CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:50 AM

Banner made by zigbigadorlube!

Welcome to the Winter Nights, 2014-2015 avatar contest! This contest is your opportunity to dust off your wardrobe, dig deep into its depths, and see what you can come up with! Celebrate the holidays with a bit of retail therapy! (And get rewarded for it!)

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-22-2014 at 03:29 PM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:51 AM

Rules and Prizes

I'm doing things a little different than usual this time, so please read carefully! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. :) There is an on-going group contest and a new contest every two days to keep your wardrobe hinges creaking throughout the event!

Good luck!

General Rules
  • Be considerate of your fellow users. If anyone is particularly rude, I may ask them to leave the thread for the duration of the event.
  • You may enter once per contest using one account. If you have a second account (a mule) and submit a second entry, it will be disqualified. Charity mules, however, are permitted to enter.
  • Please use the entry form! I will not notice your entry if it's not submitted using the form.
  • Use a hosting service for your image. (Photobucket, imgur, or your Menewsha photo album, for example.)
  • Entries must be submitted before the end of the event. If you PM me before the end of the event, I can edit your submission if you need to alter it, but please be courteous and not change your entry more than once.

Specific Rules: Group Contest
  • You are only allowed to be in one group.
  • Each entry must consist of at least two different users.
  • No, your mule (second account) does not count as another user.
  • Charity mules are encouraged to try to round up the regulars of their charities for an entry or pair up with other charity mules.
  • Your group can consist of as many users as you can round up, but only one of these users can submit the final entry.
  • DAC entries are allowed, but I still don't like them, so it's better if you can do your entry without the DAC!

Specific Rules: Island Challenges Contests
  • Follow the contest prompts properly. If an element isn't there, I might not notice until it comes down to judging, so you're expected to pay careful attention yourself and ask questions if you have them.
  • The earlier you submit your entry, the more points you get. So try not to spend too much time over-thinking it!
  • An entry is still counted as getting the bonus point for early submission provided I haven't posted the next contest - so submit it anyway if I'm running late! I intend to change over the contests at just after midnight of the new day. You can check what day and time it is for me using this clock.
  • Use your own inventory only. (No DAC avatars.) Be creative with what you have!

After the event is over, I will judge each Island Challenge entry according to the following criteria:
  • (disqualified) = Does not meet the criteria for the prompts. (You earn no points for it, not even submission points.)
  • +0 = Meets criteria.
  • +1 point = Meets criteria and particularly delights me.

Prizes: Group Contest
Each member of the winning groups will win the following:
✪ First Prize - 5,000 gold + their choice of any 2014 cash item (Contribution Item or Mennies Item) or another 3,000 gold.
✪ Second Prize - 3,000 gold
✪ Third Prize - 1,000 gold

Prizes: Island Challenge
✪ First Prize
The three users with the top number of points earned may each choose 1 CI and 1 Mennies item, each with an average price 15k or under on the Marketplace.
✪ Second Prize
The three users with the second-most number of earned points may each choose 1 CI or Mennies item with an average price 15k or under on the Marketplace.
✪ Third Prize
The three users with the third-most number of earned points may each choose 1 CI or Mennies item from 2014.

Don't worry - if there are five people tied for the same number of points, they'll all earn the same level of prize. (For example, if the top earners of points were 12, 11, 10, 10, and 10, then all of them will earn the first prize.)

Notes
  • It will likely take me a week or two to judge the contest. Please be patient.
  • The results will be posted in the Community Discussion forum after the event. The users who have won an item or items will be pinged to the thread.
  • If I do not hear back from these users after a few days, I will send them a PM, giving them a deadline to get back to me before they forfeit their prize(s). So please remember to check back after the event regularly if you submitted to this contest!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:52 AM

Group Contest: Celebrating the Holidays

For this contest, I want to see a group celebrating the holidays or representing famous imagery associated with the holidays! Maybe you want to create a scene of Santa and his elves? Recreate the characters from the Nutcracker Suite? A family celebrating Christmas morning? What about a family celebrating Kwanza? Illustrating a popular holiday song?

Be creative and make sure your group is cohesive and "fits together"! (Or be prepared to explain why they don't!)

Please fill out this form and post it to the thread to enter this contest:
Code:
[B][SIZE="6"][color=#4B57E8]★ G[/color][color=#4861E7]r[/color][color=#456CE7]o[/color][color=#4277E6]u[/color][color=#3F82E6]p[/color][color=#3C8DE5][/color] [color=#3997E5]C[/color][color=#36A2E4]o[/color][color=#33ADE4]n[/color][color=#30B8E3]t[/color][color=#2DC3E3]e[/color][color=#30B8E3]s[/color][color=#33ADE4]t[/color][color=#36A2E4] [/color] [color=#3997E5]E[/color][color=#3C8DE5]n[/color][color=#3F82E6]t[/color][color=#4277E6]r[/color][color=#456CE7]y[/color][color=#4861E7]! ★[/color][/SIZE][/B]
[b][u]Users in this entry:[/u][/b][List of usernames here.]
[b][u]Entry theme:[/u][/b] [What are you representing?]
[b][u]Commentary:[/u][/b] [Need to explain something else about your entry?]
[b][u]Image(s):[/u][/b] [Group avatars here.]
What you need to know:
  • Submissions are accepted until the end of the event.
  • Group entries do not earn points.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Group Contest Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
Users in this entry: bloodstainedwings, Cardinal Biggles, Dystopia, HamletSpamlet, KatMagenta, ~LONGCAT~
Entry theme: A Christmas Carol
Commentary: Theme taken from the Dickens' Classic, with victorian illustrations and textual details as reference
Image(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme View Post
Users in this entry: CrimsonShadow (as Santa), Wings of Writing (as Jack Frost), Kilia (as Tooth), Esmme (as Sandy), blueblackrose (as Bunnymund), Elirona (as Pitch)
Entry theme: We are ... the Guardians! From something called "Rise of the Guardians," if you're familiar with it. ;)
Commentary: Well. There we were, just minding our own business. We were suddenly called to meet - I blame the Man in the Moon. It's usually his fault. I digress. We were to meet at Santa's toy shop in the North Pole to discuss a problem. Or, the problem we like to call Pitch. The Boogeyman is what he used to be called. Most of us are still trekking through the snow to get to Santa, so forgive us if something happens to your presents this year. We don't mean to interrupt. Oh, and sorry if you start receiving Easter Eggs. Bunny got carried away with helping Santa deliver the presents.
Image(s):
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
Users in this entry: Xogizmoox, Nephila, SuperZombiePotatoe, sjacklene, Maha-Aamir, fireprincess
Entry theme: How the Grinch stole Christmas
Commentary:

picture referencesX

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Image(s):

