Lieai
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Lieai Send a message via Yahoo to Lieai

Old 10-23-2007, 04:34 AM

It was a dreary day out, he decided to himself quietly as he looked out the window of his room at the Leaky Cauldron. Rain made soft pitter-patter noises upon the thick glass and looking over his shoulder at his empty owl cage he frowned. "Wonder what you're up to Hedwig....probably with Lupin and Sirius....and Tonks too." he mused quietly to himself under his breath before a knock at his door stirred him from his thoughts. Looking up, he shifted his glasses better upon his nose and tried to fix his wild and untamed hair.

Harry Potter, the famous Boy Who Lived, had managed to kill Voldemort once and for all just two months ago. Needless to say, he was still wary around people even when they were just curious witches or wizards wanting to hear his story. Harry blinked at his reflection in the mirror as he realized he had been lost in thought once more and the knocks at his door were growing more violent as the minutes wore on. Shaking his head he said loudly, "Be there in a minute..." Heading to the door he opened it slowly, ready to face whoever it was.

(There you go. ^^)

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kyoki_Hinote Send a message via MSN to Kyoki_Hinote

Old 10-23-2007, 10:23 AM

Draco Malfoy was in trouble.

No, Draco Malfoy's entire family was in trouble. The Ministry had taken away nearly all their assets, even the legal ones under the pretenses of it "possibly being illegal". Their vault was empty, their house was being searched, Draco had not been allowed back at Hogwarts, and so had not graduated.

And Ollivander still had not gotten back to him about getting a new wand.

The young adult didn't know what to do. He wanted to live his normal life, wanted to be rich and respected again... But what could he do?

Somehow, he found himself knocking on the door of Harry Potter. Potter was a bleeding soul, he'd help... right? Well, it was worth a try, though what was left of Draco's pride hated him for it.

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM

Opening the door to see Draco Malfoy had to be the biggest shock at the moment for the brunette and watching the other carefully he silently stepped aside saying simply, "Come in...."

He had to admit he was rather surprised to see the blonde man and yet part of him was glad, he couldn't place that excited feeling and it bothered Harry. Smiling slightly he ran a hair through his dark hair saying in amusement, "So...to what do I owe the pleasure of your company Malfoy?" He hadn't seen Draco in two monthes but still it seemed like the other male had grown drastically in such a short time...he seemed...more mature....

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2007, 10:17 AM

Draco was a little surprised at how... easy it was to get in. No questions, no demanding answers, no yelling... it made him wonder.

He stood in Potter's hallway, looking around uncomfortably. When questioned, he turned around to face the man, sorely tempted to squirm around nervously. "I..." He started, stopped, let out a long sigh, and started again. "I need... h-help, Potter."

He hated asking for help, as though Harry hadn't saved his life already... more than once, even. But it had to be done. No one would help him... those on Dumbledore's side hated him, and those who were on the Dark Lord's side despised his family and all but spat in his face when he happened to see them. Where else could he go?

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-25-2007, 04:01 AM

Harry grew quiet and then frowned slightly before asking calmly, "What exactly did you do this time Malfoy?" The brunette had to admit it did surprise him slightly that Draco would come to him....for help? That was odd...but it made Harry curious as well.

As he saw how much Malfoy was fidgeting, his voice was softer as he said in an amused tone, "Afraid I might bite Malfoy? I did invite you inside....for merlin's sake calm down..." Turning from the other silently he walked off further into his room at the Leaky Cauldron and returned with two butterbeers saying with a slight chuckle, "You must have found the weather quite pleasant...it must be something serious for you to search me out like this...."

Quietly he held out one of the drinks to Malfoy and just in case said reassuringly, "It's not poisoned....trust me." Going to sit on one of the two loveseats by the fire he waited silently for Malfoy to join him....

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 AM

"I didn't do anything!" Draco protested, looking at the butterbeer in what appeared to be distaste but was really indifference. He joined Harry in front of the fire, sipping slowly and allowing the warm drink to fill him.

"I... The Ministry is being extremely unkind to those who were involved with the Dark Lord, and someone in my position... I... have no one else to go to... None of the others want anything to do with me, and of course everyone on your side hates me. My father is in Azkaban, but my mother is safe... since she helped save you and all." He began his monologue slowly, staring down into his mug like it held all the secrets of the universe.

