Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 10-29-2014, 11:46 PM

Welcome to my fine giveaway.

Making a giveaway thread has become an obsession of sorts for me during each event. Provides me a place to post that I, A. Don’t get ignored in, B. Welcome back the friends made from previous events, C. Meet new friends and D. Make gold from the posts (that’s just an added bonus in my opinion).

This event is perhaps my most favorite, simply for the fact that it was the first one I participated in when PsychoMinako got me to join back in November 2007. While she doesn’t frequent this site much, if at all anymore, I am still here loving every minute of it. (Please note that the outfit my avatar is dressed in was designed by (insert name here) as my Meneversary outfit. A shout out to them for this wonderfully designed outfit, a better present I couldn’t have received or cherished more.)

My giveaway this event will be a bit larger then I typically put on, simply because my husband and I will be traveling to see friends and family during the time of the Festival of Winter’s Night event. Not often that I miss an event, so it will be sad for me to not have a giveaway going during my second favorite event. Please remember, that I am the only one running this giveaway, the greedy, ungrateful and rude need not stop in and stay.

This giveaway will have some new additions to the game section, along with the removal of other games that haven’t faired as well in the past. Everyone is welcome to participate in any and all activities, I highly encourage your participation; Tried to offer a variety of activities to appeal to as many people as possible. While I know I can’t please everyone, every time, I hope you do have fun in my thread during the event.

Thank you to everyone that comes in, chats, hangs out and generally enjoys their time in my thread.

Please remember to be respectful to each other, no begging, whining or putting down others chatting in the thread. If you have an issue with something I have said, done or accidentally ignored, DO NOT blast me in front of other people in my thread. That will be the fastest way to get expelled from this thread and all future threads. Should you have a specific grievance against me a PM is the only acceptable form of airing the complaint. This also applies to any issues you might have with a fellow poster. Please take any arguments, squabbles and disagreements out of the thread and put them in PM. Not everyone needs to see that, or be a part of it.

Thank you kindly.

Queen Andais

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 10-31-2014 at 11:51 AM..

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-29-2014, 11:57 PM

Raffle:

This is a Daily Raffle, with the exception of the first day, each day will have an item raffled off. The items are CIs or Auctioneer Items I was fortunate enough to get my hands on.
Rules, Information and Guidelines:
  • Each person may purchase up to 10 tickets for themselves or someone else. (if the tickets being purchased are for another individual, please make sure they don’t already have 10 tickets and identify the person you are purchasing for. Also, include if this is an anonymous purchase, or if you want to be identified.)
  • Tickets purchased are good for the ENTIRE length of the raffle. You need only purchase tickets once, not each day to be entered for the item.
  • Tickets are to be purchased by sending a donation to Queen_Andais. The donation should include how many tickets are being purchased and if the donation is for the purchase of tickets for multiple people identify how many tickets go to each person and the person’s name so they are properly displayed on the first page of the giveaway.
  • Mules may participate simply because I have no way of knowing who is and isn’t a mule.
  • Ticket Price: 25g each
  • I’m debating about raffling off the gold collected. I might just keep it to aid in the purchase of items for the next giveaway.
Raffle Items:
Thursday – Dove Anklewings
Friday – Midas Touch
Saturday – Raven Wings or Dove Wings (Winner’s Choice)
Sunday – Bloodmoon Gems or Darkmoon Gems (Winner’s Choice)
Monday – Mr. Mayor Dolly
Tuesday – Princess Eyes
Wednesday – Perfect Valentine

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 10-30-2014 at 12:04 AM..

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:05 AM

Tickets Purchased:
Damia Flagg - 10 Tickets
Elriona - 10 Tickets
Fireprincess - 10 Tickets
Angel<3 - 10 Tickets
Cool Milk - 10 Tickets
Mnemosyne - 10 Tickets
Kah Hilzin-Ec - 10 Tickets
Silver Storm - 10 Tickets
Sadrain - 10 Tickets
XoGIZMOoX - 10 Tickets
DarkCarnie - 10 Tickets
GummyBearKisses - 10 Tickets
Vanora - 10 Tickets
Whimzica - 10 Tickets (Purchased by Liquidrage)
Liquidrage - 10 Tickets
star2000shadow - 10 Tickets
shadami - 10 Tickets
lunanuova - 10 Tickets
Winners:
Kah Hilzin-Ec - Won Thursday's Raffle
Damia Flagg - Won Friday's Raffle
XoGIZMOoX - Won Saturday's Raffle
lunanuova - Won Sunday's Raffle

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 11-04-2014 at 04:10 AM..

