StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 03-04-2014, 10:52 AM

I was thinking of trying my hand at RPing, because I've heard it's lots of fun. However, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I mean, I have plenty of OC's that I'm not using at the moment, but that's as far as I can get on my own. Are there certain "unwritten rules" I should follow? Proper etiquette?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-07-2014, 12:26 PM

A few things, but really as long as you are sensible people tend to help as you go. I'd offer to start a "Starter" RP with you to help you learn the art of RPing, but I'm terribly afraid you'd spend lots of time waiting on me, so I'll see if anyone else bites first ^.^'

StarDustDreamer

Old 04-05-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
A few things, but really as long as you are sensible people tend to help as you go. I'd offer to start a "Starter" RP with you to help you learn the art of RPing, but I'm terribly afraid you'd spend lots of time waiting on me, so I'll see if anyone else bites first ^.^'
Oh my, sorry for the late response! I totally forgot I made this post ^^;
That's advice I've gotten from other people, actually. I have writing experience, so that's not the thing I'm worried about, you know? I just don't want to accidentally overstep my bounds, due to inexperience, or something like that XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-05-2014, 08:46 PM

As long as you remember a few basic rules most people won't bark at you.

Firstly make your character interesting, no one likes perfect characters.
Secondly, help move the story, don't always wait for the other person to move first.
Thirdly, don't Godmode, meaning your character always out beats the other characters every time, they are perfect and have no flaws.

Most people are willing to over look other things.

StarDustDreamer

Old 04-16-2014, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
As long as you remember a few basic rules most people won't bark at you.

Firstly make your character interesting, no one likes perfect characters.
Secondly, help move the story, don't always wait for the other person to move first.
Thirdly, don't Godmode, meaning your character always out beats the other characters every time, they are perfect and have no flaws.

Most people are willing to over look other things.
Oh, so basically, just have common sense about it. Not nearly as difficult as it looks from afar! XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-16-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDustDreamer View Post
Oh, so basically, just have common sense about it. Not nearly as difficult as it looks from afar! XD
Yeah, pretty much lol.

Its really quite fun and enjoyable once you get into it ^.^

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 04-24-2014, 06:07 PM

Many times, GMs will spell out what they're looking for as well. They will say that want people that can post paragraphs, or they may not mind. They will let you know how they feel about attendance, or have something set up. If you bounce around a few roleplays, the rules can really tell you what to the GM wants and expects of their players.

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 04-27-2014, 02:56 PM

Just relax, have fun, and follow the lead of the first charecter that post. Waiting until someone posts first, sometimes gives you insight on what to expect. Trust me, that's how I got by at first.