Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:34 AM

Yeah, I wonder what happened with Ernya for it to suddenly close down like that.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 01:53 AM

I'm trying to remember now, I think the owners were like...either married or business partners but either way it went sour because the one owner was super rigid (or so I've heard) and only wanted things to be done HER way and she didn't want to relinquish control to anyone else, which was making things difficult for staff and the other owner. I also think the site was in the hole financially so she (both owners?) decided to shut it down but obviously went about it the wrong way.

Last edited by Cinderella; 04-26-2019 at 01:57 AM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:56 AM

Oh wow. It's a shame that things went down that way.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 01:58 AM

Yeah, we all went to log on and the site was gone...like I mentioned elsewhere, it was brought back for a few hours so people could save things but then shut down again without any warning, so people that missed that just didn't get to save anything. Really sad.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 02:06 AM

I guess I should start screenshooting stuff on Mene just in case. D:

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:51 AM

It can't hurt, that's for sure! Unless you don't have the phone or computer space for them, then maybe that wouldn't be so good. 😛

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 03:09 AM

Screenshots shouldn't take up too much space in my computer, I hope. My laptop's mostly used for playing games and surfing the Internet so there should be enough space for all my screenshots. I don't tend to use the Internet much when I'm using my phone...my phone's almost exclusively for phone calls only, with the occasional app game or two.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 12:24 PM

Oh, yeah, you should be fine, then.
I don't have my own computer right now (I really need to get on buying one, because it's getting annoying having to share and use my phone for everything).
It's funny, I almost never use my phone for actual phone calls, mostly texting and the internet and some apps. 😛

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 12:50 PM

Who knows. But at this point im expecting one day the site just ceases to exist and the name being available. I would probably have to hire a coder and rebuild mene from scratch.

But then he could also just sit on it for 10 years I he even remembers we exist.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 01:30 PM

Let's hope not. ☹️
But at least if you have the funds to do that, there's still some hope if the site DOES happen to go down.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 02:07 PM

I think I read somewhere that the server is paid for until 2023?

Oh I forgot, I also use my phone for the LINE texting app. Though I've also installed it into my computer so sometimes I just use my laptop for texting since I type faster on a computer keyboard than I do on a phone keyboard.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:16 PM

I actually think I read that somewhere too! That's kind of a relief, although if Inso continues to neglect the site...☹️

Oh, my friend uses that app! From what I can tell, it's basically like WhatsApp?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 02:22 PM

On one hand, I'm glad that maybe the site will at least last until 2023 at the very least, on the other, I'm still constantly worried that the site will just disappear one day...

I think so?? I'm not very familiar with WhatsApp. It's pretty much like texting and you can use various stickers and stuff.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 03:57 PM

I have used line. I mostly do discord as nobody ever contacts me with line. So it's a waste of space.

If that's the case it gives me time to be ready should he decide to pull the plug :)
I may not be any good at coding or anything but I will do anything I can to save mene. Even if that means starting it from scratch

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 06:02 PM

@Nisty: oooh, stickers are fun, hehe.

@Poet: that's true, you've got time. 😊 And I think you'd have a good little bunch of people willing to help you resurrect the site should the need arise.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 07:55 PM

Very true should I have any way to contact them. Many users who would be an amazing help have either already quit or do not use discord.

I've myself mostly switched to discord as I can not use almost all of my items as I am on mobile.

I feel that the only way to save mene is to make it a mobile friendly or even a mobile focused site as people get older they do not have time to be sitting at a computer.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-27-2019, 02:24 AM

Oh, that's a good point. Losing touch with people is sad but inevitable, I guess. 😔
I think mobile-friendly is definitely the way to go! So many people do so much on their phones now and it would really help the site appeal to more people. ^^ I mostly use Mene on my phone so it would be great to have it optimized for mobile.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-27-2019, 02:36 AM

I agree with this so much! A mobile-optimized version of Mene is what we really need. Well, second to all of the bug fixes from the server move.

If money is the issue, I think a “save Mene” event with a $ goal spelled out could be successful. I can’t be the only one who would donate cash if we were given a clear goal and a promise that Mene would be fixed. They could re-release some single-pose rares (like the rainbow & sakura shirts) or recolor some single-pose CIs (like the King & Queen Crowns in silver) to fill out the cash shop. I think those would be popular and sell well enough to drum up some cash.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-27-2019, 03:12 AM

Yeah, definitely need a mobile-friendly version. D:

Recolors would be a nice way to make some funds. :)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 07:48 AM

Fera I would definitely be fine with that. The market is broken as is adding recolors won't do any damage so if they had 10 recolors and a goal I think it would be doable. But of course owner has to be willing and there's the risk not enough users remain

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-29-2019, 08:43 AM

Apparently the web server for Mene was down yesterday...
I was kinda freaking out...thinking that since this site has seemingly been abandoned by it's owner, that Menewsha had bit the dust and wouldn't return...
So...I decided to search for other sites that might pique my interest and I ran across a site named Trisphee.
Trisphee holds a striking resemblance to Menewsha...the profile pages are nearly identical and the forum threads are set up the same way.
The shops are a bit different and there are many color options for items.
I did not join...hoping that Menewsha would come back up...but I did lurk around a bit.
I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone wanted to check it out.
I am overjoyed that Menewsha's web server came back to life!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 01:09 PM

Oh, they look kinda nice. :O
Might navigate there if Mene ever goes down for good...which hopefully won't happen for quite a while yet.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-29-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
If money is the issue, I think a “save Mene” event with a $ goal spelled out could be successful. I can’t be the only one who would donate cash if we were given a clear goal and a promise that Mene would be fixed. They could re-release some single-pose rares (like the rainbow & sakura shirts) or recolor some single-pose CIs (like the King & Queen Crowns in silver) to fill out the cash shop. I think those would be popular and sell well enough to drum up some cash.
Yes to the "save Mene" event! I wouldn't mind donating to something like that.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-30-2019, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Yes to the "save Mene" event! I wouldn't mind donating to something like that.
I stand by the idea! I think it could work as long as there was a clear goal and commitment to fixing the issues.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-30-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
I stand by the idea! I think it could work as long as there was a clear goal and commitment to fixing the issues.
Yeah, I would definitely want a commitment or else I wouldn't give any money. It would be one thing to donate if the site was doing well, but when it's in this shape... they're not getting my money unless things get fixed or they provide some sort of timeline for fixing things. 😕