Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-19-2014, 02:16 PM

the Easter ham is thawing nicely

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-19-2014, 03:55 PM

I just took our pork loin out of the freezer to thaw the beastie. Fingers crossed we can grill tomorrow, but it depends on the weather.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-19-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
@ Ikuto; Oo, that sounds nice. * w *
Well, its the problem if we actually go out at all. But thank you, I hope they will be cheaps. xD

What time zone are you on? We use the DVR to record new episodes.
But so far... I am tired of the Wicked Witch and Henrys memory loss.

And* I didnt like that Belfire died. :(
Yus, I hope you can find them for cheaps!

I am.. uh... GMT +3 (because of DST). Some kind of Eastern Europe time.
They play it, just a day later. Or we find it online.

I don't mind the Wicked Witch. Kind of interested in that. Am tired of Henry's memory loss though yeah. Find a way for him to get that shit back already!

And yeah that was kind of sad. Hard for me to get too upset over it though because it seems like they kill and bring back people all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I don't have any concrete plans yet. Watch The Ten Commandments if it is on (One of my guilty pleasures - over the top, hammy 50s biblical epics.) One of our friends said she might try her new recipe book this weekend, so there might be falafel sandwiches. If not, I might invite our elderly neighbour over for tea.
Lookit Biggs! Those are some high class plans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post
We have no actual Easter plans, but tomorrow we're going up to Texas Motor Speedway, and hubby is going to get to ride in an actual race car around the track!
Wow! That's awesome! Definitely a memorable occasion! Have loads of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
i plan on organizing my inventory. *sob*
!! I should organize some of mine too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
My boyfriend and I were going to go to an adult easter egg hunt a couple weekends ago, but we kind of forgot to register in advance and by the time I called, the registry was closed. I've been trying to find other adult egg hunts in the area, but no luck. And I don't suppose there will be any on the actual day of Easter since people will be with their family and dumb stuff like that.

Saturday we might be going out for Record Store Day, and I'll wear easter colors for that! The actual day of Easter, he has family stuff so I'm going to see if my grandparents are home so I can visit with them for a while. It's going to be a very boring easter for me.
Aww. That's pretty cool you had some nearby to have the chance to do though! I've never heard of anything like that. But then I suppose, I haven't looked for them either.

Hope you have a fun Record Store Day! Take a picture of your Easter colors outfit! It sounds pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmira Swift View Post
No major plans. My son's school had an egg hunt today and they found candy-filled plastic eggs he and the other kids brought to school. Trying to pry candy from the clutches of a 5yo More than likely, we will go to our favorite Wafflehouse for breakfast because we love the people who work there, then hunt for the things we picked up for the kids. We're somewhat more pagan-flavored and will likely do something that's a combination of Ostara and Easter. Since my son is in school, we try to combine the celebrations and tone it down a bit since it's a bit confusing to him otherwise.
Oooh Wafflehouse. Haven't been to one of those in so long. There's a Waffle House here, but it's more like dessert waffles. And actually waffles, not just breakfast foods. Need to go to that one day.
I like your idea about the combination of things though. That always seems like a cool thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

really awesome menu, Lord Pickle!
*waits for her teal jello jiggler shot*
xD!! I think it only came with cherry jello or something like that. Something red!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
No huge plans here. We'll do early service in the morning. Then there is the Easter Breakfast. Then regular church. Then just chilling till my mom makes yummy food for dinner. Though dessert this year is going to be a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake instead of pineapple upside down cake. But I am totally alright with that. Oh and I will get my Easter basket. Yes I am thirty four years old and still get an Easter basket.
Sounds like a pleasant day planned! And heck, I'd be down for an Easter basket if someone wanted to get or make one for me. I'm just more into practical things so I'd be grateful but -gonk- inside trying to figure out what to do with all the stuff. Aside from the candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchtoasted View Post
I don't know what kind of world this would be without my moms Easter basket D: now that I live with my boyfriend we do baskets for each other , its turned into a sort of competition .-.
Yes, show us pictures when the reveal is done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
For Easter every year, my mother sets up a basket for me and my two older siblings. I'm not sure if she's doing it this year! The baskets are usually pretty fun, but a lot of the candy goes to waste, since it's a hassle digging out the jelly beans from the basket filling. :P

I used to go to church with my grandparents and uncle, but I stopped going as my interest in religion diminished. My grandmother cooks Easter dinner at around 1 PM every year.

I can't stay home very long for Easter, since this is my first Easter while I'm in college. My mother has to take me on a two-hour drive back to my college basically right after Easter dinner, since I have an 8 AM class and an exam on Monday. :(
Lmao! Omg, yes! Those jellybeans! Really more of a decoration, huh..

Awww! Too bad you can't spend the day relaxing with your family, but at least you're getting some time with them. Hope it's enjoyable and good luck on your exam!

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-19-2014, 04:35 PM

I haven't followed the show in a while after missing a few episodes, returning, and feeling completely lost. Plus, my son hijacks our TV during the day and most of what I prefer is completely inappropriate for him to watch (prime time crime dramas mostly), so I stick with a few shows and see them on our DVR or streaming video. I know ALL about the kid shows on right now though!

