ladydiana
Planet Rock

Old 04-04-2015, 02:49 AM

Anyone likes the old rock n roll band The Sir Douglas Quintet whose lead singer was the late Doug Sahm from Sanantonio Texas.They various styles on their albums from rock n roll the blues country and texmex.

Last edited by ladydiana; 04-04-2015 at 02:52 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-05-2015, 05:02 AM

I thought a couple their songs were pretty good and as such I am surprised that I haven't heard of them until you mentioned them on Mobion.

It's too bad so many good musicians and bands go unnoticed in today's world what with so many media outlets all the while crap receives unwarranted attention and critical acclaim.

I once was friends with a musician at my job and we would hit the local clubs in search of live music in Prescott, Arizona, home of the famed Birdcage Saloon on Whiskey Row.

One night, after an evening of carousing with wild women, we arrived at my musician friend's pad and he picked up an acoustic guitar and played an original song that he had wrote.

I am going to sound biased, but this song was a heckuva lot better than what was being played on the radio that summer of 1999.

Wow. You know what? I bet I could make a catchy song from that experience.

It was the summer of '99. Those were the best days of my life.

Oh yeah. This could work.