fireprincess (The Grinch), Maha-Aamir (Max the dog), sjacklene (Martha May Whovier), Xogizmoox (Whoville citizen), Nephila (The Christmas Tree), SuperZombiePotatoe (Cindy Lou Who)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xo~GREMLIN~oX View Post
Users in this entry:
Phobos and Deimos , xo~GREMLIN~ox , Utopia , and GummyBearKisses
Entry theme:
HELPING THOSE IN NEED ESPECIALLY AT THE HOLIDAY SEASON (salvation army bell ringer / toys for tots sorta but mene style)
Commentary:
[Need to explain something else about your entry?]Phobos and Deimos represents The new users first stop ... Xo~GREMLIN~oX represents Gizzie pocket full of sunshine ... Utopia represents Utopia charity ... GummyBearKisses represents "a newbie" ... Our avis are all dressed plain and simple because we give all our things away its a charity no need to have a blingy avi , when newbies join we look in our "gift pile" and give ... Gummy is modeling what a newbie may receive from us (one possible outfit) ... the charity avis are dressed in our charity themes Phobos along with the crow run new users first stop they are bird themed ... Utopia along with roachi run utopia charity and they are tropical paridice themed ... and Xo~GREMLIN~oX along with Gizzie are all gremlins themed ... each charity is like the mene islands different themes all into one
Image(s):
[Group avatars here.]

OUR GROUP
Phobos and Deimos , xo~GREMLIN~ox and Utopia (charity avis)

The New User's FIRST STOP, ~GIZZIE,S POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE CHARITY~ ,♥ Utopia Charity ♥

GummyBearKisses (newbie volunteer)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Island Contest One:
Zajac and the Isle of Cacao

CLOSED

SPOILERX

For their part in the inter-island Winter Nights festival, Zajac and Cacao are supplying recipes and some of the ingredients for various sweet treats for the holidays. Let's honor these two cultures by dressing up as inhabitants from the island! You don't have to show them celebrating Winter Nights, but it might be worth your time to try!

Choose one island from the following:

Zajac
Home of the bunny people! This is where the Easter Bunny and his assistants come from! While not everyone who lives on Zajac is a bunny person (and some bunny people are more rabbit-like than others), it's safe to say that most of them are. Aside from the Easter industry, a significant number of Zajackalopes are vegetable farmers or bird ranchers.
Requirements: For this entry, please include feathers somehow. You also need bunny ears.

Isle of Cacao
The Isle of Cacao, the Chain's major supplier of chocolate! This small island is populated almost entirely by those working in the chocolate production industry - either with cacao plantations or chocolate factories or the chocolate shops that line the harbor. The Isle neighbors Zajac and sits along a nice jet stream that keeps the island near-tropical even in winter.
Requirements: For this entry, please include a chocolate color on the avatar and include a background related to the avatar's job on the island.

Code:
[B][SIZE="6"][color=#25AE1C]★I[/color][color=#28A91C]s[/color][color=#2CA51C]l[/color][color=#30A11C]a[/color][color=#349D1C]n[/color][color=#38991C]d[/color][color=#3C951D] [/color] [color=#40911D]C[/color][color=#448D1D]o[/color][color=#48891D]n[/color][color=#4C851D]t[/color][color=#50811D]e[/color][color=#547D1E]s[/color][color=#57781E]t[/color][color=#5B741E] [/color] [color=#5F701E]O[/color][color=#636C1E]n[/color][color=#67681E]e[/color][color=#6B641F] [/color] [color=#6F601F]E[/color][color=#735C1F]n[/color][color=#77581F]t[/color][color=#7B541F]r[/color][color=#7F501F]y ★[/color][/B][/size]
[b][u]Username:[/u][/b] [Your username]
[b][u]Island Represented:[/u][/b] [Which island are you representing?]
[b][u]Image:[/u][/b] [Your entry here.]

What you need to know
:
  • Submissions are accepted until December 26th.
  • If you submit your entry before I post Island Contest Two, you will earn +3 points.
  • If you submit your entry after I post Island Contest Two, you will earn +1 point.
  • This contest is for "December 22nd and 23rd". I will try to change over the contest on December 24th at just after midnight. This is my current time and date.
  • If your entry does not fit the requirements, it will be disqualified. Please read the requirements carefully.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:53 AM

Island Contest One Entries

CLOSED

SPOILERX

+3 points submissions: Isle of Cacao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Username: Nephila
Island Represented: Isle of Cacao
Commentary: Nope just a little cutie pie harvesting some yummy cacao
Image:
Quote:
Username: Esmme
Island Represented: Cacao
Commentary: This farm? Meant for raising cream cows. They love the trees and soft grass. Sounds odd, but really, what kind of chocolate doesn't need some creamy milk? I've always loved milk chocolate.
I'm new to my job, but being the creamy cow milker isn't a bad job! This stuff is so good, I can't help myself! I know what I'm getting for the holidays. Fat.
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Username: Chexala
Island Represented: Isle of Cacao
Commentary: Chex is dressed up like a waitress at a seaside chocolate cafe, where tourists can sample all sorts of chocolate treats, from hot cocoa to chocolate cake to chicken mole. She is wearing the mandatory chocolate cake hat which is part of the cafe uniform, and ready to deliver cake to a customer. :3
Image:
Quote:
Username: fireprincess
Commentary: An eat-in chocolate shop on the harbor
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimzica View Post
Username: Whimzica
Island Represented: Cacao!
Commentary: She is a mischievous pirate-lady making off with some baked goods from the island's cafe!
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Username: Elirona
Commentary: A teenager who works on his father's farm of chocolate egg-laying chickens! He doesn't like to work with his shirt on, since the sun likes to beat down most days.
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBearKisses View Post
Username: GummyBearKisses=)
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?] Cacao=)
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?] Me and the piggy are hunting truffles for the chocolate truffles=)
Image:

+ 3 points submissions: Zajac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Username: shadami
Island Represented: Zajac
Commentary: I am a zajackalope chicken farmer. I collect the easter eggs they lay. Though this one is pesky and insists on wandering so I have to keep it on a leash. At least i have extra feed in my pouch encase she gets hungry.
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
Username: SuperZombiepotatoe
Commentary: I work at Baby Bunnies Daycare center, where I look after these little demons angels while Satan their parents are having a good old laugh away at work. It was supposed to be storytime, until one of them decided to bring out a carrot. Now it turned into... well, this. Though, I should be used to it by now. It's not like it doesn't happen every freakin' day. I just wish that one little fellow hadn't bitten me yesterday. Running would be much easier.
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Username: Dystopia
Commentary: No, you don't understand. He is celebrating.
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Username: star2000shadow
Commentary: Nope just a worker packing up some coco beans for shipping. it's hard work you know.
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
Username: XoGIZMOoX [Your username]
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing? BUNNIES ^.^]
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry? Old Mac Hoppy had a farm EIEIO ^.^]
Image: [Your entry here.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EirianHikari View Post
Username: EirianHikari
Commentary: I'm one of the bird farmers on Zajac, I keep all the birds happy and healthy, and make sure their safe. Right now I'm trying to decorate out farm tree for the festival, while keeping the birds out of everything-it's exhausting!
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Username: zigbigadorlube
Commentary: Bad things happen when chickens are let loose in the candy factory...
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Aamelia View Post
Username: Captain Aamelia
Commentary: All dressed up for the Winter Festival ^_^
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Username: Kent
Commentary: Here's a carrot farmer who traded a basket of carrots for a chicken so that he could make eggnog with its eggs.
He has a love for getting drunk on eggnog. X3
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
Username: [bloodstainedwings
Commentary: Just gathering some Easter Eggs
Image:

