M i r o
Comatose

Old 12-16-2013, 10:37 PM

I'll reply to other posts later. Round 4 is over.

You really think so? It's really late in the game now. Would it be fair to change the AB?

Hadsvich: Everything alright with these?

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-16-2013, 10:53 PM

No it would not be fair at all because it'd just be John and Hads and that other person just getting all the bids, there's nothing wrong with that but that leaves no hope for the rest of us.. and that would not be fair at all. John if you want to get rid of your money then maybe you can work a deal out with miro

I'm just so close to 4k and you want to raise it...

M i r o
Comatose

Old 12-16-2013, 11:03 PM

They're just worried I'm overloading myself with the low AB. It's okay, PK.
I'm not changing it xDDD Maybe in the future, if I ever do it again.

Aww, Haddy & Kent usually are the ones to buy me up first wherever I go but they are nice to let others get art done too.
I understand your concerns.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 AM

On the bright side, at least I can't spam Miro with derpburd requests.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 PM

M i r o 's style is just so lovable xDDD

John Boner
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2013, 05:28 PM

Lol touchy touchy.
I didn't mean to offend. I was just looking at it from the point-of-view of the an artist (being one myself) if someone repeatedly ABs my auction, I would consider raising the AB or even eliminating it, allowing people to, well, just ... BID (which is what an auction is supposed to be about, right?) I had no intention of throwing other potential players out of the ring so that I could repeatedly AB the auction (which is against Miro's rules anyway. Yes, I can read) I was just thinking to Miro's benefit. Not mine. But whatever. CLEARLY it was none of my business to begin with. P:

M i r o
Comatose

Old 12-17-2013, 07:34 PM

You're fine, John xDDD You weren't the first one to mention it.
I am going to keep that in mind the next time, if I ever continue.

But it's the Holidays, nobody should let things get'em down during'em.

@ Ash; bwahaha! goal accomplished
I try to make things irresistible, lul

@ Anna; awww

---------- Post added 12-17-2013 at 02:44 PM ----------

Oh, John - send me your auction info when you can.

---------- Post added 12-17-2013 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
Considering we're talking about fictional creatures, the reason for those stereotypes is because most people want to see them as such and lack creativity to come up with something else. Being gorgeous and attractive =/= lewd. Being the latter, in my opinion, isn't cool or sexy at all. We could start a topic about generalized world's sexuality now that also puts certain frames on characters, but that's kinda off-topic talk for this thread, heh.

But I'm totally not against anthros being gorgeouss. Cause, how can they not be? *_* The ears immediately make them more somehow more elegant, haha. And, YES, being feline anthro gives edge to outfits and looks that otherwise would fall into lewd category. It's a fun knife to walk on.

Furcadia's kind of like show-off place for rich RPers to strut their stuff. They buy expensive avatar-stuffs, arts and who has more of them, ranks higher (it's kinda like mmo, you get to move an avatar around, but mostly chat, although it has some animations. They're working on more advanced one now, though). Well, that's my impression about 50-70% of them.

I don't have a char based off of on me. When I was 15, I did create two girls, though, one to represent me as I am, or maybe a bit exaggerated in my withdrawal and depression and one like I would want to be. Well, the RP didn't last long, but it was fun. Now, my traits are scattered among all my many OCs, although some hold little to nothing from me. Perhaps only shared things are what I would like to have - determination and going for justice/truth. They just pursue it very differently. Like, one is rebellion leader and another assassin on revenge spree.
Phew, strong views. Well, I have a desire of any character being lewd/lusty, while also being sadistic, vicious, cruel, and strong with a few or many flaws. It might be xDDD But you're allowed to speak your mind. It's chatting/auctioning after all!

Although, regarding other sexualities, the anime/manga people do try to push them together. Though, almost always in separate genres. They make Kitsune/Werewolves personalities well-rounded with hostility and love. But you're right with Nekos, they are always typically depicted with weak minded personalities. I'm trying to think of a manga that doesn't but I can't xDD

Yesss! I agree.
Anthro characters can just buff up any gorgeous character and make them epic. * w *

Oh, so you have to pay to play? I don't like those games. Especially when they offer a free account to players but restrict their movements and level-ups. It's the main reason why I don't play those type of games. T . T

aww! Someones got a assassin inside of'em ~ I prefer it that way, the way you described how you combine yourself into your OCs with shared qualities. And having a OC completely based off of yourself is kind of awkward (or at least I think it does). 'Cause your kind of exposing yourself.

John Boner
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2013, 08:46 PM

Ahh alright. :3 I sent payment via donation if that's ok.
I has an art request on gaia
if you want to pick characters from that request I would appreciate it
Here it is

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-17-2013, 09:36 PM

Haha, well, I don't hate on anyone's opinions, especially in role play matters, since you know, it's my choice to play with them or not. No one forces my chars hang around with theirs if I don't want it. AND sometimes it's interesting to break boundaries, throw my char in something that's not common for me as well. So, I think, diversity is the key to RP world/character lot in the end. And for diversity, we need those lewd, vicious chicks. Sure, they often end up being very similar in personality, but the cruelty/evilness levels and all other make them each (mostly) unique. It depends on RPers level.

Perhaps the fact there are quite a bunch of those kind of characters in RP world gotta do with people mindsets. They want to be/have the strong, sexy babe (character), put out that little cruelty in them/deal with life's blows as it hands it to them in same manner and kitty claws + details just up the sexiness level so it ends up like that.

I just have ended up splitting those character traits around, not on purpose but somehow over the time I created them. Except the lewdness, haven't added that to anyone, I just have this dragon prince who flirt with practically every woman. >.> But that's not all that lewd. Not to extremes, at least. It's just talk, in most cases.

Well, it's kind of more like avatar site than MMO, only you can walk around, so... Like Gaia? It's kinda commercialized like Gaia, too.

The assassin is my oldest-still-in-RP OC. Created when I had hard time in life, thought I would went out my pain and anger through her. Although more subconsciously than the actual thought. Didn't really work, in the end. Made her kinda typical, she has matured A LOT as character since then, become more... reasonable. Also, I've gotten soo much better at writing personalities and thought patterns that differ from mine since then.

And, yep, especially if you provide that it's based on you, like with your picture or something. Or you make your username and their name the same and then you go, check profile and think, this is basically them probably (and often is, when you compare age, known interests, etc.)

Last edited by sadrain; 12-18-2013 at 11:43 AM..

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-17-2013, 11:10 PM

it is irresistible!!!!

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-18-2013, 02:59 AM

Well no John I understand but the most recent auction I seen you at you bid 20k and just looking at that and the amount of gold you have it deters people like me away anyway even if that's not your intent lol.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boner View Post
Ahh alright. :3 I sent payment via donation if that's ok.
I has an art request on gaia
if you want to pick characters from that request I would appreciate it
Here it is
* w *

I think I'm going to do Frarar -- even though I hate facial stubble, I wanna crack at it xDD
I've never done it before. And it's a chance for me to try to go more manly.

It is. I put a note to remind me in the Auction Time-Out section.
Working with the trading system is tricky. I wish they'd fix it.

* For anyone having future trouble with the trades, this is what you do
:
Quote:
Enter my name "M i r o" (not Miro [apparently there's another user with that name])
Add a random item
Click "Start Trade"
Load page and remove the item
Add gold and submit, then leave the trade unaccepted

Ping: me afterwards. There are no notifications when trades are sent anymore.
That feature went out a year or two ago.
Or at least for me anyway. The server changes jacked it up, lul

Last edited by M i r o; 12-18-2013 at 05:58 PM..

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 12-18-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o
Hadsvich: Everything alright with these?
I believe so~ o uo <3
I kinda get the feeling Illian's left ear (your right) should be in a different spot, but eh. -shrugs shoulders- x'3
Thank you!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 12-18-2013, 08:53 PM

Don't shruuuggg.
You mean following the same line with the other, going back?

I can fix it if you want me to.

---------- Post added 12-18-2013 at 05:23 PM ----------

I was just following the line from the third eyeball. It took awhile to get the eye shape I wanted for it.
And I guided the other ear from there.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-19-2013, 12:57 AM

I AM RESISTING AB SO HARD.

/dies.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-19-2013, 05:16 AM

= u = *stares down Dystopia*

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-19-2013, 05:19 AM

D:<

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-19-2013, 05:21 AM

Don't make me draw my stick figure strangling your stick figure D:<

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 12-19-2013, 05:28 AM

That would be great to see.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-19-2013, 06:47 AM

If you were to do so, I think I would respect you enough to hold off the AB.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-19-2013, 08:23 AM

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-19-2013, 10:33 AM

ROFL. Okay okay I'll refrain!

John Boner
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-19-2013, 05:56 PM

Princess Kasumi:

e.e I'm failing to follow the logic where you seem to say that people with a lot of gold should refrain from taking part in auctions because that is unfair to people who have more limited funds. It seems a bit unfair because I earned this gold by selling my own art and now I'm not allowed to spend it?? Hmm.. By the way, while I did AB that other auction for 2Ok, I also agreed to not participate in any more rounds. And while it may seem like I have an advantage because of my high amount of funds, is it not better for me to spend it and therefor put it back into the game for other people to spend? (Economics, etc).

Anyyyywayyyy

M i r o:

Heh, it's cool to try new things, I am sorry I don't have a lot of pretty boys to draw (they do seem to be quite popular among the anime art community ... ) Just do your best and have fun. XP

M i r o
Comatose

Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 PM

@ Anna & PK; You two! Don't kill each other s(・`ヘ´・;)

@ John; aww, haha! That's okedokey.
I need to branch out sometimes and do different things xD

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 12-19-2013, 10:04 PM

I'll get my reference in tonight Miro!! (it'll be super detailed, I promise!)