Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-20-2014, 01:42 AM

While he slept, Ken had drifted into a dream of he and Amir hiding in a small closet from some crazy fans. In the dream Amir was keeping Ken close against him, close enough that Ken could hear Amir's heart pounding in his chest. When the fans had left Ken looked up to see Amir leaning down, getting closer and closer as if he were going to kiss him. That's when the Real Amir's voice woke him up. Ken jumped a little, not realizing he had fallen asleep so quickly.
"S-sorry about that." Ken said, quickly getting off the bed as he rubbed his eyes. Ken looked at Amir and blushed slightly, remembering his dream. He coughed slightly, clearing his throat and acting as if nothing had happened, "I guess I was more tired than I realized."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-20-2014, 01:57 AM

Amir offered a bright smile. "It's fine, Ken. You were really active tonight. An officer's here to take your statement, and ask if you wanna press charges." He looked back at the officer, who nodded and sidled into the room. Amir remained outside with the rest, and the girl, who had been cut out of the plastic cuffs and given an oversized jumper. She looked up sheepishly when Amir turned his gaze on her.

"Sorry... I really am... I just..." She shuddered. "I just wanted to see..."

"I know. But that doesn't excuse your behavior." Amir crossed his arms again.

"I know... Please don't press charges, I swear I---"

"That's not up to me anymore, that's up to Ken." He looked at the other officer and then leaned against the wall behind him. It was still rather dim in the other room, but he was sure he had seen Ken's face flush yet again. He snorted, shaking his head. He had to stop thinking these things.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-20-2014, 02:48 AM

"So you stripped down to your boxers, unaware the young lady was in the bathroom?" The officer asked, checking everything he had written down.
"Yes sir." Ken nodded.
"Then when you opened the bathroom door the young lady tackled you?" The officer asked, Ken nodded and the officer continued, "You then tried to push her off but she tackled you again?" Again, Ken nodded, "And that's when your body guard came in and pull her off you?"
"That's right." Ken said, rubbing his arm as he watched the policeman write a few more notes.
"And the whole time she was in her underwear?"
"That's right sir." Ken replied.
"Alright I have everything I need." The man said, flipping the note pad closed, "Are you wanting to press any charges against her?"
Ken was tore between his options. In one sense he wanted to because she scared the crap out of him. Though at the same time she was still a minor and just an over excited fan. If he did press charges then she would be known as that crazy fan that jumped him in his hotel room. Ken remembered how cruel teenagers could be. He scratched the back of his head as he thought about his options.
"Sir?" The officer raised an eye brow. "Do you want to press assault charges?"
"I don't think so." Ken said, "But I do want to file a restraining order."
"Alright then." The officer nodded, walking back into the other room with Ken fallowing behind him.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:14 AM

Amir stood upright when Ken and the officer came out. The girl had been taken out to sit in the back of the cruiser already, and only the officer that had been with Ken was remaining. "Is everything okay now?" He asked the officer. "Is there anything we can do...?"

"There won't be any charges against the young woman, but tomorrow we'll bring a court order to sign, then serve the young woman."

"Will her parents know of this?" Amir asked, more curious than anything.

"Oh, of course. She'll have to contact them from the station."

Amir nodded quietly as the officer bid them goodnight. He stepped forward and locked the door again, shaking himself and leaning against it. "Well... that was an experience..." He muttered. "I'm sorry I didn't check the rooms, Ken, I should have done that outright. It's not like this room is a vault and there could have been a psychopath in there..."

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-20-2014, 06:12 AM

"No, no, it's fine." Ken said as he waved his hand, "She was just a little over excited. Besides, this is the first time one of them was in our hotel room!"
Ken wasn't sure if that would make him feel better or worse. He hoped it would make him feel better. Ken put his hand on Amir's shoulder, "Besides, you came to me really fast when I called for you. I wasn't so freaked out when I knew you were in the next room. I... um... I feel a lot safer knowing you're as close as you are."
Ken smiled at him, trying to reassure the other man.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:52 AM

Amir sighed a little, not quite reassured. He knew his job and it wasn't hard. Make sure no one was around that didn't need to be around, and make sure everyone gave him some breathing room when they were out. Chase off the cameras, make them stay away while Ken was just trying to live his life. He smiled at Ken, however, to reassure him in turn. "Ah, well... I'm keeping my guard up next time. It never crossed my mind that a crazy employee might hide in your room." He chuckled at the concept, resting his hand on Ken's and squeezing gently. "I'm glad you feel safe around me, Ken. Glad you can trust me." He stepped toward his door, releasing Ken's hand.