+1 point submissions: Isle of Cacao
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamikarasu View Post
Username: shinigamikarasu
Commentary: I am the baker at a small bakery. Our double chocolate cake is to die for.
Image:

+1 point submissions: Zajac
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
Username: KatMagenta
Commentary: A Zajackalope releasing Winter Birdies in time for the Festival of Winter Nights
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
Username: blueblackrose
Commentary: With the help of some young chicks and rabbits Lizzy is working on getting things ready for Easter.
Image:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:54 AM

Island Contest Two:
G
wydion and the Dainae Empire

CLOSED

SPOILERX

Moving on with the inter-island Winter Nights exchange... What about Gwydion and the Dainae Empire? They've been tasked with supplying the decorations for the event, so now you know why everything sparkles and glows. Let's honor these two cultures by dressing up as inhabitants from the island! You don't have to show them celebrating Winter Nights, but it might be worth your time to try!

Gwydion
According to legend, Gwydion is the land that magic comes from. It's very true that magic is everywhere on the island - they're even ruled, to an extent, by a god! That is, if you can call what Merak, the Peacock God, does as "ruling". (I'd call it "lounging around and looking pretty".) Though people interested in magic come from all over to learn at their various universities, the population is still significantly made up of elves. As far as visual style goes, they have a strong Art Nouveau influence. Possibly because of the frequent winds, inhabitants dress in response to it - either resorting to straps and braids to keep things in place, or working with it to wear things that flutter and billow in the wind. You can see this tendency with Abel (Cain) and his trademark belted sleeves and flowing red scarf!
Requirements: For this entry, please somehow represent a windy day. You also need elf ears.

The Dainae Empire
The Dainae Empire is made up of three islands: Dainae, Typhon, and Kiyo. They're a mountainous region, rich in gem ores and populated with wild dragons that are often also beautifully gem-colored. Because of this, they tend to prefer rich jewel tones paired with metal colors. Unafraid of color or patterns, many citizens enjoy the art of tattoo, like our own tattoo artist, Sera. They're very dramatic in style and for this, many look to their Emperor or Empress to keep up the trend. The Empress's gowns tend to be famously over the top and the ceremonial armors of the Dragon Guard warriors are considered works of art. In real-world terms, a touch of South-East Asian style would really tie a look together.
Requirements: For this entry, please include a sword and a gemstone or crystal.

[test]

Code:
 [SIZE="6"][color=#0057CC]★I[/color][color=#0953C6]s[/color][color=#1250C0]l[/color][color=#1B4DBA]a[/color][color=#2449B4]n[/color][color=#2D46AE]d[/color][color=#3643A9] [/color] [color=#3F3FA3]C[/color][color=#493C9D]o[/color][color=#523997]n[/color][color=#5B3691]t[/color][color=#64328B]e[/color][color=#6D2F86]s[/color][color=#762C80]t[/color][color=#7F287A] [/color] [color=#882574]T[/color][color=#92226E]w[/color][color=#9B1F68]o[/color][color=#A41B63] [/color] [color=#AD185D]E[/color][color=#B61557]n[/color][color=#BF1151]t[/color][color=#C80E4B]r[/color][color=#D10B45]y ★[/color][/SIZE]

What you need to know
:
  • Submissions are accepted until December 28th.
  • If you submit your entry before I post Island Contest Three, you will earn +3 points.
  • If you submit your entry after I post Island Contest Three, you will earn +1 point.
  • This contest is for "December 24th and 25th. I will try to change over the contest on December 26th at just after midnight. This is my current time and date.
  • If your entry does not fit the requirements, it will be disqualified. Please read the requirements carefully.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:54 AM

Island Contest Two Entries

CLOSED

SPOILERX

+3 points submissions: Gwydion
Quote:
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Island Represented: Gwydion
Commentary: I've always had trouble with doing magic. It comes so naturally to other elves. What am I doing wrong? I moved out into the woods to isolate myself entirely, so that I could concentrate on nothing else but my practicing. I bought a book on magic and I put it under my pillow so that my brain will absorb the information while I sleep (a friend told me about that!). I bought a hat, a wand and a pack of cards (start small, I always say). I also practice outside, because, you know, absorb good vibes from the trees and all that. And there, I think, lies my problem. Gwydion is not an ideal place for card tricks. The damn winds keep sneaking up on me and blowing my cards all around! Or maybe it's me. I've never had a strong grip either.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: *slowly looks at the tome in her hands, trying not to cry* *as the raincloud starts up again, she lets frustrated tears fall* *damp robes cling to her like her own dampened spirits, no longer billowing in the wind* *she hangs her head and listens to the water sprite mock her for her failure - obviously the magic-induced training of sprites wasn't going well for the little mute* *sniffs and looks sadly down at the tome, wishing she had the concentration Abel had shown them once* She couldn't even control a little sprite! What luck would she have with larger magics?
Image:
Quote:
Username: XoGIZMOoX
Island Represented: Gwydion ^.^
Commentary: My closet equipped elf ears are hard to see though my wind blown hair but they are there ^.^
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: A beautifully windy day on Gwydion.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary:
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Wherever this elf goes, he leaves a blanket of snow behind him with his winter magic. He makes a great effort to bring snow on Christmas Day, no matter the temperature~
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Chex is wearing a Merak-inspired dress with lots of flowing layers of green and gold, including Merak's peacock feather train. She's out for a stroll along the promenade, appreciating the cherry blossoms blowing in the wind.
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel<3 View Post
Commentary: An elf practicing magic with her pet unicorn
Image:

