BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-28-2010, 04:06 PM

This is my 100 drabble thread, feel free to read on!

100 drabble theme taken from the 100 theme challenge on DA, variation 1.

If you read and have any comments feel free.

SPOILERX

1. Introduction
2. Love
3. Light
4. Dark
5. Seeking Solace
6. Break Away
7. Heaven
8. Innocence
9. Drive
10. Breathe Again
11. Memory
12. Insanity
13. Misfortune
14. Smile
15. Silence
16. Questioning
17. Blood
18. Rainbow
19. Gray
20. Fortitude
21. Vacation
22. Mother Nature
23. Cat
24. No Time
25. Trouble Lurking
26. Tears
27. Foreign
28. Sorrow
29. Happiness
30. Under the Rain
31. Flowers
32. Night
33. Expectations
34. Stars
35. Hold My Hand
36. Precious Treasure
37. Eyes
38. Abandoned
39. Dreams
40. Rated
41. Teamwork
42. Standing Still
43. Dying
44. Two Roads
45. Illusion
46. Family
47. Creation
48. Childhood
49. Stripes
50. Breaking the Rules
51. Sport
52. Deep in Thought
53. Keeping a Secret
54. Tower
55. Waiting
56. Danger Ahead
57. Sacrifice
58. Kick in the Head
59. No Way Out
60. Rejection
61. Fairy Tale
62. Magic
63. Do Not Disturb
64. Multitasking
65. Horror
66. Traps
67. Playing the Melody
68. Hero
69. Annoyance
70. 67%
71. Obsession
72. Mischief Managed
73. I Can't
74. Are You Challenging Me?
75. Mirror
76. Broken Pieces
77. Test
78. Drink
79. Starvation
80. Words
81. Pen and Paper
82. Can You Hear Me?
83. Heal
84. Out Cold
85. Spiral
86. Seeing Red
87. Food
88. Pain
89. Through the Fire
90. Triangle
91. Drowning
92. All That I Have
93. Give Up
94. Last Hope
95. Advertisement
96. In the Storm
97. Safety First
98. Puzzle
99. Solitude
100. Relaxation

Last edited by BlackCart29; 01-24-2011 at 03:18 PM..

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-09-2010, 05:11 PM

1. Introduction

It didn't happen like she expected.

Alex had always anticipated that it would be dramatic. A government address, all forced calm and sweating brows, full of sweeping phrases that would never save anybody. It would definitely start in a big city, spread out like the plague from New York City or D.C.. The general populace would only find out about it when it was too late to stockpile, on a day so overcast that the very sky looked dingy.

How she discovered that the end of the world was coming, however, wasn't nearly that dramatic. The sun was out, warm beams reflected in the smiles and good humor of everyone. A Sunday morning for gentle strolls and singing birds. That is until a man stumbles out into a crowded area. It's Wisconsin, nothing bad happens here. So the people look up, at the man and only think that he is homeless, or deranged or both. Perhaps they should call someone, he's stumbling around and his eyes are bloodshot. He stumbles toward a small girl with yellow ribbons in her hair, she's only little, maybe six. She's innocent and small and no one will ever remember that she was the first carrier.

And then he sinks her teeth into her neck. And then it has come.

The end.

Last edited by BlackCart29; 11-13-2010 at 03:34 AM..

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 PM

Vampire!

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2010, 04:18 AM

Zombies actually. :l

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-18-2010, 02:13 AM

Arg. I need to do another drabble. I just don't know on what.... Haha, Marg? Choose a prompt and I'll do Max x Mel fluff on it! Hell yes!

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-18-2010, 03:18 AM

38. Abandoned
45. Illusion
54. Tower
75. Mirror
76. Broken Pieces
91. Drowning

Any one of these xD Something that is definitely not ordinary to them.

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-18-2010, 03:42 AM

91. Drowning

"God. You're an idiot. I always new that about you of course, this just really brings it home." Carmella said, looking down at the man flailing in the De Rosencourte family pool. "How is it possible that you can't swim?" She asked, slipping her cover up off and sliding into the water at the other end of the pool, far from the medium size waves that the American was creating.