"I checked the door, it's secure. Let's see if we can actually get some sleep this time, yeah?" He paused before stepping into his room. "See you tomorrow morning, Ken." He slipped away, closing but not locking the door, and replacing his gun under the pillow on his bed. Right where he could reach it no matter what. Sometimes he would wake from horrible nightmares and grab it, pointing at nothing in particular until the visions were reduced to the darkness of his room. Because of this he kept the safety on before stripping out of his clothes and wriggling under the blanket, trying to close his eyes to the flurry of activity in his head.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-20-2014, 02:50 PM

"Y-yea," Ken said, fighting the urge to blush as the other mans hand slipped away from him, "See ya in the morning!"
Once Amir was in his own room Ken relaxed, his whole face going red as he flopped down onto his bed face first. He groaned into the mattress as he thought to himself, 'I really am hopeless. He can't even touch my hand without me blushing like some love struck school girl!' He crawled on his belly up to the head of the bed, letting himself get comfortable as he grabbed the second pillow and held it close to him like a teddy bear.
Ken laid there for a moment, letting the events of the day play in his head. He sighed, shifting around till he could pull the blanket over himself. 'What a day...' He thought, his eyes getting heavy as he yawned. In a few minutes, the young man had drifted off, snoring quietly.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:22 PM

Amir fell into a light sleep, nothing especially deep, so that he could be quickly awakened by a disturbance. His dreams were a curious mix, muddled at first and indecipherable. Characters from his book held an inaudible conversation at a cafe, until he left to emerge into the backstage area with his ears covered against a crazy crowd. Out on the stage was Elsa and her mother, who was holding something; a restraining order against him, never allowing him to see Elsa again. He tried to go forward, but fell when something grabbed his ankles and knocked him onto soft, damp earth. Rain was falling, hard enough to sound like cheering---or was it screaming?

The people were trees now, and the thing on his feet was a man covered in mud, dark eyes flashing with a murderous rage he knew all too well. He spun back around and kicked, forcing himself away to the rifle he'd dropped when he fell. Just a few feet away from his outstretched hands, Amir lunged and grabbed it as something descended like a black cloud over him

He curled into himself, clinging to the spare pillow beside him.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-20-2014, 10:43 PM

Ken groaned when morning came. With a cat like stretch he crawled out of bed, making his way to the bathroom. Remembering last night he cautiously opened the door. Seeing everything was still okay he walked in, turning the shower on. He let the events from last night play through his head as continued with his morning routine.
'That was some night.' He thought as he dried his hair with a towel, 'At least we've got a few days off before the next show. And Amir can see his daughter too! I wonder if we could get into their town before it's too late today.'
Ken slipped out of the bathroom and went to his bag, pulling out his light blue jeans, bright red tank top, and a short sleeved black zip up hoody. When he finished getting dressed he knocked on the door leading to Amir's room.
"Morning Amir," Ken said with a smile, "You awake?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:57 PM

Amir growled in the struggle and managed to toss the enemy off and away, positioning his rifle. Before he could pull the trigger, however, something grabbed it and knocked him in the head, and he opened his eyes, wrenching his pistol from under the pillow and sitting bolt upright, looking around until the rain and mud seeped out of his memory and a quiet, dim room remained. He dropped his gun and sighed. "S-sorry, Ken." He untangled himself and stood on shaky legs, brushing back his wild hair, which was dampened by sweat. "Didn't mean to startle you if I did..."

From time to time he felt like the danger to Ken. A danger that could easily hurt, or kill, him before Amir even realized what he was doing. It frightened him but it didn't happen, all he suffered from was the nightmares and the occasional sense of dread in his stomach.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-20-2014, 11:11 PM

"N-no, you didn't." Ken replied, with a concerned look, "Are you okay?"
'He must have had another nightmare.' Ken thought. He knew Amir had nightmares, a lot actually, but he didn't say anything about it. He didn't want to bring it up since he always looked so shook up after having one.
"I'm going to make some coffee," He said, motioning over to the small coffee pot on the small sink counter by the bathroom door, "Do you want any?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:35 PM

Running a hand over his face, Amir nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine, just... the usual." He checked his gun and made sure he hadn't, without realizing, flicked the safety off. The orange half of the lever was still in sight, so he set it under the blanket. "Sounds good, though, yeah." He shook himself, trying to get rid of that cold feeling in his chest. It always lingered for a while after an especially intense nightmare.

