Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:03 PM

'I need to write it down... I need to write it all down'

'That is the only way it will leave me alone... Aarrrggghhh!!!'

Adam threw his head on the pillow with great exasperation. It was 3 am and he could not sleep at all. It wasn't the first time though, it was becoming a ritual that was driving him insane with every moment that passed by.
With his eyes shut and his head still on the sweat soaked pillow, he raised his hands towards the bed's side table and searched blindly in the dark for a pad and paper he had placed there earlier. A large stack of books where piled up on the table too and a few where lying on the floor. Lucid dreaming, past lives, telepathy and spiritual connections were some of the tittles that could be read off of the books that looked as if they have been read quite a few times.

Adam took a deep breath, opened his red insomniac eyes and sat up on his bed that looked like it had fought many nightmare battles.
As he turned on the lamp which was almost buried behind all his books on the side table, light flooded his tiny room which seemed in all aspects a typical teenagers messy room. His backpack lay nearby his computer chair while his study table had more books and his computer was suffering from the same predicament his lamp was, buried in books too. But these books were neatly stacked and looked untouched. It were his school books.

'I have to be up for school by 7 am... '

Adam thought out aloud but the words died in the silence of the night. He sighed and opened up his writing pad, clicked his pen to life and decided to get it over with, but then he paused...

'I have never written a story... why can't i just make a diagram??? a geometrical shape???'

His questions faced the same fate that his thoughts did. Death... by silence.
Adam knew he had no choice, finally he started to write...

"I know I died... But then how did I wake up? I felt the sting, I felt the venom spread through my body, I even remember laying paralysed on my bed... Yet now it is all gone... How???" Maya was lost with logic as she tried to explain to Sam what had happened last night.

"It was a dream Maya, just accept it. You did not die, and if you did, you died in your dream." Sam smiled at her best friend and tried to put her at ease, "And you know what my grann-ma used to say? That if one dies in a dream, it means they will live a long life."

"Samantha Jones, I am not lying to you... I died last night, and I can swear it on my life!" Maya shouted back and too late realized her own words had spoken against her.

"That is exactly what I am trying to say... Your life... You are alive Maya Evans." Sam patted her on the shoulder as the bell rang, "Come on, it's time for physics dead girl."

Maya shrugged and followed Sam to class...

Last edited by Maha-Aamir; 09-11-2014 at 06:09 PM..

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 09-12-2014, 05:38 PM

After class both the girls had forgotten about their previous discussion because they were frantically trying to accomplish the impossible task of being at two places in one time.

"Be realistic Maya, we just attended Physics and who better than you would know that we can not, simply can not be at two places in one time. You will have to cut the next class and come with us to the auditorium.” Sam declared.

“I simply do not see the physics behind having a wedding rehearsal in a college auditorium, plus every teacher will know where we all are and I don’t want to face detention for this absurdity… I will attend the wedding and that is enough.” Maya let out an exasperated breath and walked passed her friend towards the next class.

Behind her, Sam made an annoying face and made her own way towards the auditorium, where Victoria Edward and Daniel Clyde were having their wedding rehearsal. Many thought it was utterly absurd and completely mental to have a wedding in school but Sam thought it was the most romantic thing she would ever witness in her unexcited life.
Everyone knew Victoria and Daniel were sweethearts since kindergarten and it wasn't any surprise when Daniel had proposed and Victoria accepted, but when they announced to have a wedding at school, everything went chaotic. Both the bride and groom had rich influential backgrounds and getting permission for such an event was a piece of cake, though academic life was being affected throughout the school. The teachers that complained were tactfully silenced by logic that only the end of the event would bring sanity back to school.

Sam was amongst those who fully participated in the preparations and did not mind cutting class just to be there to see Victoria say ‘I do!’ While Maya decided to take the sensible road and prepare for the finals they had in a week before the wedding. But when she reached her class, Maya saw the teacher announcing that there will be no class till the rehearsal is over after which, no one will be allowed to talk about the wedding until the examinations are over. She sounded annoyed with the entire disturbance caused by the event. Everyone else however seemed quite happy to get half the day off and ran out.

‘I can not believe this!’ Maya thought to herself and turned around to go join Sam.
Along the way she bumped into Eugene, the maths whiz of their school.
He had many a time helped her out with tough equations, thought at that moment he looked like he needed some help himself.

“Are you alright Eugene? You look like you've seen a ghost.” Maya asked.

“Aaah… No… not at all. I just feel a little woozy.” Eugene tried to smile.

“Must be all those weird equations!” Maya joked but still wondered what the matter with him was.

“Yeah, probably true… Hey do you know anything about the new guy?” Eugene asked seriously.

“What new guy?” Maya was confused, but Eugene started to back off and head for the main school gate.
“Never mind…” He was gone before Maya could ask him anything…

‘Wonder what’s up with him?’ she muttered and went looking for Sam.