Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 09-03-2015, 11:19 PM

Name: Filius Imperii
Faction: Magic-Caster
Bio: Filius comes from a family of nobles that date their legacy back to the rise of their kingdom. With a past dipped in heroics and combat, it was expected for Filius to become a weapon-master, and continue the tradition. He was trained until he was 18 to take the path of a Weapon-Master.

Filius, however, chose a different path.

Instead of ruling the world, He sought to change it. Instead of killing his foes, he sought to heal the sick. Instead of avenging those who had died, he sought to save those that were dying. Filius chose a pursuit of the magical arts, to gradually shape the world into a better place. In the years that have passed, however, his anger has grown immensely, at the cruelty of others, and the treatment towards the weak. Though an Idealist, he has been known to have a quick temper, and benefits from his early training to become a weapon master.
Image:

Name: Raxus Lavicus
Faction: Weapon-Master
Bio: The Streets are unforgiving teachers, but Raxus is a fast learner. Born on the streets of Alarai, Raxus learned to be quick, and be silent. In a world where the big leave the small behind, Raxus thrives. A coin purse here, a piece of jewelry, or a weapon, it made no difference. Raxus also learned to use weapons that capitalized on his speed, such as a bow or daggers. It was nothing personal with Raxus, just survival.

He has a soft spot for younger children, and for animals. He also doesn't tolerate nobles who act as if they're better than the rest.
image:
-----------------------------------------------------------

The sun was shining over the barren field. Two figures ran, at the behest of the male figure. Raising a hill top, he showed her his creation: A small rose, in a patch of grass, in the dead land.

"I did it! I finally did it!"The child yelled, before looking around. "One day, I am going to cover this whole field in flowers, and make it all alive. If the monsters come, you'll help me protect it, okay?"The child reached his hand over to his female companion. "Promise?"

Filius's eyes snapped open, as he rubbed his head, and got out of his bunk. They were aboard a Dragon Gondola: A form of transport where they were atop a huge platform, which a dragon flying to their destination. It held about 500 or so students, along with staff and families saying their good-byes, so it was more or less lively. Filius walked out of his temporary lodging, after getting a quick body rinse, and a muffin for breakfast.

He walked over to the end of the gondola, and stared at the moving clouds, and the large wings of the dragon. "So this is it, huh.......finally, I can go to a place where I can master my talents, and slowly begin to heal this world....I wonder though. "He said to himself, as his mind drifted towards the past. "Will I ever meet that girl again?.......what was her name?......how long has it been since we heard from each other?......"He said, as he continued to stare at the shifting clouds.

Last edited by Andraus; 03-08-2016 at 01:27 PM..

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-04-2015, 01:30 AM

Sophie Eire
Faction: Weapon Master
Bio: Sophie was always an oddball around her friends and family. She was a tomboy, which was frowned upon by her rather, "traditional" family, whom of which, wanted their daughter to specialize in magic, a proper study for a woman.
For years, Sophie understood and followed her family's wishes, but came the chance for her to abandon their dreams, she began to set her own path and enrolled as a Weaponry student. Due to a traumatic past, Sophie struggles with feeling weak and seeks to empower herself through combat. The ways of a proper woman doesn't appeal to Sophie, and yet while she may front the opposite, Sophie is very much a lover at heart, not a fighter.

"Bijou"
Faction: Magic Caster
Bio: Bijou's real name is unknown to anyone but her parents, whom are no longer a part of her life. Bijou spends most of her time in the streets, where she uses her flexibility to perform marvelous stunts to entertain passerbys. As a child, Bijou's mother was very sickly, which led her to say things like, "My mother caught an uncold" which would explain the very, very rare times when her mother was actually well and not sick. Her father loved her mother dearly, more dearly than he loved Bijou. At times, her father felt he was a poor parent for his own child, and so when Bijou was 14, her father had left, convinced that she would have a better life without him. Since then, Bijou has earned enough money through dancing to avoid starvation and she has continued her education through reading books in the library.
. . . . . . .

