Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 02-01-2011, 01:50 AM

"YOu may stay here and rest Callista. I can not sit here and just let you get harmed like this. I will go and talk to pharoah. You two are to stay right here and not move."
She marched out of her room and down the hall towards the throne room.

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 02-01-2011, 02:22 AM

Callista shook her head fervently at Karasu's question. "No, no. His Highness didn't seem to mind... It was just a guard that got the wrong impression." Her eyes widened in surprise when Irisi stood and said what she did, Callista pleading with her not to go, "Oh, please! My Lady, you musn't-" However, she marched out the door without a second thought. Sighing, Callista pouted, still sitting upon the floor. Glancing over at Karasu, then looking at the door, Callista got up in a rushed fashion. "I cannot simply stay here and rest. There's much to do..."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-01-2011, 06:02 PM

"I have been here too long," Karasu murmured, struggling to remove herself from the bed. "I have other duties to attend to and I cannot abandon them or my pharaoh simply because I am unwell."
She struggled to her feet, a little out of breath but alright for the most part which was good. She wasn't nearly as sore as she had been earlier and the fact that her leg didn't shake when she put pressure on it was a very good sign.
"I must go, it is nearly the time when Ra's golden boat once more enters the underworld and I must collect the sleep braught from the merchant and give it to the palace healer."
She couldn't allow Calista to do this for her too. The other woman had other things to deal with and Karasu couldn't let her do it, this was her responsibility, gifted to her by the Pharaoh himself, and she did not intend to dissapoint him. She would deliver the sleeping potion to the healer before the sun set.

-o0o-

Sekmeht sighed as she stepped from her chambers. A slave had brought her some dinner a while ago but she did not have much of an apitite at the moment and her mind was too restless to even considder trying to sleep.
Besides, it was nearly night and night was the perfect time to begin her mission. She strode down the palace corridors as if she had a right to be there, (which, of course, she did since she was a noble) and made her way towards the furthest slavequarters from the palace. She should start as far away from the palace as possible and then work her way inwards. The most loyal slaves were always housed closer to the king and his court as they were the least likely to attack or rebel.

Last edited by Magician Girl Mirani; 02-01-2011 at 06:05 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 PM

Callista would merely nod in response to Karasu, not suite happy that she had to go back to working like that, but that was just how it had to be. Besides, Callista had her own duties that needed to be tended to. After working in the kitchen for a while for help prepare dinner for the nobles in the castle, she made her way over to the slave's quarters. She held residence in the furthermost quarters, but not quite because she was rowdy, or anything. Back in her homeland, she had been a noble herself, living in the palace with many of the other Greek slaves here having known and respected her. They had been a household without slaves, which made Egypt much different, but being with her people always made her feel at home. Some of Callista's ex subjects still even bowed to her, though they wouldn't dare to do that in the presence of a noble or guard. On her way inside, she passed a noble woman, one that she recognized from earlier, but she didn't dare to look directly at her, simply scurrying inside.

---

Seth stood guard outside the outermost section of the slave quarters, meant to be watching out for those on the run. Of course, he knew, that if he found anyone on the run he'd rather take a beating for letting one go than capture them. After all, his loyalties lay within the underground resistance mechanisms in work here in Egypt. Spotting Callista, he held in a grin. He would have greeted his fellow Greek if not for the noble woman walking by. That action would've been a horribly stupid way to blow his cover.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 PM

As Sekmeht appraoched the slave quarters she recognised the slave girl from earlier. She smiled to herself. This was good. She turned her head and studied the guard. He was a little paler then the average egyptian and she saw the expression on his face as he watched the slave girl. It wasn't one of contempt or hatred as many of the guards had towards the slaves. She thought that maybe he could be trusted.
Sekmeht walked up to him quickly.
"You are known as Seth, yes?" she enquired.

-o0o-

Karasu managed to complete all her duties for that night. She was extremely proud of herself. She had not failed her pharaoh and had completed all the tasks that had been gifted to her.
She smiled as she settled down in the slave barricks closest to the palace. There were not as many slaves here as in the outer houses as only trusted slaves were given places here. Karasu felt honoured to be given something so precious.
She did not talk to any of the other slaves as she entered and merely headed for her own small sleeping area. She lay down, closed her eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM

Irisi made her way to the pharoahs throne room and nodding to the guards she walked in. She gave a small bow to pharoah out of respect and then walked up towards him.

"Nice to see you are settling in my dear. Now tell me what I can do for you." The pharoah had a slightly amused expression on his face.

She stared at him a moment before speaking.
"I wish to discuss the treatment of your slaves. I understand that they must be made to mind and such but I do wish physical punishment would not be used. I have met two slaves who are scared to death of me and seem to be injured many different ways. I would like it if you would be sure your guards do so no longer."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Finx walked the halls of pharaohs home deep in thought. *Who could he take a priestess as a bride. The gods already hate him. Why make it worse?* She sighed *is it because we displease him? He hasn't even come near me in all the time i have been here.* She shook her heard. *I shall eat and then take a bath.* "SERVANT." She called as she neareed her room.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM

Karasu was roused from her sleep by someone shaking her. She opened her eyes to stare into the face of another slave.
"The Pharaoh's bride, Finx, is calling for a servant to fill her bath," the other servant explained quickly. "Everyone else is already busy. You will have to go."
Karasu was instantly awake and hurrying from the slave quarters as fast as she could. She arrived by the side of Finx as quickly as she could and bowed respectfully.
"Mistress," she murmured. "What is it that you require?"

Talitha001

Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM

Irisi stared at pharoah as he laughed. He laughed at her. How awful.
"Dearest one I will do as I wish with my slaves. You shall have to just defend them and nurse them back to health. Now leave. Also I expect you to meet me for dinner tonight on the balcony of my chambers."
He dismissed her with a wave.
Irisi was so mad. She stormed back to her room. The girls were gone. It figured. She threw herself down on her bed and cried. She wanted to go home.

Arc Angel

Old 02-04-2011, 10:43 PM

Seth very nearlgy gulped as he was approached by a woman of nobility, expecting the worse. Did she know about his heritage? Where his loyalties lay? Did she know what he had been doing? He almost cringed at the thought, instead standing up straight as he was adressed, shoulders back, chin up, eyes forward. "Yes, My Lady." he paused, uneasy, "What is it that you require of me?"

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-13-2011 at 05:57 AM..

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 PM

Sekmeht smiled at the guard.
"Be unafraid," she murmured to him. "I am no enemy of yours, or the people kept here. You have nothing to fear from me, Child of Athens. That is where you are from is it not?"
Sekmeht smiled at him, a genuine smile. "I know why you are here and I have come to assist you in your bid to help these people."
Her gaze drifted to the slave quarters and a tight line was formed by her mouth as she took in the bad condition of the place.

Arc Angel

Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 AM

(Sorry this took so long-- I could've sworn that I had replied.)

Seth kept a straight, serious face until the noble woman before him mentioned his homeland. Athens. He fondly remembered it, and remembered it vividly, since he had left it not very long ago. He knew very well that he could leave now, and be well on his way to arrive there in a few mere days, however; he had a job to do and would not rest until he saw it done and done well. His eyes rested upon the noble warily for a moment before he dare reply, "I hail from Athens." he paused, gathered some courage, then completely ruined his cover. "I was sent by my true king." Another pause, as curiosity came to him, a slow grin coming to his face, "And how exactly do you plan to help?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-13-2011, 03:15 PM

Sekmeht took note of the smile crossing the guard's face and smiled in return. Hers was a cat like smile and her eyes glinted as she met the gaze the taller guard.
"It is simple really," she practically purred. "I intend to free as many slaves as I can, starting with the outer groups that can be moved more easily. Tomorrow I have set up a cart that can take a mazimum of thirty slaves away from here. From there they will be transferred to a barge that is docked on the Nile."
She had a web of contacts all throughout Egypt and had pulled a few of those strings in order to supply the cart and the barge. The men that drove the cart and captained teh barge would not say anything, they were handsomely paid and she knew that they could be trusted not to speak out of turn. They couldn't afford to if they wanted to keep in good grace with a member of the pharaoh's court after all.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:50 AM

Is this still alive? I don't think so.