In case the ears aren't acceptable on the other one

+3 points submissions: Dainae Empire
Quote:
Island Represented: Dainae Empire
Commentary: Lucky members of the Dragon Guard are permitted to use the ceremonial Dragon Sword on special occasions.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented:The Dainae Empire
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?]
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?] Dainae=)
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?]
Image:
Quote:
Username: [shinigamikarasu
Island Represented: Dianae
Commentary: Exploring an icy cave.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: Dianae
Commentary: Imperial courtesan demands to know why you're near the Emperors Coy pond.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: Dainae!
Commentary: Faithfully guarding the halls of the Emperor in ceremonial garb...
Image:
Quote:
Username: Shadami
Island Represented: Dainae
Commentary: She has een tasked with decorating an ice skating rink for the festival. A sword is good for trimming the ribbon to size... right?
Image:
Quote:
Username: bloodstainedwings
Island Represented: The Dainae Empire
Commentary: she is on guard at the edge of the party. She loves tattooing so much she has tattooed her whole body black! and in honour of the dragons, she has horns. and the crystals she wears were harvested by her family to be worn only on special occasions like the festival of winter nights.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: -
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: The Dainae Empire
Commentary: The Dainae Empire hosts an extravagant Christmas celebration with their finest warriors standing guard. Anyone is welcome to attend this breath-taking display of wealth and power. But as the night passes and the wine flows, some guests are starting to become more and more unmanageable. This unfortunate guard has caught the attention of a particularly obnoxious guest.
Image:

+1 points submissions: Dainae Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Username: ~LONGCAT~
Island Represented: dainae empire
Commentary:
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: N/A
Image:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:55 AM

Island Contest Three:
Milos and Navarro

CLOSED

SPOILERX

Next up in the inter-island Winter Nights exchange would be Milos and Navarro! These two islands know how to have a good time, so they've sent over information on how to play various games and activities. Let's honor these two cultures by dressing up as inhabitants from the island! You don't have to show them celebrating Winter Nights, but it might be worth your time to try!

Milos
An island near Gwydion, Milos is known for its pastoral pleasures. When they work - they work hard. And when they play - they play just as hard! (Especially the satyrs, who don't so much "work" as get very good at avoiding it.) Milos is known for its population of fauns and satyrs. Other creatures also live there, but humans would make up the largest sub-group after the fauns. They're known for their exports of wine, pottery, and cheeses. In real-world terms, Greek and Roman influences are strong, though pulling from like-minded cultures will give it that rustic homeyness it needs.
Requirements: For this entry, you need horns for your avatar. Please also represent at least one of the major Milos exports. (It would help to mention where you're going with the export theme in your text description, just to make sure we're on the same page! Not necessary if it's obvious, of course.)

Navarro
Howdy, everyone! Welcome to Navarro! If you've listened to D (Hopscotch) or Mango (Lingerie Land), you've probably heard quite a bit about it already. Navarro is an arid island somewhere between Merkhet and the Mainland. Not entirely desert, of course, but imagine it as somewhere between the US Southwest, Midwest, and even parts of the Southern US. The island is known for its livestock, its oil, and the bright lights of Live Oak. Chance is played in any number of casinos in Live Oak - it seems the citizens just can't resist trying their luck, even if they just stick to friendly game without stakes. They seem to bet on just about anything - from their famous horse-races, to the number of spots on the next calf to be birthed, to the color of the sky over the prairies in the morning, so when you hang out with them, expect that eventually your new friend will turn to you and ask, "Wanna bet?"
Requirements: For this entry, you need to include leather and gold. You also need boots.

[test]

Code:
 [SIZE="6"][color=#9B2CDB]★ I[/color][color=#9E31D3]s[/color][color=#A137CB]l[/color][color=#A43DC3]a[/color][color=#A742BB]n[/color][color=#AA48B4]d[/color][color=#AE4EAC] [/color] [color=#B154A4]C[/color][color=#B4599C]o[/color][color=#B75F95]n[/color][color=#BA658D]t[/color][color=#BE6B85]e[/color][color=#C1707D]s[/color][color=#C47676]t[/color][color=#C77C6E] [/color] [color=#CA8166]T[/color][color=#CE875E]h[/color][color=#D18D56]r[/color][color=#D4934F]e[/color][color=#D79847]e[/color][color=#DA9E3F] [/color] [color=#DEA437]E[/color][color=#E1AA30]n[/color][color=#E4AF28]t[/color][color=#E7B520]r[/color][color=#EABB18]y ★[/color][/SIZE]

What you need to know
:
  • Submissions are accepted until December 30th.
  • If you submit your entry before I post Island Contest Four, you will earn +3 points.
  • If you submit your entry after I post Island Contest Four, you will earn +1 point.
  • This contest is for "December 26th and 27th. I will try to change over the contest on December 28th at just after midnight. This is my current time and date.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:55 AM

Island Contest Three Entries

CLOSED

SPOILERX

+3 points submissions: Milos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Username: Velvet
Island Represented: Milos
Commentary: I believe this satyr has taken advantage of the export of wines.. Nothing says no work and all play like excessive sipping of alcoholic beverages.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: If you haven't noticed already, I'm not your average satyr. Neither am I your average centaur. I'm somewhere in between the two and that makes perfect sense when you know the facts. Mum was a centaur, dad was a satyr. Don't ask me how that relationship happened! The two groups are entirely different, but atleast it worked to my benefit. *swishes tail*
I work like a centaur and play like a satyr and I've never really felt out of place. The people around here have seen stranger things. We're neighbours with Gwydion after all!
Anyway, it's the Festival of Winter nights finally and soon I'll be off to the bonfire. There's usually a big one where everyone meets together and some people like to hold smaller bonfires of there own. You can see that I've prettied myself up for the occasion. I'm usually not one for all these flowy fabrics and things, but, you could say that there's a certain little satyress who's eye I'm trying to catch. I've even picks some roses to wear in my hair (her name is Rose!) All that being said, I'm still nervous. That's why I've decided to sneak a a bit of the finest wine I was going to send to Dainae. Not too much, though, just a glass or five to calm me down. And,it's not like anyone's going to see me. This little spot is pretty secluded and far away from my cottage. No one will guess a thing. I hope it doesn't make me look flushed, though. Giddyness is welcome, I can just pass it off as excitement for the festivities. Just got to remember not to drink too much later. No one's forgotten that incident last year. let's just say a faun went a bit overboard and thought that he was king of Milos. As if we need a king! Well, it's getting late and I should be off. wish me luck, them.
*gulps down sixth glass*
*trots off*
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: This centaur uses the forest to make medicine and other useful things. She uses the stones and clay she finds by the water to make her equipment.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: My character is a Farmer, he helps raise the pigs that then get shipped to other islands for holiday meals.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: Milos!
Commentary: Our wine starts from the very best of the harvest. Our well kept and vast vineyards are a site to behold.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?] Milos
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?] We got our pottery hand made bowl and filled it with a cheesy dish and heading to the party ^.^
Quote:
Commentary: Enjoying a nice glass of wine on a sunny day...
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: i tried to represent the Pastoral scene in Disney's Fantasia where the centaurs and fawns are making wine for Backus (the Greek god of wine and celebrations) and then its starts raining.
Image:
Reference Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: MILOS
Commentary: I'm not wearing any pants
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: Milos!
Commentary: I scared the lady. She came down to the basement to get the last shipment of wine, and I scared her so bad she threw a pie at me! And then her popcorn. And the drink. In fact, she threw half a meal at me. I don't blame her! No one noticed me living down here for months while I avoided work. It was a habit at first, but ... I found out that if I stood really still, no one could see me. I don't even feel guilty! It's like the best game of hide and seek ever, only ... no one's seeking. And the people who find you throw food at you. It's fantastic!
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: She is gathering grapes to make into wine
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: c: A young faun working at her family vineyard, accompanied by her faithful pet lamb.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: I am collecting potatoes to make potato wine for the celebrations. We use the vuvuzela to either call or send the bees away. For the festival of winter nights, we are going to hand them out so that we can make a tribute of thanks to the bees for their hard work fertilizing our fields.
Image:

+3 points submissions: Navarro
Quote:
Island Represented: Navarro
Commentary: With gambling and casinos comes beautiful people meant to try and entertain the patrons. I am one of those. A courtesan, even. I walk around the bar front of the casino I'm employed at and inside in order to try and get people to pay to sleep with me. People think the horns and wings are just part of the costume, but I'm actually an Incubus, so my job is pretty easy. In layman's terms, I'm a prostitute. But, what's wrong with having fun and making money?
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Welcome to the casino! Want to play chance, anyone?
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Things got quite exciting in town last night. Probably too exciting. Last thing Chex remembers, she was on a winning streak at the cards table and ordering rounds at the bar. Now she's waking up alone in the desert, with just her suitcase, a raging headache, and a loosing hand of cards. Plus her skirt is a wreck! How did that even happen? The day is getting hotter by the minute, there's not a scrap of shade in sight, and she has no idea where she is or which way to go. Today is not going to be a good day.
Image:
Quote:
Username: [Your username]
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?]Navarro
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?] I lost all my money at the unicorn races grrrrrr I also hope you count this jacket as a LEATHER JACKET for the leather requirements
?
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: They bet she couldn't do it but the darling of Navarro's farming community is turning heads again with her latest livestock breakthrough- a blue cow! The locals only hope she brings some of her new found wealth back to the casino.
Image:
Quote:
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: This cowboy got lost while cattle wrangling.
Image:

+1 point submissions: Milos
Quote:
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageling View Post
Commentary: Readying the bottles of wine for shipment!
Image:

+1 point submissions: Navarro
[none]

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:56 AM

Island Contest Four:
Merkhet and Vile

CLOSED

SPOILERX

Of course, now we get to two contrasting islands: Merkhet and Vile. Both are rather known for their foods, representing three major culinary disciplines between them, so they've sent along some of their favorite recipes. You can sample the delicacies in the Festival Tent in the buffet! Let's honor these two cultures by dressing up as inhabitants from the island! You don't have to show them celebrating Winter Nights, but it might be worth your time to try!

Merkhet
This desert, oasis-spotted island is known for their lavish entertainments - most particularly the festival of Celes Paradi. These people look to the stars as a matter of course and any self-respecting citizen has at least one item in their closet that glitters like the heavens. They're the sort of nation that likes to keep a firm hand on their past while incorporating modern touches to their wardrobe. Whether in dance, song, or feasting, everyone knows that someone from Merkhet will do it in elegance and style.
Requirements: For this entry, you will need an item that is celestial (sun, moon, or stars). You will also need an unnatural hair color or go bald.

Vile
Vile (pronounced "vee-lay") is an island divided. In the mountains live the ninja clans, keeping well to themselves unless individuals or separate clans are hired on jobs. On the lowlands live the Krayn, who themselves are divided into two major factions, constantly jockeying for power over the other. It wasn't always this way, though. Once, the Krayn and the ninja clans were one people, but over time, their cultures became separate and distinct. They still retain their general affection for dark colors and the juxtaposition of tight and billowing cuts to the fabric. But while the ninja have kept to their traditional roots (read: real-world Japanese), the lowlanders have adopted more cosmopolitan styles (read: western fantasy). No matter where you live on Vile, the weather is rarely forgiving, and even the summers are mild at best. The brief glimpses of nature's beauty give those who come from Vile a deep appreciation for nature and nature themes.
Requirements: For this entry, the majority of the costume should be in dark colors. If you represent one of the ninja clans, wear a hood or headband. If you represent one of the Krayn, wear fur.

Code:
 [SIZE="6"][color=#21CC88]★[/color] [color=#22C788] [/color][color=#24C389]I[/color][color=#25BF8A]s[/color][color=#27BA8A]l[/color][color=#28B68B]a[/color][color=#2AB28C]n[/color][color=#2CAD8C]d[/color][color=#2DA98D] [/color] [color=#2FA58E]C[/color][color=#30A08E]o[/color][color=#329C8F]n[/color][color=#349890]t[/color][color=#359390]e[/color][color=#378F91]s[/color][color=#388B92]t[/color][color=#3A8793] [/color] [color=#3B8293]F[/color][color=#3D7E94]o[/color][color=#3F7A95]u[/color][color=#407595]r[/color][color=#427196] [/color] [color=#436D97]E[/color][color=#456897]n[/color][color=#476498]t[/color][color=#486099]r[/color][color=#4A5B99]y[/color][color=#4B579A] [/color] [color=#4D539B]★[/color][/SIZE]

What you need to know
:
  • Submissions are accepted until January 1st.
  • If you submit your entry before I post Island Contest Five, you will earn +3 points.
  • If you submit your entry after I post Island Contest Five, you will earn +1 point.
  • This contest is for "December 28th and 29th". I will try to change over the contest on December 30th at just after midnight. This is my current time and date.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:56 AM

Island Contest Four Entries

CLOSED

SPOILERX

+3 points submissions: Merkhet
Quote:
Can you see the little star earrings? Just pointing them out :)

Island Represented: Merkhet
Commentary:
I am Knower of Truths.
I am Keeper of Tales.
I am Teller of Riddles.
I am Seer of Stars.

Cross my palm with gold,
Ask but three questions,
Receive but one answer.
Expect nothing plain.

Walk the sands of Merkhet,
Pass through my abode,
Hear the stars in my words,
Continue on your road.

