PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck ...

Old 10-25-2013, 10:12 AM

Varten sighed with a mixture of relief and despair. How was he to answer this one. But he was glad for Kasimir's understanding and not freaking out on him. He lolled his tongue over his fangs, thinking about all the times over the years. "There are some things I definitely miss. Things I don't. And there are things that could be either way. If I had not have been a vampire, I would never have met you and Lord Hiro. You both are very nice to me, even if Lord Hiro is suspicious of my intentions.

He paused in his speaking for a moment to set down Cheshire. The cat had started to get heavy since at some point in their 'running', he had fallen asleep. Cheshire woke up immediately, and yowled displeasure. He didn't like being out of contact with his Varten unless necessary. He looked up at Kasimir to ask to be held. You need to exercise, you silly cat. You'll get too fat if you don't walk. Varten giggled at the cat's indignant look.

But if I had to choose, I would say that I wouldn't change how I got to where I am today. But if a magic spell could be used to turn me back human again, with friends like you and Lord Hiro, if he wanted to be my friend that is, I would change back in a heart beat. He thought a bit more before speaking, Now that I think about it, I think that it was a bit odd how my ex and I met...

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-25-2013, 10:37 AM

Kasimir watched Varten carefully as the other thought about how to answer. The answer wasn't to surprising, given the way Varten's personality seemed already. When he mentioned Alistair though, Kasimir just shook his head. He didn't interrupt, he let Varten ramble on about how he wouldn't hesitate to take his humanity back if there was a way. When Varten set the cat down, Kasimir bent to scratch behind his ears. He would have picked the feline up, but for Varten telling the kitty it needed exercise. With an apologetic look to the cat, Kasimir stood back up.

"I'm nice to everyone, it's in my nature, I like being close to people." Kasimir stepped very close to Varten when he said that bit about being close to people, even slipped his arm around Varten's waist to pull the other even closer to him. He continued speaking. "Hiro is...complicated...I'm sure he'll warm up to you eventually. It's hard for him to trust other vampires though, hell, he doesn't even trust himself half the time." Kasimir shrugged a bit at that. "You don't really need to refer to us as lords though. At first I liked it, was kind of cute, but I'm just a peon really." There was a grin on Kasimir's lips, green eyes bright with amusement. "I think there is something out there than can change a vampire back to human, Hiro has been searching for something like that for a long time."

Kasimir's arm was still around Varten's waist, and his fingers were nearly twitching. Muscle memory and force of habit had that hand wanting to desperately feel around for something to snatch, but Kasimir was fighting that desire back. He didn't steal from friends, and Varten was becoming less and less a stranger with each passing second, with every word exchanged between the two. "Vampires are tricksy creatures when it comes to getting what they want, if your lover really wanted you then I'm sure the circumstance of your meeting him were far less coincidental than you think and more intentional on his part."

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-25-2013, 02:43 PM

Becca burst out in a laugh. "Heaven?" she asked, still chuckling. He couldn't be serious. Though she'd gone to the party as an angel, she looked a little more like hell right about now. Still, it was funny. She liked his sense of humor. Sometimes.

"No," she said. "Just my parents house. I moved here with them to help them out. My little brother moved back to our hometown in Phoenix when we moved here. I'd be surprised if my mom and dad are even there. They're always out doing something or other. It's nice though. It kind of feels like my own place most of the time."

She realized she'd said a lot. It wasn't because she felt he needed to know anything about her. She didn't figure she'd see him again anyway. Her mind was just filled to the brim with images and thoughts about the night, and talking about something else was the only thing that pushed those things out of her mind, if only for a minute.

Plus, he drove too fast. Like he had no regard for the speed limit. She'd learn at some point it was because his senses were so perfect, that he didn't need to go the speed limit. The speed limits were for humans with slow reflexes. Plus, the small town's cops were too busy tonight to notice a speeder.

They arrived at Becca's house in no time. It was a decent size, much bigger than their last. There were neighbors on each side of the fairly large yard filled with colorfully changing trees, and no cars in the long driveway. Her parents were gone as usual. A small orange glow came from the lower front windows and the porch light was on.

"It's there," she said, pointing to the large L shaped white house with detached garage. "You can drop me off at the mailbox," she suggested. Little did Becca know she'd be in nearly constant danger from this point forward. Not only from the townfolk who'd learn she was at the party and who already thought she was some kind of monster. But also from the creatures of the night who were making their way to the town, following the brilliant aura that Becca didn't know she had.

((I hope this made sense, I'm incredibly distracted right now.))

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2013, 04:18 PM

Onyx could hear Beccas voice and automatically got washed over with a flood of relief. Her best friend was alive, and didnt sound I be hurt, just scared. But hell, who wouldn't be scared? Onyx was still frightened to this very moment. "Becca!" she gushed. "Were are you? I'm coming..." that's when the line went dead. Onyx slammed down the phone with complete rage. "God dammit Becca! Why didn't you charge your phone!" she yelled in rage. She had contact with her best friend but lost it almost as soon as she had gotten it.