Going to a school so far from home, but it would be a welcomed change, but a change nonetheless! Sophie would never admit she was nervous, but as she stared at the ground underneath the Dragon Gondola it made the hairs on the back of her neck stand straight up. She idly chewed her bottom lip and began to go over some of what she'd learned in a crash into-to-weaponry course she'd made herself go through with books from the library. This would be her first time learning to fight instead of just practicing privately at home.

Her memories wandered as she began to think of the home she was leaving behind. There was a boy she remembered so well. He wasn't like other boys she'd met, he had kindness in his eyes and he was full of magic... quite literally. He took Sophie's breath away in those days...

It almost, almost made Sophie tear up to remember such a beautiful time in her life. Such a beautiful person in her life. Where was he now? He left, like all the good people in her life usually did. She wondered what she'd say to him if they were to ever meet again? Would she be happy? Sad? Angry? Too many emotions were going through her mind to process so she simply closed her eyes and allowed herself to rest, while still keeping herself on high alert, in case anything dangerous were to happen.

The dragon reached the destination rather quickly for Sophie's tastes. She awkwardly grabbed her bags, (which didn't have very many items on it) and made her way off the dragon and towards the school. The vastness of the building was hard to take in, what, coming from a rather modest home, it was a lot to take in.

"Shit." She whispered, thankful her family was no longer around to hear her. Swearing isn't "proper" for a lady. "... Well, Sophie, it's all or nothing at this point. No turning back..." She straightened up her posture and made her way towards the school.

Last edited by Kory; 02-05-2016 at 01:01 AM..

Andraus

Old 09-04-2015, 01:48 AM

Filius would step down from the Gondola, taking in the fresh scent of the roaring window. The land in front of them, though decorated with a building of ancient age, was wild with plant-life. So much beauty in the world, yet so many wanted to exploit or destroy it.....the very thought made Filius sick with rage. Filius reached into his belongings, and held out a relic of the past: His very first magical creation, a small blue rose, still as fresh as the day it was created. Placing the Pot in his hand, he continued walking towards the school, a smile on his face he hadn't worn in awhile.

It wouldn't be long before it faded.

As they were on the bridge, He'd would notice something: Several tall-standing people, obviously weapon masters by their signature armor, were tormenting a young man. He had on a set of scale armor, with a cloaking matching the glittering scales. Obviously, this boy was a magic-caster, and a first-year. His fist clenching, Filius walked over towards the group, despite being outnumbered. "HEY!!! That's enough, leave him alone!"

"Aw look, another skirt-wearer is over here defending the twig."The leader, being the loudest and tallest, spoke up, walking over. "Beat it kid, and learn your place. You don't want to see what happens to the other robes, do you?"He asked, balancing his weapon in his hand.

Filius, in the past, may have been a kinder person, and just ran with the kid, but not anymore. Instead, Filius reached into his belt, and pulled out his blade, a two edged sword called 'The Judgment'. "You will not harm this boy, not while I stand here."Filius said. He placed the sword in one hand, and balanced the Rose-pot on his head. His left hand would soon glow with magic, as electricity started slithering around his fist.

Kory

Old 09-06-2015, 03:50 PM

A strange, familiar glow off in the distance caught Sophie's eye. It tugged at her memory and made her turn her head in the direction of the light. It was awfully familiar and against her better judgement she thought it may be a good idea to check it out, after all, she had plenty of time to get to her list of things to do before checking into her classes.

Sophie looked around nervously before changing directions and walking towards the light. It wasn't too far of a walk, and when she arrived a few feet away from the scene, she realized it wasn't much to look at either. Just a typical brawl, it seemed between the Magic Casters and the Weapons Masters. Sophie couldn't figure out why they fought, but she had heard of the competition between the two groups of students.