Image:
Quote:
Username:star2000shadow
Commentary: a worshiper come to worship the star's above. perhaps to have her future read, or to find out if she had a past life. she's even brought offerings of magical star's located in her basket.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: (The stars are on the sandals. They're kind of tiny.)
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?] Merkhet
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?] Gizzie is sooo purty and shiny ^.^
Image: [Your entry here.
Quote:
Commentary: Sunset is the perfect time for a dance, don't you think?
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Their past mixed with modern touches gives these people a unique touch to their Winter Nights celebrations.
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Username: Mnemosyne
Commentary: I have attempted to showcase the starry night sky that those from Merkhet admire so fondly.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: Merhket
Commentary: Modern Merhket embraces other cultures to have equality (the stars told them to) so there is a touch of influence from other islands. Including using a greek-esque pillar(milos)... except they filled it with fish. And it wasn't really useful to hold up the tent for the celebration since the tent roof is so high.... They did get some Dainae folded paper lanterns though!
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: While many others feel closer to the stars, this Merkhet resident has an affinity for moonlight.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Just a young Merkheti man dressed in his best for the party. X3
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: -
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: My celestial item is the sun on the Sun Pendant. c:
Image:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageling View Post
Commentary: [none]
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: Merkeht!
Commentary: Representing one of the old goddesses of (Egyptian) influence on the island, Isis.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: I drew my inspiration from Neferiti and traditional Egyptian clothing. I also chose dark eye makeup, as Egyptians often use it to shield their eyes from the heat
Image:

+3 points submissions: Vile
Quote:
Island Represented: Vile
Commentary: I am a ninja not in the lowlands but due to the high winds on the higher lands, fur is still an advisable wardrobe choice. my bird sends secret messages for me and i have a deep appreciation for nature and take great pains to maintain my trees and pond.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Krayn
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: I knew it. The man I was meeting decided to leave a note. The coward. I was looking forward to our duel. Time to pay him a shadowy visit. He'll never see me coming. A man who lacks honor doesn't deserve a second chance. Honor is such a thing that saves one man, and destroys another. This ignorant pup will receive the "honor" he deserves: a nice pie to the face, obviously. What? Don't look at me like that. What were you expecting?
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?] Vile=)
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?] I'm a silent ninja assassin im soo good at what I do you almost can't even see my avi =)

Quote:
Commentary: The Krayn merchant never saw this grinchy move coming. The theft of their Xmas tree was purchased by a rival merchant. Smiling the tree assassin from the highlands leaves a single red bobble in the middle of the floor with a warning note. "He who sells dreams buys fate."
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Pity the poor traveler who has to travel during a Vile winter, especially at night. It's been a long day and now it's starting to snow hard, but at least Chex has reached a shrine where hopefully she can take shelter until morning.
Image:

+ 1 entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochiel Silverfire View Post
Username: [Rochiel Silverfire]
Island Represented: [Merkhet]
Commentary:
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: The Stars they speak to me and guide me through this life.
Image:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:58 AM

Island Contest Finale:
T
apio and [Wildcard]

I was originally just going to have this a pure "Wildcard" round, but thought you guys might appreciate having another island to play with.

Tapio
This tropical island is thick with dense, steamy jungles and secret gods that don't like their names spoken. The Tapi people are proud to be wild and in touch with nature. They unabashedly bare skin and rely on plant life as their main form of bodily adornment so they can blend in with the jungle. There are, however, trading ports where cloth clothing is more frequently used. Though supposedly dealings with pirates is against the law, everyone knows pirates will dock there and exchange goods. At the trading ports, their real-world equivalent fashion inspirations would be Polynesian, South-East Asian, and Indian (as in, India) - a lot of colorful sari and sarong type clothing.
Requirements: For this entry, you need at least one flower. You will also need something pirates would trade for. (Let me know what your Tapi is selling!)

[Wildcard]
If you choose to "wildcard" this round, choose one of the previous islands and make an avatar! If you tried a Merkhet avatar, maybe you want to try a Vile avatar for this round. You can even make a second entry for an island you chose the first time around, if you really wanted. (It won't dock you any points, but I will say it'd be more fun to see you take on an island you hadn't done yet!)
Please don't forget to say what island you're representing. "Wildcard" won't tell me anything. I'd have to guess. D: And what if I guessed wrong?
Requirements: Read the requirements on the round you're going with.

Code:
 [SIZE="6"]★[color=#5ADB28]I[/color][color=#64D12E]s[/color][color=#6FC735]l[/color][color=#7ABE3C]a[/color][color=#84B443]n[/color][color=#8FAA4A]d[/color][color=#9AA151] [/color] [color=#A49758]C[/color][color=#AF8D5F]o[/color][color=#BA8466]n[/color][color=#C47A6D]t[/color][color=#CF7174]e[/color][color=#DA677B]s[/color][color=#E45D82]t[/color] [color=#E45D82] [/color][color=#DA677B]F[/color][color=#CF7174]i[/color][color=#C47A6D]n[/color][color=#BA8466]a[/color][color=#AF8D5F]l[/color][color=#A49758]e[/color][color=#9AA151] [/color] [color=#8FAA4A]E[/color][color=#84B443]n[/color][color=#7ABE3C]t[/color][color=#6FC735]r[/color][color=#64D12E]y[/color]★[/SIZE]

What you need to know
:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Tapio and [Wildcard] Entries

+3 points submissions: Tapio
Quote:
Island Represented: Tapio
Commentary: The Tapi archers are some of the best in the world. Their aim deadly from the impossible distance between the treetops to the jungle floor, and they are nigh invisible in the foliage. Not only are they formidable warriors and hunters, they are also master trappers. This Tapi archer has caught this odd bird at the request of a pirate. She's not quite sure why pirates are so fond of this particular bird, as it is too loud and colorful to be useful in a battle or hunt and not very good to eat, but she's happy to make the sale.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: she was going to trade the monkey but it seems to have attached itself to her arm and refuses to let go... *sigh*
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: This Tapi might not have quite mastered the art of clothing yet but she's travelled to the harbour to trade citrus fruit to the pirates. They'll thank her when they don't get scurvy!
Image:
Quote:
Username: GummyBearKisses
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?]Tapio
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?] Come sail away come sail away , come sail away with me =) Im "sailing" selling pirate ship hats who could resist these works of art , fashionable yet affordable =)
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: She sells a deadly herb that the assassins of Vile pay the pirates top dollar for. . . and you thought pirates and ninjas hated each other! While it's illegal on other islands it grows wild in Tapio. She's all to happy to make money clearing her island of such a deadly plant.
Image:
Quote:
Username: XoGIZMOoX ^.^
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?] TAPIO ^.^
Commentary:
[Need to explain something else about your entry?] Gizzie is a monkey and chocolate coin trader o.o don't let them pirates fool you they love chocolate they also like monkeys the whole parrot thing is a joke they said the parrots kept trying to poke their eyes out so now they want cuddly cute monkies ^.^
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Selling her special home brew!
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Here's a noble Tapi merchant. His wares are handmade Tapi weapons: bows, quivers, and arrows.
Image:
Quote:
[b]Commentary:[/bi'm selling myself to the pirates *kiss*
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: You don't know which pirate crew tried hiding this stash in your favorite spot, but you can't help being amused by the thought that any one of the pirate crews you deal with is actually trading you expensive clothes and jewelry for their own gold.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Psst. Psst! Hey, you. Yeah, you! Please, please be buying one of these baby panthers. They be lots of fun, I be swearing! Cute and cuddly, and bitey, and nommy, and scratchy- *clears throat and starts over* They be clever creatures; won't be staying in their boxes, they won't. You know what? Free panther baby to a new home. Please be taking one.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Tapio is known for the blood lotuses which grow around the rivers and pools of the island. Tapi!Chex has trekked out into the jungle to gather lotuses, which have both healing and poisoning abilities and fetch a nice price down at the ports.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: Kappas are a mischievous little folk, often leading unwary travelers into swamps and deep water. However, they are exceedingly clever as well, and a great prize for a pirate to own. They can warn of danger ahead, and they know much of healing. Once they have given you an oath, they are honor-bound to keep it, making a very reliable companion. They take great skill to catch, but the payout is worth it!
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: tapio
Commentary: Tapio sells meddlesome creatures that are common on their island, but rare on other islands and sell for a good amount. They only need to sell every once and a while to thin the herd, and its better than killing them for the same purpose. Today, I am selling a monkey that wont let go, a kappa that stole a child recently and a dragon and has been burning our crops.
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: This Tapi warrior is trading weapons with the pirates. Finely crafted Tapi weapons that a pirate would find useful.
Image:

