Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies s...
Penpal

Old 07-06-2014, 10:08 AM

Part one, Cullen;

Cullen Anderson lived a quiet life, one that he enjoyed very much. His family may not have been the most rich, or the most popular, but they loved each other and they didn't need anyone else.

He lived with his dad, his younger sister, his grandmother and his grandfather. His mother had died giving birth to his sister, so neither one of them ever really knew her.

One day, at Cullen's young age of eight, his grandfather was telling him stories of a Pirate he once worked for. Rory Tyler, a dreaded sea captain.

"Boom! And then the great Rory Tyler was congratulated left and right, he had defeated the fearsome sea monster, and saved all of our lives."

"What happened then, Grandpa?!" An excited Cullen shouted out his question.

"Well, then we came to shore to celebrate, of course! And when we were there, enjoying the finer things in life.. That was when I met your Grandmother."

His Grandmother walked into the room, and finished her husband's story. "I convinced him to be through with that vile pirate life, and come live with me."

Cullen looked at his grandparents, an innocent look of wonder imprinted on his face. "What happened to Captain Rory Tyler after that?"

"Oh, from what I heard, Rory Tyler had a son, and that son grew up to be just as great and feared!"

"And then?"

"Well, then... Then.. Rory Tyler the III was born..." His grandpa sighed at this, disappointment evident in his voice.

Last edited by Skulduggery; 07-06-2014 at 10:45 PM..

Skulduggery
Penpal

Old 07-06-2014, 10:43 PM

Part two, Rory;

The Captain looked at his son, who was standing at his bed side. He didn't have long, and his son knew it. The Captain grabbed something off of the table next to him and gestured for his son to come closer.

He did as his father asked, and he felt a pressure on his head. He looked up at his father, and saw the hand falling down from the top of his head.

"No! No, Papa! NO!" The teary eyed kid screamed, "Not you!!"

The kid fell down, sobbing. Not him! Not his father! "Why?!"

The kid's eyes were covered by an object, and he reached to the top of his head to see what his father had put there.

It felt familiar, the rim poking into his hand. No, it couldn't be.

He pulled it off his head, and looked over the worn, beaten Captain's hat. "I.." The kid shook his head vigouriously, "I'm not ready, Papa!" The tears just came down harder. "I'm not ready..."

The door opened to his father's room, and showed the first mate. "Son, go to your room." The man said, "We have to deal with this." He told the kid as he walked over to the bed. "Plus, you're waking everybody up."

The kid pitifully nodded and stood up, tears streaking his face. He wasn't ready, but he had to be. His father was gone. He
was Captain now.

That was the day Captain Rory Tyler the III was born. (Well.. Reborn.)

Last edited by Skulduggery; 07-09-2014 at 02:50 AM..

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-08-2014, 04:28 PM

Are these two chapters, or two sections from the same chapter?

Skulduggery
Penpal

Old 07-09-2014, 02:51 AM

Two chapters, sorry about that!