Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 08-04-2009, 03:27 PM

Artwork by Torikat/Banner by Sizzla

Become a Shining Star!
An avatar contest hosted by Sizzla

Welcome to the official avatar contest of Celes Paradi 2009! I will be hosting and judging this year, and I'm looking forward to seeing your lovely outfits! I'll be judging based on creativity, fashion sense and adherence to the themes.

There will be three categories this time around (though you never know when I might throw in extra categories!): Celestial avatars, Walk like an Egyptian avatars, and Worship the Divine avatars. See the following posts for more information on each category.

Your Host

Hey guys! I'm Sizzla, and most of you have probably seen me around the forums at some point or another. I've hosted a few of the avatar contests during our events now, and it seems that this time I'm at it again. I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of shiny avatars this time around! :D I love Celes Paradi, as the colors and themes really appeal to me. Shiny, starry things = :heart: So yeah, I'm ready to be dazzled!

Helpful hints from Sizzla:
Please know that the categories are open for interpretation. When it comes to judging, I usually pick those that I think fit best with the category and which are also nicely put together. :) It's hard to give more hints than that, but just please try to stick with the theme.

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-08-2009 at 04:10 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Rules

Read the rules and follow 'em. That's all I ask! XD Make sure you read them all too, because there may be something in the rules that's necessary for your entry... ;)
  • First and foremost, make sure you follow the Site Rules.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be rude to other entrants.
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories, and you may not enter on a mule account. If you do try to enter on a mule, I'll know, so just don't bother. XD
  • Please be sure to use the entry form when you post your entry. Failure to post the form will result in your avatar not being entered into the contest.
  • You may use your own inventory and the Menewsha Avatar Creator to make your outfits.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like Photobucket or imageshack. What I see is what I'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved and won't change.
  • If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PM Sizzla if you want to change anything.
  • Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 15 at 12:01 a.m. CST. Winners will be announced in the Community Discussion forum shortly after the event ends.
Prizes

I'll choose first, second and third place winners in each of the categories. Other prizes might be added as the event goes on, depending on the amount of entries I get.

Prizes are as follows:
First place: 3,000 g + 1 2008 Celes Paradi Event Item set
Second place: 2,000 g + 2 presents from the 2008 Winter Nights Event Item set (your choice)
Third place: 1,000 g + 1 present from the 2008 Winter Nights event Item set (your choice from what remains)

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-12-2009 at 01:49 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Celestial Category

You'll enter your avatar in this category if it has a generic celestial theme -- Please be sure your entry somehow represents the sun, moon or stars.

Celestial Entry Form!
Username:
Image of My Entry:

Quote:
[size=4][color=Silver][b]Celestial Entry Form![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Image of My Entry:[/b]
Entries:
Nikijay88KaturineJesweet
dianakitsuneChemaMags42
emebug
FizialiEnzeru
Cyndel
M i r oNesseh
Iltu
ThulhuEternalhearts
RinrinThe Adorable PandaAngel Spirit Girl
Siti_Hajar
FinnTheCatshades_of_grey
KatMagenta
SilverbeamCami
jecynecytamurilmarieSakura_Madison
Tamerthanthou
KorryeMajinkoz
Hatake Ayumi
Spring`Tyme FreshNeyor
Suona
Popcorn GunArriex
Naeru
Euphor!aRhythm
Jeannesha
Erised D. SireKultura
the_paper_crane
KentTsuki-Chani
Silver Magi
Ferracheng2159
Avalai

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-15-2009 at 02:34 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-04-2009, 03:30 PM

'Walk Like An Egyptian' Category

You'll enter your avatar in this category if it has an Egyptian theme. I want to see your best Isis, Bastet and Horus avatars. You may cosplay if you'd like, or just create a general Egyptian avatar.

'Walk Like An Egyptian' Entry Form!
Username:
Image of My Entry:
Explanation (if necessary):

Quote:
[size=4][color=#E4EE32][b]'Walk Like An Egyptian' Entry Form![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Explanation (if necessary):[/b]
Entries:
Wulfwynncheng2159Chema
Mags42KulturaWinter Wind
Fiziali CyndelFerra
KatMagentaNessehfairywaif
Thulhu
The Adorable Pandaslowtrain
Angel Spirit Girl
Sakura_Madisontamurilmarie
Siti_Hajar
RylynneSilver Magi
XxXshizuki-chanXxXSuona*Hime*
JeanneshaHatake AyumiIltu
Avalai

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-15-2009 at 02:43 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-04-2009, 03:35 PM

'Worship the Divine' Category

This category is reserved for avatars that somehow represent one of the three patron Goddesses of Song, Dance and Feast. You may cosplay as a goddess if you like, but I'd love to see avatars that represent a worshiper/patron of one of the three goddesses.

'Worship the Divine' Entry Form!
Username:
Image of My Entry:
Explanation (if necessary):

Quote:
[size=4][color=#7002D6][b]'Worship the Divine' Entry Form![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Explanation (if necessary):[/b]
Entries:
lawliet358
clockdianakitsune
Cami
ChemaMags42
Winter Wind
JesweetFiziali
Cyndelbl4cksh4dowRylynne
Gary StargazerNessehIltu
Thulhu
oHsoDemandinG The Adorable Panda
Majokko Honey-chan
Angel Spirit GirlFinnTheCat
Sakura_Madison
KatMagentaM i r o
Silver MagitamurilmarieHatake Ayumi
*Hime*
ZernitaWinterwolfgoddess
Some Random Randomness
Kah Hilzin-EcNephila
Kultura
JeanneshaMajinkoz
heartpoint
the_paper_craneKent
cheng2159Avalai

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-15-2009 at 02:47 PM..

nikijay88
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 AM

Celestial Entry Form!
Username: Nikijay88
Image of My Entry:

Last edited by nikijay88; 08-11-2009 at 11:12 AM..