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2007, 03:38 AM

Harry chuckled and shook his head, his eyes going to the fire instead of Malfoy's face as he thought quietly. My side huh? Heh, there's only the Ministry and then me....idiot.... Taking a quiet swig of his drink he asked in a flat tone, "So...what exactly are you asking me to do?"

Setting his drink aside, he crossed his legs and sat back watching the other quietly before he asked simply, "What's in it for me Malfoy? Your gratitude? Heh...I could really use that." Slight anger showed in his dark brown eyes as he recalled what had happened during the fight at Hogwarts...

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-26-2007, 10:17 AM

Draco winced, looking as small as he felt. He really... he didn't have anything to give! The ministry technically owned their house until they finished searching it, their gold was all but diminished and Harry didn't need any more to begin with... nothing. He had nothing!

"That's... about all I have to give. I just... I don't want my mother to have to live like this, with this horrid shame and humiliation. She doesn't deserve it." He blushed a little as he admitted the real reason why, his gaze still transfixed on his cup.

"If you're not going to help, just tell me and I'll leave."

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2007, 04:58 PM

And then he was there, nearly straddling the other's waist as he leaned down and tilted the other's chin up, "If I let you in...then obviously that means I'm going to help you." Carefully he watched Malfoy through his dark eyes covered by his glasses, up close he noticed little things about the blond that he hadn't before...

"You've grown Malfoy..." He said quietly, more to himself than anything and staring hard into the other's eyes he slowly pulled away and stood saying simply in a calm tone, "...but you're still ignorant as ever...you say everyone on my side won't help. But in truth, I'm not one to take sides...Ron and Hermione are the only two few I trust that are still living. So in a way...I too am very much alone like you."

Once more he sat down and closing his eyes asking calmly, "What is it you require me to do Malfoy? Remember though..." His dark eyes slowly opened once more to watch Malfoy intently, "...I expect something of equal value from you in return." He was smiling to himself in his head knowing that even if Malfoy had nothing to give he would've still helped...it took a lot of guts to come and ask him like this...

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-27-2007, 06:11 PM

Draco's eyes widened slightly as Harry tilted his chin up. Those dark eyes were so transfixing, hypnotic almost.

"Equal... value? Like what?" He scowled, confusion in his grey eyes. What on earth could Potter want from him? He probably wanted to humiliate him or something, wanted him to beg for help.

Just because he was asking Potter for help didn't mean he trusted him. Not at all.

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2007, 06:23 PM

Harry's lips curled slightly in a faint smile as he said simply, "Your company....all I ask in return for my help is...you." So as to clear any confusion up he continued, turning and taking his empty mug, "...I get lonely by myself and would rather if there was someone else here...to talk to and such..." Once more he faced Malfoy and still with that faint smile perched upon his lips he said quietly, "Do we have a deal?"

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Draco shook his head slowly in wonder. "Alright, Potter... It's your loss... If that's what you want, then fine. I'll do it. We have a deal."

"As for what I need your help with... You must have some kind of influence in the ministry. Aren't you friends with the new Minister of Magic or something? If we could get our house and assets back... We've been staying here at the Leaky Cauldron as well... Unfortunetly, that doesn't require much protection from hate crimes. I have no wand with which to protect myself or my mother." He flushed slightly as he recalled how Harry had stolen his wand. He remembered that night so clearly, how he had fervently denied that Hermione Granger and Harry Potter were among their captives, even though he knew it was them. A pathetic attempt at some kind of redemption, he supposed. There was no redemption for him, though.

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Harry sat back down and listened to all that Draco was saying before he said calmly, "I'll see what I can do about your assets and such and as for a wand...I'll try." The dark-haired man smiled faintly, "And yes, I know Kingsley....but I don't know if that's much influence as you so delicately put it." Once he finished speaking Harry sighed and pulled off his glasses for a moment to rub his eyes, he hadn't been sleeping very well these last few weeks...thanks to Hermione, he could see slightly without his glasses and for that he was eternally grateful.

Glancing at Draco he asked softly, "Anything else Draco? This is a binding agreement you know...." At least now I'll have something to do..., Harry thought wryly to himself as he watched the blond carefully...

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM

If those eyes were transfixing behind the glasses, without them... you couldn't even compare the two. So bright, shining with clarity.

"Pr-Protection... My mother and I... We've already been aproached by old Death Eaters... W-We can't go out in public anymore, not even to buy food or potions supplies." He blushed slightly, ashamed that he couldn't protect himself or his mother.