She was about to turn away, before she realized that the person holding a two edged sword looked incredibly familiar. She couldn't quite place it, but it definitely gnawed at her brain when she couldn't figure out right away how she knew this person. Well, no point in trying to figure it out no-

The blue rose on his head brought all of the memories flooding back. Sophie remembered now,

"Filius?!" She said in shock. She was at a loss for what to do, she only ended up doing what her immediate instincts told her to do. She froze for a couple of seconds, scrunched up her face in a mixture of anger, shock and hurt and she took off in the opposite direction, embarrassed. She had missed Filius for years and now he was suddenly here. Her mind couldn't compute normal feelings.

Andraus

Old 09-06-2015, 05:48 PM

Filius was ready to send these over-grown punks flying, but the moment he heard his name......the voice.....He stopped, and turned. The woman in front of him, who had said his name, had a look of shock, and many other emotions, on her face. Filius was at first confused, but that soon turned to realization. "Sophie?...."He would say, in a quiet voice. When she ran off, Filius couldn't think for a second, before turning towards the mage boy. "Run!"He said, as he sent out a blast of ice magic, and froze the floor under the weapon-masters, causing them to trip and fall.

Filius took off after Sophie, but going through the crowds were tough. He kept the back of her head in sight, but only barley. Pushing past a few, he ran closer. "Sohpie, wait!"He yelled out, holding his pot in his arm.

Kory

Old 09-06-2015, 07:22 PM

Sophie only glanced back to see if Filius was still following her, and that she only did once. It was too overwhelming for her to figure out what she wanted to do, but running away wasn't what she'd planned she'd do on their first reunion. She expected something a little more... Elegant?

Sophie continued to weave through the crowd blindly until she found she was cornered. She was on the edge of screaming.

She turned around to face Filius and she looked down at her feet, not making eye contact with Filius.

"Why did you leave..?" She asked, without really thinking about what she was saying. "Why?'

Andraus

Old 09-06-2015, 07:37 PM

Running after Sophie, in the sun, was killer on Filius's lungs, to say the least. After going through the entire bridge, and then some, he managed to corner her. He then placed his hands on his knees, before holding up one hand, it a finger sticking up. "One......one second....Spirits, I'm out of shape...."He said, before wiping his face off, and looked towards Sophie. "Now....to answer your question?.....Things came up, I didn't have a choice. I will never say good-bye to anyone...."He said. That was odd, why would he never say good-bye? before anything else, he held out the potted plant. "If I ever saw you again, I wanted to give you something.....this."He said.

It was the blue rose. It had grown into a small bush inside of the pot, but it was still the same flowerr that he created almost several years prior. It was obvious he cherished the memory of it as much as she did.

Last edited by Andraus; 09-07-2015 at 07:08 PM..

Kory

Old 09-08-2015, 02:24 AM

Sophie's eyes wandered over to the blue rose in Filius' hands. She had to admit, it was beautiful. The gesture out her at a loss for words and she reached out to take the rose, but drew her hands back, shaking her head.

"I.... I cannot take it. I'm afraid I've changed." She looked at Filius with sorrowful eyes, then reached behind her back and unsheathed her zweihänder sword, not completely, just enough to show it to him. "I'm not worthy anymore. I'm not that same doe eyed little girl anymore. I'm a warrior."

She didn't realize that it wasn't Filius she was trying to convince, it was herself. It felt awkward now, Filius was a man, no longer the boy she used to follow around and laugh with and enjoy the magic he used to do for her. Things change. As much as Sophie hated it, things change.

She looked at him, still a little sorrowful, but with a piercing gaze that she had spent years perfecting.

Andraus

Old 09-08-2015, 03:31 AM

Filius just looked at her, and for a moment, it almost seemed as if he would just....walk away. But then, Filius just burst out laughing, a smile on his face as if he just won the Lottery. He then reached over, and pushed her hand down, trying to press the blade back in it's sheath. He'd then place the pot on the ground, and hug Sophie. Filius smelled of earth and fresh rain. His laugh wasn't a mocking one, or antagonizing. It was a laugh of relief.

"Sophie.....you haven't changed a bit.....still acting the same way as when we were kids....."He said, holding her close. Filius saw her as Sophie, not a warrior or a mage, but just......her. He knew she acted the way she did for different reasons, but it had always been that way. She was never a 'Prim and Proper' Lady, nor was she a Hardened Knight. He didn't break the embrace until finally backing away, and picking up the plant. "I never say good-bye.....because if you don't say good-bye, you're never really gone.......just not here right now. "He said, and held out his hand. "Sir Sophie Eire, May this humble wizard walk you to your class?"

Last edited by Andraus; 09-08-2015 at 03:36 AM..

Kory

Old 09-08-2015, 10:08 PM

At first, Sophie was perturbed when Filius began to laugh, but his laughter was always so contagious and she found that a smile began to creep onto her face.

"What?!" She yelled through a chuckle. "What's so funny?"

When he hugged her, Sophie started off being a little rigid with her feet firmly planted on the ground. After a few seconds of awkward standing, Sophie slowly snaked her arms around Filius' and returned the hug. It was a nice, familiar gesture with familiar smells and familiar person.

Sophie smiled Filius asked if he could walk her to class. She thought for a moment, then responded, still smiling and trying not to laugh a little,

"Yeah, I guess... But don't cramp my style, I still have an image to uphold, y'know?"

And with that, Sophie reached out and grabbed his hand.

Andraus

Old 09-08-2015, 11:06 PM

"Of course, my lady. This humble Battle-Mage would never damage your sensitive image. "Filius said her, before lightly placing the plant in her hands. "This plant has had it's father all it's life.....but it missed it's mother. "He said, remembering how her family tried to teach her to do magic. Sophie was his first real teacher of magic, just as he taught her the basic's of swordplay and combat. The Blue rose was their child, and it was a symbol of how close they were. "I want you to have it.....even if you think you're not worth it, I think you are, and that's all that I need. "he said.

The school felt ancient, it's walls thick with magic. There were teachers in different classes practicing spells, and the court-yard was filled with warriors practicing. It was obvious this was a school for Hero's."

Kory

Old 09-09-2015, 02:24 AM

This time, Sophie accepted the rose with no qualms. It was certainly beautiful and it reminded Sophie of the years she and Filius had spent together as children. Many great years together. She smiled and gently held the pot in her hands,must dying it for a few moments.

"Thank you, Filius."

As she walked with Filius she realized just how much she had actually missed him. It was true what they said! Absence does make the heart grow fonder! She felt almost lost in a daydream, was this even happening?! Was Filius really back? Or was this something she was making up in her mind? She leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked.

But as they walked, she also noticed strange stares and sideways glances from other students. Sophie wasn't used to being stared at, and this was her first year as a Weapons Master. Was something amiss that she was oblivious to?

"Filius...?" Sophie asked, "Why are they looking at us like that?"

Andraus

Old 09-09-2015, 03:43 AM

Filius held Sophie close to him, loving the feeling of having someone he cared so deeply for near him again. When faced with the staring, Filius swelled with slight pride. It wasn't obvious to Sophie, but if Filius and her ever got together....well....that's best left up to fate. When asked by, Filius just smiled. "They think, more likely than not, that we're 'Together'. One, You're a beautiful young woman that anyone would be jealous about. Two, I come a wealthy family, and my training makes sure I am fit, so there are bound to be girls envious of you. "Filius said. "Even if we aren't together (yet), People make assumptions. It's also no Secret that Weapon-Masters and Magic-Casters don't get along. "He said, rubbing his head.

Kory

Old 09-09-2015, 11:48 PM

It took Sophie a while to let it all sink in. The idea of her and Filius being an item never crossed her mind until now. And truthfully, it was a rather wonderful thought... But Sophie came to this school to learn, now wouldn't be a good time to get on everyone's bad side. Especially with this being her first year.

The stares made her uncomfortable, she wasn't used to people looking at her and gawking. Immediately her hand went to the hilt of her sword and she moved in closer to Filius, preparing herself for battle, even though she wasn't all that well trained with her sword yet, she knew enough to kick someone's ass if it came to that.