That's when it hit Onyx, Becca would be smart enough to either go to Onyx's own home, or hers. So if Onyx were to check both houses, surely Becca would turn up somewhere. After all, Becca wasn't as clueless as she seemed sometimes.

Becca had always been the smart one out of the two. She got perfect grades, while Onyx mostly got C's. Although Onyx was the more sporty one out of the group, she was always out shined by Becca in the academics area. But it didn't bother Onyx. She loved how the two worked together, Onyx doing the more physical type things, while Becca stuck behind to work out the logistics of the task.

Onyx quickly scrambled into where the Father was. She grabbed her stuff, and looked to the Father. "I know where my friend is. Thank you for your hospitality, but I must be going."

And with that, Onyx made her way out of the church and began sprinting as fast as she ever would in her life to her house five minutes away on foot.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-25-2013, 07:25 PM

Becca lived in very dashing neighborhood surprisingly. Given that Farefield had the look and the feel of a horror/thriller movie set. Aiden slowed down quite abit, just above cruising speed until she could spot her house and point it out to him. It looked like your standard two story wood house with a porch attached. And as he pulled closer to the house he see that the house seemed to be L shaped.

The mailbox? No that won't do... but I can't just compel her to invite me in.. ah but maybe I can offer.. Aiden thought slyly as he slowly pulled up to the mailbox. Once he parked the car he turned off the engine but left the lights on. He turned over to her like he was going to say something, and he was, but he changed his mind and instead just studied her intensely waiting to see what she will do next to decide how he will react.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-25-2013, 07:34 PM

He pulled up to the mailbox and cut the engine. Becca didn't think much of it. But then he turned towards her. She raised an eyebrow and leaned away from him. He wasn't going to try and kiss her or something was he!? They'd only just met, in a tomb! And he'd been a little mean, if not totally creepy.

Becca cleared her throat lightly. "Well... thank you," she said. "It was really kind of you to bring me home." She fumbled for the door handle. Where was it?! Becca still had her back to the door, reaching behind her with one arm feeling for the handle. If he made a move on her she was really going to open a can on him.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-25-2013, 08:12 PM

Amusement flittered across his face as she fumbled for the door handle, trying to find it. It might have been easier for her if she would turn around. But it was like she couldn't keep her eyes off him some reason. "Anytime...really, besides I think you owe me for taking you home. I'm thinking maybe some hot chocolate with alot of marshmallows" said when he, obliviously, reached over her to pull the handle to open the door and from her view it probably looked like was making a move on her. And of course as he opened the door their hands or arm.. some sort of skin contact was bound to happen.

Time seemed to have slowed down, he looked her in the eyes locking contact. He thought about doing what he thought about before, but then again Aiden didn't think she could refuse him, hell with him being Vampire and all. Creepy or not he was pretty darn good looking. So he decided against it.

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 10-25-2013 at 08:15 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-25-2013, 08:45 PM

((Sorry this will be a tad long!))

He thought she owed him, and said it verbally. What an arrogant man... Who was getting closer. She couldn't back up any farther, and part of her didn't want to. What was she thinking?!

Just as Aiden said, 'a lot', Becca's fingers found the door handle. Apparently so did his. His fingers closed over hers and ever so gently, pulled, until the door's lever released, making the popping sound that said the door was finally open.

Instinctively Becca leaned forward as the door gave way, to keep from falling. It only brought her closer to Aiden. Her heart thudded in her chest again. Her instincts told her to get out of the car and run far far away from this mysterious and immensely attractive man of obvious danger and arrogance.

But, something drew her to him in a way that kept her in her seat, eyes locked on his. Little did she know that her aura alone was doing the same. So he hadn't been trying to make a move, he'd just been trying to let her out of the car. Once again, she was unsure of how to feel about him.

One minute he was completely arrogant and the next he was a gentleman. It only made her more curious about him. Becca tended to be an overly curious kind of girl. That probably wasn't the best in a situation like this.

Finally she nodded, "Okay, sure." She'd make some hot chocolate. She needed some, too. And honestly, the last thing she wanted was to be alone right now. For all she knew, those monstrous vampires were still out there, hunting. More irony.

For a split second, Becca could have sworn his eyes glowed the slightest bit. But she knew that impossible. The night had surely taken a toll on her sanity. She slipped out of the car and closed the door, meeting him on the other side of the car. They walked up the stone walkway that led to the porch and Becca retrieved a hidden key from the top of the door frame.

She unlocked the door and stepped inside, keeping the key and telling herself she'd need to remember to hide it in a new spot. After a few steps into the house on wooden floors, Becca realized she wasn't being followed. She turned around to see Aiden still standing in the doorway, looking at her with those brilliant eyes. Was he waiting for an official invitation?

"Well, are you going to come in or what?" she asked, giving him exactly what he needed to enter. So he was a gentleman then? Becca didn't know. What a confusing man Aiden was. She led him to the kitchen where she flipped on the light, setting the key on the granite island in the middle of the kitchen before offering him a seat on a stool at the bar.

Becca retrieved the ingredients for hot chocolate and set them on the counter. "Will you excuse me for a minute? I'd really like to change." She grabbed a small remote and flipped on a small t.v. in the kitchen corner, putting it on the news channel before heading up the wooden stairs by the front door to change.

Once in her room, Becca removed the tattered and bloodied white angel dress and tossed it straight into the trash bin. She caught sight of herself in the mirror and grimaced. Yikes. She'd thought Aiden was a little scary, but she couldn't imagine what he probably thought of her right about now.

She stepped into her bathroom and took a warm washcloth to her skin. The scrapes reopened and stung, but at least they weren't dirty. She ran a brush through her hair and picked out leaves and twigs. Then she found a pair of pajama bottoms and a tank top, pulling them on, never once removing her family heirloom. She rarely took it off, it was too important. Maybe now more than ever.

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2013, 09:31 PM

(I'm just going to make Onyx go over to Becca's house. Not much action that could happen until probably around they get together xD)

Onyx could see her porch and leaped up by two steps at a time. Maybe buying a house with sixteen steps attached to the porch was a bad idea.

She fumbled for the extra key under the mat, finally getting it, and opening the door. Onyx ran in and began a full blown search for her best friend. About ten minutes later, she came up empty. That's when Memow came up and began to meow. Onyx being such the animal person she was, she scooped up the kitten putting her in the bag, leaving it zipped slightly open for air.

Onyx made her way to the front of the house, and shut the door behind her. Becca must be at her own house, that much Onyx had figured out. Gripping the bagged kitten to her chest, she began sprinting the mile it was to Becca's house.

A good fourteen minutes later, Becca's house came into view. Along with a light, meaning someone must be there! Onyx quickly came up to the house and coming into the home with a burst of sound.

Onyx spotting the kitchen light, ran in. "Bec....!" she stopped midway when we saw the man sitting at the counter. Her eyes widened at the sight of him, he was handsome, yes. But he also gave off a weird vibe to Onyx. She was washed over with the emotion of wanting something. But what? She didn't know.

But before she could think, the man looked at her, Onyx going into self defense mode reached behind her to find a plate, and immediately threw at the man. "Why the hell are you in this house?!"

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-25-2013, 10:30 PM

(( :D Wheeeeee thanks for saving me haha ))

Aiden was loving this, how unnerved he seemed to make her. And there it was again, the beating of her heart. It wasn't like how it was in the tomb but the sound was still quite lovely. With Aiden paying more attention to her in a different way, her aura just about smacked in the face figuratively speaking, it made eyes glow faintly. He wanted her even closer but she left the car. Let out a inaudible sigh and followed her after promptly locking the car and turning the car lights off.

Aiden watched her find her secret key hiding place and go inside, but he just stood there. It wasn't like he didn't want to go inside but that he couldn't. It took Becca awhile but she noticed he wasn't following her and gave him the invitation he needed to go inside. He followed her into the Kitchen as looked around, noting where things where and what was there. He stopped at the entrance into the little Kitchen area before being to sit upon a stool.

Aiden nodded when she excused herself, he watched her leave before turning towards the T.V. in the kitchen of the corner. And sure enough there was a view of the house, and although the cameras thought they hid it well he could see what was beyond the police tape. Off to the side he could see ambulances and some more police cars, though he didn't see the fire truck from earlier. And behind the news person whom he ignored since he already got the story from the girl, he could a cleanup crew and blood among other things that should ever grace the eyes.

He was intent on seeing what was going on in the background that he didn't hear Becca cleaning upstairs or the moments after when another girl came in through the front door. He only noticed when he felt what seemed like malicious intent towards him. He turned to face the girl just in time to watch her throw a plate at him. He had a number of choices. He could catch the plate, and possibly fumble it alittle. Just catch the plate and set it down or dodge it.

Aiden caught the plate which was heading right towards his face, and he used hardly any effort. He set the plate down and narrowed his eyes slightly. "Careful" He nearly growled the word as a threat. Just who was this girl, he thought briefly before realize this be the on person who Becca was so concerned for. It started with an O. Olivia..On..On something... he thought as he examined her. She must have been in the party Becca went because she was wearing a cheer leading outfit. "I am a guest little girl and you should show me some respect."

He wanted nothing more then to show dominance over her, but he couldn't. Rebecca could be coming down any minute after how Onyx sounded. And speaking of the angel, she came down in her pajamas with a face Aiden couldn't exactly read. And almost immediately his face went blank.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-25-2013, 10:49 PM

There was the sound of the front door opening hastily. Had Aiden decided to leave? Becca put her hairbrush down and headed out of her room in time to hear Onyx downstairs. Onyx was there! Becca rushed down the wooden stairs to see Onyx standing there angrily. But why?

Becca didn't think anything else into it. It didn't matter. Her best friend was alive, well, and here! She rushed across the floor and into the kitchen. "Onyx!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around the girl. "I'm so glad you're okay," she choked, trying not to cry.

"I turned around and you were gone!" She released Onyx. "This is Aiden," she said, gesturing to her guest. "He brought me home from the woods. Something chased me into the cemetery... Oh Onyx, it was horrible! If not for Aiden, I really don't know where I'd be now," she said honestly, realizing the information for herself for the first time.

She returned to the other side of the kitchen island. "I was about to make some hot cocoa. You can go up to my room and shower if you want," she offered, "I'll make you a cocoa," she added with a smile. Her and Onyx fit into the same clothes for the most part. They shared clothes often. She hoped Onyx would stay the night with her, in which case the girl would need a shower and clean clothes.

Becca wondered when her parents would get home, if they were even in town. After a few moments, she had three mugs of cocoa brewing in the microwave. She moved to open a cabinet to retrieve marshmallows before popping them open and laying them on the island.

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 PM

As Onyx was engulfed in a hug from her friend, she shot the man a look of venom. She didn't like the way he sat, talked, or even looked. Something was off with him, and she knew it.

Completely ignoring the man, she looked at Becca. "Im so sorry, I had to get that book. It literally was a life or death situation with the book. I'm glad you're okay though. I ran to the church trying to hide from everything that was happening! Jesus Bec, that priest is a creep." Onyx said this with humor in her tone. After the night they had, humor was gladly welcomed.

As Becca was introducing the creeper, yeah that's what Onyx would call him, there was a soft meow coming from her purse. Remembering the kitten, Onyx quickly pulled out Memow.

"I ran by my house to see if you were there. That's when I remembered Memow. I didn't want her getting eaten or killed by anything...." Onyx set the kitten down before returning her attention to Becca.

"I would seriously kill for a shower right now. I'll be back in five." Onyx saluted Becca like a soldier would. A old inside joke from the first year of the friendship.

Onyx made her way into Beccas bathroom and stripped completely naked, hopping into the shower. Onyx gladly welcomed the warmth of the warm water on this alarmingly cold and frightful October night.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 12:11 AM

Ah yes, her name was Onyx, and he didn't like her one bit. He'll mess with her later, it's not like it is a pressing matter and he is running out of time. Aiden has plenty of time, since he was pretty much immune from the effects of aging. Aiden watched the girls hug and talk to each other. He pretty drowned them out and looked back towards the television but after he caught a venomous glance from the oriental.

As he watched the news, it was just repeating what went on earlier and some other stuff he didn't really care about. His mind drifted towards the new girl Onyx. She's was pretty much like anyone else but she was alittle different. He couldn't quite place why, but it didn't matter. He thoughts came to a close when Onyx's kitten Memow started pawing at his leg.

Aiden looked to Kitten and cocked his head to the side. It was pretty cute, but he'll admit that to no one. He reached down and briefly stretched it behind the ear before shooing it away gently. Aiden looked towards the microwave, it still had sometime on it but he wasn't going to wait. He reached for the marshmallows to take a few as he talked to Rebecca. "I forgot to tell you, but this is a wonderful house you live in. How long have you known Ony.. ?" Aiden couldn't quite finish Onyx's' name because it felt like someone was squeezing his heart. He knew then, that he couldn't stay long but he was going to definitely stay for that hot chocolate. It wasn't anything like blood but it was still something nice.

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-26-2013, 12:36 AM

The man on the porch approached, and Randolph let him. He did not seem to be threatening to attack, and for all he knew he could be a survivor of the attack looking for assistance. Still he was wary, even after the man suggested he call for more ambulances. He nodded, and called it in, watching the man. As the man moved closer, Randolph fought the urge to flee, and tightened his grip on the cross. It wouldn't be particularly effective against a human, but it was unlikely a human would attack him.

He struggled to hear the man's next statement, and was still processing it when the man reached for his throat. He instinctively ducked out of the way, and brought the cross up into a defensive position. Even as he did so, he finally registered what the man had said, and cursed. Was he right? Was death the better option? He found himself unwilling to concede the point just yet. Even if he did turn into a monster, he still had a little time before that happened, and he had heard legends that if you killed the wolf that had turned someone before they had themselves killed anyone, the change could be reversed.
“I'm not giving up just yet.”

In the distance he could hear the sound of sirens, and he prayed that his opponent would fear the arrival of witnesses enough to flee.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 02:57 AM

Becca saluted her friend back and laughed as she disappeared up the stairs. She turned around to see Aiden scratch the kitten, before shooing him away. She picked the Memow up. "Onyx...?" she finished his sentence with the raise of an eyebrow.

"Thanks," she said to his comment about her home as she moved around the island to the microwave. It beeped just as she arrived there. Becca sat Memow on the counter as she removed the three mugs from the microwave, setting each of them on the island across from Aiden.

"About a year and a half," she replied. "She was my first friend when I moved here to help my parents. We hit it off immediately. Like long lost sisters or something." Becca laughed. "I felt like I'd known her all my life." Becca dropped marshmallows into each mug before moving around the island to stand beside Aiden as she handed him his mug.

