Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-17-2016, 10:51 AM

I'm ok for the most part now. It was a serious case of Pneumonia, I've recovered.

I'm glad we could put you a bit in an easier state of mind. That should be our first and foremost job, and somewhere along the line we got so caught up in everything else that we'd forgotten the fundamentals of what we stood for over other sites. Our sole purpose is to make you guys want to keep coming back, and if hide from you and make you think we aren't around then we've failed.

We're working on something to alleviate and hopefully we'll be able to get some of that out fairly quickly. But in the meantime, if you have any concerns don't hesitate to ping me, or even shoot me a PM. My PM box is always open to questions and concerns. For you or anyone else who might be reading this.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-17-2016, 11:43 AM

This was fascinating reading, I must say!
Re: Wings and swords, sword of Duality was incredible in that we finally have an item pose (via the jacket) that allows for ARM MOVEMENT. This is something I personally have been secretly wishing for since around 2012, but knew wasn't very likely because of the practical difficulties involved. If more swords are what's needed to get cool developments like that off the ground, then give me an armoury!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-17-2016, 12:44 PM

Yeah, wishie has been experimenting with movement that is within our capabilites for a while now, we just finally found a way to do it. Its hard because the real arms of the avi are still underneath the item so the item itself needs to be bulky enough to cover them.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-18-2016, 09:43 AM

I apologize for THIS late reply - I had a busy Sunday and wasn't on the computer at all yesterday :P

I am glad that Cora and I could answer some of your concerns. We are really hoping to get things back on track so that the users can enjoy events and new items. :D

If I married you...would I have to change my name to Mrs. Right? :P

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 04-18-2016, 04:43 PM

I'm glad that whole misunderstanding back there seems to have been resolved

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-19-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I apologize for THIS late reply - I had a busy Sunday and wasn't on the computer at all yesterday :P

I am glad that Cora and I could answer some of your concerns. We are really hoping to get things back on track so that the users can enjoy events and new items. :D

If I married you...would I have to change my name to Mrs. Right? :P
I'm sorry. You know what they say, "Two Wrong's don't make a Right."

It's a cruel world.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-20-2016, 01:28 AM

This newest CI would have been the perfect opportunity to "correct" Mene's original jester hat as the original is simply black. What is wrong with recoloring some of the old CI's and releasing them anew?

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-20-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
This newest CI would have been the perfect opportunity to "correct" Mene's original jester hat as the original is simply black. What is wrong with recoloring some of the old CI's and releasing them anew?
I agree with this. But when it was suggested before (I think I may have also suggested this some time ago), some users were against this idea. Said it would decrease the value of the original items. I think recolors could really do Menewsha some good. I have older CIs and wouldn't mind them being recolored.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-20-2016, 02:13 PM

We actually do have another jester hat that was a precursor to the new CI. The CI came out a few years ago called Midnight Carnival. It has the same color palette as "The Fool" but has a nice jester hat in both the teal/purple palette and the black/red palettes that are used in this new CI.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-20-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
We actually do have another jester hat that was a precursor to the new CI. The CI came out a few years ago called Midnight Carnival. It has the same color palette as "The Fool" but has a nice jester hat in both the teal/purple palette and the black/red palettes that are used in this new CI.
Aaaarrrrrgh! You're right. Everything you stated about the jester hat within the Midnight Carnival CI is true. My apologies for overlooking this fact.

More thoughts later...

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 04-21-2016, 02:22 AM

Yup there was someone who wore both of them at the same time and the overall jester hat looked really awesome

---------- Post added 04-20-2016 at 10:22 PM ----------

I forget who it was, otherwise I would post their avatar here to show you the layering

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-21-2016, 11:37 PM

What do the good folks at Menewsha Pixel Studios think about re-releasing older, more rare CI's?

I know that some folks would say that this would bring the value of older CI's down, but I say woopty woo to that.
This isn't Wall Street. No is going to starve. No shareholders are going be leaping from windows and there really isn't much activity in the way of older CI's being bought, sold, or traded recently anyways.

As I poke around Menewsha, I keep seeing these profiles with "Dead account holder" beneath the screen and I can't help but notice that the avatars are adorned with older and rare CI's. As a shopkeeper here, I can't help but notice that there is a new influx of users here wanting these items and they simply aren't available. I wish I could do more to help, but my hands are tied.

The whole point of there even being CI's is to acquire them and those that do have them are few and far between; many of whom don't even log in anymore.

So, what is the story with the dead account holder items?

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 04-21-2016 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: I'm eating delicious cheesecake with strawberries

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-23-2016, 11:59 AM

Dead accounts don't necessarily mean the person is gone, more often then not it means they have an inactive email address. This can and often is solved when the person comes back to the site some day.

As for recoloring items, well this is something we've tossed about before, but we are almost always met with resistance from the userbase.

See this thread here - http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...-2nd-post.html

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-24-2016, 01:04 AM

I see 94 users absolutely for it and eight against. I mean, the sample size isn't high but neither is the population of the site. Also even in the comments, which I'm reading now, the majority of people are asking for moderation not for a scrapping of the idea.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-24-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Dead accounts don't necessarily mean the person is gone, more often then not it means they have an inactive email address. This can and often is solved when the person comes back to the site some day.

As for recoloring items, well this is something we've tossed about before, but we are almost always met with resistance from the userbase.

See this thread here - http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...-2nd-post.html
I have never noticed that poll question. And it seems 20 people didn't understand the question.

Jelly's signature picture was certainly good for a chuckle. What friendly internet chatsite couldn't use a few more obergruppenfuhrers?

Anyways, I appreciate you bringing this poll question to my attention. I think recolors would improve Menewsha.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 PM

I think this would be totally Rad
Item Suggestion: Menewsha related backgrounds
References: Backgrounds of the Mene cities would be super cool! Mr. Mayor's mansion in the background or other Mene related places would be pretty neat.

Please?

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-28-2016, 01:33 AM

I'm all for re-releasing the older items. Being an older user myself with many of these items. I can absolutely 100% agree that they are seldom seen these days for sale. But I wouldn't be happy with them being released at 250 mennies a piece. If they were to be re-sold i'd assume they'd be at a higher price?
The other thing is staff could run raffles & contests and put these items into circulation?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-28-2016, 02:41 AM

I think they're more looking at recolouring older items than re-releasing them Roachi.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-28-2016, 03:39 AM

Ohh okay, well in that case. Im all for a re colour lol. :)

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-28-2016, 11:39 PM

Let the record show that I for both recoloring and re-releasing older CI's.

If there are any other questions I will continue to badger the witness.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-29-2016, 12:10 AM

Re-releasing old items is something that will never happen, this would depreciate the value of the old items by a lot. Many users would be in an outrage if we did that. Recolors I can't say one way or the other because I simply don't know. It is something that has been tossed around so its possible, but there is always strong arguements for both sides and its a topic that often leads to rather passionate debates.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-30-2016, 10:32 AM

Yes that's very true Cora xD.
We do need something to give this place a bit of Omph though!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 05-05-2016, 09:21 PM

I think this would be totally Rad
Item Suggestion: Bushes going through the stages of having flowers or food on them a set without and a set with that way we could do a 'before' and 'after' kind of avi set up..
References: (If you have them, references are often very helpful)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-17-2016, 11:15 PM

With the release of "Talking Back" I have updated the front to reflect that the idea originated in this thread.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-18-2016, 04:30 AM

That's awesome that ideas are becoming reality little by little <3 slowly but surely <3

and yay for the almighty seacow / whalecow item from the phoenix jubilee event <3