"I don't like it..." She whispered. "Why don't the Weapon-Masters and Magic-Casters get along?" She asked. Though Sophie was listening she was currently on high alert and any little sudden move anyone would make would have made her draw her sword immediately. She really, really did not like being stared at by strangers.

Andraus

Old 09-10-2015, 05:30 AM

(Now for phase 1- Surprise)

As they were walking, a Weapon-Master would approach them, getting in their way. "Hey, pal, kindly get out of the way?"Filius asked.

The Weapon-Master would ignore him, and look towards Sophie. "Ma'am, you shouldn't wander around anyone of his ilk. They're no better than bureaucrats or politicians in place of our government right now!""The man would say."All I am saying is, a lovely lady like you shouldn't be seen with him. You should be someone with your own kind, someone like-"

Filius would close his eyes, rubbing his temple. He would then open them, and Sophie would see.....Anger deep inside of them. Filius would then raise his hands, as a blue mist would leave his palm. The mans mouth would freeze over, preventing him from speaking, but not from breathing. "Do me a favor, okay? shut up."

Kory

Old 09-12-2015, 06:03 PM

When the stranger approached Sophie she immediately backed away, but he kept coming closer, so just before Filius used his magic to "shut him up" so to speak, Sophie shoved him away from her.As much as Sophie didn't mind compliments, it was not appreciated by her to have strangers coming up to her and telling her what she should and should not do.

Just as she turned around to see Filius after she shoved the Weapons-Master, she noticed something in his eyes she'd not seen before. A deep, burning anger that actually scared her a little and she backed away from Filius, her hand still firmly placed on the hilt of her sword.

"Thanks, Filius." Sophie said gently. It was strange... He looked so different. She cautiously approached him once again, taking slow steps and speaking softly. "He was getting annoying, ha."

It was still scary to Sophie to see Filius change so much. That was unexpected!

Andraus

Old 09-12-2015, 10:14 PM

As quick as it came, it was gone: the anger was gone almost as quick as she spoke, and Andy proceeded to slap his head, as if to clear it. "No problem. I was more than happy to help. "he said, the smile back on his face. People were more silent now, more out of fear of a reprisal from Andy and Sophie than anything. Andy walked ahead, and took a deep breath, a look of joy on his face. "They say Love is magic.....tell me something, Sophie, do you feel magical?"He asked.

"This place is wonderful, it's somewhere I know where I can master my talents, and finally start healing this world. Soon, I will make my land nothing but flowing flowes."he said to her.

Kory

Old 09-14-2015, 10:29 PM

Sophie shrugged at Filius' question. Did she feel magical? No, not really... She kind of felt insignificant amongst the student body. She was new, after all, hadn't made any friends or any sort of acquaintances yet.

"... I guess I don't really know." She finally said. "Magical? It's such a broad..." As they walked Sophie noticed another Weapons-Master staring at her. It sent chills down her spine and she wanted to turn into a turtle and hide in her shell... She hated being stared at. Her hands hovered over the hilt of her sword and she walked closer to Filius as she finished her sentence. "... such a broad term."

Sophie couldn't help but smile a little with Filius mentioned turning the world into nothing but flowers. It was a beautiful, crazy, wild thought. But childish, Sophie knew better than to believe the land would one day be made up of flowers. Sophie mumbled beneath her breath, hoping Filius couldn't hear it,

"Where there's flowers there's always someone there to pluck their petals..."

It gave Sophie a somber mood as she thought more about it... Even the faintest light could easily be blocked with darkness. She felt odd, she was sensing darkness here.

Andraus

Old 09-14-2015, 10:53 PM

"That is why you're here. Remember our promise?"he asked her, the same smile as he was when he was a kid. His face then turned darker. "-and if that is not enough, then I will make sure to use my magic to tear them asunder. No-one will destroy the hope that others have. "he said, as he stared off into the distance. The fire of passion was vibrant in his eyes. "The world is full of those that will exploit others......I will show them the light. Those that would harm others shall find a place in the new world, or burn in their old ones. "he said, staring at his hand, as fire danced around it.

It appeared the years had only served to inflame Filius's passion. Obviously, he had not abandoned his hopes and ideals for the world, but there was something more in his words: A will to fight, and the drive to change the world for the better. It was beautiful, yet deadly. Too often ideals turned to vindication, and vengeance.

Kory

Old 09-15-2015, 08:06 PM

"Filius...?" Sophie wasn't normally one to question things, but she trusted Filius. At least, she thought she did. She asked, "Filius..." Something in you has changed... But the words didn't find their way out of her mouth. She was sensing something bad, horribly bad and that something eerie would await her once her classes started.

"I..." She tried to force those words out, but they simply refused to leave her tongue. ".... I...." She sighed in defeat. "How could I forget our promise? I've held onto it for this long."

Sophie felt jumpy, like something were to jump out at her and attack her if she wasn't on high alert. It felt odd being around Filius after all of these years, how ironic. To finally be reunited with a childhood friend only to find that they have changed in the years apart. Something wasn't right and Sophie would remain vigilant until the end when the darkness would finally show it's ugly face. She felt now would be the perfect time to combine her little knowledge of weapons with the years of magic she'd practiced at home.

"Classes are probably to start soon, Filius... We should walk a little faster."

Andraus

Old 09-15-2015, 09:11 PM

Hearing this, the look faded from Filius, as he gripped Sophie into a tight hug, kissing her cheek. "It's good to see that this world still has good people....."he said, as he looked around. "I could probably get us around faster, if we could avoid the students. The big question is this: Are you still afraid of flying?"he asked. He was intending on using wind magic to get him to float, and fire to propel them.

Kory

Old 09-16-2015, 10:44 PM

When Filius planted a kiss on Sophie's cheek it made her turn beet red for a moment. She felt her heart pounding in her rib cage and that feeling made her uncomfortable, yet a comfortable uncomfortable.

Sophie shook it off and looked at him boldly,

"I'm not afraid of anything." She snorted and she held onto him tightly, expecting that they'd magically disappear and reappear in class or something. She wasn't too sure what to expect, but she knew he'd use his magic, certainly. If Sophie remembered Filius correctly, she knew well enough how he loved to take every opportunity he could to improve and practice his craft.

Andraus

Old 09-17-2015, 01:47 AM

It appeared Filius just understood what he did, as his face turned red, and he rubbed the back of his head. When she gripped him tightly, she would be able to feel his heart racing. Not wanting to disappoint, Andy wrapped his arms around her, and let the wind lift them into the air. Igniting fire at his feet, he used it to start shooting them towards their school building. "Look at the sight of this....never gets old. "he said, a grin on his face.

Kory

Old 09-18-2015, 01:29 AM

Sophie wasn't expecting to be propelled into the air like they were. The second her feet lifted from the ground, she tightened her grip on Filius and shut her eyes tightly. She certainly was not afraid... She was just surprised. Yeah. That was it, just surprised. A shriek slipped passed her lips as they took off.

Flying was not at all what she had in mind, and she knew once they finally reached the school her hair would look horrible. Not that she cared, but she did hope to look presentable on the first day. Oh well! Those plans were already out the window.

Sophie tried to talk but nothing but shrill shrieks came out. After a while she began to catch her momentum and she tried speaking, ".... How long... ?" She found she was a little too.... scared surprised to say much more than that.

Andraus

Old 09-18-2015, 01:50 AM

"Not too long! "he said, before landing in front of one of the buildings. "Here we are, safe and sound...."He said to himself. He then looked towards his companion. "Excuse me, but with you gripping that tightly on me, people are starting to stare. "He said, though again, he was more than alittle proud. "But your nails are kinda digging into my skin......were you afraid?"he asked, a light smirk on his face.