Ayashi
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-25-2007, 10:47 PM

Warning
This rated A for it's immediate violence. I don't know Menewsha's rating yet...or if i'm allowed to post something like this...<.< Um...it's okay if it's deleted i guess.

The Immortal Fairytale

A dark cloud rolled across the crescent moon and the city of London seemed to dim with the added darkness; new lights were born in that darkness and streets seemed to come alive with carriages and horses. This night was no different then any other; balls, parties and coming out ceremonies where in order for the majority of the population but for the minority of London something vastly different. Within the darkness of this city something stirred, the people of the city were unaware of this, as were the people all around the world. Superstitions were born in the world however not many believed or wanted to be believe, and those that did often took drastic measures against what was known as the 'supernatural', such as burning of witch's and hunting of vampires and werewolves.
Perhaps the need to destroy the unknown was just a part of humanity or perhaps they truly did fear something that deserved, or should be destroyed. The truth has only ever been known to very few humans; that something beyond them was out there...and it should be feared.

In the dark alleys of London, a figure moved swiftly, those that did see it quickly ran from the sight, some didn't live long enough to run from the figure. Pushing its back up against an old building, the form moved a piece of raw meat to its fanged teeth and ripped at it. Slowly it chewed as its golden eyes took in the area that surrounded it; it had visited this area of the world several times but this century brought many interesting things that had prompted him to awaken from his hibernation. Having roamed the countryside for several months he had decided it was time to come into the city and frankly, he enjoyed it; the food was different and interesting with many types of meat that he hadn't eaten before or in a long time. The humans however were the most interesting in their strange clothing and even stranger smells. Moving the raw meat to his dripping mouth once again, he began to rip at it, the blood running down his chin as he leaned his head back against the wall. How long had he been sleeping? He could not remember the date in which he had gone to sleep or if it even had a date but this time seemed different then when he had fallen into is deep slumber. It was a vague problem that he didn't pay too much attention to, when awaking from his sleep it was always months, sometimes years before all his memories came back to him. It was why he detested The Sleep but sometimes for his kind, it was necessary, especially if a person suspected who and what you were.

Moving against the wall he straightened as he ate the last of the meat, his tongue slipping from his mouth to lick at his lips and chin to clean up the blood. The blood he didn't get with his tongue was wiped away with the cuff of his shirt. Arching his body he leaned forward, his nose moving slightly into the air as he sniffed; the smell that came to him was interesting and sweet and his body seemed to follow the will of his nose as he moved to the right and then to the left. Pausing, he quickly spun around to see a girl standing behind him, her eyes were wide and her soft full mouth hung open as she stared at him. Shifting his body he smiled slightly as the young girl, who must have been no more then 10 years of age, swallowed hard. Slowly he moved towards her and he paused several feet away, bending slightly at the waist to look at the supple little child. Her soft pink tongue slid from her mouth to lick at her lips and she whispered very soft, "What...big eyes you have."

His golden eyes widened at her words and before his eyes, she seemed to change, within her hands, she held a basket and on her head sat a soft velvet red hat. A soft huff of air slipped from his lips as he leaned forward, his lips parting into a smile that revealed his sharp canine teeth. The little girl shifted back to her original form as she raised her hand to her lips; she whispered in scared fascination, "what a big mouth you have."
He couldn't resist, the images of the original little red cap swamped in his mind and his desire to have this child that appeared so much like her grew as her eyes widened to an impossible size and he leaned close to her, his face beginning to shift and morph.. His mouth and tongue grew to an impossible size and he chuckled darkly, "All the better to eat you with dear child!" With that he leaped forward, his mouth opening to devour the young child in the dark alleyway of London.

"I am Lycaon, the original and first of my kind, we have been called many things but the most common term that people have come to call us are Werewolves, hunters of the night, killers of innocent and guilty alike. Yes, I am also he, I am The Big Bad Wolf and how my story have come to these parts is quite interesting...