"I've never seen you around anywhere," she said to him. "How long have you lived in Farefield? Or are you just passing through, robbing our graves?" She made the last bit sound like a joke, but she was seriously curious.

((After a little bit of dialogue I'm going to bring Becca's brother in. :)))

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 03:57 AM

Aiden eyes widen atlittle when she came close to him. Now that she was within arms reach, he could smell just her. It actually made him want to flee. He didn't quite like the feeling of getting his squeezed, but he stayed in place with a blank face. He stared at the mug Rebecca handed to him, looking at the marshmallows as they slowly melt from the heat. Kind of reminded him of Global Warming and the ice caps. Aiden put the marshmallows he grabbed early and took sip, making sure to grab marshmallow while he was it.

They were just so soft and powdery just the way clouds often looked. He looked up from the mug when she asked how long he lived there. "I prefer the seclusion of the woods and other... such places. I haven't lived here long but you could also say I am just passing through as well." It wasn't entirely a lie, to him he really hasn't been here that long. But to her it might be, and because of that it is also a lie. "Have you ever been in Whispering Woods deep inside, by Bloodlake Camp? Whether you have or not, I have a house over there."

Aiden took a few more sips of his hot chocolate, he was enjoying it. It was hot, but not really. He didn't want to just down or drink it normally, it add more to his creeper status which he despises. He was anything but that. The marshmallows were all but melted now. "Your necklace, is quite unique. Where did you get it from?"

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 04:32 AM

Becca nodded. "I actually work at the camp," she said. "My parents know the owners and I'm doing all the miscellaneous off season stuff there. It's really boring. And creepy. The entirety of the Whispering Woods is creepy." Not to mention, the only houses she'd ever seen out there, were even more creepy. Old houses with plenty of 'my walls bleed at night' kind of character.

She sipped at her cocoa, too. Memow wandered into the living room and found a comfy spot on the couch. "Hm? Oh this?" Becca held up the pendant. "It's one of a kind actually. It's an old family heirloom." She was quiet for a moment after that. All the stories she'd heard about it, were true then? Then it was a real ruby. Large, maybe one of the largest clear cuts in the world.

Becca would keep that to herself, just in case it was true. This mysterious bad boy in her kitchen couldn't exactly be trusted. Not entirely. She could share some of the information she'd always thought silly though. Things she wasn't sure whether to believe for herself yet or not.

"My great grandmother used to say that our family protected the stone," she gestured to the ruby. "My ancestors were great fighters. They fought vampires you know?" She watched him for his reaction, smiling. "It's silly isn't it?" She laughed. "I always thought my grandmother was crazy. Vampires right?" She laughed again.

But she'd seen them tonight. The t.v. was playing the leftover of the scene at the party right now. It hadn't been a prank. They were saying it was a pack of hungry wolves, but Becca knew better. Didn't she? Or was she going crazy? There had only been a couple of deaths. Others were in bad shape, some missing entirely.

Becca shuddered, trying to push the sounds of screaming from her mind. Trying to push the image of the vampire with Alison's blood on his lips from her mind. The thing in the forest. She realized suddenly that she was exhausted. And starving.

She decided she'd make a few sandwiches. Onyx would need to eat, too. Especially if she'd been drinking, though she wasn't sure her friend had been strangely. Becca retrieved the ingredients for turkey sandwiches, laying everything out on the island. She grabbed a knife and began slicing through a tomato when Memow decided to playfully attack her pajama pants.

Becca had forgotten all about the kitten. It caused her to jump. The knife slid too far into the tomato and sliced right into the side of her finger. "Ow!" she yelped. "Memow! You sneaky thing!" she scolded the kitten. She brought her finger up to assess the damage. It was bleeding really good, flowing down her finger and hand and dripping onto the floor.

"Oh no," she said, "I really did a number on my finger." She hoped she wouldn't need stitches. That would really be the pits. She searched for a kitchen towel, dripping blood over the floor in her quest.

((I was going to let Aiden respond. I assumed the blood would make him act strange, but then her parents and brother will burst in. ))

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 05:08 AM

Aiden raised an eyebrow when she mentioned theat ancestors were great fighters and that they fought Vampires. "Yes, quite silly indeed." He offered up a smile. Rebecca was somewhere in between naive, silly and innocent and rolled up into a nice alluring package, with her and and necklace as the bow.

Aiden was somewhere lost in his thoughts thinking about her family, when he noticed she shuddered. Without thought he looked over to the TV to see and hear they were saying the attack on the party was nothing but a pack of wolves. Wolves.. he thought about the world disdainfully. He was tired of the news, even though he hardly paid attention to it. Just when he was about to reach for the remote to turn the television off when he heard something about a white wolf roaming around. The television had most of his attention while the rest was on Rebecca.
"We repeat, tonight's incident was nothing more then a pack of hungry wolves passing through when they stumbled upon this party. Nothing more and nothing less--" The newscaster stopped mid sentence to listen to something some was saying. "We have reports of seeing a large white wolf roaming around. We encourage you to stay in doors..."
The sound of the went quiet, he didn't quite understand. No one turned the television down and the lips of the newscaster was still moving. Aiden looked over to Rebecca to ask when he noticed a red liquid form on her finger. "Becca..." And that's when it hit him. His sharply focused onto Rebecca's finger. He could feel it, the hungry in side of him trying to climb out. His mouth was opened alittle as he smelled her blood and there was quite a bit. He couldn't say anything or do anything because he was trying so hard to stay seated. He did manage to set the mug down so he wouldn't break as his clenched his fist under the kitchen counter.

Aiden wanted nothing more then to practically leap over the island and pounce on her. He watched as she turned away from him to go look for something. He was too distracted to really care. There was blood drops and tiny splatters all over the floor, he could feel his tongue sliding out just alittle to lick his lips. And before he knew it he was slowly moving around the counter/island. He was just so close, all he had to do was just grab her.

But alas his plans were foiled, both to their benefit. More for Rebecca then him though, someone or rather a few people just barged into the house. It practically made Aiden jump, and he turned towards the front door to see two men and a woman.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-26-2013, 07:13 AM

When the man ducked away from his reaching hand and brought the cross up defensively, Alistair hissed lightly, wrapping his hand around the cursed metal tightly. The scent of burning flesh rose wafted from the cross, and his nose wrinkled. For half a moment he thought of wrenching the pure metaled thing off from around the man's neck and throwing it far away. It was his only protection though and Alistair could not take that from him. This decision took only seconds to process in his mind, so to the human only a few seconds had passed between Alistair grabbing the cross and then completely letting go of it with a hiss that showed his fangs and an expression of pain briefly on his face. The skin bubbled and the blood boiled. Silver burned like no fire ever could. It wasn't the first time Alistair had felt the kiss of silver and it would not be the last he was sure.

Now there were sirens coming, closer and closer until ambulances and authorities as well as news crews arrived. Alistair's hand ached and burned and throbbed but it would stop soon enough. He clenched that hand into a tight fist. "Heed my words human. When the full moon next rises you will change, if I kill you now then that means there is one less monster to prowl and hunt the humans. One less monster to prey upon the weak and innocent." Alistair took a step back, glancing almost unconcernedly towards the paramedics and officers as they rushed about trying to help and keep the media from getting too close. Alistair wouldn't attack this man though, not with so many witnesses now. "Do you think you can keep your humanity once you've changed into a monster? Not giving up? Are you strong enough to not lose yourself once the monster begins to devour you?"

Alistair asked those questions but he didn't care for the answer, no they were questions for the human to ponder. The vampire turned and began to walk away, pausing to glance over his shoulder. "When next we meet, if I deem it necessary to destroy you, I will not hesitate. I will not show mercy." Then he was moving again. Heading off towards the woods with the intention of finding Kasimir and wanting to get away from the authorities. Though if the human did have more to say to him, Alistair would stop and listen.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 05:27 PM

Finally, she grabbed a small hand towel and pressed it to her injured finger. She turned around to see Aiden in her personal space. He'd come to help her, that was nice of him. Though he was staring at her rather blankly. She didn't seem to notice.

The front door burst open once again, immediately followed by the sounds of Becca's parents, panicked. They rushed into the kitchen. Her mother saw the blood on the floor and passed out immediately. He brother was quick, catching her easily and lowering her to the floor. Becca didn't have any time to greet her brother, her father was already grabbing onto her arms, her face, turning her around, feeling her forehead, etc.

"We were on our way home from the airport in Boston and heard what happened on the radio. We knew right away you and Onyx were at that party. Are you hurt bad? Did you go to the hospital? Where is Onyx? Do you need a doctor?" Becca swatted at her father's hands.

"Dad, I'm fine, stop." She took a step back to get him out of her personal space. "I just cut my finger making sandwiches an-" she didn't get to finish. Her dad was hugging her tightly. "Your mother and I were so worried." Her brother chimed in, "Bec you're a magnet for trouble," as he rolled his eyes.

It was true. Though Becca wouldn't realize it until later, she'd been attracting trouble for years. Even if it didn't find her directly, disasters were always happening around her. She sighed. "I just wanted a sandwich," she said, her words muffled by her dad's jacket.

That was when he noticed that there were three plates. "Who else is here?" he asked, finally releasing her. She could breathe again. "Onyx is upstairs showering, and this is-" Becca had turned around to introduce Aiden, but he was gone. Sapphire eyes searched the kitchen and looked into the living room. There wasn't a trace of him. Strange.

"This is, for you dad. I know how you love your midnight snacks," she said, already covering for Aiden. How strange it was that she'd automatically do that. Her mother was finally coming around, so Becca's brother Matt hurried to clean up the blood from the floor and counter before it made their dear mother sick again.

