Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 AM

EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 1ST!

Welcome to my art contest! Here, you can win some AMAZING prizes from the earlier Mene days! I welcome anyone who can to enter this contest as I have LOTS to give away!

Dates: Opens January 1st, CLOSED FOR ENTRIES AUGUST 1ST.

About The Contest: I've been on Mene since 2007, but have been inactive for a long time. I check the site out every once in awhile. But due to other obligations I have, I no longer spend time here beyond a bit of chit chat. Over time when I was active, I amassed a good deal of items. I feel it's better to give them to the community than let them grow dust in a semi-active account. So, fellow Menewshaians, I will be holding this lovely little art contest in hopes of getting some wonderful artwork!

Providing not everyone on the site enters something, I should have a prize to give everyone, if not... most everyone who puts some level of effort into their work! XD

What's there to draw? This is an original character contest, in that you'll be drawing some of my original characters from some projects of mine. :D

Disclaimer: Yes, this comic is attached to a similar site as this. Please note that I did get approval from Jellysundae before holding this contest, as this is not being done as any sort of advertisement. Please note that no images submitted to this contest will be used for promotional purposes on said avatar site (though I might post them in my hangout thread as, "OMG lookie at this cool art someone made! *_*" and nothing more). They will however, be added to the guest art gallery on the comic site, because that's where I put the art I have collected! Credit is ALWAYS given as I am adamant and respectful in regards to this! My reason for doing this contest is that I really want to give back to the community here, and gain some pretty artwork to remember my time here by. :)

Rules:
1. You are welcome to enter as many pieces as you wish! You may win multiple prizes. Runner Up Prizes are reserved only for individual persons--not multiple entries--who did not win any other prize.

2. All artwork should follow the rules and TOS of the site. No nudity, no naughty! PG-13 please!

3. Please do not ask if I am willing to sell/trade/give away said items. I really have no use for Mene gold/items, and I'm only interested in obtaining art right now. Once the contest is over, I will likely sell the remainder and keep what I'd like in order to keep some sort of dressed avi here. :) So if interested in the left-overs without artistic effort, wait till after the first week of April and we'll chat again. Thanks!

4. DRAW YOUR HEART OUT. ;D

Submitting your artwork
- Please make sure that your art is hosted somewhere that won't be deleted... at least within the next 6 months. I'd like to make sure that I'm able to save it!

- Please seed all entries via PM. Don't post them in the thread as that ruins the surprise for everyone!

- I will later post all entries, and all winning entries here.

Other Stuff
Average worth is determined from the price average in the marketplace. n_n I thought that would be fair n'uff estimate!

----------

THE BIG Prizes:

Best Overall:

2007 V-Day Hairpin average worth: ???bagillions??? What does it go for now anyhow?
Best of the best. This is my most prized item, probably anywhere. So I'd really like to see it go for some truly beautiful artwork. There is no set requirement, but I will lean more toward couple and/or group pictures for this. Simply because I did a really complicated piece myself in order to obtain this item back in the day. n_n;

L'amore (best couple):

Oriental Fan average worth: 71,800g
Share the love! Draw a lovely couple picture for this beautiful prize! Oriental Fans are hard to come by, it took me FOREVER to find mine!

Best Group Scene

Panda Slippers, Panda Headphones, Bee Headphones average worth: 14,784g
This one goes to the best group picture (2 or more characters), preferably involved in some sort of scene. What would be interesting to see or draw?

Friends Forever!

Astral Halo & Sleepy Melodies Harp average worth: 11,732g
The picture that best showcases one or more character's friendship(s) will win this lovely prize!

Real Emotion

Scarf of Order & Scepter of Order average worth: 10,388g
Draw a scene or the characters depicting some sort of emotion! It could be laughter, silliness, joy, sadness, guilt, despair, grief, fear, dumbfoundation... (is that even a word, lol?) Have fun and get some good practice drawing emotions! :D

Honorable Mention Group

Halloween 2007 Event Set (full) average worth: 6192g
This goes to the best group picture (2 or more characters) that did not win something above!

Single Character-Based Prizes:

Best Single

Winter's Flight and Glacial Circlet Average worth: 11,669g
This prize will go to the best individual character drawing (should it not fall into any other category). It can be full body, portrait, with a background or without. But it will clearly stand out as one of the best single-character pictures submitted!

