Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-02-2011, 03:11 AM

Do you like scary movies? I know I do!:O Let's chat! What are your favorites? What makes a movie scary or just plain lame? Ghoulies? Ghosties? Things that go bump in the night?

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 03:16 AM

My all time favorite horror movie has to be 13 Ghosts! I know it's an older movie but the ghosts are fantastic and the deaths aren't as predictable as one might expect. (Ok, except for the psychic. But, come on! It's the psychic!)

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-02-2011, 03:19 AM

The original or the remake of 13 Ghosts with Tony Shaloub?

The original was campy but fun to watch, the remake was interesting, pretty visually stunning, the black zodiac was a cool idea and all the steam punk-ey elements in the glass house were pretty neat.

I'm a sucker for a ghost story, but that one wasn't scary to me, but it was fun. :)

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 03:22 AM

Oh, the new 13 Ghosts :) I haven't seen the original. Really should check that out. :) I agree it wasn't as terrifying as other ghost stories are, but the visuals are amazing!! I agree, the black zodiac was neat :)

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-02-2011, 03:30 AM

The old one was super campy, you could actually see the string holding the skeletons up. XD

I was just about to start watching Rosemary's Baby for the billionth time, it's a classic favorite. My absolute favorites change regularly >.< , but I have a special love for werewolf flicks. :d
Just bought American werewolf in London & Paris, the next one I'll be getting is GingerSnaps back, I have the other 2 already.

Worst horror flick I've seen has to be Fear.com, it's like a 2 hour Marilyn Manson video ;P absolutely boring and not a bit scary, I think I actually fell asleep. >.<

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 11-02-2011, 03:36 AM

LOL, I've seen the original and not the new 13 ghosts! Hiya Sally:) How are ya liking the event:) I see we have the same tastes in glasses!

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-02-2011, 03:40 AM

It's fun so far, I can't wait to see the event items! :insane: That's my favorite part!

I can't believe you haven't seen the remake :shock: It was pretty popular....to make fun of :ninja:

The one I never get is The Grudge, so many people think that movie is soooo scary O.o it just seemed like bad Halloween makeup bought at the 99 cent store and the noise they find so creepy, yeah, my cat makes that noise when she has indigestion. :X =^o.o^=

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 03:41 AM

Yay glasses!! I didn't see all of Fear.com, but what I did see was kind of confusing. I take it there is no satisfying conclusion? Oh, and if you haven't seen the new 13 Ghosts, I highly recommend it! It isn't mind-blowing or terrifying, it's just really enjoyable. :D

----------

Lol, I haven't seen the Grudge; but apparently I make one of the noises from that movie. It creeps out a friend of mine which is kind of funny. XD

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 11-02-2011, 03:43 AM

Sleepwalkers will always be my favorite for campy...The Shining for suspense. Such a classic!

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 03:45 AM

Nice! You know, I'm realizing how much I am lacking in the horror movie arena. I haven't seen the Shining either, and that's a classic!! :idea: Time for a horror movie marathon me thinks. :)

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-02-2011, 03:47 AM

*shudders* The twin girls from the shining were sooo creepy. It is a good one for sure, definitely a better one by Stephen King.

Sleep Walkers was awesomely bad >.< lol, and quite often I'm reminded of it when I look out on my front lawn and see 40 stray cats all waiting for noms X.x now that's scary.

@Rinetteable, your teradactyl hungry noise is pretty close to the grudge noise. XD
And definitely! I can't believe you haven't seen the Shining!

And we do have awesome taste Dar, these glasses rock!

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 03:51 AM

The Shining is fabulously creepy. "All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy."

My all time favorite scary movie and still creeps me out is, Pet Cemetary. *shudders* Saw it when I was 5...not the movie for a kid to see. Reading the book as an adult hasn't helped either. Still freaks me out.

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 03:53 AM

Yeah Pet Cemetary was very creepy! :D I can't imagine watching that at 5!

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-02-2011, 03:53 AM

I loved the newer 13 Ghosts. It was neat.

Any slasher film and I'm all in. Freddy is my man. I also loved Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 03:58 AM

House of 1000 Corpses was pretty good until the very end. They completely lost me!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 04:01 AM

The Hills have Eyes was creepy...but the Hills Have Thighs was the true horror movie :gonk: Gotta love Cinemax

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 04:04 AM

Lol! The Hills Have Thighs? Really?! I didn't see that coming XD

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 AM

The part in Pet Cemetary that got me was the scalpel to the back of the ankle >.< still all I think of when I think of that movie. *shakes off the heebee jeebee's*

@Andais, yeeeeessss....you hit on my ultimate creep out, not that particular movie, but hill folk, icky icky icky :gonk: And I am making a point never to ever watch anything called the Hills Have Thighs X.x just sayin'

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 04:09 AM

Lol! I'm with Sally on this one, no thigh-having hills for me! Now, what are your opinions on monsters? Weird movie ones, even weirder legends?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 04:09 AM

Beyond Campy B-rated softcore kind of stuff. My husband and I could not stop laughing. My older sister came home and got caught up in it. The really bad part, we watched in fast forward. Makes it 10 times better.

Hill people don't bother me much, it's just the darkness in general. Don't take me to horror movies cause I tend to yell at the characters...a lot. Same with scary video games. Lol.

If you get the chance, read the book. However, the part that got me the most was the mother remembering the night her sister Zelda died, the horrific noise and she was all alone. *hides under the covers*

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 04:11 AM

Yeah, I yell at them too. Books freak me out just as much as movies, if not more so!

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-02-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinetteable View Post
House of 1000 Corpses was pretty good until the very end. They completely lost me!
What confused you?
It was pretty straightforward. The girl tried to escape, but Captain Spaulding brought her back to the Firefly family. Captain Spaulding was in on it.

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 AM

Hello fellow horror lovers :)

My favorite horror movie is House on Haunted Hill (oldie but goodie), just saw The Haunting (also oldie) and it was awesome! I really like the suspense horror more than anything with gore.

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 AM

Oh not the very very end but when they went down the 'rabbit' hole so to speak. They went from being crazy to it being all real. O.O My suspension of reality must have snapped.

----------

@nike Stay away from the new Haunting!! It does not compare to the old one. It is so very campy!! (Unless you're going for campy :) )

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 04:19 AM

Read the foreword by Stephen King and he states that Pet Cemetary is one of the few books that he has written that gives him the chill. He got the idea for the story when he and his family were living in a house very similiar to the one in the story and there was a very busy road with fast cars and big trucks. His son did make a beeline for the road one time and he caught him in time, but there was that little nagging thing in the back of his mind, what if...Hence Gage being hit by the truck.

Seems like the event is slow to get going...