Becca felt horrible that she'd forgotten her little brother was coming to visit them today. He was staying for three weeks, while on college "vacation". Their parents didn't know that Matt had actually decided to take a little break from college all together. Probably due to the fact that he was flunking out.

Although Matt was ten months younger than Becca, he was taller than her by half a head, and bigger. He'd always been athletic and it showed in his build. He looked like her older brother. People always confused their ages, calling Becca the younger sibling.

Becca's dad filled her mom in on what had happened. They all moved into the living room to talk and sit on the couches. Becca's mom cried for a long time, but was reassured that there was no reason for tears. Becca couldn't help looking around from time to time wondering how Aiden had disappeared so quickly. She also looked to the stairs from time to time waiting for Onyx to appear.

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-26-2013, 05:30 PM

Randolph was startled when the man grabbed the cross. For a split second he wondered if the man was actually just that, but then the smell of burning flesh reached him, and he knew better. Before he could decide how to proceed next, the man proceeded to let the cross go. Randolph braced himself for an attack that never came. He listened to what he presumed was a vampire tell him that he should let himself be killed to protect the innocent humans he would eventually hurt, and wondered if the blood loss was making him hear things.

The monster's next words struck him deeply. Unless he found a way to stop it, he would become one of the things he hunted. Would it be possible to stay himself, or would he lose all sense of right and wrong once the first change happened? Was he, as the monster questioned, strong enough? Strangely, it was the monster himself that stopped Randolph from wanting to give up just yet. If this monster cared about innocent lives, it couldn't be completely evil, could it?

He barely noticed when the man turned and started walking away, registering the threat with a nod. Randolph considered going after him, and asking for death, but before he could decide one way or another, a paramedic noticed him, rushing over and demanding he sit down before he fell down. As she assessed the damage to Randolph's leg, he heard her muttering under her breath about stubborn cops, and there refusal to admit when they needed help. As the adrenaline started to wear off, her voice became distant, and the world began to gray out. His last clear thought was that if he passed out he wouldn't have to explain what happened to the Captain right away.

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-26-2013, 06:47 PM

After a good ten minutes of washing all of the dirt and grime off of her body, Onyx got out of the warm shower. She shuddered from the absent of the heat.

Onyx wrapped a towel around her frail body, and made her way into Becca's room. Onyx and Becca had always been the same size, the only difference being that Onyx had a more muscular build. Making Onyx seem like the older one physically.

Grabbing the necessary undergarments and putting them on, she made her way over to her best friends closet and grabbed an old hoodie and some night shorts, slipping them on. That's when Onyx took a towel to her wet hair and dried it as quickly as possible.

Onyx turned to look at herself in the mirror, and looked over her appearances. Onyx had always been happy about her looks. Her naturally wavy black hair suited her pale blue eyes very well. Onyx wasn't as attractive as Becca, but was always a close second, and she liked it that way. The less attention, the better.

Hearing a door open and voices appear, Onyx pulled herself away from the mirror and made her way downstairs. When entering the living room, she saw her second family, seeing as hers had practically abandoned her, the Dalton's had always been her family since when Becca and Onyx had met. But then Onyx saw a man cleaning blood off of the floor. He was very attractive.

Onyx shot Becca a look, then looking at the man, and back to Becca. That's when she heard Mr. Dalton yell her name, and she was blindsided by a man in a jacket. Onyx laughed into his jacket and hugged him back. "Hey Mr. Dalton! I thought you were out of town again?"

Mr. Dalton let her go as he answered, "We were on our way back from Boston when we heard about the party. Knowing how much you love to party, we knew you were there. We were worried so decided to come andsee if you were alright."

Onyx nodded, this family knew her so well. Looking over Becca's father shoulder, she saw Mrs. Dalton looking super pale on the couch. "It must have been the blood..." she thought to herself as she peered over to see the man almost done cleaning.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 11:43 PM

Taken out of his trance by the three who just came in, Rebecca was saved. Aiden took the first chance he got when no one was looking at him to flee. Aiden immediately phased through the wall closet to him to get outside unnoticed. It was better then running past the three who came in, they were just more blood bags walking around and that would make things much worse. He looked back behind him through the window to see Becca being hugged by one of the guys. Must be her family she told him about earlier.

Aiden stumbled down the driveway towards his car, while holding his chest with one hand and the other grabbing his keys. His throat felt like it aching as well as burning. He needed to go find a unsuspecting victim quickly but he needed to hide this car. His random disappearance alone would raise questions. But not nearly as much if he left his car here. Aiden gotten his car and drove off back to the cemetery careful to not speed when there were cops around. By now his eyes were pretty aglow with hunger.

Once he reached the graveyard where he usually has his car parked, Aiden slowly got of the car and locked it. He wasted no time in listening to see if there were any naughty rule breakers still out. His mind wondered to what the newscaster was talking about. It was something about a large white wolf, could it be Sasha? He hasn't seen her for awhile. Aiden finally heard a faint beating of a heart, quite some distance from where he was. Whoever the unlucky person was, sure wasn't going to be missed. Somewhere along the way Aiden had found himself upon the ground, with a large white wolf in front of him.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-27-2013, 12:06 AM

She caught that look, and Becca grimaced at Onyx. Ew, she thought Becca's brother was hot stuff apparently. She'd introduce them soon. Matt finished cleaning up the blood and moved out the front door, back to the car to retrieve his luggage. His hazel eyes lingered on Onyx's for a long moment as he passed the group to the car.

Becca rolled her eyes. Typical. Not long after Matt had disappeared upstairs to put away his things, their parents were retiring to bed. They'd driven many hours to the airport and many hours home, some of which were spent in hopeless worry over Becca and Onyx. Becca's father had bandaged her finger, and finished the extra sandwich.

He kissed Becca and Onyx both on the forehead, followed by a hug to both of the girls from Becca's mother. And then they were gone. As they rounded the corner upstairs, Matt was already coming back down. He grinned at the girls, mostly at Onyx, before turning his attention to Becca.

"Did you miss me?" he asked as he hopped over the back of the couch, landing square in the middle. While Becca and Matt had identical hair color, a dirty blonde color, their eyes were different. Matt's were hazel, with little specks of gold around his pupils. He was half a head taller than Becca, and had muscle in all the right places. He also had deep dimples, while Becca's rarely showed unless she was laughing really hard.

Becca elbowed Matt in the ribs. "Did you miss me?" she asked in return. He threw an arm around her small shoulders and hugged her to him. "I didn't miss your disaster magnetism, if that's what you're asking." They were both smiling. They had in fact missed each other very much. Becca and Matt had never really been too big on bickering. They got along pretty darn well.

"Who's your friend?" he asked, whispering the words in Becca's ear. Smooth. Becca sat up. "Onyx, this is my little brother, Matt. Matt, this is my best friend Onyx." She wanted to add that Onyx was off limits. The last thing she wanted was for them to get involved and make things weird. But she could see that look in Matt's eye as he looked at Onyx. There wouldn't be any stopping him.

She sighed and stood. "It's my turn to shower," she said. "Play nice," she said to Onyx. "Not too nice," she warned Matt. Memow still slept soundly at the far end of the couch. Becca made her way upstairs and into her room where she closed the door behind her before entering her bathroom and turning the shower water on hot. She removed her pjs and hopped into the shower.

Meanwhile, Matt was left downstairs with Onyx. He'd rolled his eyes at Becca's last request of them, and now he was taking in Onyx's appearance. She was naturally beautiful. Her eyes were amazing, and in all aspects of what he knew about her so far, appeared to be his kind of girl.

"So," he started, "Is my sister as big of a pain in your ass as she is in mine?" He was grinning the kind of grin that movie stars had, those dimples standing out more now than before.

Upstairs it only took Becca a few minutes to wash her hair and clean her cuts. She stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself. She felt a lot better after an actual shower. She felt clean and much more relaxed.

Her mind played over the events of the night, though she tried forcing those thoughts away. It all seemed like some kind of bad dream to her now. She moved into her room where she applied lotion to her skin and towel dried her hair minimally. She removed the clean necklace, and decided it might be best to start hiding it rather than leaving it out on her dresser.

Once it was hidden, she slipped into a soft white silky nightgown since she'd already dirtied her only pair of ratty old pjs. Becca was much too fashionable for those old things anyway. And she applied a toner to her face. She yawned.

The window in her room was cracked the slightest bit, letting the cool night air into her room by the slight breeze. Her sheer curtains danced around lightly. She layed down on her bed on her back, staring up at the ceiling. She was going to go downstairs in just a minute. She just wanted to lay down... just for a moment. Rest her eyes for... just... a... second. Becca was sound asleep.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-27-2013, 12:35 AM

Nate had managed to find the restroom, flipping on the light and going about his business. He found himself at the sink a few moments later, running cold water into his cupped hands before taking a quick sip. It was much better than the stuff he got out in the woods. He knew nothing about plumbing but it was very likely, almost 100%, that all his water came from some sort of well or underground water system. It wasn't red so it definitely wasn't from the lake. Whatever. It didn't matter. What mattered now was getting back into that room, sleeping, and then getting out of this man's hair as soon as possible.

Shutting the tap he grabbed his camera and turned, heading out back into the hallway and using the camera's night vision to see his way once more. He passed the kitchen as quietly as he could (he wasn't even sure if they were even still in the to be honest) and tapped his way up the stairs on bare feet. He cast a quick glance down the stairwell again before moving down the hallway toward his borrowed space.

He shut the door quietly, frowning as the latch stuck a few times before finally clicking. When he was sure it was secure and he turned and placed the camera back on the table. He didn't even bother to check its frame before he flopped onto the bed, throwing the covers over his body and flicking off the lamp at his side.

He cast a quick glance at the door, eyeing it tiredly for a few moments. He eventually yawned, turning over and closing his eyes. Within a few minutes he was asleep, once again falling into a relatively peaceful sleep. He still tossed and turned, but it was still much nicer than what he was used to.