1st Place Single:

Dove Headwings & Anklewings average worth: 7,608g

2nd Place Single:

Raven Headwings & Anklewings average worth: 6,172g

3rd Place Single:

Raven Anklewings & Dove Anklewings average worth 6,447g
(putting this as 3rd because although it's worth more than the 2nd place prize, you can only equip one at once)

Honorable Mention Single:

Jester Hat & Royal Cape average worth: 3,834g

Honorable Mentions
These prizes go to all honorable mentions and runner ups! These prizes will be given according to what is left, and what the item is worth in comparison! Here are the prizes to be given out.

Honorable Mention 1

Halloween 2008 Event Set (full) average worth: 2,664g

Honorable Mention 2

Winter 2007 Event Set (full) average worth: 2,412g

Honorable Mention 3

Jubilee 2008 Event Set (missing Granache Blade) average worth: 1349g
...I will see if I can hunt down the blade before the contest is over to make it a complete set. It's just not on the market atm. XD

Thanks for being awesome!
And because I'm lazy, all remaining persons (not entries, lol, individuals!) not winning something can win one of the following prizes from my invo. Just pick out of the leftovers. It'll be first come first serve. So check here often, respond to the PMs FAST if you want first dibs on something you'd really like! Of course, if there are a bazillion and one entries, not everyone will get something. But everything here is up for grabs to remaining entrants.

I did not have a chance to price check every last item, so I am SURE there are some items here that are worth more than some of the honorable mention prizes. If you see this, point it out and I'll create a prize for it (especially if it's a sneaky 5-10k item I didn't know about!)

What's up for grabs!

----------

Here is all the information you need to know on the characters to be drawn in this contest! I am not having avatar art done here but OCs. :D

About The Story The Road to Eden is a Sci-Fi story that takes place in a fictional/fantasy world where humanity has been forced to live within domed cities after a devastating war. A small group of people strive to find the secrets behind the war that caused humanity's captivity. After a retrieval mission for two of these "outsiders", they are set on a race against time to uncover the truth before it's too late.

References: x | x | x | x

Notes: Please note that Xan no longer wears his visor! I've not redrawn the beginning part of the comic yet showing this. But when he reappears, he will not be wearing it.

Personality: Quiet, Introspective, and thoughtful, Xan is always thinking of others and doing what he can to help with whatever he can. Usually this means doing various odd jobs around the villiage. Other times, he is sent on missions by the Rubicon faction to either gather supplies or conduct surveillance in a specific area of recent activity. Xan's downfall is his lack of courage in himself. He depends a bit too much on others, especially his closest friend, Kadri who he harbors a deep romantic longing toward. He fears being alone more than anything else, due to his traumatic childhood.

Backstory: Xan's father was a scientist. His mother was a very beautiful woman, but he has very faint memories of her. Shortly after his fourth birthday, she was kidnapped, leaving only his father to look after him. He befriended the neighbor's child, Kadri early on. After Port Veslinn was destroyed when he was five years old, the two grew up in a nearly-abandoned town nestled within a mountain range. It was a rough life growing up having to fend for one's self. Beyond that, a plauge swept through the area and wiped out many, including Kadri's parents. The young Xan was tormented because of his "demonic" eye color. When he was fourteen, he and Kadri eventually left and made it to Bajerbas, another nearby town. Soon after, they met Sophia, an engineer who escaped from New Eden. After that, things began to change.

Hobbies: Reading, mythology, history, fiction, collecting trinkets and objects from the past, spending time in nature.
Element: Fire

Weapon: Ether Pistols

References: x | x | x | x | x

Personality: On the surface, Kadri appears hot-headed, brash and distant. Yet, it is all a facade. She puts on a convincing act that she is tough and can handle anything on her own, but hides her true self in order to protect her home and those she cares for, not to mention her own psyche. She fears attachment, due to the pain she felt after losing her home and parents during her childhood. When Xan was young, she often protected him by beating up the kids who would torment him. Although now he's able to look after himself just fine, she won't hesitate to beat down anyone who even looks at him the wrong way. Kadri has a gentle side that is rarely seen, except by Xan or perhaps Sophia, "Boss". She won't admit it, but she loves Xan very much. It's the fear of attachment that keeps her from getting to close for two long.

Backstory: See Xan's backstory for more details!

