NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 05-14-2013, 11:42 PM

"I... I... I am usually more a Junior Detective... Always with my partner and solving murders and the like..." he replied, unsure as to why he cared to tell the creature. He supposed it was a good thing that Carter wasn't asking him about what had just happened, or teasing him about the hated part of him.

"You were... My first case... Actually..." he muttered, putting his glasses back on and blinking, remembering the rush of adrenaline when he and Detective Matthews had traced all the reports of abuse to Carter's grandparents. "We had heard about you through neighbourhood rumour... We... We found you after a week."

He stopped there, knowing that he shouldn't expect Carter to be thankful or even a slight bit grateful. "After this rain stops, we should go into town for more supplies... I mean... You might still want some meat or something... And the sheets here are all old and musty..." he trailed off lamely. He wanted to be able to tell Carter that he wanted to take the creature out into the world he had been locked away from for so long. "As long as we are careful..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM

Carter twisted some of his hair, watching it unravel when he let it go. “Well you’re doing pretty good for a newbie.” He commented offhandedly. “I mean, as far as I know---which isn’t much.” He stood with a grunt, stretching tall in a way that made his joints pop and crack. for all Carter knew, Tomas could be doing a horrible job. He doubted an agent would be so quickly put in his place, scared to his room, or reduced to tears---in his opinion an agent or detective or whatever he was considered had to be generally stony on the face, their emotions cooped up inside until the right time. Tomas’s was one of timidity, splashed with a little rough violence he didn’t seem to like to show. It was fascinating to Carter, though. He made a mental note to see if he could make Tomas react again.

For now he stepped around the table in front of him and went to the door. “Sure.” He said, opening it and looking outside. “I mean, I might be traumatized and go on a rampant killing spree, but I think it’d be a good idea to be introduced to society.” From what he’d been around, society was loud, bustling, and full of so many people of different scents. And he could really use a bite of real meat, too---some that wasn’t diseased and bony like the rats he lived on for nineteen years. He had a relative grasp on his humanity now, perhaps it’d be easier to deal with a lot of people around him.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 06-14-2013, 04:09 AM

Tomas faltered at Carter's words, stumbling with his words before he decided against his suggestion. "Erm... Maybe we can wait for a bit..." he suggested lamely, moving towards the door and closing it before the creature could go outside. "It's raining still... With how long you have been kept inside, you might catch a cold really easily..." He tried to sound like he was caring, but he knew that Carter could see right through him.

"There's some meat in the freezer I can de thaw for you... I suppose you want it raw?" He went to the kitchen and pulled out the small packets of steaks, taking them to the microwave and setting it on defrost.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-14-2013, 04:42 AM

Carter smiled wryly, leaning against the now-closed door. "I know you entered my 'home' when you and the other investigator found me. You saw how open it was. It leaked. Was horrible, really, I'm sure you think. With that level of filth and openness to damp, moldy environments, it's obvious you're covering yourself." He shrugged, though. "From what I hear, this island is rainy half the year and sunny the other half. If there's a break in the rain it'll be short, I'm sure."

He lifted his nose suddenly, smelling something. Meat. Not like the rats, larger and better, disease free. Without realizing, Carter had stuck his tongue out and bit it in impatience, scratching the soft wood of the door behind him. "You don't have to act as if you care, Tomas." He said, shaking his head of the fog that had set in. "I'll do well to give you the same courtesy."