View Poll Results: favorite music genre?
country 2 8.00%
pop/rock 13 52.00%
rap 3 12.00%
classic rock 3 12.00%
indie 4 16.00%
alternitive 5 20.00%
motown 3 12.00%
other 11 44.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

allycat
daddy's kitten

Old 01-23-2015, 01:38 AM

Tell me your favorite artist/band/singer

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 01-23-2015, 08:20 PM

Why was Heavy Metal, or Metal in general, not an option!!!

allycat
daddy's kitten

Old 01-23-2015, 08:36 PM

Aw sorry! I totally forgot metal! Good think I put in the "other" option

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 01-23-2015, 08:41 PM

Metal is just as diverse in sub-genres as Rock is.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 PM

Yeah, I also wanted a metal option, but I listen to rock, country, pop, and some classical as well.

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-26-2015, 02:21 AM

I tended to like rock and roll the most, but I will listen to almost anything.

I think one of my favorite artist will always be Jim Croce.

As for my favorite band that is a little harder to say, but one of my favorite groups is the The Wombats.

My favorite song is Kokomo by The Beach Boys.

Native7
Laughter is THEE best medicine

Old 03-26-2015, 10:31 AM

I'm a old soul and I love the oldies anything from the 50s to the 70s, Motown, the Beatles, Jim Croce just to name a few

Narren7
: Dazed & Confused :

Old 04-03-2015, 07:56 PM

I'm really eclectic genre wise.
I listen to everything from classical to death metal lol
I'm not really fond of bubblegum country or a lot of modern pop/rap though.
Classic rock, 80's stuff, alternative, industrial, glam & arena rock are staples to most of my playlists.
I'm pretty fond of a lot of experimental stuff too though. I'm super open minded when it comes to music.

I adore: Dead when I found her, V.A.S.T, Era, The Dreaming, Stabbing Westward, Blessthefall,
Within Temptation, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, and Schwarz Stein to just name a few.
And video game music. I absolutely and utterly adore the website
Overclocked Remix

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-05-2015, 06:03 AM

Alternative. Aaaahhh. I feel much better now.

Alley Cat
The Light- It Burns

Old 04-09-2015, 10:23 PM

My favorites would be EDM (electronic dance music), heavy rock/metal, and Japanese music (rock, pop and VOCALOID mainly). My favorite artists would probably be The Glitch Mob, Varien, Disturbed, and Bright. I'm a fan of more "dance-y" electronic music, but I really like powerful, intense, sometimes dark electronic with a strong beat ;) My patience tends to be on the short side, so I skip around a lot between artists, which is how I've listened to so many different genres of metal (powermetal, speedmetal, Finnish, Swedish, German, technical, symphonic...) But one thing that I absolutely cannot stand is AMERICAN POP. I'll take some Megurine Luka any day. Any fellow vocaloid fanatics out there??? O,O

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 04-12-2015, 12:38 AM

I like a lot of different types of music, but my favorite band has got to be The Killers. I've always wanted to go to a Killers concert!!

Bishalisious
💕Deliciously Sweet & Bis...

Old 04-12-2015, 12:54 AM

Old school R&B, some symphony, jazz, gospel, pop, rap, very few rock songs but only a small few.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-14-2015, 01:21 AM

How does one simply pick one favorite artist?
I'm famed on Mene for liking Korean pop music, K-pop, A LOT. K-pop isn't just about music.
Before I found K-pop, I was obsessed with a singer named Kerli. She helped me through an interesting point in my life and is part of why I am who I am today. SHE IS SO PRETTY AND SO COOL.
/oh, gosh
/the end there reminded me of a K-pop song.

I like anything that…
gives me pretty mental images,
reminds me of something/someone I like,
brings back good memories,
or makes me want to sing and/or dance.

On the flipside, I can dislike anything that falls into the opposite of those three things.

Pop, be it American or K-pop; techno/dance/rub-a-dub-dubstep/trance/trap/the list goes on/LET'S CALL IT ALL ELECTRO; and rap tend to fall into at least one of those categories. Kid you not, I could go through life describing songs as orange, purple, blue, starry, flashy, et cetera. Some songs are a scene, like a room or a city street at sunset.
I was brought up on rap, so I can like it very much, no matter how uncomfortable the lyrics get.
I consider pop the musical equivalent of "Default" mode, so I'd feel weird if I didn't like it.
Electro is the prettiest. It takes me traveling through infinite spaces filled with colorful lights. Sometimes it reminds me of those gorgeous pictures of outer space. I see whole fantasies, not as a story, but as random scenes I wish I could bring into reality for everyone to see.
Shoutout to Alley Cat for reminding me of that term. Is what I'm talking about in general called EDM? Like, does that term include everything? Anybody know?
VOCALOIDS FTW. MATRYOSHKA!

On the other end, we have rock, metal, that kind of thing. The mental image is messy. Just an unattractive lump of colors and lines. Static. Maybe no colors and just black-and-white. Lack of color is normally okay. I'm just saying what rock makes me imagine. The music doesn't take me into it. It's too messy. We do not become one.
This makes me sad because I want to get into J-rock. J-rock is beautiful, but the music part is not my cup of tea. It seems there isn't much to J-rock besides the music and pictures, unlike K-pop. It's a much calmer industry, I take it. So, big sadfais.

It's a "duh" that I can like anything of any type, but I consistently like or dislike what I've mentioned above.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-14-2015, 01:32 AM

I voted but never posted here?!

I like your description, Amane! Very interesting. :D

I picked my music taste to be indie. Ever since I was a kid, I've always been different in many ways and one of those ways was that I liked music that people couldn't understand. Usually music that sounded different, music that most people couldn't appreciate because it went over their heads. WELL.

Yeah. Indie is my favorite genre. I especially love indie folk. Any time of folk, really. I've always been a DIY kind of gal and I really appreciate it when an artist puts their time and effort into making their own music, without the help of audio processing, without the outside influence of a "team" to write their songs for them and without a bunch of instruments drowning out the message of the music.

Filthgrinder
Hier Kommt Die Sonne

Old 04-24-2015, 12:07 AM

Out of every genre I listen to, metal is played most frequently. I do listen to ska, alternative, punk, industrial, aggotech, and rock.

DestinyAodan
Rebel or Royal?

Old 06-17-2015, 04:24 PM

i pretty much listen to any thing that isn't overly romantic.

Ermahgerd Berks
Black Metal Pony

Old 06-18-2015, 08:24 AM

I like lots of Metal. Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal. From Ozzy to Dio to Venom to Burzum.

I like it when I can feel it move my insides because it's so loud. Some bass tracks can do it even when it's not up all the way.

And I like the album artwork and how they dress and everything. I wouldn't burn down churches or kill goats or do anything dirty or anything like that but I like the music a lot.