Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 10-16-2014, 02:14 PM

(First page of a story I've been working on. Tell me what you think!)

Name- Unknown. Number Eleven. Abilities- Organic. Origins- Unknown. Age- Unknown. Classification- Rogue. Determination- Obliterate Eleven.

Not exactly what I wanted to wake up to this morning. So, I bet you're wondering what's going on here. What is her name? Why is she number 11? Why is she getting obliterated? I understand, it's quite confusing.

Well, long story short; Number 11 in the classification of superhuman freaks. Though they don't really know anything about me. I'm guessing they just found out that I'm technically not human. What am I? Well, to be honest, I don't know. I woke up on Earth about eighty or so years ago. Didn't know what happened, how I got here, or what I was suppose to do. I've been on the run ever since.

I get up off the cot I've been sleeping in for the past few days. Knowing what's about to happen, I grab my trusty aluminum bat and look for a way out. The ventilation is quite high, but I know a way to get up there. I place my hands on the floor, and slowly stairs begin to rise right up there. Just as two drones get to my cell, I slam on the wall and the stairs dissipate, giving me a safe getaway.

Then is the long, calculated route out of this place. Really, I could have gotten out at literally any time. But I haven't had a place to stay for a while, and I didn't want to spend money on a hotel room. I guess I could have, though, now that I think about it.

Sighing at my realization, I get to another duct and fall down about four feet, knowing that soon I will see precious outside. I've lived outside on my own for almost 80 years, why would I think going to prison would be better? Gosh, I really need to think these things through.

As soon as my boots hit the ground, I am running full throttle towards the Empty Lands, which is... Well... An open field of nothing. It's completely empty. No one comes out here, unless they're suicidal. Or if you're me, and don't mind a little heat and wild animals. I run for about six miles, then I stop, panting heavily. I know by now they would've stopped looking for me, so I'm safe. Dusting off my vest, I start walking towards the next city, which is about twenty miles out of my way. I know by the time I get there, people will be hunting for my head again.

Once I get there, I head right to a restaurant. I'm hungry and tired. It's around noon, I've been walking a long time. It's time for a break for me. So, I walk into the restaurant and sit down at the bar. The bartender walks up and asks me what I want, and I order a breakfast platter.

“So, where did you come from?” He asks.

“Just around.” I answer nonchalantly.

He nods and hands me a coffee, then says “On the house, little lady.”

I thank him, then take a small sip. A small group of men walk in and sit next to me. One of them keeps looking at me like he's seen me before, but I ignore him. Not the first time someone acted like that around me.

He walks by to go to the restroom, and I feel him run into me. The bartender warns him to leave me alone, and he grunts. I finish the meal in front of me, and then I hear a click of a weapon near my head. Slowly I sit straight up and ask “What?”

“You- You're Eleven, aren't you!?” He demands.

“Hey, get that weapon out of my restaurant!” The tender shouts at him, “Before I call the police!”

The man pushes the gun into my head and shouts “Answer me! Now!”

I stand up and say with a smile, “Well, I can't be a number, now can I?”

Then I hand the bartender the money for my meal, thank him, and leave. Then the group of men follow me, demanding that I tell them if I am the 'notorious villain that escaped from prison or not'. I haven't done anything, so how could I even be a villain!?

I say “Well, seeing as I haven't done anything, and the closest prison is nearly twenty miles away, don't you think it's possible you're insane?”