Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 11-28-2014, 09:45 PM

The alarm went off, but for a moment the mass of covers on the bed did not move. After a bit of the music playing however, slender fingers finally found their way out of the covers to the snooze button. He did not wish to get up. This had been the first bit of rest he had gotten in awhile, but he knew that he had to get up. Work came first in his life. It had for a long time, and it possibly would for a long time more. Pushing away the coveres, legs slipped over the edge of the bed. He pushed himself up, only clad in a pair of black pajama pants. It made his strawberry hair stand out even more, which looked pink enough already as it was. He moved to the bathroom, taking a quick shower before he dressed in a pair of white pants, a blue button up shirt, and a pink tie. He pulled his hair back a bit out of his face as usual, before he headed out to the hall.

He knocked on his nephew's door, allerting him that it was time to wake up and get ready for school. After that, he made his way to the kitchen as he usually did, proceeding to make his coffee. He did not even think about food, not hungry in the slightest. He knew it was not a good idea to starve himself, but it was not like he did it on purpose most of the time. He was often bust with work. At the moment however, he was simply not in the mood for food. Instead, he lingered long enough to make sure his nephew got up and busy, before he headed out. He had a patient coming in today, one who would need him at his best. He was going to have to get to work and read over the files before they arrived. He sighed slightly. Things had never been really easy for him. Not now, and not back then .

Akari was a man of science, of work and the mind. He had always been that way, which caused a bit of trouble between him and his family. Now however, after all that had happened, the only family he had left was his nephew. He pushed those thoughts away, ignoring them for what felt like the thousandth time. He had no time for such things. Instead, he focused on the drive, running through information in his mind on what he needed to get done today. As he approached the big hospital where he worked, he took a breath. His hands tightening on the wheel a fraction for a moment. He slid his car into its usual spot, before stepping out of it. It did not take long for people to spot him, many of the nurses already swooning at his approach. They waved and giggled as he passed. Some of the doctors even seeming a bit flustered when he passed by them.

He was polite enough to say hello, or give them a nod in passing, but little else was exchanged. They all expected it from him by now. He was a man of little words, other than where work was concerned. When it came to more of the personal stuff, he was a brick wall as they said. He did not like opening up to much, which made him a mystery to most. That was fine with him, they did not need to know more about him than he told them. He headed up to his office, stepping inside with a sigh. Reaching up to the hook by the door, he slipped off the lab coat that hung there. He would have to get started now. He worked in the labs, as well as in the emergency room, which was where he would be most of today. He moved to his desk, picking up a file that had been left there. Time to get started.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 11-29-2014, 12:32 AM

Chu was already there, on the same floor just a few doors down in his own office, headphones on loud enough that he could not hear anything outside, but not so loud as to allow others to hear his music. is right foot tapping out the beat for a moment before he started swaying in his chair. He was getting two new patients today, one who had already had the amputation and just needed a new physical therapist to help them adjust and build their strength, and another who was scheduled to loose a leg that day due to damage to the blood vessels. He read over both files nodding his head along to the music as he stood and left his office.

The music in his ears changed and he could not help but dance along the hall to the Micheal Jackson song blaring in his ears, a few doctors scoffed at his 'unprofessional' attitude but the nurses generally liked him and would giggle conspiratorially as they watched him dance to Thriller on his way down the hall. He was generally seen as a very happy, bubbly character, but no one here knew yet about his past, and to avoid the disaster that had happened at the last hospital with regards to people treating him differently, he told no one why he had move across the country and always wore gloves on his hands, either leather, or the rubber that was required to exams.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 11-29-2014, 02:46 AM

A slight sigh passed through his lips, as he sat the file back down on the desk. He lifted a hand, using his fingers to pinch the bridge of his nose. He could already feel a headache coming on, even though it was still early morning. Shaking his head, he needed to get down to the lab to check on a few things, before his patients arrived. He turned, walking to the door. Opening it, he stepped out into the hall.

He was not aware right away of the other, until he nearly bumpped into him. His arm went out, so if they did collide, the other would not fall as a result of it. His eyes moving to the male he had nearly come into contact with. He knew him, he was another doctor here. He worked more with amputiees and such, so they often crossed paths in such cases. He had not been here long, the two of them not having much time for conversation outside of work. Then again, that went along once more with him not speaking much about himself outside of work.

"Forgive me" he says, "I should have been more careful where I was going." He spoke calmly and coolly, maintaining eye contact as he did so. He was used to dealing with people, even if they said he did not come off perfectly to some people. He had mixed reaxtions with some people he met. Some thought of him a work a holic, others thought of him as a an arrogant or more cold in nature kind of guy. It mattered little to him about what most people thought about him. He continued to move forward, with or without their support.

Few could argue however, about how good he was as a doctor. At the top of his classes in medical school, and top in his field in many ways. Drawing himself back to this man he had come into contact with in the hall, he looked him over a bit. He noted the gloves, he had before. Though it was not his position to ask it. He knew the choice to not wish for others to know about his past. So it would not be kind of him to try to push within someone else's past as well. Giving a nod, he turned to head on about his business.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 11-29-2014, 04:26 AM

Chu yelped, and tugged the ear buds out of his ears and looked up at the man he had nearly ran into. "Oh! It's not your fault. I should really pay more attention to my surroundings." His brow furrowed, "Hmm...I've seen you around, don't we share a few cases? Your a surgeon right?" He asked as he followed after Akari, the man was currently heading in the same direction. He took his i-pod out and turned it off.
"I have a young man going into surgery today, are you doing that one?" He asked and looked up at Akari, now that he was no longer dancing down the hall if someone looked close enough they would notice the slight difference in his walking, how he leaned a little more to his right.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 11-29-2014, 10:35 PM

Akari raised an eyebrow, as the other seemed to follow him. He guessed it was not to odd, since they were heading the same way, but the talking made him a bit unsure. He nodded a little at his questions. "Yes, that would be me" he says, "Akari...Akari Tsukimo." He looked on ahead of them, as the other went on to bring up his case coming on, and that he was working on a child. A child who needed to go into surgery. He nodded a bit, remembering his cases. "I do have a case today. A young man needing assistance with some damage" his eyes moved to the other, "if that is the case you are referring to, then yes. I believe we will be working upon this case together." The other seemed to be a bit more loose, meaning carefree and open with his emotions and feelings. Akari could not help but both admire and frown upon that. Letting one's self be ruled by their emotions could lead to problems. However, they were able to do what he could not. They were able to wear their hearts on their sleeves, and let their true emotions out. He had partially desired to do so in the past, but had never been one much for all of that. People told him he should be more open, but it just was not really him.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 11-29-2014, 11:10 PM

Chu listened intently and nodded as he stretched his arms over his head before placing his hands on top of his head. "Chu Otonashi, I started here about three...no, four weeks ago, I'm liking it here so far. I am actually on my way to see the patient, see how he's doing." Chu paused for a moment and let his hands drop, "This kind of damage can be hard to get through." He said softly and drew his hair over his shoulder, he was wearing it loose today. Since he was not a surgeon he did not have to worry as much with his hair, he glanced at Akari and gave an easy smile. "Are you on your way to see the patient as well?" He asked easily, he did not listen to the rumor mill, especially being new to the hospital, however he also had no expectations of people, not expecting the easy openness he himself had from others, so e did not look at Akari oddly when the man kept his strictly professional attitude.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-02-2014, 08:23 PM

Akari looked down at his paperwork, only half listening really to the words the other was saying. Why did he feel compelled to tell him this? He did not rudely say anything, allowing the other to speak as he wished. He finally glanced up at him, with his comment of the patient. When he was asked if he was going that way, he shook his head. "I am actually on my way down to the labs" he says, "I have some work to do down there, before I head up to see the patient." He glanced back at his paperwork, before they arrived at the elevator. He pressed the button, and a bell dinged as the doors slid opened. He motioned a hand politely, letting the other enter first before him. He might have been rumored to be colder and more standofish, but he was also rumored to be a perfect gentleman. He did it without even thinking, purely being a good man to those around him.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 12-02-2014, 08:30 PM

"Alright." Chu smiled easily at the man, blushing and entering at Akari's gesture to go first. He hit the button to his floor then the button to the labs.
When the doors dinged open to the patient floor he smiled at Akari brightly, I'll be seeing you latter I am sure." He said before heading down to the patient's room to talk with him about after the procedure. He would wait with the patient until the surgeon came to talk to him about what he was going to undergo and to get him to sign any papers needed.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-09-2014, 07:39 PM

