Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-08-2012, 04:39 AM

How long did you spend on character creation? and is there a mod to fix the texture of faces? On Oblivion if I try to change the skin tone it doesn't look right..the head is a darker color than the rest of the body x.x

Last edited by Alura--x--Uneii; 02-08-2012 at 04:43 AM..

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 AM

On the ES games? I spend, on average, about 15 - 20 minutes. I like to perfect everything, from the hair color to the bridge of her nose. There are no facial retextures that I can think of off the top of my head, but this will take care of body and face both.

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-08-2012, 03:36 PM

Depending on how beautiful they have the graphics for me. If the faces aren't ugly I don't bother fixing them :p

Arkkath
Broseidon, King of the Broceans
Send a message via MSN to Arkkath

Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM

I usually don't spend that much time working on the faces.
Most of the time I'll choose one of the defaults if there is one and modify it a bit.
I don't really see the point in spending forever making your character look perfect down to the last detail if they're going to be covered up in armour anyway.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 02-08-2012, 05:10 PM

Depends on the game. I spend a WHOLE lot of time on the face in Mass Effect, since the armor is pretty much limited in how you can tweak it. In Elder Scrolls games, I spend most of my time just trying to figure out which race I want to play (Khajiit WUT UP).

But I also play The Sims. And I spend an ABSURD amount of time doing character creation, especially in 3 where you can change fabric patterns and textures and you can mix like 4 different hair colors all together (roots, tips, highlights, base).

Really... anywhere between 15 minutes and an hour. It really just depends :)

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 02-08-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkkath View Post
I usually don't spend that much time working on the faces.
Most of the time I'll choose one of the defaults if there is one and modify it a bit.
I don't really see the point in spending forever making your character look perfect down to the last detail if they're going to be covered up in armour anyway.
Who says my character's head is going to be covered in armor? :lol: I go to great lengths to not need a helmet.

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 PM

Who needs armor anyway? I just go around in underwear :p

Arkkath

Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM

So you wear a circlet which offers no armour?
If you're going to be a rangie, sure, but if you're getting right in and beating stuff to the ground yourself, you're going to want the armour.

Kinxi

Old 02-08-2012, 09:06 PM

Depends on the game. If the game has in-depth character creation/customization, I can, and usually do, spend upwards of 3+ hours on my characters.
If the game has mostly just pre-set stuff, I'll meddle with it for about 20 minutes and then not care, hahaha.

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
If you're going to be a rangie, sure, but if you're getting right in and beating stuff to the ground yourself, you're going to want the armour.

Lulz, I've had no issues so far being nekkid. Though if I am getting my butt kicked I'll go find some :p

Kaylesha Blackheart
Go Go Samurai!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:01 PM

I spent 20 minutes on Skyrim customizing Kaylesha. I wanted her to be pretty but real-looking at the same time.
I'll have to get a facial close-up of her somehow and screenie/post here.

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen

Old 02-08-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Pfft, I'm a "kill all the things"-style warrior. I wield shields and maces, and I still don't find need for a helmet. I make up for my armor class in other ways. My pretty white tattoo doesn't show with the Dragonborn helm on, and I can't have that.

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Who needs a suit of armor when you have an over sized shield? :p

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 PM

Dual wielding + Sneak attack > Shield

I always play the sneaky character types, it seems like.

My husband is always a mage.

Arkkath

Old 02-09-2012, 01:51 AM

Just saying, why wouldn't you want to wear all of this?

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen

Old 02-09-2012, 02:19 AM

Sue me, but no. I want to wear something more like this, or this, or especially this.

Mmm, female-friendly armor mods. The best thing to ever happen to the Elder Scrolls. Man, I remember the good ol' days when I was playing Morrowind, and you couldn't even tell the gender of my character under all that armor. *shudder*

Zernita
Feast's Servant

Old 02-09-2012, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyori View Post
In Elder Scrolls games, I spend most of my time just trying to figure out which race I want to play (Khajiit WUT UP).

But I also play The Sims. And I spend an ABSURD amount of time doing character creation, especially in 3 where you can change fabric patterns and textures and you can mix like 4 different hair colors all together (roots, tips, highlights, base).

Really... anywhere between 15 minutes and an hour. It really just depends :)
When I was making a Kajiit in Skyrim, it took me like a half an hour haha, because of all the different fur patterns and shadings possible, plus the scars and hair XD

Also for Sims, I do spend around an hour on a character.

But I have to admit that the most time that I've ever spent on customizing a character, was for a game called 'Champions Online';

You have to create your own superhero and, believe you me, there is a TON of different outfits/accessories to chose from. The shading and color of the clothes and hair is insane, pretty much as in depth as Sims are, but with guns, light sabers, rocket launchers, tentacles and gills.

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-09-2012, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilea View Post
Sue me, but no. I want to wear something more like this, or this, or especially this.

Mmm, female-friendly armor mods. The best thing to ever happen to the Elder Scrolls. Man, I remember the good ol' days when I was playing Morrowind, and you couldn't even tell the gender of my character under all that armor. *shudder*
I'd hit that..wait...

YEah it's like on White Knight Chronicles where the females look the same as the males in armor unless you wear the female only stuff x.x

Zernita
Feast's Servant

Old 02-09-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilea View Post

That last one kinda looks like Olivia Wilde XD

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen

Old 02-09-2012, 05:52 AM

See, Ark? You've been outvoted; the ladies love me. Clearly I'm appealing to the wrong gender. /flex

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 AM

Plus you'd get all hot and stinky in all that heavy armor too >_< I dunno how knights did that back in ye olde merry England >3>

Arkkath

Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 PM

Well of course you're going to get the ladies to all choose your colourful cleavage shots.

I'll just be over there in my Nightingale Armor, sneaking around and slitting people's throats.

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen

Old 02-09-2012, 11:17 PM

Pfft, whatever, I'm a card carrying member of the Loyal Order of the Very-Protective Fantasy Armor.

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-09-2012, 11:41 PM

BTW does anyone know if they made Link's outfit for female characters? the one I have now is too big for her D: