Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-05-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
Most notable is the spelling of "horde". Hoard is the spelling you want to use for the collecting of stuff. Let me display the difference below.

"How many boards could a Mongol Horde hoard if a Mongol Horde got bored?"

Isn't that better than reading about some woodchuck chucking wood?
Huh, I have glossed over the title so many times I didn't even notice. And of course spellcheck wouldn't pick that up, since it is a word. Thank you!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-06-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious Fool View Post
Huh, I have glossed over the title so many times I didn't even notice. And of course spellcheck wouldn't pick that up, since it is a word. Thank you!
You are welcome. One thing I love about Menewsha is that most folks here are literate, can spell, and can conjugate. It's a beautiful thing.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-06-2016, 04:00 AM

It is nice that I can understand most things I read on here. I really did miss being here, and I'm glad I remembered this place and came back. I love it just as much as I did years ago.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-06-2016, 04:05 AM

Quote:
It is nice that I can understand most things I read on here. I really did miss being here, and I'm glad I remembered this place and came back. I love it just as much as I did years ago.
I am glad you decided to return. What made you decide to go on a hiatus?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-06-2016, 04:08 AM

I don't know, life in general just got busy, I went through a weird sort of depressed period and never got on the computer, and just... eventually it faded away and forgot. An email about the event is actually what brought me back.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-06-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I don't know, life in general just got busy, I went through a weird sort of depressed period and never got on the computer, and just... eventually it faded away and forgot. An email about the event is actually what brought me back.
Well, how about that. Menewsha cures depression. Who knew?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-06-2016, 11:51 PM

It did a pretty good job of it for me, now and back then. Mostly because a lot stems from I struggle making friends in person, so here I have friends and it's nice.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-07-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
It did a pretty good job of it for me, now and back then. Mostly because a lot stems from I struggle making friends in person, so here I have friends and it's nice.
I enjoy my online friends almost as much as my real life friends.

And I've even met dozens of online friends and acquaintances in real life, too.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-07-2016, 12:16 AM

Oh wow! I'm not sure I'd ever do that, FARRR too nervous of a person.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-07-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Oh wow! I'm not sure I'd ever do that, FARRR too nervous of a person.
I feel that if you are good online friends for a year or more then meeting in person might be kinda neat.

I gotta get back on the fun road.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-07-2016, 12:27 AM

I suppose one could feel that way. It would be interesting to meet the people I used to chat with every day.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-07-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I suppose one could feel that way. It would be interesting to meet the people I used to chat with every day.
It's most fun in groups. I met a bunch of fellow chatters from a group I belonged to back in the late 1990s. Our lovely hostess arranged hotel discounts for everyone at the Ramada Inn in Reno, Nevada. Then she rented a hall on the college campus where we all got together.

Everyone had to pay their own way to get to Reno and for the motel rooms, but the whole experience was worth the expense. Group members came from all across the country to attend. Our most distant member was a lady doctor from the Netherlands. She was a pathologist.

We all had a great time.The night we gathered at the hall was the first and last time I ever sang karaoke. I sang 'Rock lobster' by the B-52s. Two girls from our group pretended to be Kate and Cindy while I entertained. I did a lousy job, but it was fun and it created a pleasant memory.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-07-2016, 10:31 AM

That sounds like a lot of fun, I'd probably chicken out and never go, but I like to imagine I'd do something like that. :/

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-08-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
That sounds like a lot of fun, I'd probably chicken out and never go, but I like to imagine I'd do something like that. :/
Think of internet friends as your high school classmates. The difference is that you HAD to attend high school and be around all the freaks, hippies, and the punks. But you still chose who you wanted to be around if anyone at all. Some you may have gotten and close to and others you may have distanced yourself from.

The internet works the same way. While I find some folks to be more interesting than others, meeting in a group environment allows one to see just who you want to associate with more or less. My extensive experience meeting folks online has also taught me that just because you get along online, doesn't guarantee any lasting relationships because you met an online friend in person.

But it's a case by case endeavor. Sometimes an online romantically linked couple meet and become happily married while other relationships fizzle.
I know it's not for everyone, but I am willing to venture out to see if things will work or not.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-09-2016, 07:16 PM

mission hoard made me laugh

Precarious Fool

Old 05-09-2016, 07:33 PM

Mr. Wrong: That all makes sense in writing, but in reality I didn't keep friends from highschool, or really any point in my life. I don't have any one friendship that's last longer then... 5 years? Or been consistent for that long, anyways. I've been on mene and had friends for 7 or so years, but I've been MIA for half of them. I guess I'm terrible at commitment to friendships, so doing something like that seems so strange to me.

---------- Post added 05-09-2016 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

mission hoard made me laugh
Thanks! This has been here forever and not seen much love. XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-09-2016, 08:43 PM

i will have to help out with the lurves

Precarious Fool

Old 05-09-2016, 08:50 PM

You do seem to have a lot to go around! You're everywhere. <3

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-09-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Mr. Wrong: That all makes sense in writing, but in reality I didn't keep friends from highschool, or really any point in my life. I don't have any one friendship that's last longer then... 5 years? Or been consistent for that long, anyways. I've been on mene and had friends for 7 or so years, but I've been MIA for half of them. I guess I'm terrible at commitment to friendships, so doing something like that seems so strange to me.

---------- Post added 05-09-2016 at 03:33 PM ----------

Thanks! This has been here forever and not seen much love. XD
What do you suppose keeps you from maintaining long-lasting friendships?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-09-2016, 10:38 PM

That I do not know. We usually just stop talking. It's weird.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-10-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
That I do not know. We usually just stop talking. It's weird.
Moving parts aren't the only things that require upkeep. Send a note to an estranged friend and see what happens.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 12:20 AM

I have no contact info anymore. I'm pretty much a horrible friend. My longest IRL friendship is with the SO, and we still talk because we live together. XD And having a three year old helps.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-11-2016, 07:51 AM

What is SO?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 10:05 AM

Significant Other. I'm not sure why I use the term, to me boyfriend doesn't sound... long-term, but we're not married, so I just use that.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-12-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Significant Other. I'm not sure why I use the term, to me boyfriend doesn't sound... long-term, but we're not married, so I just use that.
I should have guessed that. Usually married folks refer to their spousal units as significant others.