Standing, he gathered some new clothes and his equipment, bringing them with him as he stepped out of his room. "I'll be quick, then we can wait for that officer from last night with the order..." He nodded, sliding into the bathroom that felt as though Ken had only recently left, and closed the door. Something warm would get rid of the cold in his chest, trying to squeeze his heart.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-21-2014, 12:10 AM

"Take your time," Ken said with a smile, "if he shows up while you're in there I'll just knock on the door."
While Amir was in the bathroom Ken started getting the coffee ready. He flipped the little red button, listening to the gurgling sound the coffee maker made before it started dripping the dark liquid in the pot. Ken watched the liquid drip, humming a random melody for a moment before his eyes widened.
'Gotta write this down!' He thought, humming the melody over and over in his head. There were always moments he'd come up with a melody and think he would remember it later, but it was rare when he actually did remember the melody. He quickly grabbed the note pad the hotel kept by their room phones and quickly drew three sets of five lines.
"Duh dun dun dun dah duun duuunn" He quickly scribbled the notes down, "dun duh dun dun daah duh dun..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:57 AM

Amir stepped under the heated spray and closed his eyes, letting the water heat him and siphon off the uncomfortable sweat and the air from last night's activity. He cooled down the water before washing his hair, shivering slightly as the heat was replaced by a chill that wasn't frightening or painful. He hesitated before shutting off the water, standing with his eyes closed and his head bowed. There was a sense of relief merging with him, now that he knew where he was, what was happening, and he was away from the chaos.

Sighing, he turned the water off and finally grabbed a dry towel from nearby, drying his hair first and putting it in a quick ponytail, then dressing himself and replacing his equipment on his belt. His gun he placed in its holster on his right, then he stepped out and found Ken writing something down while mumbling to himself. "Are the voices in your head again?" He asked playfully, checking the coffee maker and pulling a pair of cups from the overhead cupboard.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-21-2014, 01:20 AM

Ken laughed as he looked over at the taller man, "Yes they are and they gave me a melody for a new song! I can't figure out the lyrics though."
He gently bit the tip of his pen, shifting through the couple of pages he had scribbled music notes on. He looked from one page to the other, an eye brow raising as a confused look crossed his face. The pen dropped from his mouth as he let out a frustrated groan, his hands going to his head as he messed up his hair.
"Why didn't I number these?!" He sighed looking from one page to another, humming the notes as he tried to figure out which page ended and started each other.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:31 AM

Amir rolled his eyes, filling both cups and setting one down in front of Ken, along with a small box of sugar cubes Amir never traveled without since his sweet tooth dictated quite a few late-night snacks and morning caffeine. He tipped six into his hand and dipped them into his cup, stirring them around as they dissolved. "Ah, you're almost as scatterbrained as I am in the morning." He said, stepping away with his cup to sit in a chair nearby. "I ought to show you my violin skills someday." He said, sipping the hot liquid and nearly burning his tongue. "Now if only I could read music..."

He had taught himself several instruments based solely on a huge amount of practice and listening, then copying music he had heard. Now he could experiment with melodies and put coherent songs together, but he could never write them down. Once they were in his head, however, Amir never forgot them.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-21-2014, 01:49 AM

Ken glanced at the cup of coffee and set his papers aside.
"Thanks for the coffee!" He smiled taking two sugar cubes and dropping them into his cup. Ken chuckled a bit, hearing Amir refer to himself as a scatter brain was really funny to him.
"You can play the violin?" Ken asked, lighting up. He remembered Amir said he could ask him anything, 'This would be the best time!' He grabbed his coffee cup, turning all of his attention on Amir, "Can you play anything else?!"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:01 AM

Amir twisted slightly, throwing his legs over the arm of the chair and lying back with his coffee in both hands. He nodded, shrugging a bit. "I play violin well, but I prefer piano. I like some guitar music, and cello, but it's hard to play casually because it's so big..." He shrugged. "I like to carry my violin in one of my bags... I admit I don't know the first thing about what each string is called, I just tune it until it sounds right and start putting together some melodies." He laughed, twisting the cup in his hands. "I didn't bring it with me this time... It's in my house, along with the other instruments... So if we drop by to see Elsa, I can show you some of my music." Hopefully it was an appealing offer. He did miss home almost as much as he missed Elsa, and he lived in the same town as her and her mother.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-21-2014, 02:15 AM

"I'd love to hear you play!" Ken said enthusiastically, a wide grin spreading across his face. "All I can play is the piano, but maybe we could play together some time?"
Ken really liked the idea of being able to play with some one. The thought alone almost made him want to jump with excitement. The fact that Amir could play so many instruments made Ken like him even more. Ken would never admit it, at least outside of his own head, but he was a sucker for guys that could play an instrument. Especially the violin.
A knock on the door made Ken jump. He set his coffee down and went to the door, looking through the peep hole.
"It looks like it's a cop." Ken said, turning to Amir.
He wanted to believe that it was indeed a policeman, but after last nights experience he was feeling a little cautious.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:54 AM

Amir nodded, grinning. "That sounds pretty good." He said, sitting up. "I'd love to hear you play piano." They could do a duet, in a way. He loved the sound of a violin and a piano together, making sad, gorgeous music like few other things could ever manage. His violin had silver strings, which could produce more of a clear, sharp sound. Paired with a piano was almost unheard of since he always played and experimented on his own.

