after all. Sure, people did good things, but no one was entirely selfless. Not in this day and age. "But yeah. I'll help. Ruri looks like she could use all the help she can get."

Even if he didn't believe in heroes, he could still help. Besides, he liked Ruri. More than he would have guessed for having known her for such a short time. Perhaps because she was like him, the first one he'd met, and because they had gotten a chance to talk. She knew some of what he went through.

HC-Gal

Old 11-13-2011, 01:40 AM

Arc listened the the conversation with a great deal of curiosity, while all the more serious things were drowned out, but most of it was drowned out of his mind when the old man asked if they were heroes.. Heroes..! The childlike innocence inside him practically exploded with joy and elation, so much so that he practically jumped the old man, grabbing his hand and shaking it vigorously,
"You've got yourself a deal, old man! Heroes!" He announced with a whoop of glee, letting go and pumping his fists into the air as he looked at Sera and Kairn, "We could be incredible! I mean if that girl is anything to go by on her own, imagine what we could do together!" he chuckled, pulling odd sorts of poses, but Jasper walked past him with an odd look, that mostly spelled out 'This kid is an idiot'.

The scientist went to the side door, pressed the release pad which forced the door to open, letting him step out,
"Ruri will wake up in her own time, come on out you three." He stated in a relatively dull fashion, the place where they had ended up seemed like an almost desolate warehouse. While a large part of it was untouched, old, broken, with damaged walkways and empty containers, a large square section of it had been turned into a quite liveable area, further scientific equipment belonging to Jasper, a medical bed, probably something Ruri had been on many times, massive computer screens relaying constant information, boards with markers and crossed off names and lists. Many targets still remained, many unnamed or without pictures.
"Ruri and I have various safe-houses like this, within the city itself and in other cities, but there is a reason we come here most. This is the ground zero, with the greatest potential activity, that and movements suggest that more are coming here, or returning." He turned to motion towards a doorway that was currently closed, "There are further facilities through there and more underground, I had originally developed this all for Ruri's sake, but I will have to retrofit her training rooms to fit your abilities. Plus while I recommend you carry on with your daily lives outside, I believe setting up quarters here would be a prudent step.." He added to the explanation calmly, rubbing his chin softly, smoothing the beard while he thought it out,
"Oh I'm totally all over any DIY we need," Arc replied, looking around the facility and the warehouse, he was already having ideas on what could be done. There was so much space.. "We may need a budget, fixing up thi splace wont exactly be cheap," He added, staring over at Jasper, who smirked in response,
"Well you aren't entirely a dull knife.. Ruri will help you in that regard once she recovers.. But if you are going to be doing this you'll need a method to keep your identities secret.." Jasper wanted to explain further but Arc interjected again,
"Costumes! If we have costumes, masks, stuff like that, we could easily get away with it, be real superheroes!"
Jasper rubbed the bridge of his nose with slight annoyance, as childish and stupid as Arc seemed, there was a freakishly odd sort of wisdom behind the idea, what better way to protect people than to appear like protectors of the people?
Besides there could even be a few things he could do to aid this whole super-hero alter ego idea that the boy was coming up with.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 AM

Sera's eyebrows shot up at the look of the place but she didn't go look around like she wanted to. She might not be good with DIY stuff, but she was pretty sure she could make herself a little nest in the trees and plants in the area. No problem.

Then she looked over at Jasper and Arc. "Really? Costumes and stuff? Yeah, what happens if we're in the middle of a park or something? Do we just rip off our clothes and we're wearing the costume underneath?"

Kairn had to stifle a snicker at that. So. Apparently the cutesy girl could bite. He was rather surprised at that.

"There are some minor complications," he agreed mildly. "But I'm sure with some discussion we could work things out."

Sera snorted and rolled her eyes. "Oh, really..." She just couldn't see herself as a hero. Really couldn't. "I'm not entirely opposed to the idea... I just think it'll be hard."

"Life's hard." Kairn shrugged. He was warming to the whole idea quickly with Arc's enthusiasm. "Look, we'll figure something out. I can help out with rearranging and whatever else needs to be done here, too."

HC-Gal

Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 AM

"I do not believe such a thing would be entirely necessary.." The doctor replied to Sera's remark, smirking slightly, it was an amusing thought, but not something he'd go along with, he could only imagine the costs involved in getting new clothes every time they had to do that, "I believe I can placate your rather enthusiastic friend if you'll give me a little time to work on something I'd been making for Ruri to use.. It's in the testing stages at the moment." He got up calmly making his way over to a large cabinet, one of the many technological pieces, pressing several buttons that forced locks to turn and release, opening up to reveal various strange devices, probably all the work of the doctor, who calmly took out a specific piece, perhaps no larger than a belt buckle.

He wandered over to a standing object under a large cloth and pulled it away, revealing a mannequin that was apparently set up in a standard dress much like Ruri's. He placed the buckle on the waist of the dress and pressed a couple of buttons. After a moment, the material seemed to shimmer, the dress seeming to warp and shift, stretching down to the ankles, splitting then wrapping around the legs, sleeves doing the same, fitting itself to the physical form. several solid objects began to appear, a sort of plating, like armour, an additional helm and face-mask growing over the head.