The tiny cries were cut short under the watchful gaze of the waxing moon. Limb by limb, the girl disappeared into the great beast's belly, her life cut short by the unyielding force of cruel fate. Her sacrifice would sate the creature, yes, but never so fully as to appease the magicks by the next blood moon. She would not be the only victim to fall under this very moon, for once the cursed hunter found his place in the world of man, suffering was sure to follow.

The witch was well aware of their new visitor and felt not in the least bit compelled to greet him kindly. Such creatures were best kept outside the realm of the living, or damned to burn in the very hell fires she herself was destined to suffer.

She sat before her sacred star, tracing chalk patterns in the coarse wooden floorboards with a calloused finger. The signs lay before her, each illuminated by a simple candle placed at each point of direction. From the center, she had heard the very flame of life snuffed out by an overzealous executioner and it had drawn her back outside the all-knowing portal of the sacred mark; The very mark that could seal her fate this very night and curse her to weeks of torture. Only to be relieved by a most gruesome death of their choice.
However, the blood in her ran thick, just as it had for the generations long gone, for legacies do not so easily slip away. She would be a servant to the powers of the unknown, cursed to die just as her mother and grandmother had before her, and she would endure with a knowing face; that she had done her duty as a challenge to their God.
She pulled the hood up over her head and stood to gaze upon the sign or her creed. With a wave of her hand, the flames of the candles flickered and died and the chalk blew away, as if commanded by a terrible gale. It was her duty, as her mother had instructed, to protect those chosen by the light and to see no harm come to the people of the day. Magic was a thing of night, though its followers were children of the day, delivered into the waking world by God's command.

Those, however, who fell from his grace, were to serve a kinder master and become its will. A cruel trade too many, but it was a destiny few could escape. She would serve her master, in spite of the Lord's unfortunate promise, and deliver his children from darkness. She must then seek out the very source.
Into the alley and down the dimly lit cobblestone path, she went, in search of the terrible scourge of man. Perhaps she would merely catch a glimpse of his countenance and know the face of the truly damned, or maybe she would find herself in mortal peril... whatever the case, it was her creed to see that no terror run unchecked through the night. It was unlikely that she would find the beast willing to lay down its life with little resistance, but a defeat was not impossible. Perhaps, however, it would be best just to observe this time...

The creatures shoulders hunched, the ridges that ran along the curvature of his spine were just see-able through the thin layer of material that functioned as his shirt. The muscles of his back shifted and contoured as he bent over something that had once been a young girl. Crouching low, he sucked softly on a leg bone before his teeth began to grind the matter and he ate that as well. Soon, there was nothing left of the young girl that had so innocently stared upon the golden eyed monster. Lycaon closed his eyes has he greedily finished off the last of the skeleton and began licking his fingers, a soft smile moving onto his slightly full lips. Indeed, it had been a long time since he had tasted the flesh of a human so young and while he was contemplating searching out another, his nose caught the scent of something else, something he had not smelt in a very long time. Cocking his head to the side, he listened to the sound of footfalls and his nose twitched as his eyelids fluttered, his gaze moved to the right of the alleyway as the shadow of a figure came into view. His sight as a human was not anywhere near as good as it was when in wolf form but it was still exceptional compared to a human's eyesight. Placing his hands along the cobblestones beneath him he shifted his body again and when he spoke his voice had an almost hushed tone to it as he sniffed at the air once again, "Step out of the shadows so I might lay my eyes upon the creature that holds such a smell."

The witch stiffened at the sound of the creature’s voice, this one was clearly a male and had just finished feeding. Underneath her hood, her eyes narrowed as she stepped out into the moonlight her hand clenching as she looked to the hunched form. In all her years, she had yet to encounter a being such as this; Lucaste, however, had studied her art well and knew just from the aura the being was a werewolf. What worried her most however was the size and depth of the aura; the darkness of it seemed to swallow the shadows and filled the alley. This being was old and powerful and for a moment, a part of her wished that she had stayed away from the alley. Deep within her, she could feel the need to run, to escape the overwhelming aura that tried to entangle it in her own. Taking a step back, Lucaste moved her slim hand at her side, raising slightly, "You should have not come...go from this city or you shall be banished into hell."

