Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 06:10 AM

Aah, you ninja'd me! And then I edited my post and you ninja'd again with a reply! :lol: I edited a reply to you into my last post. Nighty night!

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 05-27-2012, 06:10 AM

I don't know how to talk to people on Tumblr. xD
Is that even possible?

And haha, I really don't follow that many people though. But maybe I'll put more effort in... maybe.

---------- Post added 05-27-2012 at 02:10 AM ----------

And I should sleep too, but can't really. xD (2AM, gaaah)

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 05-27-2012, 06:14 AM

Cherry, when I look at my blog, every few days or so it's like you go to my tumblr and just have a liking spree and I'm always amused by it haha. There are literally times when there are five or six notifications that you liked x, y, or z posts!

Hata, You just use the ask feature on each other's tumblr. It works a little bit like an inbox.

I follow too many people who just post the same thing. I should narrow it down but at the same time I feel guilty if I unfollow people because I do like their posts. I just don't like seeing the same thing five times as I'm scrolling through my dash. And then I have the problem of deciding which of the blogs is best and I just can't justify it. Currently I'm following like 170 blogs.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 05-27-2012, 06:22 AM

lol your welcome Seiki

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 05-27-2012, 06:25 AM

I guess I just gotta start gettin' actually into it instead of lurking on Tumblr. xD

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 AM

Lurking is cool too if that's what you're comfortable with. :yes:

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 05-27-2012, 06:52 AM

:) I lurk a lot but come out a bunch during event, it's bad I really should post mroe on a normal basis.

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-27-2012, 07:14 AM

Hi this seems to be the only other place with people who are awake it seems

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 05-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Oh, seiki, what's your tumblr? o w o

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 04:32 PM

Happy Thoughts

I actually fell asleep last night at midnight. That's the earliest I've been to bed since I got home from school in April!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 04:35 PM

you must have been tired.

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 PM

I don't know. It just kind of happened. I thought for sure that I would have been up longer than that. I don't have to work for another four and a half hours so I was planning on sleeping in this morning. Of course that didn't happen because my mom woke me up for breakfast by bribing me with mint chocolate chip ice cream. My favorite! I've been asking for it for like two weeks now and she hasn't delivered until this morning!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:19 PM

Ooh, mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream too. :drool: Followed by rocky road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Cherry, when I look at my blog, every few days or so it's like you go to my tumblr and just have a liking spree and I'm always amused by it haha. There are literally times when there are five or six notifications that you liked x, y, or z posts!

Hata, You just use the ask feature on each other's tumblr. It works a little bit like an inbox.

I follow too many people who just post the same thing. I should narrow it down but at the same time I feel guilty if I unfollow people because I do like their posts. I just don't like seeing the same thing five times as I'm scrolling through my dash. And then I have the problem of deciding which of the blogs is best and I just can't justify it. Currently I'm following like 170 blogs.
Ha, I wondered if it displayed like that for some people! That's because I only check tumblr a few times a day, then I just go back through my dash, so I'm seeing posts from the past 12-24 hours. And I like any post that I... well, liked, so I imagine people get a lot of notifications about that. :lol: But it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when someone liked my posts, so I figure no one minds!

I follow too many people too. @_@ 280, but some of those are inactive or deleted. It won't let me unfollow the deleted ones, I just get an error, and I still follow the inactive ones in case they ever come back. But still, my dashboard overfloweth. I've been trying to single out the people I follow who annoy me a bit so I can unfollow them without feeling too bad, but I always end up discovering that the person who posts the most annoying posts also posts some of the coolest pictures. :stare: Life is hard. :P

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 05:36 PM

Yeah, I like when people like or reblog my stuff. Makes me feel like people are actually following my blog rather than just being a number.

And I know what you mean about the annoying people. They really do post the best stuff :\

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 05-27-2012, 05:39 PM

*Waives hi to Seiki*

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:42 PM

Exactly! When days go by without a single like or follow I begin to wonder if all but 5 of my followers are inactive. :lol: I don't have many followers to begin with, but that doesn't bother me as long as they're actually enjoying my blog.

Yeah... I followed this girl once, and she posted some pretty funny (original to her, not reblog) things a lot. And some of her personal posts were fine, but others were... just annoying, she's not the kind of person I'd get along with. :lol: So it got to the point where every time I saw a post from her it was like "HNNG... RAGE..." but I didn't want to unfollow because her funny posts were still really funny. But eventually she stopped posting as many funny things and it was more like nightly drunk tumbling, so I finally unfollowed. I'm free~!
But I usually wait at least a week to unfollow someone who's annoying. There was one girl who was kind of getting on my nerves with her posts, but then eventually she stopped posting that stuff and stared posting personal things. We occasionally exchange replies and stuff now, and it's all good and I like following her.

Hi Daria!

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 05-27-2012, 05:43 PM

Morning Cherry! :hug:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:44 PM

How's it going, Daria? Enjoying being FREE?

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 05-27-2012, 05:46 PM

YES! *RUNS AROUND FREEEEE!* No clue what I am up to next, but...Meh...I'll worry about that next weekend.

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Hey Daria!

Cherry, I try not to post personal things on my tumblr. I used to but then I decided that I wanted my tumblr to be just pictures that I like and more quality stuff so I stopped reblogging things that I thought were funny or pictures that were too small or too big because they wouldn't display properly on my tumblr page. And I left out personal stuff and a lot of text posts because I don't like looking at that amongst the images.

I've been trying to narrow down the amount of people that I follow for what seems like forever. I remember when I was following like 60 people and it just ballooned to 200. I'm down to 169 right now, but it's hard to narrow it down again.

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 05-27-2012, 05:52 PM

I'm afraid of tumblr. I like my life....and can see it getting sucked away by a site like that! I occasionally peek on Howdy's site....That's about it really.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:53 PM

Daria - Booorrn freeee! So do you have fun plans for this week?

And yes, tumblr can suck up a lot of your time. So many cool things to look at! But I've discovered some really neat things through it, so no regrets. (but run while you still can :ninja:)

Seiki - Well, I like when people I follow do personal posts. I get to know them better, learn how their life is going, etc. It's just been a few people who were really unlikeable. So I do personal posts occasionally. And I post funny things because, well, I love funny things. :lol: But I try to balance them with pretties. I usually sort my queue so there are two pretty posts, then one silly (or otherwise unpretty, sometimes it's something serious) post, then two pretties. The balance works alright, I think. I hope. :lol: Personally, I wouldn't mind at all if you made personal posts!

Sometimes I'll unfollow three people and think "yay, I made progress!" and then somehow stumble across 5 amazing tumblrs that I have to follow. Siiiigh...

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 05-27-2012, 05:56 PM

Um, I plan to sit on my tail. Maybe go to the store. Sit some more. Did I mention sitting?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 PM

Sounds faaaantastic! :lol: Enjoy it!

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 05-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Hehe! Oh I will. I might try to find a Yoga class or two...MIGHT. If I get the motivation.