"Sweet!" Arc exclaimed, staring at what was essentially a superhero costume, but then watched as the material broke apart and reverted to a partly torn equivalent of its former self, the doctor looking visibly annoyed as he rubbed the bridge of his nose,
"I can get it so far before the stability breaks down, the Nanomites that work to restructure it recognise the order to change first but then the deconstruction and reconstruction programs kick in and alternate rapidly, causing them to short out and break apart. When it is actually working I'll be calling it a Nano-Transformer,"
"That's pretty cool Doc." Arc added, staring at it for a while, but then looked to Jasper again, "Nano technology.. I've studied that for applied sciences at the academy, could I have a look at the programming?" He asked, Jasper seeming rather surprised, the boy was at the academy? He certainly acted less-than-bright, but you didn't go there if you were some common idiot..
"It seems I've underestimated you.. So yes. In a bit. For now there is no rush, you can get situated with the place. I'd very much like to gain an understanding of each of your abilities so that we can better consider the path to take while preparing you three."
"Oh mine's easy, control over bio-electricity and external hyper-static manifestation." Arc responded offhandedly while staring at the Nano Transformer curiously, he was already trying to think about the fine work that had gone into it.. The look of surprise made a second showing on the old doctor's face, but then he looked at Kairn and Sera,
"And you two?"

Last edited by HC-Gal; 11-17-2011 at 01:10 AM..

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-18-2011, 09:27 PM

Sera and Kairn both looked very surprised at the nano technology, though neither said anything about it.

Sera looked over at Jasper for a moment before she sighed. "I control plants. Well, sort of. I don't really control them. I just kind of... nudge them in the right direction?" She shrugged. "I know what I'm doing, but I don't know how well I can describe it."

Kairn snorted. "So you're the plant girl." He shook his head. Then he looked at Jasper. "I control fire. I can make fire, but that's a little harder. Other than that, I can direct it, make it bigger or smaller, that sort of thing. I haven't had too much of a chance to play around with it really."

"Gee, I wonder why. Freaking pyro." Sera rolled her eyes. "You're probably one of those people that's a danger to the general population."

"Probably," Kairn agreed quite cheerfully.

Sera sighed. "Okay, so we've got an idea for our costumes, and now you know what we do. I'm probably missing something there. What else have we got to do?" She looked at Jasper. She really, really hoped he didn't want blood samples. She hated needles.

HC-Gal

Old 11-26-2011, 02:33 AM

"Hmm.. Bio-Molecular bonding and manipulation of flora, interesting.. And thermovariant kinesis..? You're practically the opposite end of the spectrum to Ruri, amusing that she would attract or indeed be attracted by you.." The doctor remarked with an amused smile, realizing how it sounded too, he was protective of Ruri but perhaps he wouldn't cause any strife, just yet. The man worked on one of his consoles for a moment and a distant churning could be heard as a pair of steel doors opened to the warehouse-like building,
"Outside the main doors there is a main control panel hidden inside a rusted lockbox, you lift the panel and key in the code 7, 8, 7, 5, that will open the doors, if left idle; the doors will close of their own accord. There is an emergency lock-down lever on the inside, this warehouse is a deceiving place, I've fortified it extensively."

Arc had listened to the code but then he realized something and hit himself on the head,
"Oh man! I left my car back at the park!" He groaned, "Think there's space for it here, Doc?" The lad asked, but the doctor chuckled, nodding in response,
"I'm sure you can make do, after all.. You will be adjusting this place as you see fit,"
"Sweet!" Arc exclaimed, turning around before falling back suddenly with a yelp of "Geez!"
Ruri was standing there, her arm wrapped in bandaging, the same that had been injected into, her eyes seemed much more alive now and so did she as she looked around at the warehouse, transfixing mostly on their new friends, Arc, on the floor, Kairn and Sera. The boy that had fallen managed to clamber back to his feet,
"You move like a spook, I didn't even hear you..!"
"A spook..?" she asked with a confused glance to Jasper,
"An apparition or ghost,"
"But I'm not-.." She paused, thinking back to what Arc had said and a little realization came to her, "Oh it was a metaphor.." Ruri turned then to Kairn and Sera, "I assume Uncle Jasper has introduced himself, so, welcome to this home," she crossed her hands in front of herself and bowed politely in a welcoming gesture,
"Oh, one more thing, I will need to scan you three, to go over your biologies and enter you into the defence system so it wont consider you as intruders, but for now we're on a low security lock-down, I dont think we have any intruders to worry about just yet.. And remember that if you go down this path you are in all the way, we have to take care of each other, we wont force you to stay, but think seriously before you're absolutely sure of this. We're welcoming you into a world of danger and even terror."

Arc swallowed hard when the doctor spoke those last words, he'd been so gung-ho about the fantasy of being a superhero that he'd forgotten the very real implications of what could go wrong, he was right, if they didn't look after each other they were as good as dead. But still normal life outside of here had been so boring, he felt at home with the idea of putting his powers to good use,
"Don't worry about me, doc," He finally stated, thumping his chest softly, "I'm in all the way."