Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 08-20-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p o p p e t ♥ View Post
I guess I should have put only factual questions and only allowed specific ratings based off of those. The ratings can be too based off of personal preference and simply on how someone views another, and that's not really fair to anyone. It's too late now. *shrugs*
You can always amend the rules to suit these things. Anyone who submitted prior to today could keep their reviews but all from today after need to meet the new guidelines.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM

This thread needs some attention. I need to catch up on ratings, I've got a couple of PMs with ratings, and then I need to ping some new RPers over. I promise I'll catch up guys! *runs off to make coffee with NEW KITTEN* :D

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 PM

Kittenz!!! :D

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-21-2014, 06:43 AM

I haven't been in this thread in a while.... ;3

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 AM

I'm excited! I'm finally part of a large group RP, I might be able to get some ratings in here

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-21-2014, 07:06 AM

My status so far has been crap-tastic. Totally have not been sticking to my RP's posting guidelines. /sweat

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-21-2014, 07:08 AM

You mean the ones listed on the front page?

I'm terrible, if I tell my partner I'll reply the next day (cause it's my day off) I NEVER get to it. But if I don't tell them, the pressure is off and I'll reply sooner sometimes. But then I feel bad cause 3-4 days have gone by sometimes and I wish I could've warned them it would be that long >_<

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-21-2014, 07:10 AM

So far I keep getting upset because something goes wrong and I lose the post I spent a good few hours on and I get so depressed I don't want to write anymore. = 3=

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-21-2014, 07:14 AM

Oh shi... Yeah, I've done that. Do you usually not write it all at once?

Though recently it's been like "This is wrong with your post... You should change it" then I change it, and it's not as good X_X

Mostly that's because I'm a plot whore... I totally took it over with one of my RP partners >_>

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-21-2014, 08:06 AM

I multitask, so as I'm writing I'm playing tetris, listening to music, watching a show, rereading the play in a separate window, chatting in a different window, etc.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 08-21-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
You mean the ones listed on the front page?

I'm terrible, if I tell my partner I'll reply the next day (cause it's my day off) I NEVER get to it. But if I don't tell them, the pressure is off and I'll reply sooner sometimes. But then I feel bad cause 3-4 days have gone by sometimes and I wish I could've warned them it would be that long >_<
Psh, 3 to 4 days is nothing. Try 1 month to 2 months gaps between your posts. It's not that I want to be gone that long but my life just gets out of control. Thankfully, I have awesome partners who don't mind the wait (most of them know that I've been having serious relationship issues and have been trying to fix them/get help.).

Personally, I feel like the posting frequency thing should be a non issue. You'll post when you can post and if people have issues, then they can leave. But that's just me ^^;

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-21-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
Psh, 3 to 4 days is nothing. Try 1 month to 2 months gaps between your posts. It's not that I want to be gone that long but my life just gets out of control. Thankfully, I have awesome partners who don't mind the wait (most of them know that I've been having serious relationship issues and have been trying to fix them/get help.).

Personally, I feel like the posting frequency thing should be a non issue. You'll post when you can post and if people have issues, then they can leave. But that's just me ^^;
For people like you and me, yes, it is a non-issue.

When I first started RPing though, I was all about how long it took to get a reply, and it killed my drive/inspiration for the RP when I had to wait a long time for replies. For some people, the time is important.

I make it obvious in my request thread, so I hope people pay attention to that before starting an RP with me

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-21-2014, 06:56 PM

I think there are times when you wanna post fast, and times when you want to post slow. Not everyone has the ability to pop out posts like popcorn and stay completely interested or have something to say. After awhile of doing anything over and over, you lose your interest or the drive. Does not mean you hate the rp or the activity. Just means you need a break, to take a step back and to do something else, focus on something else. Most of the time eventually if you do take small breaks, you can re-interest yourself in it. If you keep pushing yourself though, you will kill off your love and interest in it altogether.

Shikabane Hime
So...tired....just...let me....d...