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-29-2007, 03:29 AM

Harry smiled a faintly warm smile and said softly, "Then you and I will go and get supplies for the time being...while I work on unfreezing your assets..." The dark haired man noticed with faint pleasure that Draco was once more blushing...

He couldn't help himself as he slowly got up and shifted to sitting next to the blond quietly and reaching over, placed a hand gently and soothingly over the other's dazzling icy blue eyes...

"Do you trust me Malfoy?"

He whispered so softly and almost hypnotically seductive in their own eerie way. Harry had drawn his wand and murmured something under his breath causing Draco's sight to disappear temporarily...

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-29-2007, 10:20 AM

With Harry's hands over his eyes, Draco could still see a little bit of light through the cracks between his fingers, but when that light went out completely, he let out a little cry of shock.

"Wh-What are you doing?" His fear was reflected in his voice. It was so hard for him to trust people now, didn't Harry understand that? He wouldn't... couldn't trust. And to have his sight taken from him, frankly, terrified him because it made him even more vulnerable.

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-30-2007, 11:17 PM

"Trying to see if you trust me...Draco..." He paused purposely and then let the other man's name roll off his tongue smoothly. Gently Harry traced lines of fear and doubt upon Malfoy's face as the dark haired male said soothingly, "...you know I won't hurt you." His fingers ran lightly through the other's hair and then slowly and lightly he traced his thumb over the other's lips...

Was it so wrong of him to desire Malfoy so much right now? Was it wrong to want his rival crying his name out in pleasure? Harry couldn't quite answer those questions as he said softly in the blond's ear, "This is part of our deal Malfoy...you give me yourself in return for my help." He couldn't help but smile as he pulled away from the couch and then returned, straddling the other's hips..."Now...tell me...do you trust me?" Came those low words against Malfoy's lips as Harry drew close to the other male. Harry watched Malfoy silently as he lightly and slowly brushed his lips against the other's own soft pink lips...

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2007, 12:52 AM

Draco whimpered quietly, trying to calm himself and failing utterly. Oh God... He hadn't thought this would come with the deal! It was Potter, for Christ's sake! Wasn't he straight?

Oh why did those gentle strokes have to feel so good? They did little to calm him, however, only served to freak him out more. He felt like he was with his father again, but his father would pull his hair after stroking it.

At the question, he shook. No, he didn't. Not when Harry was doing this. He pulled his head back at the kiss, turning his face to the side. "I... I thought you liked girls! Wh-What about Ginny?"

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 AM

Warm arms enveloped Draco soothingly as Harry murmured quietly as if to himself, "What about Ginny? She chases after other men...not me..." Soothingly, Harry continued to hold the other man and gently stroke the back of his head...

"No...I've lost all taste for women...and been hurt by them far too much to like them anymore...", he explained subtlety to the blond in a smooth gentle tone...and then, as if this whole thing was a dream Harry was off his lap and sitting back on the other couch...

"Go if you'd like...I don't care." His voice spoke of slight hurt that Draco didn't even trust him in the slightest and after he spoke, it was as if the veil over the blond's eyes lifted...

There Harry was, sitting with his glasses off, dark hair falling into his eyes slightly as he stared off into the flames of the small fire between the couches. The other man seemed almost troubled by something and a slight frown graced his lips...Ginny was still very much a touchy subject as was his sexuality....

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2007, 09:57 AM

Draco breathed a sigh of relief as his vision returned, looking at Harry with hesitance in his eyes.

"I... was all that just a... a test?" He asked, his shocked and confused expression changing to slightly angry. "How am I supposed to trust you when you blind me, and... and do that? You never make any sense!"

Now that Draco had started, he couldn't seem to stop. "And furthermore, I thought you were straight and you were... oh, but it was all a test, wasn't it? I mean really, Potter, you expect me to trust you immediatly, after all the mistrust I've had to have in order to survive intact? I highly doubt you trust me as far as you could throw me."

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM

Harry's eyes narrowed and with a quick flick of his wand he murmured, "Silencio..." Once Draco was quiet he faced the other, his eyes dead serious as he said calmly, "I trust you more than you know Draco...if I didn't you wouldn't have made it through my doorway..."