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:09 AM

Item Request:
I do one of these each giveaway and it seems like less and less people take advantage of it. Not sure why. This is your chance to request any item(s) from the event store or another one of the fine establishments that Menewsha has to offer. It’s not taking advantage of me, I am offering this to you.
  • Everyone is allowed to make one request for item(s) (Mules may participate)
  • Item(s) can be requested from any one of the stores
  • When requesting the item(s) please include the following information:
  • Name of the item
  • Color of the item
  • Name of the store the item is located (This helps with my speed and accuracy)
  • Requests are to be sent to KillingFrost via PM with the subject line: TRICK OR TREAT (doesn’t have to be in all caps.)
  • All requests need to be received before the end of the event (for obvious reasons.)
  • KillingFrost will do his best to get all requests sent out within 24 hours of it being received
  • Spending Limit: 750 gold (I am willing to be flexible if the item(s) you request are a little over this amount, typically no more then 25 gold. Please, don’t abuse this flexibility)

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:15 AM

BINGO

Who doesn’t remember playing this game as kid with family, or at camp, or the car ride? Not sure there isn’t a place that BINGO can’t be played. I’ve decided we should play this game during the event. As this is the first time I am running it in my thread there are bound to be issues, but we will work through it.
  • Send a PM to Queen_Andais, subject line should read : BINGO CARD PLEASE (this helps me identify the PMs in my inbox) and within the body, please provide your e-mail address. You will receive an e-mail from me ([email protected]) with a pdf attachment. This attachment is your BINGO card.
  • Each BINGO card contains 4 BINGO games.
  • When I send the e-mail back to you, I will be including the number of your BINGO card. This is important to know and remember. You will need that number when submitting your card for BINGO review.
  • Card requests will be taken up to 15 minutes before game play.
  • Games will be played at specific times each day of the event. I will do my best to spread out the times to give everyone a chance to participate and play.
  • Redeeming a BINGO will involve you posting in BIG RED letters BINGO in the thread. You will need to include what number your BINGO card so I can verify that your BINGO is legitimate.
  • Game play will stop while I am verifying a BINGO.
  • There will only be ONE BINGO winner per game.
  • Prizes will typically be gold and the amounts will vary in amount dependent on the number of people playing and the complexity of the game.
  • 2-6 people guarantees 500 gold
  • 7-10 people guarantees 1k gold
  • 11-15 people guarantees 1.5k gold
  • 15+ people guarantees 2k gold

BINGO Games
  • Standard Game (diagonal, straight line): 250 gold
  • 4 Corners: 500 gold
  • The “X”: 750 gold
  • Outer Square: 1k gold
  • Black Out: 2k gold
  • A game has the potential of having a max gold of 4k. (15+ people in the game and if the game is a black out, that’s another 2k, so 4k total.) I will make a conscious effort to state what the amount of the prize will be for that round of BINGO to avoid confusion or a misunderstanding.
  • Numbers will be called out in groups of 5 per post. I’ll do my best to make sure that they are quoted together so people don’t lose them in all the posts.
  • Game Times:

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:20 AM

Top Posters and Last Poster:

The last couple of events people have actually out posted me in my own thread, kind of determined this event to stay on top the whole time. Probably won’t happen, but it’s my goal to be present more often, especially during the time I am at work. (Having a smart phone is awesome!)
  • Top 5 Posters will receive gold for their chatty dedication to the thread.
  • Last Poster in the thread when the event ends will be receiving 10k. Not too shabby, right?
  • Gold will be awarded after the event ends. (Typically sent out within 24 hours of the event ending.)
  • The gold amounts have changed, just a bit for the Top 5 Posters
  • 1st Place Poster : 6k
  • 2nd Place Poster: 5k
  • 3rd Place Poster: 4k
  • 4th Place Poster: 3k
  • 5th Place Poster: 2k

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 10-30-2014 at 02:42 AM..

