kyoshiana
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to kyoshiana Send a message via Yahoo to kyoshiana

Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 AM

hmm... I haven't really fallen in love persay... maybe just a fondness of, but if given the chance... I'd totally glomp Lestat and Tarquin "Quinn" Blackwood from Anne Rice's books... except I'd have to do it quickly because they're both vampires and they'd probably be appalled that I did so XD ... and aside from that Quinn is in love with Mona Mayfair and Lestat is in love with both of them... so I'd be... nobody T__T... well, maybe not... I'd be some weirdo glomping people I'm a complete stranger to XD

there's also Taita from Wilbur Smith's Egyptian Series... he's a multi-talented eunuch slave so no lovins for him D: but that hasn't stopped people from loving him ... it's historical fiction, but at the end of River God he wrote about how Taita was a real person... but I'm not completely sure *shrugs*... but certainly not in love with any of them... just very fond of them lol

there might have been someone else, but I can't remember because my short term memory is going really bad... which sucks >_>

Last edited by kyoshiana; 08-25-2008 at 01:19 AM..

Seiyuri Sakura Nightmare

Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 AM

Ok, Ithink I'm going to have to add my name to the Darcy fan list. I seriously was IN LOVE with him. My friend Megan can vouch for me on that one. And Erik, from the Phantom of the Opera. And Hannibal Lector... Don't ask... There was this on book, I can't remember the name of it.... But I wouold walk around with it, hugging it to my chest, and would always sigh when I thought about it. Oh bugger. Now I'm going to be up all night wondering about it... You guys can have Lestat, I prefer Loui.

xghostlyx_xgirlx
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via ICQ to xghostlyx_xgirlx Send a message via Yahoo to xghostlyx_xgirlx

Old 08-25-2008, 05:54 AM

some one has already said the character i'm in love with.
lestat could bite me any time, or pretty much any male vampire from an Ann Rice book :)

Ame Za Rain
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Ame Za Rain

Old 08-25-2008, 03:45 PM

Ive had many infatuations with male characters in many stories. I have to say I do have at least 3 I can name right now that I loooove

Add me to the list of Mr. Darcy....ohhhh man <3
Jacob Black of course from The Twilight Series<3
Erik Night from the House of Night Series...<3

Sasha1985
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to Sasha1985

Old 09-03-2008, 08:44 PM

Ummmm yea ditto to Edward and Jacob my main men! But also to this one guy in the book "Awake" I can't for the life of me remember his name but he was just so adorable. Like she liked snikers and even if she was mad at him and told him she hated him he would still leave her snicker bars in random places that he knew she would look, like the first one where it was under the cover of her text book in the library before they even started hanging out and she didn't know it was him. He was such a sweetheart just for remembering all the little stuff. And when he thought she was going to leave him becasue she thought he did something that he didn't but couldn't tell her about it cause he was working with the cops he was going to quite his job and try to prove him self worthy and trustworthy to her again. *sigh* lol.

teacupmouse
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon waltz View Post
I fall in love with characters much less frequently than I find myself wanting to be characters, but I certainly did fall in love with Hugh Beringar of the Brother Cadfael mysteries - he's energetic, very clever, and most significantly has the ability to laugh at himself. I have, at times, also been in love with Stephen Maturin (of Master and Commander, etc.).

Oh, I love Brother Cadfael! I was so surprised to see his name pop up. How wonderful.

moon waltz
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-04-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacupmouse View Post
Oh, I love Brother Cadfael! I was so surprised to see his name pop up. How wonderful.
Oh! Another Cadfael fan! Yes, those stories are very much favorites of mine; I have four of them that I rotate through my coat pockets in case I need something to read.

Alice Odette

Old 09-05-2008, 02:09 AM

I will admit that I am madly in love with Jasper Hale from the Twilight series.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 PM

Okay. My first one was in 8th grade, I fell madly in love with Howl, from Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. How could I not adore him? he was such a charming and delightful characters.

Later that year came Murtagh, from Eragon. He was (and is) such and interesting character! I duked it out with my friends as to whether or not he was awesome.

Then when I reread the Harry Potter books last summer, it was Sirius Black. How can I not love the man, honestly? I LOVE alot of characters from Harry potter, but not like I loved Sirius.