Akari followed suit, stepping in after the other. He remained silent within the elevator, having little to say as the other seemed content with remaining silent as well. When the doors opened, the other spoke to him. He gave a slight nod, watching as the doors closed once more. He frowned slightly, now alone within the elevator. He traveled down to the labs, to take care of pre-op things. There was not much time it seemed, before he was heading back up to talk to the patient himself. He entered the room, his eyes on his clip board.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 12-12-2014, 02:57 AM

"It will not be easy, but I promise that it is possible to have a perfectly normal life." Chu said not noticing the surgeon walking in.
The young man on the bed glared daggers at Chu, "And what do you know? I don't care if you work with others, you can not possibly know how it feels to know you are going to loose a limb!"
Chu sighed and ran his hand through his hair before he pulled up his right pant leg and knocked on the metal. "I assure you, I know the journey is possible, because I have made it myself." He said softly, the young man looking away in shame, he just happened to turn towards Akari and let out a small gasp as Chu straightened his pant leg to cover the prosthetic once more. "Ah...This is Dr. Akari, he is to be the surgeon." Chu said and moved to sit in one of the chairs in the room.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-14-2014, 06:45 PM

Akari had allowed his eyes to lift. It was not uncommon for the patients to show such disarray in the wake of something like this. Though he had little words of comfort for them, and it was not as if many wished to listen anyways. When the other said that he indeed knew what it was like, and proceeded to show his own older wounds, Akari raised an eyebrow. A slight frown tugged at the corners of his lips, but he remained silent. It was not his place to speak up at the moment, especially in the presence of a patient, against another staff member. When the child noticed him, and the other introduced him he sighed slightly. Use of his first name...He shook his head slightly, before turning his attention to the boy.

"The procedure is quite forward and simple enough...you will not have to be under for to long" he was aware his words could be seen as coming off as slightly colder, more down to business rather than something else. He saw little reason to sugar coat it, it changed nothing in the end. The boy was about to lose a part of him, should he rather hold his hand and tell him everything could be alright? The boy had been true in his words of them not being able to know how it would turn out. In the end, even if they shared such tragidies with him, it was in the end up to the boy. It cae down to his strength, and will to survive and make the most of it. Otherwise, he would slip and fall on his own will. Nurses came in, ready to take him to surgery. Akari lingered behind for a moment, finishing the paperwork.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 12-14-2014, 06:56 PM

"He will be fine." Chu said softly and offered a smile at Akari before he watched the boy be taken to the operation room. He let his smile fall and his face straighten, serious for the moment. "It is usually those who put up the greatest fight who come out better after something like this...though I am not sure about this one. Part of the entire process is in how much work the patient is willing to put into it and whether or not they see themselves as whole even with the prosthetic instead of flesh and blood. Chu sighed softly and ran his hand through his hair again before gathering it and tugging on it. "I hope he does not spiral down." He murmured as he sat in the chair in the room. His own battle had been hard enough, and he was always down himself when he thought others would let the disability get to them.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-22-2014, 06:20 PM

Akari sighed, his eyes turning to the other for a moment as he began to speak. He frowned slightly, listening to his words. "You can not control how a person will respond, what they will do. It is their lives, and weather you like it or not, they will do what they want with it" he again was not trying to be mean, but his words could be coming off as more blunt and cold in nature. He was aware of this, but he could not so easily turn them to coming off as warmer in nature. He took a breath, reaching up to brush a hand through his own hair. "I have to get to work" he turned away from him, moving to the door. He should have probably said something more comforting, something...possibly anything. He paused for a moment, placing a hand on the door frame. He sighed slightly, "I am sure it will work out in the end..." he stepped out.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 12-23-2014, 04:35 AM

Chu moved to open his mouth in protest but then actually thought about the words and slumped in the chair. Akari was right, the only thing he could control was himself. He heard Akari leave and he steepled his fingers in front of himself, tapping his chin with the digits. He stood and moved, leaving the patient room and hour after Akari had, he made his way to the staff lounge and sat in one of the arm chairs in the back. He peeled off his gloves and set his hands in his lap and looked at them, he traced along the cool metal with his right hand, tracing over the metal plates that made up his left hand. His own choices had left him in his current state, several pounds of metal attached to just help him get along, and to blend in better with every one else.