We have so many wafflehouses around here, it's crazy! I think we have 3 within 15 minutes of our house and another 3-4 20-30 minutes from us. They are all over our neck of the woods for sure! The one we go to regularly have people who've worked there for 5+ years. They've literally seen my kids grow up!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-19-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Yus, I hope you can find them for cheaps!

I am.. uh... GMT +3 (because of DST). Some kind of Eastern Europe time.
They play it, just a day later. Or we find it online.

I don't mind the Wicked Witch. Kind of interested in that. Am tired of Henry's memory loss though yeah. Find a way for him to get that shit back already!

And yeah that was kind of sad. Hard for me to get too upset over it though because it seems like they kill and bring back people all the time.
<3

Oh, that explains everything. loolol

Yeah, Hulu has all the episodes uploaded for Once Upon a Time.
I just hate the commercials on there... that's why I'm so glad for DVR recording.

Recently, I've finished watching Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. That show... I'd have to say had it's moments and it had its failures. I didn't really care for the whole messy true love hunt. Although, it was interesting that they ran a spin-off story from the original Once Upon a Time. It explains who took over as the "Red Queen" after Cora's mother left Wonderland from being the Queen of Hearts.

My bf couldn't stand looking at the actress who played the Red Queen, though.
The plastic surgery/botox she had to plump her lips is too painfully gaudy to look at XD

*However, the show didn't last very long. I think it ended at episode 13? And the "Hatter" never shows up in the series. The creators based it around the time when Regina's Curse occurred and the "Mad Hatter" disappeared.

Yeah. They keep making potions for everything else. That and Emma has her own magic, she could easily pull her sons memory back herself if she really wanted to. But she is hesitant for him to remember anything at all because she keeps reminiscing over their life in New York.

I mean, I get adding a new twist to Regina's past. The Wicked Witch thing makes sense. But they're dragging it out too long it seems. I still don't understand why she wants to kidnap Snows baby. It's not like it's related to her. It has absolutely nothing to do with her past, Regina or Cora.*

Def. true. They keep killing off Mr. Gold and bringing him back. xDD
I think his deaths and revivals screw with everyone very deeply. Especially since his father was Peter Pan.

Last edited by M i r o; 04-19-2014 at 07:39 PM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-19-2014, 09:03 PM

Happy Almost Easter everybody.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-19-2014, 11:55 PM

Hello thread! Happy almost Easter

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 12:10 AM

You to Elmira. What are your plans for Easter?

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 12:14 AM

Much of our plans depends on the weather. It's been so gloomy with rain off and on, I'm not sure we'll be able to fire up the barbecue tomorrow. I'm pondering other options, but hubster is asleep. I'd rather wait till he's up (he works nights and tries to maintain his schedule on weekends) so we can decide together.

What about you? Big plans with your family?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 12:36 AM

We have early service, breakfast at church, regular service. Then we'll have a nice dinner. And I get my Easter Basket.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 12:50 AM

That sounds like you'll have a great day! You already know or have a good idea of what you're getting in your basket, right?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 01:24 AM

I know some of what I might get. But the only thing I know for sure is the candy I picked out. Unless she decided to get me more.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 02:20 AM

We saw bunnies at the pet store and it reminded me of you getting a basket - how weird is that?! I'd buy things for a basket for the kids, but our house is already a bit overwhelmed by toys and whatnot.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-20-2014, 02:38 AM

I really don't have any plans. I'm once again on my own, and my mom forgot about sending anything.... so I'll be here, by myself, because all my roommates have family close by, and I don't - so I got left here, without a second thought. :/ Oh, so much fun.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 02:40 AM

I used to have a love/hate thing going on with being on my own, but wound up finding something to do even if it mean turning on the TV and watching old movies. The worst was a Christmas when I went to my parents while they were visiting family further north. I couldn't get off work in time to travel. Totally upsetting until I turned on the tree lights and just watched them. No family drama. No crazy roommates. It was nice and quiet.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-20-2014, 02:42 AM

I had to spend Thanksgiving on my own too. :/ And everyone else had somewhere to be with family and I was stuck, at school... I ate two family sized lasagnas and a whole pumpkin pie - in one day. :/ I eat when I'm upset/stressed. It's not good.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmira Swift View Post
We saw bunnies at the pet store and it reminded me of you getting a basket - how weird is that?! I'd buy things for a basket for the kids, but our house is already a bit overwhelmed by toys and whatnot.
That's a bummer. I tend to get plenty of craft supplies in my Easter Basket.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-20-2014, 03:36 AM

I never get anything for Easter anymore. I rarely get anything for any holiday. :/

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-20-2014, 05:52 AM

The only celebration that I got things from is Chinese New Year. XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 10:12 AM

argh my spiral ham is not spiraled

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 03:23 PM

it is smelling yummie, none the less

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudDreamer View Post
I never get anything for Easter anymore. I rarely get anything for any holiday. :/
I get stuff for most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
The only celebration that I got things from is Chinese New Year. XD
That's awesome.

Quote:

argh my spiral ham is not spiraled
That sucks.

Quote:
it is smelling yummie, none the less