In the second half of the school year last year, I came down with an adoration for Tybalt from Romeo and Juliet. I'd read Romeo's-Ex ebfore I read Romeo and Juliet, and Tybalt was an awesome character in that. My opinion carried over to when I read Romeo and juliet, and i do beleive I was the only one in the class that like him. It didn't help that I went to see the Romeo and Juliet ballet while reading the play and found the man playing Tybalt to be extremely attractive. :P

At the end of the school year/the beggining of summer, it was a fleeting fancy with Daerian Carter from the Firekeeper saga. He's still awesome, but the crush-type thing went away pretty quickly, and I passed the trait to a character of mine, who is already in love with Boromir from LotR and several Shakespearian characters. I figured another obsession with a fictional man couldn't hurt her real husband-figure too badly.

Most recently (and also currently) it is Louis and Lestat from the vampire chronicles.

....Wow, that was slighting embarassing to admit... I didn't quite realize I had so many. :P

Sirenian

Old 09-19-2008, 06:39 PM

Honestly.... who HASN'T fallen in love with Edward Cullen and Jacob Black.
I LOVED Ian and Jarod from The Host. <3
So.... pretty much ANY of Stephanie Meyer's characters. lol. Yes...... I'm hopeless.

xmushums
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 PM

Yeah, I love Edward and Jacob <333
Sirenian, I feel the same way about the host :p
Gosh. . . Stephenie Meyer seriously knows how to write books :x
When I first started reading the twilight series, I just couldn't get over edward. . I was so upset when he left. . like I didn't even want to read anymore, lmao. . I had to tell myself that he would come back:P

@Sasha: I read that book, it was really good.. there's a second one coming out.. I don't remember the guy's name though :s

Aranel
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-26-2008, 08:16 AM

Well I had a thing for Loki from "Runemarks" by Joanne Harris, I don't know what it was about him but I adored him. Mind you I didn't love love him. It was more of an infatuation.
xDD

There was Murtagh from "Eragon" , I guess the whole mysterious, I'm-not-my-father-honest thing drew me in. I felt sorry for him too, maybe that attributed to it?

Bill Weasley from the "Harry Potter" series, I hated Fleur with a passion when I found out they were getting married. Then I moved onto Charlie Weasley, because dragons are cool, now I'm stuck with George Weasley. I have a thing for red-heads don't I?
Dxx

Kvothe from "The Name of the Wind". He was just super-cool and charming, so I came to have an affixiation with him too.
=D

Gilan from "The Ranger's Apprentice Series." I don't know, he was just so cool and calm all the time.
-shrugs-
Besides, Will and Horace were too...I don't know really, they just didn't appeal to me as much as Gilan.
x3

There are so many more, but I don't want to list them all in fear of embarrassment.
.______.;;;

Last edited by Aranel; 10-01-2008 at 02:18 AM..

Winter Storm
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Winter Storm Send a message via MSN to Winter Storm

Old 09-26-2008, 06:10 PM

I have never, fallen in love with a book character. I think that's silly.
No offence to anyone. :p

Aranel
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-27-2008, 10:23 AM

I know, it's sad isn't it Storm?
T-T

I need to stop being such a fan-girl...
I just find the men in books so much nicer then real life males in general.
Must be why some of the books sell so well.
xD

Ophiella

Old 09-27-2008, 04:56 PM

I fell head over heals for Jean-Claude and Micah from the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series.

I also gave a piece of my heart to Tomas from the Riftwar Saga.

Hmm...My biggest crush is probably on Howard Roark though, from The Fountainhead.

I'd say that's all the actual book crushes thus far! hehe.

EDIT:
and @xmushums I did the same thing! When Edward left I whined to my boyfriend about it, and stopped reading for an hour...then he told me I should keep reading since main characters usually come back, hehe.

Last edited by Ophiella; 09-27-2008 at 04:59 PM..

kagehikaru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-27-2008, 07:36 PM

Oh, goshness, where do I start...?

There's Corlath from "The Blue Sword", and Luthe too, although I fell in love with him when I read "The Hero and the Crown" literally to pieces. I cried when that happened. They're both by Robin McKinley, and I recoomend them highly, even though they're way beneath my reading level. She also wrote "Sunshine", and Constantine makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Vampires are indeed the hotness. That one is for mature audiences only.

I confess, I fell in love with Dumbledore from Harry Potter. I screamed and cried and threw the book across the room when she killed him. Then I picked it up and finished reading. I haven't been able to read that book since. :( My mother gave me interesing looks during the "No no no no no!!! Not my Dumbley door! Bad author! Give him back! Nooooooooooo!!!!!" rant.

Oh, there's a billion of these... Skif, I fell in love with him during "To take a Theif" by Mercedes Lackey. He's in a bunch of other ones too. Um, Amberdrake from "The Black Griffon" (same author) and Skandranon too. He's squishy and he talks to himself. 8D

In all fairness... Yes, I have a girl charecter I love. It's the tiny note of bi-ness in me, I guess. Karigan from "Green Rider" by Kristian Britain and the ensueing books. If you run across them, give them a try, they're awesomness. Althought I lost my copy of the new one... :(

And I'm with Aranel, I love Kvothe. I can't wait for the next book to come out.

There's a bunch I'm leaving out, but these are the big ones, the ones I've been in love with for years... If you want the rest, well, I can dig through my three book cases if you like, but it'll take me a while...

Last edited by kagehikaru; 09-27-2008 at 07:42 PM..

Aranel
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-28-2008, 07:30 AM

OMGWTFBBQ!?!!

You've read the Name of the Wind too?!
Yay!
-huggleglompattack-

And I'm with you on the whole bookshelf thing.
xDD
It'd take forever for me to list all of the characters I admire or am/are/were infatuated with.
>=D

kagehikaru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-28-2008, 04:34 PM

I loved Name of the Wind! If it wasn't for the fact that I keep getting books thrust at me (apparently my friends have decided that books are not, in fact, evil) I'd have read it a billion times by now! It's so cooooooooooool...:love:

o.o My brother and sister and my nephew are prolly moving in with us and mom wants to move the bookcases. Dear god save me! *hides under a box*

Aranel
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 AM

My friends think they're spawn of the devil, if it's any consolation.
x3
And I do adore the Name of the Wind, I think I've almost destroyed the book, you know how they begin to wear after you read them a lot?
=D

Set up booby traps around your bookcase!
D=<
Don't let them move the treasury!
Dxx

kagehikaru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2008, 05:25 AM

Between my brother and I, we ruined my first copy of The Hero and The Crown in one summer. By the time we finally gave up we were missing eight pages and none of the others were still attached to the binding. It was sad... :cry:

The bookcase in my room is sercure. The one's in my mom's room are being moved though. Back breaking labor, here I come... At least I've convinced her that some of it can wait until next weekend.

Aranel
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-29-2008, 05:31 AM

Eep.
._____.;;;
Poor books.
Was it too late for the sticky-tape to be used?

Do they absoloutely have to be moved?
Isn't your spine/back more important?
Dxx

SwEeTcRoWn09
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 PM

EDWARD CULLEN and JACOB

lol they are like the dark and the light of Dn angel lol =]

DarkAngel21
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-30-2008, 04:17 AM

if i had to say something about fictional romance is that i do like Will from the Ranger's Apprentice series, which probably no one has heard about. and it's probably been heard by many people posting in Edward Cullen from Twilight, but i knew nothing about the Twilight series until only a few weeks ago when my friend told me about it. Now i'm hooked and liking Edward. =3

Aranel
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-30-2008, 04:23 AM

I've got the Ranger's Apprentice books!
Except most of them are the '2 books in 1 book' version.
Will's cool, Horace is alright too I guess.

I never even thought of that though.
O.o
Good point though about Twilight, I only found out about the book series after watching a movie trailer for the movie on my friend's my-space page.
-shrugs-

Winter Storm
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Winter Storm Send a message via MSN to Winter Storm

Old 09-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Hmm, I wouldn't agree that Edward and Jacob could be the Krad and Dark of DN Angel..
The only thing that the two pairs have in common are that they are enemies. But thats my opinion.

I like the comparison that they had in the book, Romeo and Juliet.