"Shut the hell up!" Max replied, flailing to the side of the pool, so that he could hold on long enough to speak to Carmella. "You're an evil evil girl you know that?" Max asked, pouting at his recent girlfriend and longtime enemy, Carmella De Rosencourte. "Most people would help when they saw their lover drowning. Not Carmella." Max added, more to himself than Carmella, "Bitch." He finished, letting go of the side of the pool, promptly sinking like a rock.

"Ah!" Carmella gasped, "Most lovers? Most lovers can fucking swim! Dumbass!" She responded, making her way over to where Max had sunk down, reaching down harshly and yanking Max up by his hair. "This is the shallow end you idiot. Just stand up." She said in a flat tone, letting him sink back slightly, where he came to rest on his knees.

"I was practicing! Angelus and Doyle want us to go to fucking Cuba Carmella. And they want us to Swim there!" Max shouted in disdain, before regaining control of himself and laying back down in the water, doing the only move that he was familiar with, 'please god don't let me die' flail.

"It's called covert ops Kane. I'd think you'd be familiar." Carmella replied, coming to float at his side. "Well, since we're being dropped from the 'copter about two miles off shore, you'll need to swim that entire distance." Here she snorted, "and don't expect me to help you."

"I don't need your help!" Max shouted back, but the statement betrayed him, because in order to say it he broke his concentration, stopped flailing and ultimately sunk again. Carmella pulled him up once more, laughing his reddened and waterlogged face, dropping a harsh kiss on his lips almost against her will.

"Since I don't want you to drown, we better start practicing. Dumbass."

They spent the rest of the day in the massive pool, going from end to opposite end. Max ultimately learned how to swim well enough to reach Cuba, but only fueled by Carmella's constant heckling.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-18-2010, 03:47 AM

I can't press "Like" on that post!! ;_;

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-18-2010, 04:17 AM

38. Abandoned

(before they're together but after deep respect has been established...ETA about 1year after Rome meetup)

It had been a simple op. Go in, kill everyone, get out. Max had accomplished the first two stages perfectly, then the boat left without him. He hadn't been working with his team, but a setup of guys working out of Italy. Max should have known not to trust them, the problem with Mercenaries is that their loyalty comes with a price, and if someone can outbid you ... you end up lost in a jungle in Borneo with no comm system.

The first day, he simply lay low, gathering edible flora and avoiding the dangerous predators. Then, they found him. The Italians had left him on purpose, so that his enemies could pick him up, injured, hungry, dehydrated and desperate a day later. The interrogation was nothing he couldn't handle, water torture, physical abuse, that old bag. Max took his blows and laughed. When asked for information he'd only say "please sir, may I have another." And he always got his wish, in a punch to the body, or hit to the head.

He lasted for three days, in this way. Then they changed tactics.

"Is this your sister?" The lead interrogator asked, holding up a picture of Emily cut from a newspaper, and laying it on the table. "My men in Boston just picked her up. They're going to violate her and then kill her." Max didn't respond to this, though his internal turmoil was devastating. He reasoned his way out of it. That was only a newspaper clipping. They would show recent pictures if they had any. A bluff."Is this your god son?" He asked again, displaying a picture of Seamus, only three months old. "We will blow up his daycare." He added, pushing Max even deeper into the mess of his own mind.

Max bowed his head, forced to an end by his heart that no physical pain could lead him to. "What do you want, ass-wipe?" Max asked, allowing his bruised chin to rest against his own chest. "I have money, I'll pay you."

"We want information on the De Rosencourte's. We know you're close with that fam-" The interrogator began shouting, but he was cut off and blow back by a shot to the head, and his three men followed in quick succession. As they all dropped to the floor, Max could have cried with relief.

"Ethan! Ethan! I'm so happy that you're here!" He yelled out, struggling doubly against his bonds.