When a knock at the door sounded, he sat up stiffly and stood with a swift movement. Setting his cup down, he approached and peered out into the hall. The man was familiar, so he was one of the two that had arrived yesterday. Amir nodded to Ken and unlocked the door, allowing the officer in under a watchful gaze. "Officer."

"The judge will approve the order after you and Ken sign this document." The officer said immediately.

"Me?" Amir tilted his head.

"You're his guard, you're under the same presets."

Amir nodded, glancing at Ken.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-21-2014, 03:26 AM

Ken looked over the papers the officer gave him. He had never dealt with this kind of stuff before. After reading the papers he looked around for the pen, finding it buried under one of his papers.
"Where all do I sign?" He asked, looking to the officer.
"Sign here, here, print here, and then sign here." The officer said, pointing at the different lines.
Ken placed the papers against the wall as he signed the papers and then handed them to Amir.
He let his mind wander to the idea of him and Amir playing a duet together. The thought brought a smile to his lips as he wondered what kind of song they could play together. The only other time he preformed with someone else like that was with his ex, Kazuki. He thought about how Kaz would play his saxophone while Ken would sing along. Ken shook his head, pushing the thought away, 'No, no, no! We've got important things going on now! I need to pay attention!

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:34 AM

When the papers were handed over, Amir took them to the nearest flat surface available---the wall beside him. He wrote on the line beneath Ken's signatures and handed the papers to the officer. "Thank you very much. If there's anything required later, is there a phone number I can reach you at?"

Amir nodded. "I tend to take any non-business calls in Ken's place." He used a scrap of paper to write down his personal cell number and handed it to the officer, who folded it and pocketed it.

"I'll add it to the contact information when I get back to the department." The officer smiled, excusing himself and ducking out of the room. Amir made sure to secure it, then turned back to Ken. "You okay?" He tilted his head at the strange, distant look on his face.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-21-2014, 04:42 AM

Ken waved at the officer before turning his attention to Amir.
"Oh yea, I'm fine." Ken said with a smile as he waved his hand, blushing slightly, "I was just starting to think about you and me playing together." He pause for a moment as he walked to the bed and sat down with his sheets of music, "It's kind of funny, thinking about that made me think of my ex, Kaz. I haven't talked to him in a while and I was just starting to think maybe I should text him or something. But then I remembered we were still messing with those papers so I should worry about that later."
Ken laughed sheepishly as he stacked his sheets of paper together, 'Of all times, why am I thinking about Kaz now?'

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:16 AM

Amir twitched. He felt almost... jealous? No, that wasn't the word. He shook himself and stepped around to his seat again, taking it and throwing his leg over the arm again. "Think so? I don't think it'd be much problem with getting in touch... if you're still on good terms and all, I mean." He twisted a bit, rearranging himself so he wasn't being prodded by his radio. It was his fault, after all, that he felt so protective of Ken. Ken was different than the ones he normally kept out of harm's way. He was a bit younger. The rest seemed to keep themselves aloof, and generally full of themselves. Hopefully Ken would never become as sour as all the others Amir had been assigned to.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-21-2014, 08:01 AM

'Hm?' Ken noticed the twitch, 'What was that? Does he not think it's a good idea to talk to Kaz? No, he would have flat out said that...'
"Actually, we get along pretty well still." Ken said, grabbing his coffee and sipping on it, "It's actually cause of him that I became a singer. In high school we were in choir together and he'd always help me when I'd go to solo competitions. He kept pushing me and pushing me to make a career out of singing and then when he heard that a scout was in the crowd at my last competition, he's the one that convinced me to sing a totally different song to get the scouts attention. The teacher was so mad when I went all acapella with a pop song, she was about to lay into me when the scout came up and asked me to call his agency. It was after I signed the contract that Kaz said we should break up, since I was going to be on the road a lot and all that." Ken shifted on the bed, bringing his knee to his chest, "Actually, it was for the best that we broke up. It was a few months after that that he started dating someone else, then Vivi heard that Kaz had had a crush on another guy for the last month or two we were together. So it would have happened one way or another and I honestly was glad we broke up before my career actually started."