Rubbing his temples as if Draco had given him a headache he said simply, "I don't expect you to trust in me all the way but yea....I thought because I was risking everything just to save your assets and such you might have a little trust in me..." Harry shook his head and laughed almost bitterly, "I was foolish I guess to assume that much..." His dark eyes were harsh and cold as they gazed into Malfoy's icy blue ones, "...as I said, I'm tired of being hurt by those I cared about." Harry leaned back against his couch and slight amusement showed in his eyes, "...why? Are you surprised I no longer enjoy the company of women?"

By now the charm Harry had cast would wear off and Draco would be able to speak once more...however, Harry remained calm in his actions and such, even though he was very much angry and disappointed for reasons he didn't know...The old me would never do this...but I'd never help Draco either. Killing Voldemort...it....it's changed me...I can feel it...

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 PM

Draco's eyes were wide as he looked at Harry. He hated not having a wand. Hated it, hated it, hated it... He felt so vulnerable without one. He'd relied on that wand for years, it was almost like he had lost a leg without it.

It was just as his father always said. He was the weak link in the Malfoy chain. He'd never been any good to anyone. And he never would be. Especially not if he couldn't trust the very person trying to help him.

His eyes lowered, away from those freezing, green eyes. "...I'll just leave. Forget I ever came here." He stood up to go, clenching his fists tightly.

He didn't know what to think anymore.

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 AM

"Draco..."

Harry's voice was soft almost thoughtful, maybe even sorrowful that he had caused his blond companion to feel weak or angry although Harry would never admit it, "...forgive me? I...I've forgotten how to be around people..." Standing slowly his eyes softened and he smiled somewhat, "...If...if I scared you it wasn't my intention but please know I still intend on helping you...even if...you dislike me even more now..."

A soft sigh escaped his lips and slowly the dark-haired man slid his glasses back on before taking their mugs he quietly brushed past Malfoy, his eyes taking on a glassy appearance as he cleaned them by hand. His mind was elsewhere as he placed the two mugs back in the cupboard silently and stayed facing the sink before words poured out from his mouth,

"What do you think of me Draco? Everyone else says they think I'm the bravest man in the world...but..." His head lowered slightly, "...what's so brave about murdering someone..." Harry's fists clenched slightly, "...what's so wonderful about everyone treating you like a hero for it...it....its not right..."

It was being around people that made him think, he always hurt anyone he was near...that's why he lived alone. Anyone who got involved with him ended up dead or hurting him somehow...that was why he distanced himself. Any woman who had captured his heart shattered it's remaining whole pieces...that was why he never got involved with them. And now Draco...just by asking him in a voice that near ripped his tattered heart out of his chest had successfully torn down all those walls he had put up between himself and everyone else...

And just like Draco...

He didn't know what to think anymore as he slid to his knees, his forehead resting against the cold wood.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2007, 01:02 AM

Draco listened to the man rant, watching him and following him around the house silently. For once, at least around someone his own age, Draco didn't talk. He just... listened.

He waited until Harry finished talking to speak, walking up to crouch down next to him.

"Well..." He rested his hand on the man's shoulder, trying to gain his attention. "I think... by destroying one very evil, corrupt human... you saved many more innocent ones. And... a few not-so-innocent ones as well. Is putting a rapist in jail unfair to him? He was barely..." Draco suppressed a shudder. "No, he wasn't human. Not at all."

Lieai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2007, 01:53 AM

Harry listened quietly to Draco and then tilted his head to watch the other without saying a word...and then he closed his eyes and looked away saying quietly, "I...I still see their faces Draco...Remus...Tonks...all of them...and then I see him." Harry lifted his head slightly to stare blankly at the kitchen cupboard, "...I see him kill me and I remember when I was dead...Dumbledore he...he was crying..." His voice thickened with emotion as he lowered his head, "...and saying how sorry he was...and Snape he...he was protecting me and you...but...he never let me know it..."

This was the first time he had told anyone about when he had been dead or what Snape had shown him in his last thoughts. And here with Draco he let it all out and when he was finished, hot tears were rolling down his cheeks...maybe it was because Malfoy had shown him one shred of kindness or maybe it was because he had been alone so long, but he had opened himself entirely to Malfoy and it didn't bother him at all...

The young man who was The Boy Who Lived was now crying into Draco's shoulder and holding him tightly as he said over and over through his tears, "I miss them...oh god I miss them..." He had lost everything precious to him save his two best friends...and now all he had now at this moment was the man he was holding tightly to as if the blond meant all sanity in his life at the moment.