+3 points submissions: [Wildcard]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochiel Silverfire View Post
Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Island Represented: Wildcard (Zajac)
Commentary: Bird ranching is so peaceful
Image:
Quote:
Commentary: I went too far this time. Too far. But, I couldn't help myself. Did those... loathsome people have no respect for the dead? Yes, it isn't a proper grave, but sissy wanted to be buried here. It was always our favourite place as children. The fireflies, the luminescent trees, it was always peaceful. We would sit here for ours playing games and telling stories, right until...
I feel so ashamed, but I don't think I would have done any different if given a second chance. They pulled her grave marker out! Who does that?! They were going trample on the roses! They were going to take her silk handkerchief! I pinned it on the marker because it was her most precious possession. Not even I deserved to keep it. I don't care if they didn't know there was a grave. I don't care if they didn't see the flowers. I don't if they needed the wood or the handkerchief for... whatever! Nothing can excuse taking what doesn't belong to you...
But, can anything excuse what I did? I went too far.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: Dainae!
Commentary: Ruby, gold, diamond and steel are my favorite gem and metal tones.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented:[Wildcard]: Island Contest Four:
Merkhet and Vile : I'm a try doing Vile (one of the Krayn population)
Commentary: My girl is one of the Krayn Population. here she is getting set for a job. i pitty the person she's going up against.
Image:
Quote:
Island Represented: Diane
Commentary: she is a dragon guard warrior
Image:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Bonus Round!

This is basically a way for me to get feedback on how I ran the avatar contest this time around. To get the (2) bonus points, you must answer each question.

Just to add a note - this will not necessarily be the "new official" way of hosting avatar contests, but future hosts might take notes from how I ran things this time around. Feel free to be honest, even if you didn't like things. (Especially then?)

Question One: How many rounds did you participate in this event?

Question Two: Did you participate in the Group contest? If not, why?

Question Three: Which round(s) were your favorite?

Question Four: Did the format of a new contest every few days work for you? What would make it better?

Question Five: Anything else you'd like to say about the Avatar Contest?

Please fill out this form and post it to the thread to enter the Bonus Round:
Code:
 [SIZE="6"]★[color=#C80046]B[/color][color=#C81600]o[/color][color=#C86500]n[/color][color=#C8B400]u[/color][color=#7EC800]s[/color][color=#24C800] [/color] [color=#00C744]R[/color][color=#00C89B]o[/color][color=#0097C8]u[/color][color=#004CC7]n[/color][color=#0900C8]d[/color][color=#6200C8]![/color]★[/SIZE]
[b][u]Question One[/u][/b] [response]
[b][u]Question Two[/u][/b] [response]
[b][u]Question Three:[/u][/b] [response]
[b][u]Question Four:[/u][/b] [response]
[b][u]Question Five:[/u][/b] [response]

What you need to know
:
  • You will earn two bonus points for a complete submission.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-22-2014, 05:40 AM

Bonus Round Responses

Quote:
Question One All of them.
Question Two Yes, but we haven't submitted yet.
Question Three: Round 2 and round 3
Question Four: Definitely! I had fun coming up with new avis. It kept me on my toes. Make it better... I think the format was perfect, to be honest.
Question Five: Best avi contest I've ever participated in. By far. The themes were epic. And the fact that we could choose out of two themes per round seemed really fair. It was great!
Quote:
Question One All of them! I LOVE having a specific thing to shoot for and still a little wiggle room with what items/colors to work in. I find purely color based contests "meh" not really boring per say just we always have them and people always mess up on the colors. It's strange.
Question Two YES! At this point we're just getting our background sorted out. :)
Question Three: This is a hard one! The avatars I'm most happy with are for Milos and Dianae. :)
Question Four: The every two days thing was a challenge and a bit tricky to work around however I found it refreshing and fun in the long run. Even if this isn't planned for the next event I would love to see it in future ones. :D
Question Five: I'll probably come back to the island themes you gave in future avatars. They're such cute suggestions I just have to try to do all of them. XD Great job on this!
Quote:
Question One I participated in all of them!
Question Two I am participating in the group contest! I believe the head of my group is still looking for some people to wrap things up, though. :(
Question Three: I liked the Navarro and Gwydion the best! I just really like the avatars I managed to come up with. Is that conceited?
Question Four: I really enjoyed having new challenges! I would suggest on being more clear on when the rounds would roll over. I also thought it wasn't clear on how long we could participate in a certain round.
Question Five: I had lots of fun exploring and learning about the islands, basically becoming a citizen of each one! It was a very creative idea for an avatar contest.
Quote:
Question One Every round.
Question Two Yes, but we have not yet submit our entry.
Question Three: I don't have a particular favorite.
Question Four: It was stressful to make a new avatar every other day. A part of me regrets participating, but I really want the first place prize. And I was too invested to stop.
Question Five: I really enjoyed learning about the different islands.
Quote:
Question One
Every one
Question Two
Yes I did
Question Three:
I love all themes avi contests are kinda my addiction ^.^
Question Four: It was ok kept my closet very occupied
Question Five:
NEVER STOP THE THEME CONTEST AT EVENTS ^.^
Quote:
Question One All of them!
Question Two No but I might if there's still time...
Question Three: I would say the last round was the most fun. I loved making my Tapio avi and the wildcard option was a great idea.
Question Four: It was super fun! I'm glad that you gave a few days to do each round though. I'm not sure that there's anything I would do to make it better, seems good as is!
Question Five: I had a lot of fun with this one. I loved that I really got to get to know some of the islands and cultures better through it. When I look back at the avis I made it will always remind me of what I learned.
Quote:
Question One two, hopefully three. (if I get my act together and remember to do it! XD )
Question Two Yes, but I'm not sure if we've submitted yet.
Question Three: they were all really fun and really brought out a creative side of people.
Question Four: It was nice! Kept me changing my avi when I would have otherwise settled on something and been pleased with the status quo.
Question Five: I have just over 5 pages of white items now. That has nothing to do with the contest aside from the fact that I kept to my whites.
Quote:
Question Two No and never do. I guess I'm not a group person?
Question Three: Again all of them! It's hard to pick a favorite and I'm happy with all my entries ^^
Question Four: It worked and I loved the challange of getting them in on time and get 3p It was a nice change from previous contests!
Question Five: Loved it! As said it was a nice change from previous contests. I was getting relly tired of the set colors schemes, even under themes (like; do a christmas avi but you have to use these colors) and this was the first time on a long time I even bothered to enter. I've had so much fun with this and I hope we get more similar and variating challenges in the future!
Thank you <3
Quote:
Username: [GummyBearKisses]
Question One [response]All days
Question Two [response]If my group finds time to be online =(
Question Three: [response] Ninjas
Question Four: [response] I liked the surprise of each and every theme diversity
Question Five: [response] I liked that we learned of all the lands=)
Quote:
Username:shadami
Question One all but the current one cause i'm deciding wild card or the other.
Question Two i haven't found a group yet.
Question Three: that's a toughie. i guess the first round cause isle of easter was fun :3
Question Four: I missed the rounds like this! The first winter event i was in/ the one on the train was like that and its awesome!!
Question Five: I love you <3 :3
Quote:
Question One I participated in all of the rounds, although my first entry was late.
Question Two I am in a group for that contest.
Question Three: The second round was the hardest for me to choose between the islands, but otherwise I would say I enjoyed them all about equally.
Question Four: I liked the format, it's been nice to change my avatar so often during an event rather than sticking to one or two for the full length. The time limit is generous enough to let you make an avatar you're happy with but short enough to stop too much dithering.
Question Five: It's been fun to learn more about the backgrounds of the other islands and their peoples.
Quote:
Question One Every. Single. One. ;) 5, going on 6 with a group entry in a few minutes!
Question Two I will be submitting our entry as soon as I'm through helping the last couple group members dress. *clears throat* Sometimes they need a little help with the zippers. And the buttons. And the strings. *sighs happily* But that's what a coordinator is for!
Question Three: My favorites .... Gwydion and Cacao, so both rounds 1 and 2. :)
Question Four: I loved the "one entry every few days" format. It worked well since I wasn't able to be online every day, and let me think about my entries before submitting them. What would make it better, you ask? Hm. I think you covered everything one could ask for from an avatar contest!
Question Five: I would like to say that the islands that were created (be it by Mene creators, or fans) were fantastic. There was such creativity in both the cultures, the races, and the avatars submitted. I enjoyed reading them all, and look forward to future clarification on each island's unique flare. Thank you for all your hard work keeping up with the contest, and for doing the research and making this happen!
Quote:
Question One All five rounds~
Question Two No. I'd like to, but I haven't gone around looking for a group yet. I'll see if I can join a group before the event ends~ >:3
Question Three: I think I like the second and fourth ones the most. X3 I liked seeing the entries for Gwydion and Dainae. And I had a fun time making the Merkhet avi~
Question Four: It totally worked for me. I like changing my avi every few days. It was a challenge but it was fun! I think four days for each challenge is perfect.
Question Five: I had a great time making avis. It's a nice change from contests that last the whole event. It made me spend a lot of gold on new commons, just like Project Mene. XD
Quote:
Question One I participated in all of them.
Question Two Not this time.
Question Three: I really like my entires for Merkhet and Tapio.
Question Four: I thought it was great. I liked the format a lot. There was a lot of variety and I was always excited to see the next islands. My biggest challenge was choosing which one I wanted to use!
Question Five: I loved learning about all of the islands! I can't wait to see more about them in the future.
Quote:
Question One all of them.
Question TwoNo, im not much of a group person.
Question Three: Contest two.. and the final contest.. i like the avi i came up with for the wildcard.
Question Four: it worked GREAT for me. allowed me to focus on one avi at a tim einstead of submitting them all at once...
Question Five: Can we do them again?
Quote:
Question One All the rounds!
Question Two I did not do a group entry. Nothing against them, I've just never done it before. I think I'd like to do a group entry in the future though.
Question Three: Gwydion and Vile were my favorite, since those are my favorite islands. I was excited about all the rounds though, because I loved learning about all the islands. I had a lot of fun making my entry for Navarro—the aesthetic for that island wasn't my favorite so it was a fun exercise to come up with an avatar I liked that fit all the rules. (Plus, I did a Milos cosplay for Halloween and didn't want to do that again. XD )
Question Four: The new format was a fun challenge. It kept me more alert and engaged than usual. Personally, I would have left all the rounds open for the duration of the event, with the lowered points, instead of closing them. So, extra points for getting your entries in early, but open time for everyone to participate. Overall, I liked this new format. I don't think this format would work for the shorter events we have, but I would be happy to see it again in a future long event.
Question Five: I really enjoyed having multiple round with different themes, because it stretched my avatar making skillz. Only thing I'm bummed about is that we didn't have time to visit all the islands! (We only missed a few, by my notes: Amorus, Duval, and Jao Koh. Maybe we'll hear more from them in a future event. *winkwink*)
Quote:
Question One all of them!!!
Question Two yup!
Question Three: the ninja one!
Question Four: i love it! i thought it was a lot more challenging, driven, creative and interesting. it really pushed the limits and expanded upon free choice and timing.
Question Five: i seriously wish we could use the dac.... its hard when you dont own every item ever.
Quote:
Question Two No, I'm usually not a group person.
Question Three: Merkhet & Tapio, although I really liked them all. It really gave us some great inside looks into all the islands' history and culture.
Question Four: Yes! Gave a good amount of time to design, especially if we couldnt be on one day, we didnt miss the deadline.
Question Five: I wish we coulda done entries for all islands, not just 1/2 in each round (maybe just 1 point for a second entry in the round?). :p
Quote:
Question One All of them
Question Two yes :)
Question Three: Milos was definitely my favorite! I also liked Gwydion
Question Four: I loved it! There was a theme for everyone this time
Question Five: I really loved that there was something for everyone. It was also a refreshing change that it wasn't a color based contest. I enjoyed learning about the different islands!

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 01:43 AM

Ohh!!! i am going to have fun with this one!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 02:34 AM

Ooh~ I love these "daily" contests~ > w<

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-23-2014, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacklene View Post
Ohh!!! i am going to have fun with this one!
Quote:
Ooh~ I love these "daily" contests~ > w<
Great! I'm really excited to see what people come up with!

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-23-2014, 03:02 AM

This looks interesting.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 03:04 AM

Does the Chocolate color include white chocolate?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-23-2014, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Does the Chocolate color include white chocolate?
Of course. :)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 03:47 AM

Purrr! :D ty for the quick response.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-23-2014, 03:53 AM

No worries. xD I am off and on for the next several hours. :3

pollik17