"Ethan's not the only one that's a good shot, bastard." Carmella replied, slipping his bonds of his hands. "It's bullshit by the way, Seamus and Emily are both safe in the compound." She added, slinging the large man's arm over her shoulder, to drag him bodily out of the shack and back to safety.

"Carmella. Thank you. I... I don't know what to say." Max replied, unable to meet his saviors eyes.

"Yeah, well I couldn't just abandon you. You're a pain in the ass alright, but if anyone's going to kill you, it's going to be me. Now shut the hell up and haul your own weight."

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-19-2010, 04:46 PM

I started my drabble thread xD Was debating whether I should or not after you signed off. So I did. Whee!

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-19-2010, 05:08 PM

That's balling! I'm gunna go check it out now
(oh online for the day now, I decided not to take any big trips, I'm going to chill so much insteadddd)

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-20-2010, 11:26 PM

Okay my turn to pick.

79: Starvation

What is it with the 70s we're picking? xD

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2010, 07:06 PM

79. Starvation

Max simply couldn't take it anymore. He'd been working with Carmella for almost two years now, and had known her even longer than that. Their jobs and their stations had thrown them together time and again, time and again. He had grown accustomed of her at first, then in need of her. When she wasn't there he would pose questions to the empty air on his left shoulder, where they would hang with no reply. His missions alone, didn't even compare with those they did together. They weren't as clean, as efficient, as successful. He'd become a half of a team, and now he needed her to fill in the other parts.

Thus had been his mentality for many days, many months, when it came to the person of Carmella De Rosencourte. These feelings, however, had come especially to a head recently because Carmella had taken a three week stint in Africa. He hadn't been allowed to go because it wasn't an operation, it was official business for the public face of the De Rosencourte family, establishing clinics for children in some of the most desperately stricken parts of Africa. Damn kids.

"Damn kids." Max muttered to himself, swishing his drink around in his glass.

"Oh, Maxie. Honestly now?" Doyle replied from across the table, from which he surveyed Max with an aghast expression. "Have you really sunk so low that you are begrudging impoverished children now?" He asked, hoping that Max wasn't serious in his complaints.

"Oh hell yes I am." He responded, making eye contact with his best friend and confidant. "I'm a little kid! Help me! Help me!" he mocked, setting down his glass so that he could flail his arms in an unkind representation of childhood. "And I think it was bullshit that I couldn't go. I'm great with kids."

Doyle sighed and rubbed the crease between his brows, before responding. "First of all. You hate Africa. It's hot, and no one there likes you." Ignoring a rummbling from Max that it's not his fault that he'd assassinated so many leaders on that continent, Doyle went on. "And you hate kids. This is demonstrated by the fact that you just made fun of kids dying of preventable diseases." Doyle said, barely able to keep the laugh off his face, he knew what was really on the man's mind after all. "And finally, there are enough rumors flying around about the alliance between our families without you going down there and representing them." He finished, leaning forward to try and engage his friend.

Max wouldn't hear anything of this logic. "I like Seamus!" Was his only defense, and before he could build anything else his cell phone rang. Max froze, that ring tone, Bitch by Meredith Brooks.... that was Carmella. That was Carmella's personal line. There was no cell phone service where she had been in Africa. It was a week early, but ... could she be back already? Max waited a few more beats before answering the phone with a composed, "'Sup?" While his face betrayed his childlike joy.

"Whatever bastard. I'm going to be in Boston in an hour. My room better be the same as how I left it." She said, happy to hear the voice of the biggest idiot packing heat in the world.

"No. I booby trapped it .... again." He replied honestly, breaking out into laughter at the end of his statement.

"Erg. God, what are you, five?" She asked, almost growling into the phone, "I'll see you in a bit." She added, clicking the phone shut.

Doyle simple observed the look of wonder and elation on his bosses face, before he thanked his heavenly Father that the woman had finally returned. Max had been starving for her, and his starvation had finally come to an end.