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 08-09-2009, 09:48 AM

I will definitely be entering this Sizzla. <333
I already have designs in mind. I just need to do a little shopping. >D

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 08-09-2009, 09:59 AM

I so am going to be entering this some time soon. :) I love you Sizzla for doing the avi contest!

Wulfwynn
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-09-2009, 10:02 AM

Ooooo...this is so exciting. ^_^

Username:Wulfwynn
Image of My Entry:
Explanation (if necessary):General Egyptian

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 AM

Ooh. I'll have to see about possibly making something for this.
I could pull my egyptian outfit back out :ninja:

cheng
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-09-2009, 11:03 AM

Username:cheng2159
Image of My Entry:
maybe i'll edit this 2morrow
Explanation (if necessary): he's blind, predicts the future ^^

Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 08-09-2009, 11:04 AM

I feel pretty! Count me in. :3

Celestial Entry Form!
Username: Katurine
Image of My Entry:

cheng
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-09-2009, 11:51 AM

i dunno what pic i should put on to the celestial entry ^^

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 08-09-2009, 12:42 PM

Once I do some planning and shopping, I will be entering all three categories. ;D Oh, fun fun fun!

woopdidoodoo
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 PM

ooh this looks like fun with the menewsha avatar creator where does one find that exactly? I've never actually used it 0_0

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-09-2009, 02:04 PM

Ooh, the forum looks really nice!!

Good morning everyone! :D

Please try to not enter early if you're planning on changing your entry. I don't want to have to go back and edit a ton if I don't have to. Makes things easier on me, because I usually get a LOT of entries. :D

I'm about to head to the gym, but I'll come back and hang out for a bit later before I have to go visit my mom.

@woop: The MAC can be found in a sticky in the Avatar Chat forum. :yes:

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 PM

Darn I was going to come chat with you so you could keep me company while I was at work (boo!). Have fun at the gym.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroy View Post
Darn I was going to come chat with you so you could keep me company while I was at work (boo!). Have fun at the gym.
Awww!~ How long do you have to be at work? I haven't left yet. :Lol: Been spending my hard-earned cash on commons. :lol: I've officially spent 15k now. At least I got all of the things I really wanted.

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-09-2009, 03:04 PM

I'm working until noon. Then I'm pretty sure i'm going to have to come back and work from 3-7.

Oh? I have a lot of gold just collecting dust. I should go check out the commons >.<

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-09-2009, 04:18 PM

:lol: You should! They're really nice this time. There's a lot of new jewelry, which is something I'm really excited about. I always need more jewelry options. XP

Damn dude, no fun! That's a lot of working! Hey, at least you get a bunch of overtime, right?

Just got home from the gym. There's been some dude on the eliptical machine I like every day this weekend when I go in. It pisses me off because he'll be on that thing at least an hour and half! O_O I don't know why he thinks that he needs to work out so much. He's all skinny and stuff. Weird. So yeah, I have to be on the machines that I don't like. *lesigh*

Okay, shower time then I'll be back to mod and chat more.

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-09-2009, 04:22 PM

They only have 1 eliptical??

We have a 30 min time limit when other people are waiting for the machines. Your gym might have something like that too..

Ya, the OT is nice that's for sure. I'm still not sure if I have to work at 3 or not. I haven't heard back from the girl making the schedule. It'd be really nice if I didn't have to.. but I wouldn't mind the 4 hours overtime either.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-09-2009, 04:26 PM

Oh no! There's a bunch! But the style of the one he was on makes it easier to read because it has the hand grips right in front instead of on the sides. For some reason, my books stay put better on that kind of eliptical. XP

I don't think there's a time limit, especially when there are 7 other machines I could use. I'm just picky. :lol: I like to be able to read easily instead of fumbling with the pages when I'm trying to work out. XP

Well, you've got Internet access to keep you entertained if you do have to work. XD I have to go to my mom's around 3:30. I'm going to do laundry and she's going to feed me. I hope to be back earlyish though, as I want to event it up as long as possible since Ian will be in town next week and I doubt I'll have time to really get into the event once he gets here...

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-09-2009, 04:31 PM

Ooohh. You're just being picky then :lol: xDD

Sounds fun. We were supposed to have dinner with matt's family tonight but they canceled. So if I don't have to work I'm not sure what we're going to do. Get the house cleaned up and ready for us to leave on vacation I guess..

When's Ian getting here?

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-09-2009, 04:36 PM

Yeah, I'm just a little picky. XP

How was the beef btw? Did everyone come over and have a nice time? :D

Oh, cleaning, good times... :lol: GAH. I should clean my place, but I'm far too lazy. It really needs to be done though. I got down and scrubbed the bathroom floor the other day because I could no longer stand looking at it. XP Then I went ahead and cleaned everything else in there, so at least that's done. My inner shower curtain is disgusting. I should really replace it...

Ian should be here on Wednesday night I believe. :yes:

Ayumui Yue
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 04:37 PM

*gasp*
Another one of these???
*plots her avatar*
>D
hurrhurrhurr.