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:36 AM

Page Prizes

Each person that posts on the prize page will receive 50 gold for each post on that page.

Here are the prize pages, starting on page 10 and every 10 pages after until the event ends.

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 10-30-2014 at 02:49 AM..

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 10-30-2014, 12:36 AM

/sneaks in/
I've been stalking you~~
/goes back into the shadows/

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 10-30-2014, 12:37 AM

YAY! Hm... you're taking your brain for a walk I see, Queen. ^_^; **pets the brain**

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:38 AM

Hello Queen.
Hope you have been doing well.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanora View Post
/sneaks in/
I've been stalking you~~
/goes back into the shadows/
I knew it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post
YAY! Hm... you're taking your brain for a walk I see, Queen. ^_^; **pets the brain**
Hey there, Lizzy! Yep, the brain needed a bit of wandering before going to bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damia Flagg View Post
Hello Queen.
Hope you have been doing well.
Damia, so nice to have you back here.
My should hurts like a bitch, courtesy of my pillow beating me up last night.

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:45 AM

what? I missed the first post? lol. Hi!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:46 AM

Sorry, Sjacklene. I didn't know you wanted it. >.<

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 10-30-2014, 12:48 AM

Yup, and my brain need to wind down for some shut eye in a little while.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:48 AM

Queen ~ Sorry about the fight with the pillow.
Its nice to be back.
I hope to be able to participate during the entire event, but with the way work has been I'm not sure I will be able to.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 10-30-2014, 12:50 AM

Of course.
You know I'll be in here keeping you company!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Yup, and my brain need to wind down for some shut eye in a little while.
Oh no! You can't leave me just yet!
Quote:
Queen ~ Sorry about the fight with the pillow.
Its nice to be back.
I hope to be able to participate during the entire event, but with the way work has been I'm not sure I will be able to.
That sucks, let me know if you need me to pick you up a set of EIs. More then happy to help you out.

---------- Post added 10-29-2014 at 05:53 PM ----------

Hooray, Vanora. Remember, you said you were going to out post me this event in this thread. I am really hoping that I can keep up.

Not sure why my pillow decided last night was a good night to beat my shoulder up. Sucky pillow.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 10-30-2014, 12:53 AM

I won't leave now, but I need to get rested up. I'm meeting Mary J. Blige tomorrow. ^_^;

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:55 AM

Queenie! *pops in like jack in a box cat edition*

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 10-30-2014, 12:55 AM

OH yeah! Ahaha. I don't know if I'll be able too... but I'll do my best! >.</

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
I won't leave now, but I need to get rested up. I'm meeting Mary J. Blige tomorrow. ^_^;
You lucky duck! How is it possible you are meeting her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
Queenie! *pops in like jack in a box cat edition*
Sadrain! *huggles* My lovely, how are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanora View Post
OH yeah! Ahaha. I don't know if I'll be able too... but I'll do my best! >.</
It'll be fun to have a post-a-thon

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:59 AM

Thank you for the offer Queen.
I will let you know.
Lately I've been having such long days, I'm exhausted by the time I get home.
So glad Miscreant had dinner ready when I got home this evening.

Lizzy ~ I hope you enjoy meeting her.
I like some of her songs.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-30-2014, 12:59 AM

This surely hasn't been my easiest time and tonight is not either, but I've had worse. And I feel bad I've not stopped by your exchange thread more for chatting, but haven't been around here all that much in general. How are you?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the offer Queen.
I will let you know.
Lately I've been having such long days, I'm exhausted by the time I get home.
So glad Miscreant had dinner ready when I got home this evening.

Lizzy ~ I hope you enjoy meeting her.
I like some of her songs.
You doing overtime, Damia?
I've decided to forgo working out this week so I can be here to post like a mad woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
This surely hasn't been my easiest time and tonight is not either, but I've had worse. And I feel bad I've not stopped by your exchange thread more for chatting, but haven't been around here all that much in general. How are you?
Glad to have you here, sorry your evening isn't going so well. Hopefully we can cheer you up. I knew you'd come by and see us eventually.
I've been all right. Work has been frustrating and this event will be a much needed distraction. Hooray

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 10-30-2014, 01:05 AM

Sure will! Lately I've been in a kind of slump, so I don't know much I'll be online, but I'll try to post via my phone~