"Shit. I just thought of something else good to add to the traps in Carmella's room. What do you think of a box of roaches in her tub?" Max asked, sprinting off before Doyle could respond.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-24-2010, 02:04 AM

HAHAHA I had to read this like 3 or 4 times while I was at school. Now I'm at home and I find you give me the PERFECT ringtone <3

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2010, 04:47 AM

1. I love love love the avi right now!

2. I just whipped it up, it's a bit too fluffy for them but I want to indulge myself :love: and I thought that ring tone thing was HILARIOUS

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-24-2010, 05:04 AM

Thank you <3 I fell asleep for like 10minutes and then my mom came back and Bones was over. FML. But yeah I was like...I really wanna use the damn corset, and thus 金 の かみさま に なりました。

I don't care if it's fluffy, it's goooooood <3

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2010, 05:10 AM

Alright! And, I know we're taking a break for a while, I just challenged to keep it going. For, you know, whenever.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-24-2010, 05:17 AM

: ) Well we're on a break from RPing...as for drabbles, those can go on and on and on and on (don't stop...belieeeeeeeeeving)

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2010, 05:20 AM

hold on to that FEEEELING!!!

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-25-2010, 10:26 PM

Ok I've got an idea for mine but it's gonna have to wait till I bring lil shawty home.

Happy spanxxxgiving!

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-26-2010, 04:07 AM

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm excited for the drabble :mrgreen:

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-27-2010, 06:59 AM

Mine's done. Though it's a bit longer than I expected it to be.

Your next challenge is 30: Under the Rain

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-28-2010, 06:31 AM

30. Under the Rain (4 years post Rome)

It was raining the day that they found out. Not a very auspicious beginning to a new life, but then again, it was Carmella and Max after all, nothing could go quite as it should.

"You bastard!" crash "you worthless piece of American shit!" bang "I'm going to shoot you" actual gunshot.

This of course being a normal day in the De Rosencourte - Kane flat in London. Even though they only lived in one apartment they'd long ago been forced to purchase the entire building as a measure against people calling the police when they pair had one of their daily blow out arguments.

Max dodged behind the coach, and rolled to the comfy chair. If he could make it to the coffee table there was a kevlar vest attached to it underneath, for just such an occasion. He loved Carmella, that didn't mean he wanted to die by her hand. "Mel. Mel baby" He began, but the bullet whizzing by his face told him that he'd chosen the wrong endearment for the day. He reached out and snatched the vest from under the table and suited up before saying anything else. "Mel, this is a good thing! We're going to have a baby!"

Carmella sneered at Max from across the room, where she saw him huddling behind the comfy chair. "This is not a good thing. We're not married." She said first, firing into the plaster behind his head, "I can't work if I'm pregnant," she added, pulling the trigger again, "I don't want to get fat," another shot, "and I don't even fucking like you." She finished, firing her last shot and letting her gun drop to the floor.

Once he knew that Carmella was out, Max stood to face her, but kept her hands raised. "You know Carmella, it's not all negative." He said, slowly walking toward her. "How many people have you killed? And me?" He asked her, as he came to stand in front of her.

"There's no way to know. Hundreds." She said flatly, not regret in her tone.

"That's true, and we've been been indirectly responsible for hundreds more." He said, sliding a hand down to rest on her stomach. "But we just made a life." He said, smiling down at his lover.

Carmella felt a smile tug at the edge of her lips but she forced it down. "Yeah, and it's going to be the most targeted child in the world. How can I bring a child into this world?" She asked, gesturing toward the window from which they could see the rain pouring down, making the world look bleak.

Max had to smile at Carmella, obviously already resigned to her fate. "My first baby! What a lucky woman you are to bear my first chil-" Max began before he was cut off by a blow to his head by Carmella. As he slumped to the ground Carmella let her land slide down to rest on her stomach, and she let herself dream of dark haired blue eyed girls. Or maybe Red haired, dark eyed boys. Even under the rainy sky, her day was now full of possibilities.

Last edited by BlackCart29; 11-28-2010 at 06:48 AM..

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 AM

This makes me giggle <3

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-29-2010, 01:01 AM

I know right?

FLUFF. Total Fluff