PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck ...

Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 AM

I do not own Final Fantasy 7 or profit any real money from this story. I do own any original characters that I create solely for my use and mine alone.

"You don't know what you're saying Yuffie. You're too young and inexperienced in life to understand." Vincent's voice echoed through the silent bar.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, too hurt and ashamed that I had finally said those three words. Tifa had told me that Vince felt the same. But I guess not… She had the others there to "give me courage". Of course that's not what it feels like…

"Damn it Vince. Stomp on the kid why don't'cha!" Cid bellowed at him. How thoughtful of the old man, hyuh?

"Cid. Yuffie's not a kid anymore. She's an adult." Tifa said trying to smooth things over. Just like Tifa to do that.

"Look. It's fine." I plaster my big grin on my face. The fake one. The one that I use to say that 'Everything's fine', even when it's not. It's not like I'm 'lying'. 'Cause I'm not. ….Okay. Maybe a little. So I forced back my tears, and grinned right at Vince, "It was just a joke." I laughed. "Denz dared me to tell you that I loved you!" I doubled over in laughter. It was easy. All I had to do was think of the time that I used strawberry Kool-Aid to dye Clouds hair red, and it turned out pink. One of my favorite pranks so far this year.

I know that everyone was giving me looks. I've always been known as the "child". And I guess that's the way that it's gonna stay. Out of the corner of my eyes I see Tifa, she's really disappointed in me. She told me the other day that I've 'come a lone way'. Maybe I haven't really.

Calming myself, I stood back up. Vince was glaring at me. Of course, he'd be. The way that he saw it I was making a joke out of Love. So I do the only thing that's natural, I glare back. "I can make jokes about whatever, and whoever I want to ya'kno" I said in defiance.

"I know that Yuffie. And that is what keeps you a child. You need to grow up." With a swirl of his cape, he left the Seventh Heaven.

Tifa came up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder. "Yuffie…" She stopped when she heard me crying. Yes, crying. I may be the Great Ninja Yuffie, but I'm still a living breathing being ya'kno!

Before anyone could say anything I tore away and ran to the roof.

PhoenixNeko

Old 12-29-2012, 03:15 AM

I stood outside, because I heard her sobbing. It did not make any sense. If it was all a joke, then why should she be crying. The Gods know how much I care for Yuffie. But I still am unable to let myself get close. I have finally moved on from Lucrecia. But I can not let Yuffie go through the pain of being with me, if she really did care.

Out of worry for her, I make my way up the outside of Tifa's bar, to the roof. I was going to sit above her room, and punish myself for hurting her. However when I got there, I saw Yuffie sitting in her favorite spot. The one that looked towards Wutai. She always told me that she would never return to the land of her birth after how they treated her, but it is not hard to tell that she longs to return again.

Walking over to where she sat, by herself, I sat beside her. "Yuffie…" I am going to avoid looking her in the eyes. I can still see her reactions, but I don't think that I would be able to say what must be said, if I looked into her beautiful eyes.

She looked up, afraid for just a moment, before her ever present smile returned. "What Vince? Realized that I'm funny after all." She said the last as a statement. Just like Yuffie. If she was not herself, I would be worried. I have come to care for her to the point where if she was not even the slightest bit selfish, it would be as though she were not who I fell for… So I am gone.

I shook my head. "No. Make a stab at the emotions of Love, is not funny." I broke down and looked in her eyes. "It is a very sad thing. It shows that you have no respect for Love." I stood, preparing to leave her to think on what I just explained.

Of course that was before she grabbed my hand. She has a very strong grip. I had removed my gauntlet earlier today, and even through my leather gloves, I could feel the heat of her hand. I fought back the urge to find out if the rest of her was as warm as her hands were.

"Vinnie." She said, using the nickname she had given me after I had first joined the misfit band, known as Avalanche. "Sit and talk with me." No 'please', of course.

I sat back down. "What do you wish to talk about?" I was hoping that maybe she wanted to talk about some young man from Wutai that she missed. If she was in Love with someone else, that would make it easier for me to leave her alone.

"Do you still Love Lucrecia?" She had looked back towards the east. Towards Wutai.

I nodded, but for some unknown reason, felt that I should elaborate. "But not in the same way that I once did. If she were to somehow return, I would not go back to her. I have come to realize that what was done is done. I am still here, whether it is a blessing or a curse, so that I can live."

PhoenixNeko

Old 10-02-2013, 06:42 AM

I nodded. So he's over her now. So she's not what's holding him back. "Then if I did really Love you, why would you turn me down?" I glared at him. His long awesome hair fell across his face as he looked at me.

"Yuffie. We are comrades of arms. We are friends. We met when you were still a child. Yes you still act as if you are one, but you are a woman, no matter what I tell myself. And if we were together, then we would lose our friendship. In any of the possible scenarios, we would never be friends again."

I almost started to cry again. So I did the only natural thing. I lashed out. "Vincent Valentine!" I stood up so that I could look down on him. For a second, shock flew across his face. "There are plenty of couples that are still friends after they start to date. Just look at Cloud and Tifa. They're friends, and they're a happy couple. So don't tell me that friends cant be together. Yeah it'll be all weird if we did go out, and then broke up and stuff. But ya'kno what? That kinda stuff always happens! So if you want ta have a fucking pity party go right on ahead. I want to pretend that I didn't hear that line of bullshit!"

Okay. I'll admit to it. It is a hundred percent Cid's fault that I cuss. Before I met him, whell yeah I cussed and stuff, but not like I just let out on Vince.

I guess I pissed him off, 'cause he stood up, and towering over me, he unleashed one of his 'best' glares. "Yuffie Kisaragi. Do not tell me that. I am trying to turn you away pleasantly. As a friend. But if you really do want to ruin what we have."

And he jumped down from the roof, and ran off towards Midgar.

I climbed back inside, through my bedroom window. Tifa was waiting in my room for me.

"Yuffie-chan…. We heard the yelling… Does he know?" She was worried. She's a great friend.

"Yeah. He should know it wasn't a joke now." I said as I glared out my window. "Maybe I don't love him. Maybe I hate him and don't know the difference."

Tifa smiled. "Nope. You love each other." She came over and wrapped me in a hug. Something that I only let her do if we're alone. I don't want the others to know that I like to have hugs once and a while. Or that I even need them. "It's okay. Everything will work out." She pulled back to look me in the eyes. "You'll see."

Last edited by PhoenixNeko; 10-02-2013 at 06:45 AM..

PhoenixNeko

Old 10-05-2013, 09:46 PM

I ran. I had to get away. I had been so close to kissing her. Did she really think that I was the one for her? How could she want to be with someone that … No. I'm not going there again. I need to talk to someone that's not going to patronize me for my choice in turning her down.

As I enter the church, I hear the sounds of laughing. I hid in the shadows behind one of the pillars. And I watched. There was a group six of children laughing and playing in the pool that was left behind two years ago. I walked out slowly, so as not to frighten them.

They looked up in surprise, and then waved to me. "Could you tell me where I can find the Lady?" I ask them, using the name that they had all given her.

"She's in the back room. She's tending to Kylie's skinned knee." Said one of the children, the oldest. She had to be since she was taller, and not as afraid of me. "Jojo is afraid of blood. So that's why she took Kylie in the back room."

I gave a brief nod and a thank you before I headed around the pool, to the back of the church.

In the back room, Aerith was standing up and smiling to the boy, Kylie, in front of her. "Just remember to be careful, okay?"

He nodded and ran off, to go play with the other children I presumed.

Aerith turned to look at me. "Hello Vincent. How are you today? Oh. You don't seem very well… What's wrong?" She said as she came over to stand next to me.

Zack came out of a side room. "Did something happen to Cloud?" The real reason that the two Lovers stayed behind was because of Cloud and Tifa. Wanting to help them and keep them safe was the one thing that tied them here to this church.

"No." I shook my head. "It's Yuffie and I. She claims that she's in Love with me. And I don't want to hurt her."

"Dude." Zack hung his head and shook it. Looking up, "What's wrong with you. You Love her, she loves you. That's all it really takes in the end."

Aerith nodded. "He's right Vincent. All you really need is Love. It's the one thing that will keep you going."

"I don't want to hurt her. And I don't understand why she Loves me."

"Because Vincent Valentine…"

"You're you." Zack finshed.

I finally understood and walked out the door, heading back to the Seventh Heaven.

PhoenixNeko

Old 10-08-2013, 02:31 PM

Tifa led me down stairs to the kitchen. I couldn't believe that she had so much faith in a relationship that probably could never exist. I mean I love Vincent and all. But he can't possibly care about me. I mean I'm nothing like his last girlfriend. Of course that doesn't stop me from hoping. I just feel like shit.

I jumped up and sat on the counter. Tifa poured me a glass of orange juice. She knows I like pineapple juice, but I finished it all earlier for breakfast. She handed me the glass, and I took a sip.

"So, Yuffie-chan, What are you planning on doing?"

I sputter. "Wha'd ya mean, 'what do I plan on doing'? I'm not gonna do anything. I did my part, and told him how I felt. If he wants to be an ass, then let him." I nodded. I mean I'm the Great Ninja Yuffie. I'm always right.

"Yuffie… You have that 'I'm always right' look on your face again." She leaned against the counter next to me. "Yuffie, I think that you need to prove to him that you're a good choice for him to start over with. That could very well be what it is that is holding him back. It could be that he thinks that because you're 'so young' that you will leave him when someone else comes along. Now don't quote me on this though since I'm not Vince, so I can't say for sure." She put one arm around my shoulder. "Just let him know."

I nodded as I finished the last of my juice. I set down the glass, and jumped off the counter. "I get it. It's not bad enough that I made a fool outta myself earlier, you want me to do it again! Some freaking friend you are Tifa!" I turned on my heels and stalked outta the kitchen, back out to the roof.

I sat and looked up at the stars. They were so pretty. Laid out for all the world to see. The gods had really out done themselves one them.