Lycaon tilted his head further to the side, his golden eyes wide and staring at the cloaked figure; one could mistake the eyes as innocent and disarming but the blood that tickled down his chin quickly made a person look twice. Those eyes were wide in fascination but they held hunger and a predatory look that would forever be with this man. Raising his nose to sniff towards the human girl he watched as she took her step back and his lips curled into an amused grin, "You have the stench of magic upon you but do you really think one such as yourself can banish me into hell?...If there is indeed a Hell for my kind."

The girl reached out into the abyss, searching for the familiar comfort of her own ancient magic. She could feel it weaving in and out, past her fingers, behind her neck, through cracks and crevices all around her. It tamed the fear and called her back into its protective hold, assuring her that all would be well. She held onto that sensation and faced the beast, a newfound courage in her eyes. The beast's eyes narrowed as the magic came to life, stirring his curiosity. Calmly, she replied, "Your damnation is of a different nature than my own. You feed off the innocent and are sustained by their flesh. It is a curse that even I condemn."

Lycaon tilted his head back and let out a soft bark-like laugh, the fading moonlight catching on his glimmering teeth, highlighting the red stains. "Foolish child. You would really play God...a very God that has forsaken you to preserve His divine justice? How very silly of you..." His laughter ceased and he came to face the girl as he moved closer to her. Again, his face became predatory, bestial eyes alight with excitement. Lucaste began to ground herself the moment Lycaon began to advance. She brought both palms together, fingers tracing invisible patterns that she alone could decipher. They sprung to life upon completion, summoning a wind to sweep around her and against her adversary, warning him. The air began to grow warm and threateningly, as though it might burst if commanded. Her eyes became hard and cold as they bore into his own.

"I am not like you. I am no child of Cain... But for you, there is a place... where the truly damned shall go when they have lost whatever made them human" Her fingers twitched again in another arcane pattern. The wind surged forward, suddenly scalding and bright for that split second, enough to stop the were-beast in his path, shielding his eyes slightly his lips curved as he glanced at the ward.

"A witch of character I see" He mocked softly, recovering from her searing blow. He let his head loll before locking his gaze once more on her figure, inspecting her from head to toe. "You must taste delicious, then..." He chuckled deep in his throat, low and guttural.

--
Don't bash it too hard and sorry for the gore, it's a nightmare fairytale as you can see it's a twisted version of werewolves and the big bad wolf...nar......no stealing...*clings to her ideas*

Innie
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Innie Send a message via MSN to Innie Send a message via Yahoo to Innie

Old 01-25-2007, 10:51 PM

I like it a lot. Very creative, with a few classic details still remaining.. I adore the details.. Much love to you.

Melfina-chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2007, 12:36 AM

O.O *luffs it*

Curse you and ending things like I do. >.<' *clings to the cliff(hanger)* Aha, bad pun on my part. >.>'

But yes! That was wonderful...*.* I do so love twisted versions of fairytales...makes me want to post my poem...*grin*

Ayashi
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2007, 05:59 AM

*huggles Innie* Thanks ^_^, i've always wanted to do this and personally with no ego boosting to myself i adore it...even if i haven't written anything since then....i really should...

*laughs* Didn't you read this already Fina? Heh, yer my clone you should have excepted it ^_^

I think i shall try hard to write more of it...

*grins* You did post your poem! *dances*

Nema
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 02-04-2007, 06:20 PM

I like this twist on the classic tale, very good, Ayashi - thank you for sharing it. There's more...? :)

DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to DeniedUltraSex

Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 AM

Hmmmmmmm, I love it. O: The descriptions are very well written. Kept me interested for sure. Oh!~ And the beginning draws people in to read it.

Sooooo errrr, that's it. ^_^''

*Scratches head*

Koilera
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-09-2007, 05:37 PM

AYayay! scary! I will have nightmares tonight! Help!

Loved it! to bad i'll have to kill you...

[size=3]Just joking or am I?[/size]

:twisted: