Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 02-11-2008, 06:33 PM

-hugs Tre- I may be no substitute for your boy but I'm always here to talk.

mmariep2
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mmariep2 Send a message via MSN to mmariep2

Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 PM

I guess I fit the bill.

I haven't got a boyfriend, so I'm all alone for the holiday. I have a special friend, but he's thousands of miles away so we can't be together either.

Hello everyone.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 06:41 PM

Hmmm....I keep wondering whether I should have stuck it out with my fiance until after valentine's, but I suppose it's better this way, I mean sure, I'm alone and miserable for the third month now, but at least I'm not pretending to love someone that I just don't love anymore.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 02-11-2008, 06:43 PM

Kaderin - Yeah it's never good to try stick around when you've fallen out of love with the person. You'd have learned to hate yourself for playing him in such a way. -has gone through this herself-

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 PM

Kale: And it's not like I love him at all. He's a great guy as far as being a friend, but he never listened to what I said and when I was at college last year he was constantly worried that I was gonna be kidnapped and raped or I would sleep around with my guy friends and all that stuff. Plus he'd gotten too controlling and he was letting his parent's opinions weigh more on his decisions than mine....and I was his potential wife...

(sory for the rant)

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 02-11-2008, 06:50 PM

Eh... I hate guys who think they can be controlling like that and paranoid... I have a friend who's like that when it comes to the girl he's with... I always have to talk him out of thinking 'friend' means second lover. -shakes head-

I'm sorry he hadn't listened to you o.O that's horrible that he'd listen to parents before you for decisions. Because as a potential married couple, any decision affects both and parents shouldn't truly come into play when it's like that. :?

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 06:54 PM

Yeah, and he always was trying to make me happy which is great, but in a relationship you need to do what's best for said relationship, not just what will make one person happy. He was always going on about how I should go to college and everything. His reasoning? "At least you can achieve your dreams."
And I almost had him talked into going to college, but he let his parents talk him out of it.
Oh, and he's gone through like 4-5 jobs in just about 2 years.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 02-11-2008, 06:57 PM

-Blinks- My question would be is why wouldn't his parents want him to go to college. He could easily get a stable job that way, and a good paying one to say the least.

Hehe, I suppose I shouldn't be one to talk about the pleasing others part. I'd rather everyone around me be happy than the other way around.

EDIT: Oops, gotta go. Class is starting.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 07:01 PM

Heh, yeah, I like others to be happy, but if I'm not happy...well, I've sort of become one of the "misery loves company" types.

But I think I'm done ranting about my ex now....
so this valentine's I'll be at home alone (my parents are going out on a date :roll: ) and I'll be eating black-frosted heart-shaped cookies and watching whatever movies I can manage to find to rent...probably Pirates 3 and a few other fairly recent ones.

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 07:14 PM

Hmm, the recent conversation above reminds me of how my ex used to treat me. He always made me feel unimportant and that whatever I said wasn't good enough.

It was alright for him to go out and do whatever but he always had to know where I was and if I was going out who I was with.

In the end he didn't much care because as it turns out he ended up cheating on me.

I think I'm much better off being on my own than with him. It is kind of sucky to be alone though.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 07:18 PM

Yeah, Matt wasn't quite that bad...but had we stuck with it, he probably would have gotten to that point. His dad's like that though so it's just how he learned things I guess.

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 07:23 PM

Jev's dad wasn't like that, at least not from waht I saw. I have no idea where he picked it up from, but I figure since he didn't have such a smooth relationship with his first girlfriend he must have just acted different with me.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 PM

Yeah, it's possible with both our guys that they're just still learning. I think that as they get older they'll hopefully grow out of the paranoid and controlling stages. Some guys don't though.
Who knows?

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 07:33 PM

Yeah, hopefully.

I've recently just found out that apparently I'm still bitter about the who experience with him cheating on me and such.

But yes, I'm at the point where I do hope things go well for him in the future. Just not with me.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 07:37 PM

*hugs marie*
It's good to be bitter. Being bitter shows that you're still human; that you still feel and that he still hurt you. Eventually you'll get over it, but for now I'm sure it hurts. How long ago did you two break up? (Just curious)

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 07:44 PM

A couple of years ago now. Almost three and a half.

I haven't had time for relationships the last few years.

After breaking it off with my ex, I found out I was pregnant. So I moved back home with my family and decided to raise my daughter.

The whole thing irks me because he was my first "real" serious boyfriend.

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-11-2008, 07:47 PM

i dont have a boyfriend and have never had one and i'm 18.

mmariep2: that sucks. does he know he has a daughter? (assumeing that it's his)

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 PM

@ Kongouseki - Yeah, he knows. He just doesn't seem to care I guess.

I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was 20, so being 18 and never having had one doesn't seem strange to me.

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-11-2008, 07:55 PM

mmarie: you should take him to court (i think there's a family court) for child support (some women dont really need to) so you're not struggling much raising the child (if you are at all)

that's good to know. most find it strange. i mean, 8 year olds are talking about having boyfriends and girlfriends.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 07:59 PM

:shock:
Whoah! Yeah that's a really sucky situation marie!
I'm sorry!
*hugs again*

(sorry for poofing...net booted me.)

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 08:04 PM

@ Kongouseki - I've already filed child support papers. The state garnishes his wages and sends me a check every other week or so. So I'm doing alright without him.

@ Kaderin - Thanks. But its alright, I've been doing quite alright without him, and besides, I'm much happier without him anyway.

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-11-2008, 08:07 PM

mmarie: that's good. it never hurts to have a little extra support though.

kaderin: that's what happened to me yesterday.

well class starts in 15 minutes and i still have to walk to the building. so i better head out. bye!

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM

@ Kongouseki - Yeah, extra help never hurts, but thats what my family was for.

Have fun in class!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 PM

Well, I'm glad that you're happy anyway. My break up is actually more recent. The saturday before Christmas. Bad timing, but it couldn't be helped.
*tried to be cool, calm and collected today*

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 PM

Yeah, thats definately bad timing. Sorry. It'll take a while to get back into the swing of things and feel better.

Its ok to feel bad, at least I've always thought so.

Were you the one to break things off?