For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:00 AM

I want to jump headfirst into this event, but I feel like I have nothing to say. I keep looking at all the other threads and wishing I had something to offer. Maybe it's because I'm tired, but I have yet to post anything! x_x

Anyway, come talk to me. Are you having similar issues? Too shy? Too nervous? Too boring? ^_^;; Let's chat before I pass out.

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 AM

i feel the same way O.O i haven't been active on this site for so long i dont know even were to start.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:05 AM

The only time I feel like I'm really active is around events. I was quite active during the Phoenix Jubilee and for a while after it but then I sort of faded out again. Now that there's an event I'm like "Yay! Wait...where do I start?!" ^_^;;

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 AM

Well - no one should be nervous about posting. XD But I'll be on for a bit longer and don't mind chatting. :3 If I can answer any questions, I'd be happy to help anyone too! :heart:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:08 AM

No one should be nervous, because Mene is awesome, but it happens. It's like stage fright, but it's post fright. The same social anxieties just pop up and it's easy to talk yourself out of posting sometimes >_> I just needed a starting point. Now I draw you all in. Mwa ha ha ^_^;;

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 AM

well i understand the event but its more of the finding a place to post part and keeping up a conversation.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:10 AM

That's exactly it. Everyone's already talking about something and if you go back a few pages, by the time you catch on, they might be on something else. It's complicated sometimes.

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2008, 08:11 AM

I'm enjoying the event but it's hard to just jump in on threads. I tend to be a lurker at the best of times because I'm pretty shy, so this event is a little difficult.

Sirocco
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:12 AM

I have the same problem x.x
Today I have so big problems with jumping into conversation >.>
I even made a thread but, oh well, I guess it will die.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 AM

Feel free to jump in here. The shy folks have got to stick together! ^_^

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:14 AM

yep, i might make my own thread tomorrow.... an avi contest because i miss the avi contest that almost always come with the event.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 08-04-2008, 08:15 AM

I'm too boring to add anything to a discussion...I think that means my posts could be described as senseless spam. x.x;

Sirocco
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:16 AM

Sure, I will stay here :3

@vadeil: Then I will probably visit you there :)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

XD At least this is a thread to talk about having nothing to say? ::laughs:: That's why I mostly stick to the Sticky events that move slower... My Fantastic Feast is moving pretty slowly! And I can't help but spend time in the FAQ (answering questions when you know the answers is easy) and I can leave comments on some of the talent-related contests...

Finding regular chat threads is a little more difficult... so I tend to go towards the ones that are infromation-y (like the "Item Preview" sort of threads - like you ran during Phoenix Jubilee. X3 ) or "what is your favorite event item/event common". Because I can give information there too, or drop my own opinions and comment on the opinions of others. :3

Regular chat threads depends on me finding one that moves slowly enough for me to keep up and not so slowly that I forget that I'm chatting in it. >___>;

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

vadeil: I think that's one of the best ways to get talking, just start your own thread, then you're the one directing traffic ^_^;; Everyone else has to catch up with you.

Donna: Stay here and bore us darling. We all seem to have not enough to say. How was your day?

Sirocco: See, caught in my web of nothing to say!

CK: The way chat threads move is pretty intimidating. And keeping track of multiples is just hard. It's a lot of work to be a social butterfly! I'll just put out some pretty flowers to attract some butterflies. ^__^

Last edited by For-Chan Cookie; 08-04-2008 at 08:19 AM..

Sirocco
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 AM

Yes, it is one of the best way. But someone have to come to this thread XD

I think I tried today to talk in about 5 threads x.x Without success.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadeil View Post
yep, i might make my own thread tomorrow.... an avi contest because i miss the avi contest that almost always come with the event.
We had so many new events we wanted to try... we had to cut some of our 'usuals' from the roster. XD; There are probably too many events as it is. @_@; It was a real struggle to let the avatar contest go - but we would totally encourage users to make their own. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I'm too boring to add anything to a discussion...I think that means my posts could be described as senseless spam. x.x;
Pha! Lies! You're not boring. :B I've chatted with you before! XD

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 AM

I'm all over the place thoughtwise so even in my own thread I'd probably get lost. I'd probably resort to making some comment about a purple slurpee drinking elephant in a tutu and kill the thread by scaring people away.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 AM

But CK, I have become lurker! D:
I have nothing to say anymore. ;-;

Cookie, my day was rather like myself. XD;
But the event cheered me up. Something new and different in my tedious life. ^^

Sirocco
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzy View Post
I'm all over the place thoughtwise so even in my own thread I'd probably get lost. I'd probably resort to making some comment about a purple slurpee drinking elephant in a tutu and kill the thread by scaring people away.
Don't worry, I scare people away even without saying strange comments XD

@Cookie: Haha, yup XD
So how is your day? :3

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 AM

blitzy: *runs away* XD

Donna: You know, don't complain about boring days. My last few "exciting" days involved police reports being filled out. So thank your lucky stars that it's boring and you're not stuck with some crazy unwanted excitement D=

Sirocco: Not very fun. I had to work and it was slow and boring. Maybe tomorrow I can sneak on Mene >_> How bout you?

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:27 AM

Hahah that sounds fun to me. x]
As long as anyone's not killed. I've had too many friends die in car accidents lately. ><

Mene Switchboard
。◕‿◕...
Staff Envoy

Oh how sad *frowns* no one can be that boring they can't find anything to say, besides you seem to be talking alot *cheers up and giggles*

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

See I even scare people away from their own threads with my elephants. This is why I lurk.

Sirocco
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 AM

@Cookie: oh ;-; That's bad *huggles* Hopefully tomorrow you'll have more time!

Oh, welcome, Aimee! :)