CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-16-2014, 11:50 AM

I'm really into manga that are disturbing. I like to test my emotional endurance by reading them. Any good ones you know of?

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 12-17-2014, 04:34 AM

That depends on how far you're willing to go... because I can point you towards some really, really messed up stuff.

On second thought, that would probably be a very, VERY bad idea. Forget I said anything.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-18-2014, 01:31 PM

Hey, come on. Don't leave me hanging like that. I'm willing to go very far. And I mean, VERY far. I'm just trying to test myself. So go on, out with it

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 12-18-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneKira View Post
Hey, come on. Don't leave me hanging like that. I'm willing to go very far. And I mean, VERY far. I'm just trying to test myself. So go on, out with it
Believe me, I've seen some stuff that would scar even ME.

Best I can do is direct you towards some stuff by Shintaro Kago -- his stuff is pretty creepy/disturbing, but not as bad as other guro stuff. Obviously, it's NSFW, though, so you've been warned.

la-la-london
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-29-2015, 11:24 AM

I read this really weird manga called "Fasting" the other day. It's pretty short, it's about a girl with an eating disorder and it gets so abruptly creepy at the end that it's kinda funny in a twisted way lol it just came out of nowhere. Another one is "Blood Slurping Darkness," which is also about a girl with an eating disorder but it starts getting weird pretty early on (it's also short). I'm not sure that I'd call either of them "good" really but they definitely disturbed me lol. I should've known that the first two eating disorder manga I found would be some bizarre horror stuff. Oh japan.

Oh! I started reading this one horror manga called "Higanbana no saku yoru ni" and the subject matter it deals with is highly disturbing in and of itself. The main character is a little girl who is being sexually abused by her teacher and it gets very dark. Some of the dialogue is kinda narmy but there's this whole plot about "the seven mysteries" at the girl's school, which are a bunch of urban legends that are actually real and controlled by spirits. I never finished it though

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-29-2015, 06:48 PM

Have you heard of Elfen Lied?

la-la-london
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-30-2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Have you heard of Elfen Lied?
Ooh, that one's pretty gory.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2016, 10:50 PM

If you are after gore, I may not know much about it. I see that Elfen Lied have been mentioned, I can also recommend Tokyo Ghoul and an older movie called Akira - that one is a classic and an absolute must watch for very true anime and manga fan. ;)

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-06-2016, 12:19 AM

I read a really screwed up yaoi manga once, and when i saw how bad it was getting I stopped.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-06-2016, 10:43 AM

What was it called? :o

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-08-2016, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinLin View Post
What was it called? :o
Love Prism I think? It was where an older brother was abusing his younger brother and forcing him to be in a relationship because he thought that's what he had to do to be a man. (he was scared in his childhood apparently) It got to the point in the story where the younger brother wanted to end it all so the older brother threatened to kill them both if he ever left, and then the manga ended on that note because the mangaka died.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-08-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyGrim96 View Post
Love Prism I think? It was where an older brother was abusing his younger brother and forcing him to be in a relationship because he thought that's what he had to do to be a man. (he was scared in his childhood apparently) It got to the point in the story where the younger brother wanted to end it all so the older brother threatened to kill them both if he ever left, and then the manga ended on that note because the mangaka died.
Omg, that's terrible! :o
But, prettily drawn. <3

I read a similar manga once, let me see if I can find it... I am not into incest, but it was by one of my favorite authors, so I gave it a go.
Ibitsu na Kakera Manga - Read Ibitsu na Kakera Manga Online for Free

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-16-2016, 08:17 PM

I'd like to recommend King of Thorn! I'm not sure if it counts as disturbing? It's got some pretty gore-y moments but overall it ends on a really positive note! But yeah, there's a lot of scenes where people get straight up eaten by giant monsters, and one of the characters ends up plunging their bleeding arm into alcohol, crumbling into stone, and turning into a griffin.

Another great one is Bio-Meat! It's another survival horror. Basically, Japan has created this creature that multiplies at an astonishing rate and can eat anything in order to solve the food crisis. One of them gets out, and long story short well...Humans become some of their favorite food. There's a couple arcs in the story, and I really enjoy the whole thing :)

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-19-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinLin View Post
Omg, that's terrible! :o
But, prettily drawn. <3

I read a similar manga once, let me see if I can find it... I am not into incest, but it was by one of my favorite authors, so I gave it a go.
Ibitsu na Kakera Manga - Read Ibitsu na Kakera Manga Online for Free
Wow, i checked it out, it was pretty screwed up!

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-20-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyGrim96 View Post
Wow, i checked it out, it was pretty screwed up!
Right? XD Her other works are way better though. :3 I hate incest.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 07-20-2016, 05:31 PM

I remember Milk Closet was pretty weird.

VixieMooCow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-30-2016, 12:56 PM

i love disturbing anime (and pervy stuff)... i read When They Cry quite alot.. if you haven't read it and your into dark stuff give it a go

Brin
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2017, 04:33 PM

I would suggest battle royale, Higurashi when they cry (not the anime) manga or visual novel is better imo.

Last edited by Brin; 02-23-2017 at 07:51 PM..

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2017, 05:17 PM

There's one where I can't think of the name. Earth is dying or some such, so we shoot cockroaches to Mars to prep the soil and whatever, and decades later the investigative team is killed by guant mutant cockroach men. So Earth sends teams from different countries who have their DNA spliced with other bugs to Mars to fight. It's... interesting

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 03-06-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namune View Post
There's one where I can't think of the name. Earth is dying or some such, so we shoot cockroaches to Mars to prep the soil and whatever, and decades later the investigative team is killed by guant mutant cockroach men. So Earth sends teams from different countries who have their DNA spliced with other bugs to Mars to fight. It's... interesting
Terraformars?

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-07-2017, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
Terraformars?
YES. Those cockroaches are honestly nightmare fuel.

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 11-09-2020, 03:21 AM

I recommend the various works by Junji Ito such as Gyo, Tomie, Hellstar Remina, and Spiral. He also made many other good tales. His artwork is also amazing!