Hobbies: Working out, fighting practice, hiking, most any physical activity. She has a secret obsession with dogs and wolves, and has to hide her "squee" urges upon seeing them.

Element: Wind

Weapon: Fists/Martial Arts

References: x | x | x

Personality: Born and raised in New Eden, the utopian metropolis, Roslin is cheeky, cheerful, helpful and kind. She has a tendency to space out, daydream, and lose total focus on the task at hand. She might seem like a ditz, but she does have a good head on her shoulders despite it all. She has an excellent singing voice, and dreams of one day being a musical sensation that tops the charts. Yet, she is thrown for a loop when she encounters Xan and Kadri. Roslin cares most for her family, her father and little brother Evin. Her mother, a scientist had gone "crazy" and committed suicide when she was 9 years old... at least that was the official story was anyway. Since then, she has given up everything in order to be there for her brother, acting in stead of her mother. Eventually, in events which I cannot disclose because it spoils a nice chunk in the story, lol... a sort of love triangle of sorts develops between Xan, Kadri and Roslin.

Hobbies: Singing, playing piano, fashion, girly things like hairstyles, makeup, nails, playing video games with her brother, cooking.

Element: Water

Weapon: Etheric Crossbow

References: x

Personality: Evin seems like your ordinary kid, and he pretty much is. He has a mischievous streak, but is generally a "good kid" in that he might not go looking for trouble, but it always has a way of finding him. He has little interest in school, he was enrolled in a very strict boys-only academy. His closest friend Lucian sets him straight, by not letting him get "brainwashed' as he puts it, by the teachers there. He loves video games, especially RPGs. If you asked him what he wants to be when he grows up, the answer would be different every other day. He really doesn't know, and doesn't care. He doesn't have any memories of his mother, as she died when he was still a baby. He wishes beyond anything that maybe it's not true, that she didn't really die, and it's all made up. Roslin insists that it's just his imagination, but a boy can dream right?

Hobbies: Video games, hanging out with Lucian and his big sister, drawing, writing stories, daydreaming.

Element: Earth

Weapon: Ether Staff/Rod

I'll post some good reference material of the other characters VERY soon! I have to sit down and draw them. D:

(tentative name, lol!)

This is a new project of mine. I'm not sure how it'll be done, whether written as a novel, drawn as a comic, or make some kind of webisode with flash or drawings and voiceovers? I'm not entirely sure!

This is a story about two aliens from outer space! One decides to go to Earth to stop a terrible event from happening which effects their world in the future. The other decides to come along with her, but they end up seperated. When they come here, they take on human forms and have no memory at all of their previous selves. So they have to find eachother, in order to complete the mission they came here for! It's sort of like a romance and adventure story! n_n

Eiyasha

True-Form Reference Picture

About her Eiyasha looks akin to a blueish elf, with long pointy ears and a light blue skintone and purple eyes. She comes from a planet that is mostly dark all the time, but sometimes it's daylight. There are also two moons, a big one and a smaller one. It's a high tech place, with tall buildings and cities. She loves nature though, so she lives near the a beach. The world is illuminated in blue light almost all the time.

She's very strong willed, compassionate, and caring. She's also pretty silly. Yet, she's not very sure of herself, a little clumsy, and prone to doing something stupid without thinking it through beforehand... she gets embarrassed easily!

Her favorite flower is the lunabloom! It's a pretty blue lotus-like flower that blossoms in the moonlight. Not only does it blossom, but it glows an aqua color, like magic! When you touch it, the flower closes up. She loves going into the grassy field near her house to watch the lunablooms open and glow in the moonlight.

Her human form is young (early 20's). She's artsy, girly, fun loving, silly, and maintains a good deal of her former personality. Yet totally oblivious and unaware of her true self. But she knows something is horribly wrong, but she can't put her finger on it. She tends to wear bright bold colors and gravitates toward purple and rainbows. She is a bit of a geekgirl, and particpates in many forms of geekdom. She dresses fairly trendy but always has a nerdy kind of shirt on (video game characters, internet memes, anime, etc) Her hair in her human form is long, black, naturally wavy (like her true form hair) but prefers to straighten it and blue eyes. She also has blunt (straight across) bangs.