Old 08-23-2014, 09:12 PM

*noms on cake as I listen to everyone*

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-26-2014, 07:15 AM

*raises hand* Has anyone here been so nervous about writing a good post they drop their characters into a plot hole so someone has to walk over and give them dialogue to work with? I used to have lazy days like this where I'd have my character run off and someone bored would chase me. * 3*

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 PM

You don't have to be nervous, Alexander. <3 RPing isn't competition or anything, it's for your own fun. :) But I'm sure someone will chase after your character soon enough. xD

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-26-2014, 02:15 PM

*bangs head on desk* I'm letting this thread fall behind again. Can't. Keep. Up. With. Everything. *dies*

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-27-2014, 06:33 AM

You do so much, poppet! Don't hurt yourself! *waterbottle*

Shikabane Hime
So...tired....just...let me....d...

Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 AM

*drinks some water watching*

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-14-2014, 05:37 AM

I see another ooc has popped up, poppet! ^___^

CrabbyIce

Old 09-26-2014, 09:20 AM

CRABBYICE

Posting frequency: Multiple Times a Day (May miss a day every once in awhile due to school, but am on later at night!)
Posting length: 2-3 Paragraphs (or more)
Gender preference: I will play both male and female.
Sexuality preference: Hetero-, Homo-, Bi-, A-sexual. All :)
Role-play size: I will play in both group and one-on-ones.
Role-play genre preference: Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror, Modern, School Based, Fan Based, Drama, Action, Romance.
Specific likes: - Minimum 2-3 sentence reply!
- Character development. Not the same old bland responses time after time.
- OOC plot/character discussion.
- Realistic romance!
- Please understand that I am not on constantly. I work and go to school full time. Menewsha is my downtime. If it gets stressful, it's not exactly fun. But I am on every day.
Specific hates: - Mary-sues/Gary-stus (who doesn't though?)
- Bland characters. Give them a personality. Give them faults and problems! Make them have different expressions for different scenarios.
- Unless it's in the plot, don't make your character fall in love with mine right off the bat. I will never design a character that makes that possible.
- Don't nag me to reply (unless it's been like 3 days and I haven't given a reason). Nagging and getting angry at me because I didn't respond in 1 hour will only make me not want to RP with you.
Are you open to try new things? Yes, feel free to contact me if you think I might be interested in something!
How can we contact you? PM me or leave a visitor message.
Other: I usually play the more dominant/aggressive role, but I enjoy playing the opposite too. Of course, if both characters are similar, that's even better! I'm very versatile with what I will write. I love exploring different characters and stories from all sorts of angles. And I'm more comfortable putting my RP partner's preferences above mine when it comes to who they want to play/what plot, so don't be afraid to be open about what you want to write! I'm horrible at deciding everything.
Rating links: N/A *DO NOT TYPE OR ERASE IN THIS SECTION*

Thanks so much for making this great thread, Puppet! It's an awesome idea!

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-23-2014, 05:20 PM

Alexander J Luthor: blueblackrose: Cheshire_cat: Chibipet: CosmicFoxKitty: CrabbyIce: Dustywebs: finx15: hillary84: Kat Dakuu: Kilia: Kiyoto: Libra: ~LONGCAT~: Penella Goldeater: PapillonCameo: PrincessKasumi: Q U E E N: sadrain: SeaSaltEyes: Shadami: Shikabane Hime: @silvergamer; Sporcle: SuperZombiePotatoe: ~Wild Spirit Wolf~: Xavirne:

I've pinged everyone who's added a listing to the Role-player listing thread. I'm reviving this thread and there have been updates, so read the first page! I've removed the ratings portion. While I'd have liked to have kept it, it was too much upkeep.

I've also added an update form, and added something to the regular form (both forms anyway). So you guys get to updating where updates are needed and invite your role-player friends!

TO THE REVIVAL OF THE LISTINGS! :D

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 11-23-2014, 05:23 PM

Oh dammit. I never got around rating some people I should have. But I am glad to see this thread come back and I might still post a rating or two unofficially, so people checking this thread know. :)

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-23-2014, 05:24 PM

*pokes at rainy to re-read my post*

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 11-23-2014, 05:27 PM

I think my headache is making me dumb. I read you removed rating portion, hence my reply. @_@ Also, we need a post example now? Oh darn, those are always hard to pick, haha.