Eai’ma

(actual references forthcoming)

About Him: He is similar to Eiyasha, but has pale caucasian skin and pointy ears (though not as long as Eiyasha's) along with dark hair. The top is pulled back and the rest is loose, two long chunks hang down in the front. He has green eyes. He's Eiyasha's teacher and mentor-type figure...person. He's always looking out for her, and making sure that she doesn't make a fool out of herself! He wants to make sure that she does well on her mission and decides to come along too, but he also has to forget himself entirely and become a human being!

His Outfit Is sort of similar to the tektek, in that he wears a long flowing robe, light blue or green in color (it should actually go down to his feet, but he has boots underneath). It would also have big sleeves like that. There's also a matching dark colored sash (say the robe is light blue, the sash would be dark blue) that goes over the shoulders with various techy-looking designs on them.

His human form, (2 years older that Eiyasha) he's a bit cynical/jaded, very practical, logical, denies anything but what he can see/touch/hear etc. He's very focused... but stuff happens which he can't very well explain. He's also a bit of a loner, and doesn't get out too often. On the other hand he will do anything to help a friend, but he isn't as eager to help strangers.

What will happen when they meet up again?! @_@! Will it be love at first sight!? ONOES! Anyway that is the jist of my story. XD

Last edited by Shion Uzuki; 05-25-2012 at 05:58 PM..

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-30-2011, 02:03 AM

View all the entries by going to the following album: http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...test/mene2012/

Password is mene2012 :D

Last edited by Shion Uzuki; 01-30-2012 at 03:51 AM..

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 01-03-2012, 05:43 AM

Oh wow thats a really cool idea :D
so im going to look for some cool ideas ^^

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 01-05-2012, 01:12 AM

Ooh, this is a good idea! I think I'll enter! :)

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 01-07-2012, 07:02 PM

I already have started with a pic :D im gald that we have so much time for it :D so i can take time for every single detail :D

Ultimate Fanbase Lvr
*^_^*
Banned

Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 PM

Ya know, maybe I will do this but I'll have to wait till more of my art books come into the library thursday.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-20-2012, 04:00 PM

wow, shiny~ <3 I have 2 months holiday~
All I need now is inspiration and motivation.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM

I think I might try as well. I have an idea of what I'm going to do. :D

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-21-2012, 12:33 AM

Wow wish i could draw xD

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 01-21-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Wow wish i could draw xD
for that you got the talent of trading ^^

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 AM

Lols @ Kas

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 AM

Yay! The first entry was submitted. I'm super excited to see what everyone does! *_*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-29-2012, 06:28 AM

Cool I can't wait to see them. :D

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 01-29-2012, 08:29 AM

how many entrys can we send?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-29-2012, 07:30 PM

Good start, congraties! <3

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasakir View Post
how many entrys can we send?
As many as you want! Though if there are lots of entries by other people, I will probably choose the best out of one person's submissions for a major prize, and if there are leftovers, I will give out more minor prizes for other submissions. It all honestly depends on how many entries are received.

Last edited by Shion Uzuki; 01-30-2012 at 03:06 AM..

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 01-30-2012, 03:08 AM

oh hey! Is that the Road to Eden from Avaricia? Awesome sause! I'll totes have to enter =3

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion Uzuki View Post
As many as you want! Though if there are lots of entries by other people, I will probably choose the best out of one person's submissions for a major prize, and if there are leftovers, I will give out more minor prizes for other submissions. It all honestly depends on how many entries are received.
nice :D so i will do one or two more pics ^^
im very motivated on that characters :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-09-2012, 01:40 AM

I'm curious. In the love triangle who likes who. I have an idea of what I want to do but it won't be right without knowing for sure.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-09-2012, 01:45 AM

Xan loves Kadri. Kadri loves Xan but is to proud / afraid to admit it. Roslin has a crush on Xan, Xan, through events that take place involving Kadri, mutually develops one for her, but it doesn't exactly work out due to... well, a plot spoiler. Roslin develops jealousy toward Kadri but later acceptance by the end of the story. :)

Also, I may be extending the deadline for this until there's enough entries. :)

Last edited by Shion Uzuki; 02-09-2012 at 01:49 AM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM

What meddling relationship. XD

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 AM

I am entering!! Those are totally awesome prizes! :D AND I have a month to make it perfect!!

Whimzica
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Whimzica

Old 03-06-2012, 05:25 AM

Oh I will try to enter this.
Loving the ref pictures!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-06-2012, 07:01 AM

Woot! More people joining! I like that. :D

`Haru